1. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.
  2. New to the forums? Check out our Mentorship Program!
    Our mentors will answer your questions and help you become a part of the community!

CAP 6 CAP 6 - Part 8 - Stat Spread Poll 3

Discussion in 'CAP Process Archive' started by darkie, Dec 13, 2008.

?

who stat spread should we use?

1. Gothic Togekiss

54.7%
  2. Time Mage

45.3%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Goodbar

Goodbar

Voted time mage, simply cuz me and GT won last CAP ?_?, since both are so similar that was the tie breaker
  2. Vividsketch

Vividsketch

Looks more and more like my own spread. Yet it was completely ignored. Go figure.

Anyway, even though I value the slight extra speed of Time Mage's set I prefer the offensive stats of Gothic Togekiss'. I feel the Defenses of both are fine.

So Gothic Togekiss' ftw.
  3. TekkenStorm

TekkenStorm

4. X-Act

X-Act np: Biffy Clyro - Shock Shock
    is a Site Staff Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus

Really, I find very few things that separate these two stat spreads, if at all. They both have almost the same defenses, but GT's hits slightly harder than Time Mage's and GT's is slightly slower than Time Mage's.

In view of this, I don't really know what to vote for. Personally I would have liked the offenses to be a little bit nearer to each other (a full 40 base points from Atk and SpA is kinda too much for my tastes).

I'll vote later when I make up my mind.
  5. jagged_angel

jagged_angel

I am not so fussed about the low SpA of both sets since this hasn't got No Guard or Compoundeyes to increase the Acc of things like Hydro Pump, Blizzard and Focus Blast.
    Other than Scizor there's nothing in the Top 10 that really needs taking down with special attacks anyway so CAP6 should still be able to do its job with low SpA.
  6. sbc

sbc

well higher SpA helps take out Zapdos and Gyarados also.
  7. zarator

zarator Credits to Mos-Quitoxe for the cute sprite^^
    is a Community Contributoris a Contributor Alumnus

CAP6 has no business with Zapdos and Gyarados is better manageable with Thunderpunch unless Gyara switches into CAP6 rather than the contrary... really, the only pokemon CAP 6 would have needed Sp Atk for is Skarmory, which I think can nicely stay as a check to CAP6 without no complaints.
  8. jagged_angel

jagged_angel

There's Avalanche to act as a 120BP 100% Acc attack for Zappy, on a slow, tanky pokemon its better than Ice Beans or Blizzard.
  9. Umbreon Dan

Umbreon Dan 〉λ=
    is a CAP Contributor Alumnus

I voted Gothic Togekiss for the higher Defense and Spec. Att.
    Who cares if it has a higher base speed than Heatran? Heatran is nearly always Scarfed and I highly doubt that this guy's going to ever be.

However, it really doesn't matter all that much. The spreads are nearly identical.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)