CAP 8 CAP 8 - Part 15 - Sprite Poll 3

Discussion in 'CAP Process Archive' started by cyberzero, May 20, 2009.

?

Which sprite should we use?

1. DougJustDoug

32.9%
  2. Aragornbird

67.1%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cyberzero

cyberzero
    is a CAP Contributor Alumnus

Our Pokemon so far:

[​IMG]

Name: Cyclohm
    Type: Electric / Dragon
    Style Bias: Somewhat Defensive
    Build Bias: Mixed, possibly Special
    Ability: Shield Dust/Static
    Stats: 108 HP/60 Atk/118 Def/112 Sp Atk/70 Sp Def/80 Spe

This poll determines the battle sprite that will be used when the pokemon is implemented on the CAP battle server. Sprite submissions for the art poll will be selected by the Topic Leader, based on preference and feedback in the Sprite Submission thread. The sprites for all voting options should be included in the OP and referenced by artist name in the poll.

This is a clicky poll. The options are:
  2. O_HAI!

O_HAI!

DJD, you did a great job, but aragornbird's just looks more "real" to me. Like it looks more like a sprite, you know? Yours is great though, I love your backsprites especially. Great job everyone!
  3. Infiltrator

Infiltrator

Still going with DougJustDoug! His shiny and pose is just awesome!
  4. Coronis

Coronis Keeping the dream alive~
    is a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus
    Mentor

How does it look like more of a sprite...Anyway, Im still voting for doug's, I love the shiny and the pose.
  5. Not Scicky

Not Scicky

Doug, your backsprite pose and shiny are absolutely superb, however, the style of your sprite just isn't my preference.

So I voted AB.

Either way, congrats to you guys for your second sprite win.
  6. O_HAI!

O_HAI!

It's my opinion, maybe? I just think that AB's looks more like a sprite you would actually see in a game.
  7. Gir!

Gir!

-_-. Next time Im gonna say "I hope this doesnt end up being a (insert my fav here) vs (insert everyone else´s fav here)" just the situation I didnt want to happen happened, seriously, this was for me, the most difficult choice. DJD backsprite is quite good, althought the shiny scheme was something I didnt like, meanwhiles, AB was an incredible front and back sprite, and the color was wonderful, so, sorry Doug, but my vote will you to AB
  8. Dr. Duck

Dr. Duck

Props on all entries--this group of sprites showcased some of the best talent of any CAP so far.

It's a toss up, but out of the two remaining options, I picked Aragornbird if only because of the frontal pose.
  9. Joatmon

Joatmon

I like Doug's shiny colors more, but at the same time I prefer Aragorn's Pose.

I have to go with Aragorn here, but honestly all the submissions were superb.
  10. StevyB

StevyB

My computers retarded so I can't see either of them.
  11. ShayminSOcute

ShayminSOcute

Can we have Doug's backsprite and AB's front sprite ^_^
  12. tennisace

tennisace very nice.
    is a member of the Site Staffis a Super Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
    Super Moderator

For the (hopefully) last time, no we cannot. Sprites are a package, and that's because the color palates aren't exactly the same, moreso on the shiny than the normal, and the spriting styles are different and unique.
  13. Hazmat

Hazmat

Both are fine, but I like AB's colors more, they feel very vibrant.
  14. Magmortified

Magmortified <b>CAP 8 Playtesting Expert</b>
    is a CAP Contributor Alumnus

Aragorn's just looks a little bit more natural to me, I guess. Doug's sorta makes me think the heads are bursting out of the clouds like an egg. :X

It's not all that, but that's really all I can put into words.
  15. Mentlegen

Mentlegen

Its funny, I like AB's sprites more than DJD's, but I like DJD's color scheme.

Anyway, I voted for AB because I see his more as being in the game.
  16. Calad

Calad Hero of the Blue Flames
    is an Artist Alumnus

Both deserves to win.
    I really like DJD shiny, but AB is more stylish.

My vote went to AB.
  17. KoA

KoA The very best...
    is an Artist

Uufff, too tough to call, but In the end I went with AB. I love yours too Doug, but something clicked more with his.
  18. Raj

Raj CAP Playtesting Expert

Damn, I really thought Doug's would receive more love. Aragorn's looks good- I just don't see what sets it apart, or I guess, what's drawing its mass appeal. Not disappointed, just a little surprised.
  19. Recoil

Recoil

aragornbirn all the way. It just captures the essence of Cyclohm better, I believe.
    Doug's is awesome, but aragornbird's is even more awesome. Good job.
  20. Aerodactyl Legend

Aerodactyl Legend

That doesn't make any sense. Hopefully that ain't an excuse for a hop on the bandwagon.
  21. Surveying Motions

Surveying Motions

I voted DJD, because of his backsprite and shinys, and because I don't like AB's shiny colour scheme. The backsprite is what I will see when using Cyclohm, so it's important to me.

I know that this is not a Policy Review thread, but in the next CAP could we possibly vote on front sprite designs, choose one, then all the spriters get to design a backsprite for it, and we choose that too? It would ass some time to the process, but ensure that we ended up with the very best sprite possible.
  22. Victanda

Victanda

Going for Aragornbird, again. Both have done amazing job though. Well done!
  23. Erazor

Erazor ✓ Just Doug It
    is a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus

Both these sprites are amazing, but I'm going with Doug's, because it's shiny looks amazing!

edit: 444'th post, lol
  24. Wichu

Wichu ACUPRESSURE
    is a Pokemon Researcher

Going with Aragornbird; I'm not really a fan of DJD's shading style, but I love Aragornbird's soft shading. Also, Aragornbird's captures the cute look and personality of the original design better. Finally, although I admit DJD's shiny colours look pretty cool, I actually prefer Aragornbird's. Though the colour difference is more subtle than DJD's, it has a great feeling of 'specialness', which isn't really in DJD's...
  25. Raikaria

Raikaria

I prefer Aragonbird's sprite it looks more eye-atching, and the spikyness makes it look more like an electric type, the steryotypical thunderbolts.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)