CAP 9 CAP 9 - Part 16 - Sprite Poll 2

Which sprites should be CAP 9's sprites?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

KoA

Sorry, I thought anteaters were real
is an Artist
Well there's gonna be a third poll between AB's and Cartoons!' sprite, since neither has a significant margin over the other. These polls always boil down to 2 v 2 bloodbaths.

I AM HEAVY WEAPONS GUY, AND THIS IS MY WEAPON

Bull of Heaven

Went with KoA again. Cartoons' sprite is a little too "bloated" for my liking. I'd say the extra bulk actually makes it less menacing than the others. Aragornbird easily has the best backsprite and shiny, but it was KoA's dynamic pose that won my vote back in the submission tread.

Hmm, tough decision...

KoA's pose is amazing, but it looks a bit too slim...

Cartoons!'s looks a bit too glum, and the eyes and mouth on the backsprite are a bit too small for my liking...

So, going with aragornbird for the outstanding backsprite and shiny palette.

I love KoA's and voted for it (both front and back sprite) but it's not showing up in the OP for me. (I'm going by the one in the Sprite Submissions thread) The dyanamism is brilliantly executed and the sand effect adds such a unique touch, especially on the backsprite.

98 to 98 in the Aragornbird vs. Cartoons! showdown.

I voted Cartoons! because his looks more professional and evil. The bulkiness on this sprite is amazing and I think that Cartoons!'s definitely deserves to win this.

And also I think that there should be a poll #3 due to how close this is between Aragornbird and Cartoons! So that KoA's voters can vote on either Aragorn or Cartoons!'s and we can have a clear winner.

Gonna have to go with aragornbird again. It simply works so well with all the abilities and traits Colossoil brings. Although I would be perfectly happy with any of the submissions. Fantastic work everyone.

I voted for KOA as I thought it made the best proportional sense of the last three, providing you accept the thiness. Aragornbirds still seems much wider at the top than the bottom to the point where it looks weird, and it's too overly hulking and bulky.

Cartoons is a nice artistic achievement, but it's just too bulky again.

bugmaniacbob

Was fun while it lasted
is an Artist Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
I came last, so I'm not exactly in a position to comment, but whatever.

KoA's sprite is incredibly unique and ingenious, but just looks far too dramatic to be in a Pokemon sprite.

Aragornbird and Cartoons! both have great front sprites, but it seems to come down to this: Aragornbird has the best back sprite by far, while Cartoons! has the best shiny sprite.

So I have to go with Aragornbird on this one. Again. Maybe next time...

Voted Aragornbird over Cartoons! because it seems to me that the stat spread of Colossoil fits his sprite better. Mainly the speed stat.

-Terywj

HSA

INTellectual gamer
is a Tiering Contributoris a Past WCoP Champion
Voted Cartoons! I really like that fat whale. The bulkiness makes it look amazing.

Alchemator

my god if you don't have an iced tea for me when i
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Aragornbird gets in the lead by one point (119-118). Loved Cartoon's entry but AG's was simply amazing (pretty much decided by shiny colour actually)

aragornbird all the way! Supported since the very beginning of this CAP, not changing any time soon. The sprite itself is just amazing - great perspective, great colouring, great everything.

Go go aragorn!

aragornbird gets my vote! I voted for the reasons I have said all along; dynamic pose, great shiny, and attention to detail.

128 -129 Cartoons!

Me thinks there will be a third poll XD

Plus

中国风暴 trademark
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis an Artist Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Closing, as I have to be somewhere soon and won't be back till later. Also the results will likely be the same.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)