CAP1 - Part 11.5b - (Pre-Evo Art Poll 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Moving right along!

The following three contenders have survived the first poll and are now moving onto the bold vote stage. To reiterate, this is a bold vote, which means that you can vote for only your favorite remaining entry. These polls will continue until one entry has over 50% of the vote, at which point that submission will become PreCAP1's art design!

Below are the submissions that passed all rules in the order they placed in the last poll:
paintseagull
Mos-Quitoxe
aragornbird
I've reiterated some rules for this vote below so that everyone knows exactly what's going on. These rules were shamelessly taken from the main CAP1's art thread for continuity.

• Do not bold any text other than your votes.
    The script we use to count the votes looks at bolded text, and ignores all other text. You can still write other non-bolded things in your post, but don't bold them or it will mess up your vote.
  • Vote for exactly one artist.
  • Spell the artist name exactly as it is spelled below.
    It is not case sensitive, but please remember that your vote will not count unless it is the artist's name spelled correctly. (e.g. "Cyzir_Visheen" is not CyzirVisheen)
Good luck!

Main Design

Supporting Material

Side-on pose showing spots and egg shaped body.

This Tomohawk prevo concept is a little cub with a protective fluffy egg body. The ruffles around its face show the beginnings of the feather-like fur that Tomohawk uses for flight after it evolves. Its wide, flat, oversized arms hint at wings. Tomohawk's purple markings are foreshadowed in the purple spots on cub-hawk's egg body.
Main Design:

Additional images (using old tail design):

http://i998.photobucket.com/albums/af108/SClipD/fakes/CAP11prevosupplementcopy.png

Notes: The basis behind this entry is that his hair-scales are present but not stiffened, so he appears as a shaggy pile save for the ones on the tip of the tail, which have hardened into a blade as an offensive weapon since it's limbs aren't suited for striking moves and it has difficulty in manipulating aura. Initially having an actual tomahawk axe-head on the tail, the current diamond-shaped axe-head proved much more popular. Its rough-and ready appearance calls scrappy immediately to mind, though it also possesses a quickness of thought and lack of scruples that make it a great prankster too. High defenses are facilitated by its thick coat, which provides a buffer against many attacks. I chose to make a quadrupedal design after seeing a number of bipedal ones, so the transition from low-ground landlubber to high-flying fighter appeared more drastic.

Anyway, thank you all for your kind words towards this entry and for your advice towards this greenhorn here, and I hope to be a worthy contender against the great entries on offer!
Wait for me!

The pre-evolved form begins the Native American theme for Tomohawk. These guys may be little, but they are very mischievous and sneaky. They form small tribes with their evolved forms and like to practice sparring with each other. However their speed in combat is often hindered by their stubby legs. The goal of their tribe elders is to teach them to become better fighters by unlocking their hidden strength rather than relying on their physical strength.

Supporting Material:

aragornbird
i'd like to remind the voters that the type of this pokemon is normal/fighting, which aragorn's looks the most like.

aragornbird

A bit of a tossup for me between his & paintseagull's, but aragorn's fits the whole motif already established, plus it follows the 'adorable badass' theme better, whereas paint's is just 'adorable' without the 'badass'.

@The Other Doug: ONLY ONE VOTE.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)