CaP's shitty twin brother?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sunday

God Bless Nintys Incompetence :*)
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
IMO we should take it as a complement:toast:

However getting Dougs server up and running was a bit contributer to our sucess, I wonder if they've got plans for a server? Without one it's near destined to fail.

However getting Dougs server up and running was a bit contributer to our sucess, I wonder if they've got plans for a server? Without one it's near destined to fail.
They already have a server.

We also have to consider if they know how to actually implement Pokemon to the server.

tennisace

not quite too old for this, apparently
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Any TU member is not welcome on the CAP server or #CAP as stated before on the server. That's just crossing the line, copying our process basically and switching the order, albeit less organized than us. This doesn't give everyone the right to spam their forum or server. The cold shoulder/banishment will suffice.

DougJustDoug

Knows the great enthusiasms
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Artistis a Programmeris a Forum Moderatoris a Top CAP Contributoris a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Anyone can create their own pokemon. We're not the first project for making custom pokemon, and we won't be the last. As for putting custom pokes on a server, the code is open-source. I think AA had some custom pokemon on his server too. If TU thinks creating and playtesting new pokemon is a good project, then I take it as a compliment. If they follow a process similar to ours, that's fine too. There are plenty of pokemon fans out there -- more than enough to go around. I wish them the best of luck with their project.

What about me tennis? I used to be an every day frequenter of Doug's server, even though I don't go on much anymore. just because I am a member of Team Uber you automatically hate me? and what about EM? last time I checked he also has an account there.

Everyone has an account there. The last few hours were spent by several members (I will not name names) psuedo-trolling them and in some (read: most) cases trolling them.

TBH, I'm a bit disappointed in them. I think that everyone has the right to do something like this (this as in a CaP of their own), but it's mainly the way the did it that is angering everyone. The fact they previously did a TSU like project had tension in the air already, this just made it explode.

Doug is correct though, imitation is the best form of flattery.

Mario With Lasers

Self-proclaimed NERFED king
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
I really don't understand why they've decided to start with the name, of all things. But I wouldn't get myself in their way. Unless they try to get in ours, which would be pretty silly from both sides, anyway.

beej

everybody walk the dinosaur
is a CAP Contributor Alumnus
We didn't copyright the concept of making Pokemon. They can do whatever they want, and nobody should have to suffer as a result of this. Banning TU members from the server is outrageous.

tennisace

not quite too old for this, apparently
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
We didn't copyright the concept of making Pokemon. They can do whatever they want, and nobody should have to suffer as a result of this. Banning TU members from the server is outrageous.
I never meant outright ban. I meant more of a cold shoulder. And, yes, we didn't copyright the concept of making Pokemon. We just make a concrete competitive process, which it looks like they're taking. It also looks like they're doing it due to the popularity of our project, much like TSU.

Yes, and I was intrigued by Spanky's actions on what he has stated:

(20:08:20) SoT has joined Teamuber.
(20:08:33) SoT: ok
(20:08:34) SoT: what
(20:08:34) SoT: the
(20:08:35) SoT: fuck
(20:08:36) SoT: is
(20:08:38) SoT: wrong
(20:08:38) SoT: with
(20:08:38) SoT: you
(20:08:39) SoT: guys?
(20:08:47) SoT: Why are you copying our CaP shit?

As Doug stated:
Anyone can create their own pokemon. We're not the first project for making custom pokemon, and we won't be the last. As for putting custom pokes on a server, the code is open-source. I think AA had some custom pokemon on his server too. If TU thinks creating and playtesting new pokemon is a good project, then I take it as a compliment. If they follow a process similar to ours, that's fine too. There are plenty of pokemon fans out there -- more than enough to go around. I wish them the best of luck with their project.
I have full permission to do whatever modifications I want in my server. Making my own Pokemons is not by any way against any rules. I am not plagiarizing any process of the CAP project. I am going by my process and I have valid and logiacl reasons as to why.

Also, Teamuber Server is a community of people that does not affiliate with Smogon. There might be some negative topics made in this forum against some "so called" Teamuber members posting patriotic posts that lead to distaste of Teamuber. But I have no correlation towards that, as I have no power as to how any of the Teamuber members act.

Also, my server is made mostly for Pokemon tournaments and events. I just added a Pokemon creation projection as an event for fun. There is no reason to be jealous or anything that I am doing this for Teamuber community and its benefit.

Yes, and I was intrigued by Spanky's actions on what he has stated:

As Doug stated:

I have full permission to do whatever modifications I want in my server. Making my own Pokemons is not by any way against any rules. I am not plagiarizing any process of the CAP project. I am going by my process and I have valid and logiacl reasons as to why.

Also, Teamuber Server is a community of people that does not affiliate with Smogon. There might be some negative topics made in this forum against some "so called" Teamuber members posting patriotic posts that lead to distaste of Teamuber. But I have no correlation towards that, as I have no power as to how any of the Teamuber members act.

Also, my server is made mostly for Pokemon tournaments and events. I just added a Pokemon creation projection as an event for fun. There is no reason to be jealous or anything that I am doing this for Teamuber community and its benefit.
I don't get the last sentence, of the second to last paragraph. You're an administrator, you have the power to add rules, infract people, etc. You have full correlation actually if you do have the power to mend their ways, banish them, infract them, and do whatever any other Admin can do on their forum. If you don't have the foundation of rules for your society, you don't have a society, all you have is idiotic chaos.

I don't get the last sentence, of the second to last paragraph. You're an administrator, you have the power to add rules, infract people, etc. You have full correlation actually if you do have the power to mend their ways, banish them, infract them, and do whatever any other Admin can do on their forum. If you don't have the foundation of rules for your society, you don't have a society, all you have is idiotic chaos.
And I don't see much "idiotic chaos" going on Smogon server? There is "idiotic chaos" going on every server.

Also, the Server does have rules. I just haven't implemented them because the server went through a major update in which the Welcome Text was erased.

beej

everybody walk the dinosaur
is a CAP Contributor Alumnus
I never meant outright ban. I meant more of a cold shoulder. And, yes, we didn't copyright the concept of making Pokemon. We just make a concrete competitive process, which it looks like they're taking. It also looks like they're doing it due to the popularity of our project, much like TSU.
You act like they robbed our houses and stole something. Just because we have the "best" CAP process, it doesn't mean all others are unviable and copying us. The justification for this is probably the craving of autonomy, not simply wishing to steal our shit because they're evil. Not that they even need justification, because yes we did not copyright CAP. There is absolutely no reason to punish anybody, whether it's giving them the cold shoulder or banning or whatever.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)