ORAS UU Captain Price's Squad

Welcome to my Rate my Team. It is an ORAS UU Team which was built around Mega Aggron.
At first, english is not my mother tongue, therefore i want to excuse me for my english "skills".

Lets Begin.

Captain Price's Squad

Team in Detail:

Captain Price (Aggron) @ Aggronite
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Heavy Slam
- Earthquake
- Thunder Wave
- Stealth Rock

I chose megaAggro because he isn't really used and i like his mega form. This EV spread puts megaAggro in a Sweeper Mode. I gave aggron T-wave because he's bulky enough to take hits and spread paralysis. Heavy slam is Aggron main STAB move, which OHKOs really much. Stealth rocks are almost guaranteed with aggrons sturdy and bulk. Earthq
This is the main Pokemon of the team, there isnt any reason chosen that one, i like it and its the Mega Mon. Its strong kills much, and also walls DD-Sweeper, or other Dance Sweeper. Its also one the other hand a physical wall of my team. Heavy Slam OHKOs 50% of UU :D and Earthquake helps for the coverage. Stealth Rock is standard, and Thunder Wave helps me Outspeed fast Mons or make them useless.

Aqua (Vaporeon) @ Leftovers
Ability: Water Absorb
EVs: 200 HP / 252 Def / 56 SpD
Calm Nature
- Scald
- Heal Bell/Baton Pass
- Wish
- Protect

After having Aggron i needed a Fire resist so I thought vaporeon was a good fit.
Aggron has no reliable way to recover so i needed a wisher/wishpasser on the team and vaporeon fills the role perfectly. With Vaporeons resistance to fire spam and Baton pass+wish, aggron can live longer. The EV spread allows vaporeon to take 2 flare blitz from scrafed Darmanitan. Baton pass is used as a slow pivot to pass Wish to a weaken Ally, but Heal Bell is for Supporting and its really important, wish+protect is for recovery and scald is STAB.

X-Bat (Crobat) @ Black Sludge
Ability: Infiltrator
EVs: 40 HP / 252 Atk / 216 Spe
- Brave Bird
- U-turn
- Defog
- Roost/Taunt

My next step was finding a pokemon who can counter aggrons main weaknesses so i thought of crobat. Crobat is great partner for aggron because he 4x resistent to fighting moves and is able to hit fighting types back hard with brave bird. The EV spread is nothing special just invested it in attack and speed and take a Choice Banded Adamant Knock Off from Heracross after Stealth Rocks. Brave bird is used as check for the fighting types and is crobats main STAB move. Defog is used for hazards removing and U-turn is usually used to scout slower pokemon. The last move is filler, lately I been using Roost and its been working very well.

Mence (Salamence) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Moxie
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Dragon Claw
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Fire Blast/Outrage

After looking at my team i decided i needed a choice scarfer so, I added a Salamence since aggron checks most of his counters. Salamence is a strong scarfer who can benefit from aggron. Earthquake and Stone Edge for Coveragedragon claw just in case i dont need to lock myself in outrage. Poison jab Stone Edge to hit Flying Types like Aerodactyl and outrage for its most powerful STAB, but Fire Blast is used for Chesnaught, Bronzong and more.

Shaymin @ Life Orb
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Seed Flare
- Earth Power
- Air Slash
- Rest
I started noticing my team was weak to bulky water types and I just wanted to add a grass type.
Shayman is one of the most dominant grass types in UU and it takes the bulky water types out like swampert and suicune. The EV nature is assured that shayman packs a serious punch while having speed. air slash is for fighting types and with aggron spreading paralysis i have para flinch hax sometimes :). earth power hits predicted fire types switch-ins seed flare is its main STAB and i put healing wish as a filler but it turns out to work pretty well.

Tiger (Arcanine) @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 240 HP / 16 Atk / 252 Def
Impish Nature
- Flare Blitz
- Extreme Speed
- Morning Sun
- Will-O-Wisp
My next process was finding a pokemon who can threaten grass types who threaten vaporeon and i decided to go with aracanine, in addition to that I needed a Pokemon which is strong against Darmanitan and Entei. It helps my team a lot with burning the opponents, but it deals also much damage out. It takes a lot physical damage and is in my Team my Physical Wall.

But its hard choosing a mon, i have theese possibilities or other:
Offensive Arcanine, Defensive Arcanine, Banded Entei. I need help.

It would be very nice if you can rate my team.

Thank you :)

Last edited:
For Salamence, I would run this set

Salad Mince (Salamence) (M) @ Choice Scarf
Shiny: Yes
Hasty Nature
- Outrage
- Dragon Claw
- Fire Blast
- Iron Tail

Fire Blast over Earthquake is a better choice, as it hits Mega Aggron significantly better. Earthquake doesn't really do you much good, while it does hit Rock Types harder, you're better off switching or unleashing your rage. Iron Tail hits Florges hard, and most of the time will OHKO it.

That's all I got

For Salamence, I would run this set

Salad Mince (Salamence) (M) @ Choice Scarf
Shiny: Yes
Hasty Nature
- Outrage
- Dragon Claw
- Fire Blast
- Iron Tail

Fire Blast over Earthquake is a better choice, as it hits Mega Aggron significantly better. Earthquake doesn't really do you much good, while it does hit Rock Types harder, you're better off switching or unleashing your rage. Iron Tail hits Florges hard, and most of the time will OHKO it.

That's all I got
Thanks i will do that. Do you have other suggestions for me ?

Acrobatics Crobat with no item is more beneficial than Black Sludge Crobat with Brave Bird, just make sure you have Roost.

Crobat
EVs: 200 HP / 96 Atk / 212 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Acrobatics
- Roost
- Taunt
- Defog

Also why isn't Vaporeon Soap Mactavish?

Acrobatics Crobat with no item is more beneficial than Black Sludge Crobat with Brave Bird, just make sure you have Roost.

Crobat
EVs: 200 HP / 96 Atk / 212 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Acrobatics
- Roost
- Taunt
- Defog

Also why isn't Vaporeon Soap Mactavish?
Good Idea :D and thanks

Edit
Can you also help me with my Arcanine Problem ? What can i do or is it ok ?

Last edited:
If Lil Wayne's Mixtape is giving you an issue, then maybe consider Flash Fire instead, and also you have a Vaporeon right there, so it's fine.

And WHY ISNT VAPOREON SOAP!!???

Ununhexium

I closed my eyes and I slipped away...
is a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Smogon Media Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Yo

On Aggron I recommend running an EV spread of 252 HP / 16 Def / 240 SpD with an Impish nature. This spread hits a jump point in Defense and allows Mega Aggron to usually survive two CB Krookodile Earthquakes while giving it more special bulk, but a 252 HP / 52 Def / 240 SpD can be used to always take the Earthqakes. This also helps a bit with dealing with Krookodile, which nothing on your team wants to switch in on.

On Crobat, run a spread of 248 HP / 60 Def / 200 Spe with NO ITEM and use Acrobatics over Brave Bird. This makes you much less weak to Mega Beedrill which you only have Arcanine for and allows it to switch into any move from Choice Band Krookodile except Stone Edge. Same goes for Heracross and Mienshao, where they basically need to use Stone Edge to deal any damage.

On Salamence I suggest you run Dragon Claw / Earthquake / Fire Blast / Outrage. Stone Edge is really unnecessary because you said it hits Flying-types and stuff, but they're hit almost as hard by Outrage which is like the best move to use late game and smash stuff to bits.

On Shaymin, I recommend running Dazzling Gleam over Air Slash as Dragon-types such as Hydreigon are a HUGE threat to your team and Dazzling Gleam makes it harder to switch in on. Also, keep in mind Psychic is an option to hit Crobat on the switch, but you have Aggron which should be okay. Also, I'm okay with Rest, but I usually prefer Synthesis but to each their own.

Hope I helped :)

Yo

On Aggron I recommend running an EV spread of 252 HP / 16 Def / 240 SpD with an Impish nature. This spread hits a jump point in Defense and allows Mega Aggron to usually survive two CB Krookodile Earthquakes while giving it more special bulk, but a 252 HP / 52 Def / 240 SpD can be used to always take the Earthqakes. This also helps a bit with dealing with Krookodile, which nothing on your team wants to switch in on.

On Crobat, run a spread of 248 HP / 60 Def / 200 Spe with NO ITEM and use Acrobatics over Brave Bird. This makes you much less weak to Mega Beedrill which you only have Arcanine for and allows it to switch into any move from Choice Band Krookodile except Stone Edge. Same goes for Heracross and Mienshao, where they basically need to use Stone Edge to deal any damage.

On Salamence I suggest you run Dragon Claw / Earthquake / Fire Blast / Outrage. Stone Edge is really unnecessary because you said it hits Flying-types and stuff, but they're hit almost as hard by Outrage which is like the best move to use late game and smash stuff to bits.

On Shaymin, I recommend running Dazzling Gleam over Air Slash as Dragon-types such as Hydreigon are a HUGE threat to your team and Dazzling Gleam makes it harder to switch in on. Also, keep in mind Psychic is an option to hit Crobat on the switch, but you have Aggron which should be okay. Also, I'm okay with Rest, but I usually prefer Synthesis but to each their own.

Hope I helped :)
You can also switch out Mons.
which Nature at Crobat ?
I will change that at the next possibility

Ununhexium

is a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Smogon Media Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
You can also switch out Mons.
which Nature at Crobat ?
I will change that at the next possibility
Oh sorry the nature on Crobat should be Jolly. The EVs / nature allow it to out speed everything up to and including Noivern, importantly Mega Pidgeot

Mega Pidgeot is one of the biggest UU threats, it is very important and relevant and you don't exactly deal with it too well

Ununhexium

You really only need to out speed Pidgeot, but Noivern is only marginally faster

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)