CAPTT 2 Discussion Thread

HeaLnDeaL

Let's Keep Fighting
is an Artistis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus

Me.

_______________________________________________________________________________________

Yo kids, feel free to discuss the second annual CAPTT here. Either be funny or smart or both. Any posts that is neither funny or smart will be deleted.

my predictions for the season + odds

1:1 HeaLnDeaL drafts boxofkangaroos
1:1 Someone posts a snakes on a plane meme after snake_rattler wins a battle
2:1 ^said person is snake_rattler himself
2:1 cbrevan and I face off in another Metronome battle
3:1 jas61292 is drafted for some ridiculously high amount
3:1 Someone loses a dubs match because they forget about Fidgit's ability
5:1 Sae Sae gets haxed out of every battle
8:1 A BW LC match gets played after two LC players are paired for BW
12:1 One of the managers pulls a Tadasuke by the second week
30:1 Kangskhan gets a 100% loss rate in dubs for the second year in a row
50:1 Exclaimer makes a good post in this thread
10000:1 All battles are completed in a timely fashion

Sae

In the midst of Orre
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
my predictions for the season + odds

5:1 Sae Sae gets haxed out of every battle
Nah fren considering the ridiculousness of the hax last year like the double freeze on the same turn, odds should be higher like 10:1 lol

Good thing I stole fellow friend hax queen Anttya's hax recently. Hopefully it'll remain for the tour :p

Looking forward to seeing the development of CAP Mono though.

HeaLnDeaL

Let's Keep Fighting
I just would like to announce that I will be holding "tryouts" for the Mighty Morphin' Mollux Rangers from now until the auction. If you want to prove to me for whatever reason that you're worthy of my fake auction money, then just PM me on PS or here on Smogon and we'll work out a time for me to fite you or make a tour or just watch you while you ladder or something.

The other CAPtains might be doing this too, but idk. Asking probably won't hurt though. I hope.

Probably way too early, but we did a mock draft anyway because lol. Here are the results:

Cracked Crucibelles: [Money: 2000 | Bidders: mastermewking] Players: Exclaimer, jas61292, Sae Sae, Youngster Mewking, K.Rool
Mucousy Molluxes: [Money: 0 | Bidders: healndeal] Players: tamas, Ria, StellaCAP, PenQuin, Dream Eater Gengar, heartofgold
Naughty Necturnas: [Money: 11000 | Bidders: sparktrain] Players: Silverwhiteblue, snake_rattler, Fiend, rozes, TraceofLife, Yellow Paint, Arifeen
mushrooms: [Money: 0 | Bidders: tamas] Players: Bionic Puppy, Old_Gregg, Frat Dude, Elite Lord Sigma, Amitghosh, Take Azelfie, tcr
Exclaimer purchased by Cracked Crucibelles for 15000
tamas purchased by Mucousy Molluxes for 10000
jas61292 purchased by Cracked Crucibelles for 19000
Bionic Puppy purchased by mushrooms for 10000
Old_Gregg purchased by mushrooms for 3000
Frat Dude purchased by mushrooms for 18000
Sae Sae purchased by Cracked Crucibelles for 13500
Youngster Mewking purchased by Cracked Crucibelles for 16500
Elite Lord Sigma purchased by mushrooms for 15000
Silverwhiteblue purchased by Naughty Necturnas for 12000
snake_rattler purchased by Naughty Necturnas for 25500
Ria purchased by Mucousy Molluxes for 23500
Amitghosh purchased by mushrooms for 3000
Take Azelfie purchased by mushrooms for 10000
StellaCAP purchased by Mucousy Molluxes for 11000
tcr purchased by mushrooms for 10000
K.Rool purchased by Cracked Crucibelles for 3000
Fiend purchased by Naughty Necturnas for 6500
PenQuin purchased by Mucousy Molluxes for 6500
rozes purchased by Naughty Necturnas for 5000
Dream Eater Gengar purchased by Mucousy Molluxes for 7000
heartofgold purchased by Mucousy Molluxes for 11000
TraceofLife purchased by Naughty Necturnas for 3000
Yellow Paint purchased by Naughty Necturnas for 3000
Arifeen purchased by Naughty Necturnas for 3000
highlights:
- most expensive players were snake_rattler (25.5k) and Ria (23.5k)
- mewking dropping 16.5k on himself

snake

is a Community Leaderis a Top CAP Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
CAP Co-Leader
See what happens when you can sabotage the enemy with snakes? You become very...valuable.

Deck Knight

Blast Off At The Speed Of Light! That's Right!
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Friendly advisory:

If the other CAPtains are so foolish as to not pick you up, there's a reason we're called the Scrub team.

Because we're going to CLEAN UP all the fools who doubted us. :)

I got picks first for my team that warms my heart

God knows why lol

Either way, I see a lot less stall and a lot of naviathan as ex got drafted

Last edited:
All formats for CAPTT have been added to http://origin.psim.us/, thanks TheFenderStory!

HeaLnDeaL likes this

1. Rip origin and the CAP formats on that server. Main till the end it seems. (Rip my global voice there as ;-;)
2. Should I try out for Heal's team or Animus's team? hmm
3. Amitghosh will win the most matches, and you all know it, so be prepared to lose
4. Bold prediction: cbrevan will win no matches. This will be because bre loves salad too much, and will spend too much time focusing on salad instead of battling

HeaLnDeaL

Let's Keep Fighting
We did another mockdraft.

Naughty Necturnas: [Money: 0 | Bidders: sparktrain, brokenphobias] Players: Ria, Fiend, jas61292, QueenOfLuvdiscs, Kingriolu, Alice Kazumi, Yellow Paint, Frat Dude, Galvantula Tank, iVid

cbrevan chickens: [Money: 10000 | Bidders: cbrevan] Players: Exclaimer, boxofkangaroos, snake_rattler, Youngster Mewking, tamas, Silverwhiteblue, JigglykongisFUM16

Kissy Face Molluxes: [Money: 8000 | Bidders: healndeal, ria] Players: Anttya, StellaCAP, Elite Lord Sigma, PenQuin, DarkSlay, NitrousAcid, BreloomMyHomie, Bionic Puppy, heartofgold, Matame, Confide, Sunfished, TheFenderStory, tcr, Blackdrakon30

Vicious Vulpixes: [Money: 0 | Bidders: vulpixmayhem] Players: Sae Sae, Arifeen, EpicUmbreon29, Dream Eater Gengar, NumberCruncher, Sundar, Ununhexium

Highlights: queen selling for 3k, exclaimer selling for 30k

Sae

In the midst of Orre
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
HeaLnDeaL Animus Majulous jas61292 and not even sure who else to tag, but can we ban Cawmodore from CAP Mono? Monotype already has bans on Talonflame, and Cawmodore is even more destructive than that on over half the types.

Not sure what else would be close to ban worthy cause it's too dominating and centralizing a force. Scpinion said he'd implement it on the Mono side if it gets approved by you guys. We don't have a dedicated Mono CAP thread so I'm guessing you guys are in charge.

Anttya there you happy, one less broken bird for you to abuse.

Deck Knight

Blast Off At The Speed Of Light! That's Right!
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Ban captain bird imo
Going to agree with this. Even for types like Ground that aren't specifically weak to any of Cawm's attacks, unless every single mon runs Roar or Fire coverage, the standard Cawm set is going to annihilate them. Even things like Gliscor and Steelix can't deal with Cawm fast enough if they have to switch in. Both of Cawm's types have access to numerous Stealth Rock users to mitigate Sturdy Roars and the like, and Steel and Flying are both so inherently strong (Steel is bulky attacker w/ passive damage resistance city) or diverse (Flying BARELY qualifies as a mono-typing at all it has so many viable combinant Pokemon - oh btw. Cawm adds an Elec immune to Flying mono teams that doesn't get instakilled by Ice Beam).

If Mega-Meta and Talonflame are banned in Mono, something like Cawm should be tossed on principle.

For those of you that missed the news (myself included, apparently), Cawmodore is banned from CAP Monotype.

edit: SINCE PEOPLE KEEP ASKING ME FOR SOME REASON, CAWMODORE IS NOT BANNED FROM THE CAP METAGAME

just monotype

Last edited:

Take Azelfie

More flags more fun
cbrevan: if you're on a team thats not the choice band revenankhs, use your planned oras cap teams and save replays!
Snorlax_in_the_way: cbrevan
Snorlax_in_the_way: my team is stupid enough as it is
Snorlax_in_the_way: don't tempt us
@cbrevan: lol
Snorlax_in_the_way: we are literally as dense as a bag of hammers
Snorlax_in_the_way: its not even funny at this point

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)