CAPTT 2 Discussion Thread

Bumping the thread :]

If you don't know who I am, my name is GreenGogoatttt and I was picked up at the Midseason Auction by HeaLnDeaL and his team, the Mighty Morphin' Mollux Rangers. Unfortunately, we were eliminated so I decided to show all the teams I made for this season (I never used any of them because I never played lol).

Cap Doubles

M (Kangaskhan) @ Kangaskhanite
Ability: Inner Focus
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
IVs: 0 SpA
- Fake Out
- Double-Edge
- Low Kick
- Sucker Punch

O (Tomohawk) (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 216 HP / 144 SpA / 148 SpD
Quiet Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 0 Spe
- Hurricane
- Focus Blast
- Taunt
- Protect

L (Volcanion) @ Safety Goggles
Ability: Water Absorb
EVs: 252 HP / 116 Def / 96 SpA / 44 SpD
Quiet Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 21 Spe
- Steam Eruption
- Heat Wave
- Earth Power
- Protect

L (Azumarill) (F) @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Huge Power
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Brave Nature
IVs: 0 SpA / 0 Spe
- Belly Drum
- Aqua Jet
- Play Rough
- Protect

U (Hoopa-Unbound) @ Focus Sash
Ability: Magician
EVs: 252 Atk / 40 Def / 212 SpA / 4 SpD
Brave Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Hyperspace Fury
- Hyperspace Hole
- Trick Room
- Protect

X (Fidgit) (M) @ Mental Herb
Ability: Persistent
EVs: 252 HP / 40 Def / 216 SpD
Relaxed Nature
- Sludge Bomb
- Earth Power
- Trick Room
- Protect

This was the first team I built and it's centered around the ability to have Trick Room for 8 turns with Fidgit. I gave it Mental Herb for the item to avoid taunt from Thundurus or Talonflame. For the moves, I had duel stabs which do hit big threats in the metagame such as Heatran and Mega Gardevoir. Trick Room as it's the main focus of the team and Protect because it's doubles. 252 HP Evs, 40 Def Evs, and a Bold Nature allow Fidgit to usually take two -1 Double Edges from Adamant Mega Kangaskhan. 252 HP Evs and 216 SpD Evs allow Fidgit to never be OHKOd from Timid Mega Gardevoir Psychic. Next I added Hoopa-U as another Trick Room setter and a Trick Room attacker. The EVs I stole from somewhere on Smogon but they allow Hoopa to survive a -1 Return. I then added Max Attack, 4 in SpD to get the extra point, and the rest in Special Attack. Tomohawk was added next to provide intimidate support the calcs on Fidgit and Hoopa. The EVs allow Tomohawk to take a spread Timid Hyper Voice from Mega Gardevoir and rest in Special Attack. Double waters were added next to be more Trick Room attackers. The Volcanion EVs allow it to take two -1 Earthquakes from Adamant Landorus-T and one Modest Life Orb Draco Meteor from Hydreigon. I decided to not run any speed EVs on Azumarill since this is fullroom. Finally, I had Mega Kangaskhan to provide Fake Out pressure to help Trick Room to go up, along with another strong attack.

M (Gardevoir) (F) @ Gardevoirite
Ability: Trace
IVs: 0 Atk
- Hyper Voice
- Psychic
-
- Protect

O (Colossoil) (M) @ Flame Orb
Ability: Guts
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide
- Knock Off
- Protect

L (Krilowatt) (F) @ Safety Goggles
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 252 HP / 104 Def / 84 SpD / 68 Spe
Calm Nature
- Muddy Water
- Thunderbolt
- Follow Me
- Protect

L (Tomohawk) (M) @ Rocky Helmet
EVs: 252 HP / 20 Def / 80 SpA / 148 SpD / 8 Spe
Bold Nature
- Air Slash
- Roost
- Taunt
- Protect

When I learned I wasn't going to be battling I found out I only needed one team and I was very satisfied with the FullRoom team so I never ended up finishing this. BlueSkiddoWeCanToo used a completed team of this Week 5. The main idea is to use the synergy between Mega Gardevoir and Colosoil along with the redirection of Krilowatt to blow through the opposing team. The EVs on Krilowatt allow it to take two -1 Returns from Adamant Mega Kangaskhan, two -1 Adamant Earthquakes from Landorus-T, outspeed Jolly Breloom, and 2 Timid Hyper Voices from Mega Gardevoir. Tomohawk was then added for Intimidate support and a nice ground immune. The EVs allow for the 2HKO on Amoonguss with Air Slash, take two -1 Returns from Adamant Mega Kangaskhan, and take a spread Hyper Voice from Timid Mega Gardevoir.

M (Naviathan) (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Heatproof
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Waterfall
- Iron Head
- Protect

O (Talonflame) (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Gale Wings
Jolly Nature
- Brave Bird
- Flare Blitz
- Quick Guard
- Protect

L (Amoonguss) @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 184 Def / 72 SpD
Sassy Nature
- Spore
- Giga Drain
- Rage Powder
- Protect

Naviathan looked really cool so I wanted to build around it's DD version. Talonflame was added to take on grass types and secondary speed control, while Amoonguss was added for redirection. Moves and EVs are standard.

M (Necturna) @ Power Herb
Ability: Telepathy
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Geomancy
- Shadow Ball
- Energy Ball
- Protect

O (Landorus-Therian) @ Choice Scarf
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide
- U-turn
- Superpower

Inspiration came from Blue. I added Landorus-T as it checks a lot of things and has intimidate which allows Nectura to set up earlier. Really not much else to say lol.

BW CAP

Revenankh @ Leftovers
Ability: Shed Skin
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Bulk Up
- Shadow Sneak
- Drain Punch
- Ice Punch

Tyranitar @ Choice Band
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 156 HP / 252 Atk / 100 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Stone Edge
- Crunch
- Pursuit
- Superpower

Rotom-Wash @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpA
Bold Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Volt Switch
- Will-O-Wisp
- Pain Split

Heatran @ Leftovers
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Lava Plume
- Toxic
- Taunt

Dragonite @ Lum Berry
Ability: Multiscale
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Outrage
- Earthquake
- Protect

Reuniclus @ Leftovers
Ability: Overcoat
Bold Nature
- Calm Mind
- Psychic
- Focus Blast
- Recover

When I was told by Heal that I might have to sub in for BW week 5 I was flustered since I've never played a game of bw cap in my life lmao. Anyways, I wanted to build around Bulk Up Revenankh as it's one of my favorite cap mons. Added Tar to trap other ghost types and to hit flying types for se damage. Looking Tomohawk weak I added Washtom to switch in and pivot around while throwing out wisps. Grass types then looked good against my team so I added Tran to beat them well also providing rocks. I then threw on Dnite as a Sun check and another win con. Reuniclus holds the team together providing a 3rd win con and helps against Tomohawk.

Shoutouts

HeaLnDeaL Thanks for buying me at midseason and allowing me to make the cap dubs vrankings. thank god you advertised it in the dubs room that one day or else I never would of been here. thanks for helping to test too.
BlueSkiddoWeCanToo thanks for helping me build/test and helping me on the vrankings.
Alice Kazumi BreloomMyHomie Dream Eater Gengar heartofgold Kingriolu NitrousAcid Ria tamas TheFenderStory although I was only here for 3 weeks and didn't interact with most of you, thanks for carrying us almost into the finals
Matame Yellow Paint thanks for help on the vrankings
boxofkangaroos thanks for all our art

Last edited:

SHSP

is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Top CAP Contributor
Hey guys, I'm gonna follow gogoat's lead and post a couple of teams I built for this that I feel good about. This was my first ever tournament of any sort really, and though I didn't do well at all, I feel really good about just participating in it, and I'll be ready next year :)

Terrakion @ Choice Band
Ability: Justified
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Close Combat
- Poison Jab

Gardevoir @ Gardevoirite
Ability: Trace
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Will-O-Wisp
- Hyper Voice
- Psyshock
- Focus Blast

Pyroak @ Leftovers
Ability: Battle Armor
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Bold Nature
- Synthesis
- Lava Plume
- Giga Drain
- Stealth Rock

Starmie @ Life Orb
Ability: Natural Cure
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 30 SpA / 30 Spe
- Rapid Spin
- Hydro Pump
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Infernape @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Blaze
Jolly Nature
- Flare Blitz
- U-turn
- Close Combat
- Earthquake

Colossoil @ Assault Vest
Ability: Rebound
EVs: 252 Atk / 36 Def / 220 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Sucker Punch
- Knock Off
- U-turn
This was a team I built that got unused. I wanted to build around cb terrak and mega garde to break apart teams really. I added roak to add rocks and honestly just wanted to build with roak, as its not a mon I use often, and starmie as a spinner and more offensive presence. I fell in love with ScarfNape in testing, it's my check to Caw as well as general speed and usually my lead, scout, etc. Colo is a generally good mon that I find hard not to fit on my teams, helps gain momentum, poison check, general special sponge. I've realized that this doesn't handle well into bird spam or flying types in general, especially with my main physical tank being weak to them.

Keldeo-Resolute @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Justified
Timid Nature
- Secret Sword
- Scald
- Hydro Pump
- Icy Wind

Tyranitar @ Chople Berry
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 252 HP / 88 Atk / 168 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Pursuit
- Crunch
- Earthquake

Tomohawk @ Leftovers
Ability: Prankster
Bold Nature
- Hurricane
- Rapid Spin
- Roost
- Aura Sphere

Aurumoth @ Life Orb
Ability: Illusion
Modest Nature
- Psyshock
- Overheat
- Bug Buzz
- Quiver Dance

Jirachi @ Leftovers
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 252 HP / 236 SpD / 20 Spe
Careful Nature
- Iron Head
- Body Slam
- Wish
- Protect

Jellicent @ Leftovers
Ability: Water Absorb
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Bold Nature
- Will-O-Wisp
- Taunt
- Scald
- Recover
I signed up for ORAS and BW, and probably shouldn't have let my rose tinted glasses get me to sign up for BW. After playing my two matches, and getting handily beaten both times, I realize I need a little (and by little, I mean lot) more work put in to get good at BW in specific, but this game as a whole. Regardless, this is the BW team I used in my first match in w2, and I feel this is the best team I made. I felt like building around a core I know well from my past, so I picked the ever popular Keldeo-TTar core, using scarf Keldeo and lead TTar. I added Tomo next to deal with grasses like Breloom as well as spin, realizing I wanted to add Auru because of it generally appreciating what Keld does. Jirachi and Jellicent form the defensive backbone of the team, Rachi providing Wish support for the offensive firepower, and Jellicent being a Keldeo counter/check depending on what hidden power it runs, as well as handling physical attackers well. I really feel I didn't do this team justice, as I played terribly the one game I felt comfortable using it. I won't share my w3 team just bc it has waaaay bigger flaws (not having an alakazam check being the main one I realized... :|). All in all, I'm glad to have been a part in this tour, and I'm excited to keep improving till the next one. Go Cyclohms :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)