Gen 3 CeleTres

Karrot

plant
is a Past WCoP Champion
Thunder does more damage when it strikes from around 300~ Special attack, allowing a chance 2HKOing water pokemon, which Thunderbolt fails to do. Otherwise, you'll need 380~ Special attack to 2HKO water pokemon with a Thunderbolt.

Let's get back on topic: this team is Heracross weak no matter how you put it. This can be solved by replacing Boah, who is only really there to benefit from Calm Minds. There are other Pokemon that can recieve them just as well and still cover Heracross, such as Salamence.

Replace Boah?
deal.
I really don't like it all that much, as only one of my other pokemon are immune to it. But Salamence? eh... i guess so.

Salamence (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Intimidate
EVs: 212 HP / 80 Def / 160 Spd / 56 SAtk
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Dragon Claw
- Fire Blast
- Protect
- Wish

Maybe HP: Grass/Hydro Pump > Protect?

@ zOMG: hahahahahaha

Thunder does more damage when it strikes from around 300~ Special attack, allowing a chance 2HKOing water pokemon, which Thunderbolt fails to do. Otherwise, you'll need 380~ Special attack to 2HKO water pokemon with a Thunderbolt.

Let's get back on topic: this team is Heracross weak no matter how you put it. This can be solved by replacing Boah, who is only really there to benefit from Calm Minds. There are other Pokemon that can recieve them just as well and still cover Heracross, such as Salamence.
No poke that learns TB/Thunder desperately needs to 2HKO water pokes with it.
And one of the two Thunders misses most of the time.

Umby

I'm gonna bury you in the ground~
is a Contributor Alumnus
That would be a matter of opinion, preference, and circumstance. Just let it go. People will use Thunder at times. That doesn't make it necessarily the best choice or the worst. In any case, you don't have to use it.

Taylor

i am alien
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Boah doesn't 2OHKO Vap, Cune, Pert or Milotic. Starmie loses to Crunch anyway.

However, Thunder is used on Gengar to 2OHKO Water-type, Pokemon. Gengar uses Thunder over Thunderbolt to do so.

still with spikes support and if the enemy is slightly weakened when switching in, boah will kill them
and i haven't seen anyone using thunder gengar. i believe that it already 2hkos all bulky waters save maybe suicune and of course stuff like swampert

Karrot

plant
is a Past WCoP Champion
Boah doesn't 2OHKO Vap, Cune, Pert or Milotic. Starmie loses to Crunch anyway.
It doesn't 2HKO them with Thunderbolt, but with sandstorm up and a 300 SpAtk Thunder it has a high chance of 2HKOing all of them except Swampert. If they get paralyzed, it's GG.

Unless it's running 380~ SpAtk, Gengar can only 2HKO waters with Thunder, even moreso with a sandstorm running.

Dragonite also needs Thunder to 2HKO waters. Starmie, also, but it can already take on waters easily. Regice needs Thunder to 2HKO waters without being stalled.

I think Pocket is the only one I've ever seen using Thunder wherever he can. He's used all of the above mentioned at least thrice.

Taylor

i am alien
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Yeah, that's what I said about Gengar. The common sets that don't use a benificial nature in Satk will need Thunder to 2OHKO waters like Vaporeon and Suicune. Also, I've never seen a Boah with Thunder.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)