Cheeky Bastard (WIP)

Status
Not open for further replies.

So I wanted to make a team with this cheeky bastard. After a bit of research, I saw that a Trick Room set would work great in tandem with V-Create

Ninetales is next because well, it's Ninetales.

I needed a way to deal with Tyranitar and Heatran, two mons that get in the way of Victini's sweep. Enter everyones favorite trapper Dugtrio.

Now because it's Gen 5, I needed a way to keep Rocks off the field and setting my own in the process; SR seriously eats away at Victini's bulk which I need to pull off a Trick Room. Claydol can keep hazards off the field with Magic Coat, set up rocks, and Spin them away as well.

Next up is something that would help me deal with opposing Sun teams and check the Dragons that run rampant in OU. Welcome to the team Heatran

Last up is something to help me deal with water types, abuse the sun and work as an offensive pivot. Hai Venasaur.

The team in depth

Victini @ Muscle Band
Trait: Victory Star
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 HP / 4 Def
Brave Nature
IVs: 0 Spd
- V-create
- Bolt Strike
- Brick Break
- Trick Room

The star of the team. V-Create in the Sun has got to be one of the most powerful moves in the game. It OHKO's almost anything that doesn't resist it. Brave Nature and 0 Speed IV's to help it out under trick room. 252 EV's in HP for dat bulk

Ninetales @ Leftovers
Trait: Drought
EVs: 252 HP / 120 Def / 136 Spd
Timid Nature
- Flamethrower
- Will-O-Wisp
- Sunny Day
- Protect

I opted for a more defensive Ninetales because I need it to last as long as possible.

Dugtrio @ Focus Sash
Trait: Arena Trap
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 Atk / 4 HP
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Reversal
- Memento
- Stone Edge

Standard Sash Dugtrio. Memento opens up opportunities for Victini to come in and rape

Claydol @ Leftovers
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 92 SDef / 252 HP / 164 Def
Bold Nature
- Toxic
- Stealth Rock
- Rapid Spin
- Magic Coat

Claydol sets rocks and spins. It does a good enough job of dealing with other entry hazzard setters.

Venusaur @ Life Orb
Trait: Chlorophyll
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 SAtk / 4 HP
Timid Nature
- Giga Drain
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Growth
- Sludge Bomb

Chlorophyll abuser Venusaur. I'm probably gonna switch to a more bulkier version or a different Grass type all together. Honestly with Heatran not in the way, Venasaur with a growth under its belt can wreck on its own

Heatran @ Air Balloon
Trait: Flash Fire
EVs: 252 SAtk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
Timid Nature
- Fire Blast
- Earth Power
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Taunt

So far the team is good in concept. I'm not sure where to go from here. One pokemon I noted who'd be a problem for this team was Landorous-T. Any advice would really rock about noe

I think the Pokemon need more than three lines of description or a Mod will close the thread, I'm not sure if that counts as three though. Claydol is really easy to set up with since you lack an attacking move so an opposing Gyarados can set up a dragon dance or a substitute and proceed to hurt your team really badly unless Trick Room is up. I really suck at making sets, so I don't think I can help you there. Running Trick Room and having a Chlorophyll abuser on a Sun team seems a bit weird. Sunny Day Ninetales is good for switches and whatnot, but I think you should use a different move over Protect, if you're using a bulky Ninetales set with Sunny Day to heal back up, a move like Protect isnt too useful, so maybe Nasty Plot could work with the bulk. That's all for my rate, its a pretty solid team, and good luck with building and adding changes to your team. Leave a VM on my profile if I helped at all (or not).
~Windex

dragonuser

The only thing I look up to is the sky
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Three-Time Past WCoP Champion
Hi,

Like said above, you really need to increase the descriptions in this thread. Try to expand on what role each Pokemon plays for your team, and why you chose that specific moveset or EV spread.

PM me your updated descriptions and I will unlock this thread for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)