1. Welcome to Smogon! Check out the Smogon Starters Hangout for everything you need to know about starting out in the community. Don't forget to introduce yourself in the Introduction and Hangout Thread, too!
  2. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.

Chrome & FF Link Fixing Extensions

Discussion in 'Technical Projects' started by Toast++, Jul 24, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Toast++

Toast++ Free* toaster if you PM me your favorite smog article
    is a member of the Site Staffis a Programmeris a Super Moderatoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Researcher Alumnus
    The Smog Lead

I'm not exactly sure how long it's going to be until everything is up and running again but I've been a bit annoyed with links being broken all over the place. For that reason, I created a couple of simple extensions that redirect you to the correct thing.

A couple of things:
    There is a slight delay before the redirect.
    As far as I know, announcements are actually inaccessible.
    This is not meant to be permanent - just a fix until something else can be worked out.
    Username (i.e. http://www.smogon.com/forums/member.php?username=sandshrewz) links are a bit trickier. I can make them work in 1 click, but it's more work so I'm not doing it if no one cares. Currently, they direct you to a search for that user.

:toast: Feedback is appreciated. :toast:

Chrome Download
    Firefox Download
    apt-get, GCSChris, Furai and 5 others like this.
  2. Soul Fly

Soul Fly IMMA TEACH YOU WHAT SPLASHIN' MEANS
    is a Contributor to Smogon

I tried it, but honestly it's a hit-or-miss.
    half the times I'm still getting the 'no-input file specified' page.
  3. Toast++

is a member of the Site Staffis a Programmeris a Super Moderatoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Researcher Alumnus
    The Smog Lead

Yeah, I figured there would be things I missed. Next time that happens, send me the link that was broken so I can see if I can add it.
  4. Toast++

The Smog Lead

I've fixed the couple of link types that Soul Fly brought to my attention. I think it should update automatically at some point but if you want to force it, just go to chrome://extensions and click "update extensions now".
    Soul Fly likes this.
  5. GCSChris

GCSChris

This is awesome. Nice job!
  6. Toast++

The Smog Lead

Well, looks like this was taken care of a little sooner than I expected. If member links are important to you, they're still broken so I'm leaving the links up for now.

:toast:

PS:1k threads/posts are for losers.
    Soul Fly likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)