Pokémon Clawitzer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Im still wondering if he can learn Hydro Pump cause breeding doesnt work and on serebii there is no Hydro Pump in the list of Level up Moves.

Lord Wallace

Hentai Connoiseur
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Wait... what?

There is absolutely no reason you should use Surf on Clawitzer. You said it yourself, they're the same base power after Mega Launcher, but Water Pulse has that more PP and the confusion chance, and you should always take the move with added benefits if they have the same base power. Never use Surf on Clawitzer. Use either Water Pulse or Hydro Pump.
He could be referring to the convenience of Surf in game. Hauling around your best competitive team (if you choose to do so) in Kalos gets pretty annoying when you have no HMs. But other than that yes Water Pulse is better.

For a brief comparison of Trick Room Surfers:

Clamperl @ Deepseatooth:
+2 252+ SpA (custom) Surf vs. 224 HP / 32 SpD Skarmory: 190-224 (58.1 - 68.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

Clawitzer @ Life Orb:
252+ SpA Life Orb (custom) Surf (aka Water Pulse) vs. 224 HP / 32 SpD Skarmory: 179-212 (54.74 - 64.83%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

You can get more power than Clamperl with Specs, of course. It's pretty close, though. Depends whether you want to guarantee you outspeeding the opponent in Trick Room or whether you want bulk and more than 2 good moves.

Insults are not required could just say I'm wrong but I was unaware I was insulting your intelligence by thinking Surf > Water Pulse.

Anyways as you said back to topic...just used Clawitzer with StickyWeb support and Specs, which easily allowed this shrimp to sweep. TR or Hazard support make this guy deadly. I guess it is unfortunate it doesnt get ShellSmas
Okay I apologize, that was unnecessary, you're right. You've made some pretty good points elsewhere in the forum and it was uncalled for, I'm sorry.

However, I WILL rectify the statement to say that you were SAYING dumbass things-- at least, assuming you were talking on the basis of competitive moves (which IS what we're discussing here.... I think), and I'll stand by that. Numbers don't lie:

Surf: 90 BP / 100 acc / 15 PP / no additional effects
Water Pulse: 90 BP (after Mega Launcher) / 100 acc / 20 PP / 30% confusion chance

Barring the aforementioned in-game uses, I don't know why you'd EVER use Surf over Water Pulse.

Last edited:
Okay I apologize, that was unnecessary, you're right. You've made some pretty good points elsewhere in the forum and it was uncalled for, I'm sorry.

However, I WILL rectify the statement to say that you were SAYING dumbass things-- at least, assuming you were talking on the basis of competitive moves (which IS what we're discussing here.... I think), and I'll stand by that. Numbers don't lie:

Surf: 90 BP / 100 acc / 15 PP / no additional effects
Water Pulse: 90 BP (after Mega Launcher) / 100 acc / 20 PP / 30% confusion chance

Barring the aforementioned in-game uses, I don't know why you'd EVER use Surf over Water Pulse.
No i agree i was. What i meant was i wouldnt rely on confusion but yes you are right in its benefits over Surf

No i agree i was. What i meant was i wouldnt rely on confusion but yes you are right in its benefits over Surf
I'm glad we agree. And yeah, I wasn't saying you SHOULD rely on it; it's like 'namicpunch on Machamp: the damage is what you rely on, but the possibility of the opponent missing an attack on you is a nice added bonus.

Personally, I think I'd rather just run Hydro Pump if he gets it.

I'm glad we agree. And yeah, I wasn't saying you SHOULD rely on it; it's like 'namicpunch on Machamp: the damage is what you rely on, but the possibility of the opponent missing an attack on you is a nice added bonus.

Personally, I think I'd rather just run Hydro Pump if he gets it.
Ive been thinking the same though my hit/miss ratio makes me not want to try that lol

I'm looking at a Trick Room, Assault Vest tank-thing, judging from that god-awful, shitty amazing 55 Speed it's got going on. That, and "STAB" Aura Sphere and Dark Pulse.

Clawitzer @ Assault Vest
Quiet nature (+Special Attack, -Speed)
EV's: 252 Special Attack (for sure), 252 HP?, 4 Defense? [I'm not sure on the defensive stats here. It would depend on what checks/counters Clawitzer and in what ways they do so]
IV's: 0 Speed
-Water Pulse
-Aura Sphere
-Dark Pulse
-U-Turn

Pretty bread-and-butter here. Water Pulse gets STAB + Launcher "STAB", plus a chance at confusion. Aura Sphere gets "STAB" and provides coverage; the same goes for Dark Pulse.

Although Clawitzer is special, I'm thinking U-Turn here. If Trick Room's about to end, U-Turn out and reset it. If a threat comes in, U-Turn out. Simple as that.

I'm looking at a Trick Room, Assault Vest tank-thing, judging from that god-awful, shitty amazing 55 Speed it's got going on. That, and "STAB" Aura Sphere and Dark Pulse.

Clawitzer @ Assault Vest
EV's: 252 Special Attack (for sure), 252 HP?, 4 Defense? [I'm not sure on the defensive stats here. It would depend on what checks/counters Clawitzer and in what ways they do so]
-Water Pulse
-Aura Sphere
-Dark Pulse
-U-Turn

Pretty bread-and-butter here. Water Pulse gets STAB + Launcher "STAB", plus a chance at confusion. Aura Sphere gets "STAB" and provides coverage; the same goes for Dark Pulse.

Although Clawitzer is special, I'm thinking U-Turn here. If Trick Room's about to end, U-Turn out and reset it. If a threat comes in, U-Turn out. Simple as that.
Water/Dark/Fighting coverage is walled by Toxicroak. Trick Room or no, sweepers need to be able to hit / kill preferably everything before getting killed. Unless you have like Dugtrio or something to get Croak out of the way, that could be a problem.

Then again, that's kind of an issue with Clawitzers in general, I suppose.

Water/Dark/Fighting coverage is walled by Toxicroak. Trick Room or no, sweepers need to be able to hit / kill preferably everything before getting killed. Unless you have like Dugtrio or something to get Croak out of the way, that could be a problem.

Then again, that's kind of an issue with Clawitzers in general, I suppose.
What about subbing out either Dark Pulse or Aura Sphere for Dragon Pulse (assuming he learns it)?

^ I think I mentioned this earlier in the thread. (*checks...* ...yep)
Dark Pulse would be the one to drop so you maintain SE Fighting coverage on Ferrothorn and such IMO, but dropping Dark Pulse would make it harder for him to counter things like Jellicent and Aegislash.

I think it's a safe gamble that, strong though he is, he won't be OU.

^ I think I mentioned this earlier in the thread. (*checks...* ...yep)
Dark Pulse would be the one to drop so you maintain SE Fighting coverage on Ferrothorn and such IMO, but dropping Dark Pulse would make it harder for him to counter things like Jellicent and Aegislash.

I think it's a safe gamble that, strong though he is, he won't be OU.
(*checks...* ...whoops. My bad)

I think the only 'mons not hit by that set for at least regular damage are Shedinja and Azumarill.

Does Clawitzer realy has access to Hydro Pump?
You know, I was just about to ask the same thing.
Also, why is nobody putting Ice Beam on Clawitzer? Seriously, are you guys forgetting about it's Grass-type weakness? It REALLY needs that coverage, plus it hits Toxicroak for neutral (Weaker) damage.

You know, I was just about to ask the same thing.
Also, why is nobody putting Ice Beam on Clawitzer? Seriously, are you guys forgetting about it's Grass-type weakness? It REALLY needs that coverage, plus it hits Toxicroak for neutral (Weaker) damage.
Yeah this is possibly a better alternative to Dragon Pulse. =w= Silly me.

Running Ice Beam means that Clawitzer really needs to run 4 attacks though, or Jellicent walls it.

Yeah this is possibly a better alternative to Dragon Pulse. =w= Silly me.

Running Ice Beam means that Clawitzer really needs to run 4 attacks though, or Jellicent walls it.
Hydro Pump/Water Pulse, Ice Beam, Aura Sphere, Dark Pulse. Choice Specs can EASILY be run on the shrimp.

Hydro Pump/Water Pulse, Ice Beam, Aura Sphere, Dark Pulse. Choice Specs can EASILY be run on the shrimp.
Yeah, bulky specs with U-Turn was a thing that was talked about kind of being an attraction on this guy. Although, I suppose it's really better suited for the Assault Vest thing. Yeah, that sounds pretty good.

Yeah, bulky specs with U-Turn was a thing that was talked about kind of being an attraction on this guy. Although, I suppose it's really better suited for the Assault Vest thing. Yeah, that sounds pretty good.
I use specs but i use it on a more lower tier style team because i recognize its power but figure it wont go high up there. ModestSpecs with StickyWeb support is great and I run Diggersby on the same team to catch the incoming t-bolts and Gourgeist for grass moves

Clawitzer @ Assault Vest/Leftovers
-Water Pulse
-Aura Sphere
-Dark Pulse
-U-Turn
I think that this might be come the standard set for clawitzer, with or without trick-room. U-turning partners could be Dugtrio or Gengar(M) to trap specific theats/wall that clawitzer can't deal with. Or any frail sweeper that can do with a free switch-in that could deal with toxicroak would be an intresting parter. The item depends on what it can tank, i think leftovers could be the better option as you want to be able to take hits on both stats. Would there be any pokemon clawitzer needs to outspeed?

I've been reading through the forum and am disappointed by his stats. A claw double kingler's and half the attack?
Anyway, I think expert belt is the way to go for sheer wall breaking capacity. Max spa and hp with wish support. Trick room/ sticky web are good but so is quiver passing venomoth. Sleeping foe, try to grab +2, subs are always nice and go to clawitzer. Commence sweep!

I think that this might be come the standard set for clawitzer, with or without trick-room. U-turning partners could be Dugtrio or Gengar(M) to trap specific theats/wall that clawitzer can't deal with. Or any frail sweeper that can do with a free switch-in that could deal with toxicroak would be an intresting parter. The item depends on what it can tank, i think leftovers could be the better option as you want to be able to take hits on both stats. Would there be any pokemon clawitzer needs to outspeed?
That's true, but the question I have is whether Leftovers > Assault Vest + particular value of Defense EV's that I don't quite know yet

As for what Clawitzer needs to outspeed, I haven't a clue.

I've been reading through the forum and am disappointed by his stats. A claw double kingler's and half the attack?
It's not the size mate it's how you use it..Kingler's one titan claw is like a Sledgehammer and Clawitzer's a Cannon. So I shouldn't have to tell you who'd win ;)

Anyways on the subject of the three shellfish you have to realize they all play in different way and have different stats. In comparison between Crawduant and Clawitzer for example, our 6th gen Jumboshrimp has better stats in all but Attack. However, Crawduant get DragonDance which trumps it over Clawitzer despite them having similar abilities through the boosts given (Megalauncher vs Adaptability). Kingler, while faster and more physically bulky and stronger, has a shallow movepool and abilities that cannot fully give it more use in competative battling. Between the three I will probably use the hell out of Claw in low tier 6th gen. I liked Craw in 5th but even the RU Fighting types hit too hard but maybe with a good fairy type I can find a way to bring this lobster back. Kingler.....you can a nice claw but you'll never move from where you are.

It's not the size mate it's how you use it..Kingler's one titan claw is like a Sledgehammer and Clawitzer's a Cannon. So I shouldn't have to tell you who'd win ;)

Anyways on the subject of the three shellfish you have to realize they all play in different way and have different stats. In comparison between Crawduant and Clawitzer for example, our 6th gen Jumboshrimp has better stats in all but Attack. However, Crawduant get DragonDance which trumps it over Clawitzer despite them having similar abilities through the boosts given (Megalauncher vs Adaptability). Kingler, while faster and more physically bulky and stronger, has a shallow movepool and abilities that cannot fully give it more use in competative battling. Between the three I will probably use the hell out of Claw in low tier 6th gen. I liked Craw in 5th but even the RU Fighting types hit too hard but maybe with a good fairy type I can find a way to bring this lobster back. Kingler.....you can a nice claw but you'll never move from where you are.
I know I was just kidding.
Clawitzer is the only special crab here, so they aren't too comparable tier wise. They could all end up in the same or be spread far apart. Clawitzer seems more viable than the others because it has better defensive typing than crawdaunt, and has a larger movepool than kingler. Again though, they're very different and not too comparable.

I know I was just kidding.
Clawitzer is the only special crab here, so they aren't too comparable tier wise. They could all end up in the same or be spread far apart. Clawitzer seems more viable than the others because it has better defensive typing than crawdaunt, and has a larger movepool than kingler. Again though, they're very different and not too comparable.
Lol when you done comparing pokemon that are not comparable I will say Clawitzer and Crawduant will be/remain RU because of their sets and Kingler stay NU

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)