Cofagrius@ Chesto Berry
Bold
216 HP/126 Def/48 Sp.Atk/126 Sp.Def/6 Spe
~Calm Mind
~Hex (Evil Eye)
~Wil-o-wisp/HP Fighting
~Rest

I have been using this set a lot, suffers from phazers. A. LOT

What would happen if, say, Cofagrius managed to Will-O-Wisp a Starmie/Celebi/other natural cure users (not the best example but this is a hypothetical situation anyway) whilst they have Mummy on and they switched out? Would they be healed of their status ailment? Scenario;
-Celebi uses [physical move], Cofa switches in on it and Celebi gets Mummy
-Celebi stays in for some reason attempting to KO and Cofa uses WoW
-Celebi switches out

When the above Celebi comes back, will he still be burned?

Sprocket

P(n) = 1 - (1 - P(1))^n
What would happen if, say, Cofagrius managed to Will-O-Wisp a Starmie/Celebi/other natural cure users (not the best example but this is a hypothetical situation anyway) whilst they have Mummy on and they switched out? Would they be healed of their status ailment? Scenario;
-Celebi uses [physical move], Cofa switches in on it and Celebi gets Mummy
-Celebi stays in for some reason attempting to KO and Cofa uses WoW
-Celebi switches out

When the above Celebi comes back, will he still be burned?
Seems likely to me that the Celebi and Starmie would still be burned. However once they have completed switching out they regain their original ability, so they could switch in and switch out later.

@bombkirby: I'm just saying people, stop complaining! It was made for kids for crying out loud -.-
For future reference, the big quote button on the bottom right of the person you want to reply to's post is how you quote. Not sure if you knew that. I always say it, just in case. Mostly because this is how I figured out how to quote years ago on another forum... some one told me.

A set I use:
Concagrigus
Curse
Poison
Protect
Shadow Ball

This thing can be really annoying, it curses and poisons you, while your partner taunts.
It then protects against your opponents attacks that would otherwise kill it, then it finishes off whatever's left with a shadow ball.

Do you guys think it'd be possible to get an entire Mummy team setup somehow? Not as a serious tournament team, mind you, but something that's at least pure "jank" and gimmick?

I'm thinking having Cofagrigus and Yamask sitting in reserves, having Blissey as a bait for contact attacks, and having Archeops and Slakoth ready in the wings. I'm not sure who the lead would be, but it should probably be a spiker of some kind, to punish people switching out on mummification.

Just out of curiousity, why is there a picture of ditto in the OP instead of cofragrigus??
That's because the admin of Pokebeach had to take down the original Cofagrigus image and had to replace it with Ditto because Nintendo had complaints about B/W information being revealed early, and the OP forgot to update when B/W were released.

I use this guy and the set I run is:

@Leftovers
Substitute
Will-O-Wisp
Shadow Ball
Calm Mind

Ideally I'd have a Bold nature, but I was lazy. :/ But set up a Substitute and use Will-O-Wisp, use a few Calm Minds and sweep. I was able to take down the Caitlin rematch with this set at about Lv 53.

I use this guy and the set I run is:

@Leftovers
Substitute
Will-O-Wisp
Shadow Ball
Calm Mind

Ideally I'd have a Bold nature, but I was lazy. :/ But set up a Substitute and use Will-O-Wisp, use a few Calm Minds and sweep. I was able to take down the Caitlin rematch with this set at about Lv 53.
Sweeping Caitlin or any other in-game opponent doesn't mean anything. For example, I remember that there was one gym leader (I think Blue in Pokemon Gold) where he had a pokemon that only had ground moves and you could catch a lv2 pidgey and beat it, even though it was lv50+. That doesn't make lv2 pidgey competitively viable.

Sweeping Caitlin or any other in-game opponent doesn't mean anything. For example, I remember that there was one gym leader (I think Blue in Pokemon Gold) where he had a pokemon that only had ground moves and you could catch a lv2 pidgey and beat it, even though it was lv50+. That doesn't make lv2 pidgey competitively viable.
FEAR ? i mean is this what you used ? lol.

I run him on my Trick Room team as a bulky sweeper that screws up ability deppendant pokemons. Im useing him over Dusknoir or Dusclops with evo stone, because he can also boost up with NP and sweep in its own right.

Cofagrigus
Mummy/Leftovers
Quiet
252 HP/4 Def/ 252 SpA; 0 Spe IV
Trick Room
Shadow Ball
Hidden Power Fighting
Nasty Plot

Its a monster after one or two NP's which you can get quite easy because nobody takes him as a serious threat. Shadow Ball and HP Fighting give him godlike coverage.

FEAR ? i mean is this what you used ? lol.

No, it should be obvious that a pokemon with only ground moves can't hurt a Pidgey.

This guy is a bitch to take down. I run a specially defensive set with Calm Mind and Will o Wisp, since WoW takes down the opponents defense so I can manage to take away Defense EV's.

A set I personally use

Cofagrigus @ Leftovers
Nature: Careful
Ability: Mummy
252 HP/6 Def/252 SpD

Will-o-Wisp
Shadow Ball
Power Split
Embargo

A very crippling set indeed

Taunt Heatran does troll that set back and forth though, but I haven't seen much Heatrans in the meta lately, much less to speak about Taunt.

EDIT: Fix that nature, it's Calm not Careful, unless you are trying to troll your own Shadow Balls.

Taunt Heatran does troll that set back and forth though, but I haven't seen much Heatrans in the meta lately, much less to speak about Taunt.

EDIT: Fix that nature, it's Calm not Careful, unless you are trying to troll your own Shadow Balls.
Thats the point of the set....... did you not see power split?

Thats the point of the set....... did you not see power split?
Yeah, but I'd rather have a more powerful Shadow Ball.

Power Split fyi averages your Attack with the target's Attack, and your Special Attack with the target's Special Attack. Regardless of what happens, I'd still want a more powerful Shadow Ball.

Well stop judging it with selfish standards :/

And running a horrible offense against your opponents sweeper offense makes Careful nature worth it.

Anytime a Jolly Weavile takes a Brick Break from Poliwrath.... You know its gud.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)