Complain about your stupid and probably insignificant problems

Status
Not open for further replies.
someone posted this on facebook (and probably instagram or something, linked accounts i guess):

#‎photography‬ ‪#‎photo‬ ‪#‎photos‬ ‪#‎pic‬ ‪#‎pics‬ ‪#‎TagsForLikes‬ ‪#‎picture‬ ‪#‎pictures‬‪#‎snapshot‬ ‪#‎art‬ ‪#‎beautiful‬ ‪#‎instagood‬ ‪#‎picoftheday‬ ‪#‎photooftheday‬ ‪#‎color‬‪#‎allshots_‬ ‪#‎exposure‬ ‪#‎composition‬ ‪#‎focus‬ ‪#‎capture‬ ‪#‎moment‬ ‪#‎vscocam‬ ‪#‎vscogrid‬‪#‎igmasters

it was a shitty photo too, a blurry picture of her brother. she did this once more and i unfriended her.

Molk

Godlike Usmash
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
There's no denying that i've done some really dumb things here during my time on smogon, between all the stuff i did on the smogon PO chat, RU metang 2012, general trolling on both PO and smogon, and just making myself look like a fool, etc, and even though a lot of people are congratulating me on becoming the RU tier leader/RU mods/tutor, i still feel like a good portion of the community still views me as an idiot/shitty user/shitty player etc. Of course nobody's outright told me this on the forums/sim/irc (at least not recently...), but because of my past actions and stuff i feel like if i slip up in any way even once, whether its being wrong about something, playing really terribly in a match, or acting immature i'll be seen as a failure, and i'll end up being hated just as much as, if not more than i was when i first joined the community. Idk, maybe i'm just really nervous over nothing, but the thought does make me feel really shitty at times :/).

Outside of smogon, irl hasn't been the best either. I've been suspended from my school for an unreasonable amount of time (its been just over a year and i'll still be suspended indefinitely when the summer's over >_>) because of something i didn't even do simply because the staff at my old school strongly disliked my family (they would outright insult my mom in front of me for no reason :/). Its quite annoying to be honest, especially because i'm being forced to go to interviews at all sorts of private schools that range from poor to outright terrifying (i had a large metal object thrown at my head during one of these for reference), basically, places i wouldn't want to go anywhere near even if i would end up killed if i didn't. The situation is really quite annoying and frustrating, and its pretty stressful to me and my family because the district only seems to suggest the most absolutely shitty schools to go to, and refuses to accept me trying out a school that my parents picked out :/.

I hate that people want a RSE remake. A game that, like the planet earth, is 70% water. And double battles.

I talked about this with my friends earlier. RSE were classified as the worst games up until about 8 months ago.

Yet for some reason I love Wingulls and trumpets. Contests were cool too. :)

Jorgen

World's Strongest Fairy
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
In addition to (and likely because of) the ridiculous amount of synth brass, I could picture myself riding a camel through the desert to at least a portion of any RSE battle theme. Seriously, them's my camel jams.

Also @Molk, I don't see you as bad user. Then again I admit I don't know too much about you other than the fact that you're pretty decked out in the badge department, so I presume you must be doing something positive to contribute to the community.

Woodchuck

actual cannibal
is a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
i miss tags from vbulletin :[

also molk i tease you but i actually think you're great!!! and you contribute a lot more than i or most other users do, so keep looking up :]

I talked about this with my friends earlier. RSE were classified as the worst games up until about 8 months ago.
is that just among your friends or the entire fandom? because i think emerald, along with HGSS, has been considered one of the best pokemon games for waaay longer than that.

I hate that people want a RSE remake. A game that, like the planet earth, is 70% water. And double battles.
aw, i think you're being unfair on the games. most of the surfing was restricted to a quick ride to mossdeep, and then the part around the 8th gym, and even then, it isn't outright boring. the dewford and post-pacifidlog routes aren't mandatory (but fun) to explore, either, and on the contrary, hoenn's land routes are just amazing (111, 113, 119).
do you hate wind waker as well?
Forgot something.
(image)
Toot toot, motherfucker.
i never really noticed anything bad about the RSE trumpets; if anything, the HGSS ones are much more annoying.

sorry about being "that fanboy", but i just had to vent a bit. :L

Arcticblast

Trans rights are human rights
is a Forum Moderatoris a Tiering Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
Don't complain about RSE's water routes until you've tried to use a Camerupt ingame.

(Don't complain about them anyway, the surfing music is actually really nice and they aren't THAT boring...)

yeah i like rse, the water wasnt that obnoxious, and really was only like 10-20% of the game. earlly game rse was the shit and the frontier was the best postgame out there

vonFiedler

I Like Chopin
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
is that just among your friends or the entire fandom? because i think emerald, along with HGSS, has been considered one of the best pokemon games for waaay longer than that.
I don't know who considers RSE the best pokemon game outside of the large amount of people on this website who played that generation first, but it's complete garbage. Not only are you guys understating the amount of water, but seriously comparing it to Windwaker? Windwaker has huge issues, but shit pokemon don't constantly attack you in that game at least. Water in Pokemon is like combining tall grass and fishing. You already have your water type by the time you hit the ocean, I don't want to battle 100 fucking Pelippers.

Double battles are complete ass. I don't want to fight in double battles. Game Freak was way too god damned proud of themselves for implementing this POS system. Now maybe I'm never going to participate in one of their world championships, but have you stopped and counted the amount of double battles in RSE? It's incredibly fucking obnoxious. Thank god I could come up with creative ways to battle them 1-on-1, some of the times anyway.

It seems silly to talk about how stupid an antagonist in a Pokemon game can be but god dammit that's how fucking stupid team aqua and magma are. Captain Planet villains would shake their heads at this bullshit. But then the villains somehow manage to top Team Rocket in having awful fucking Pokemon too. Oh, they kept Zubat though. That was integral. I only played Emerald, but having to deal with both of their bullshit really seemed worse than having to fight just one group.

We don't all agree how fucking bad the Pokemon designs were in RSE. Certainly it seems trivial when now Pokemon like Scrafty and Garbodor exist. But guys, I tried. I really fucking tried to assemble a team of RSE Pokemon that I felt were cool. Unfortunately, the in-game movepools of Pokemon in RSE are dismal. Not a single Pokemon was useful outside of TMs, and some weren't even useful then. The one that distinctly comes to mind is Absol. Who wouldn't want to use Absol? Want to use quick attack until level 36? No? Oh you wanted to use Dark type attack? Well tough tits, there is no physical-special split yet.

THERE'S NO PHYSICAL FUCKING SPECIAL SPLIT. The two most obvious problems with RBY were the single special stat and the lack of a physical special split, at least from an in-game perspective these were glaringly obvious even when I was little vonFiedler Jr. So now you have a sequel that purports to change everything you know about Pokemon at the cost of not being compatible with old games. Now just take a step back. Divorce yourself from all you know about competitive Pokemon, the ease of simulators, all you've learned about breeding, etc. What did things like Natures and EVs really fucking add that couldn't have been better accomplished in a different way? Did Pokemon really need this level of min-maxing? And if it did, why couldn't you just choose stat investment at level-up like any other reasonable rpg? We all like abilities, sure, but if that's what you took away from RSE, why aren't you just playing FRLG? That game has none of the above problems.

Finally it's truly subjective but the music sucks ass. I didn't even notice the horns, it's just all bland as hell.

^ FRLG are personally my favourite games of the series, though I still think you're being kinda unfair in some respects.

You can't honestly blame RSE for lacking a physical/special split when that had existed before then, even in Gen II, which fixed a lot of the crap with Gen I's system, lacked such a split - and Absol is hardly the only Pokemon that didn't like this fact. Gengar? Sneasel? To a lesser extent, Feraligatr? They also probably didn't want people taking a huge hit to absolutely everything they knew about battling. I highly agree that IVs are dumb, but they were always there, and EVs were, too. They were just in different forms. Natures... Eh. Could deal without them, but they do add a certain brand of uniqueness and competitiveness to a Pokemon.

Also, what's so bad about double battles? I never noticed the difference. Same thing but with two Pokemon. Aside from that it's practically the same, nothing like not being able to hit Pokemon in a certain position [Triple Battles] or some weird turntable system [Rotation Battles] or potentially losing a key Pokemon [Mix Battles].

Personally I think RSE had the best designs overall [slightly over the first generation] but that's just my personal opinion.

I do concur with Magma and Aqua having stupid motivations, though. They tried to sell it and they only mildly succeeded. I mean, expanding the landmass/ocean? How would that really benefit you in any way, enough to steal multi-million dollar submarines, harass an entire region and kidnap scientists? Baffling and a case of trying too hard.

I agree that the surfing portion from Mo[A]ssdeep to the final gym sucks. Repels can definitely be used, but you shouldn't really have to tbh. I don't like surfing portions in any Pokemon game... Though, at least the water looks kinda nice in RSE...?

I don't know who considers RSE the best pokemon game outside of the large amount of people on this website who played that generation first, but it's complete garbage. Not only are you guys understating the amount of water, but seriously comparing it to Windwaker? Windwaker has huge issues, but shit pokemon don't constantly attack you in that game at least. Water in Pokemon is like combining tall grass and fishing. You already have your water type by the time you hit the ocean, I don't want to battle 100 fucking Pelippers.
From a layout perspective, then yeah, the game is maybe 70% water, but from a gameplay perspective? Not at all. The first 6 badges have no water parts aside from the boat ride to Dewford (really) and a 5-second surf (15 seconds with Pokemon encounter) to get to Fortree. Even the 7th gym just requires surfing to Mt. Pyre and later across route 124 to Mossdeep (which probably is shorter than the one to Cianwood). The surfplus compared to other Pokemon games mainly stems from the 8th gym, and I totally can see why you'd find it annoying - but it's what, a tenth of the game? A surf from Mossdeep to Pacifidlog takes about 10 mins, Mossdeep to Sootopolis 5 mins, maybe, and that's stretching it. Combined with the remaining mandatory surfing shenanigans, that's 25 mins of the whole game max, if you're being really sluggish. Really not a lot. Also, you probably want to use repels for every high-encounter-rate area in Pokemon ever (Rock Tunnel, Mt. Coronet, Victory Road).
I hated carrying around HM slaves for everything, though. Dive, Rock Smash and later Waterfall are really useless moves. That plus the fucking rocks on route 111 that always come back was ridiculously annoying.

And I brought up Wind Waker because the water parts there detracted a lot more from the game than the water routes did in Emerald, personally. And the sharks and octopi unnerved me more than any Tentacool ever will.
Double battles are complete ass. I don't want to fight in double battles. Game Freak was way too god damned proud of themselves for implementing this POS system. Now maybe I'm never going to participate in one of their world championships, but have you stopped and counted the amount of double battles in RSE? It's incredibly fucking obnoxious. Thank god I could come up with creative ways to battle them 1-on-1, some of the times anyway.
There's reeeaaally not a lot of double battles compared to singles. There's about 16 double battle pairs in the whole game, plus maybe a few more separate trainers you can only fight as doubles, so about ...20? Of hundreds of trainer battles in the game? And you can probably count the mandatory ones on one hand.
I must say that I actually quite enjoy them, though, but hey, opinions.
THERE'S NO PHYSICAL FUCKING SPECIAL SPLIT. The two most obvious problems with RBY were the single special stat and the lack of a physical special split, at least from an in-game perspective these were glaringly obvious even when I was little vonFiedler Jr. So now you have a sequel that purports to change everything you know about Pokemon at the cost of not being compatible with old games. Now just take a step back. Divorce yourself from all you know about competitive Pokemon, the ease of simulators, all you've learned about breeding, etc. What did things like Natures and EVs really fucking add that couldn't have been better accomplished in a different way? Did Pokemon really need this level of min-maxing? And if it did, why couldn't you just choose stat investment at level-up like any other reasonable rpg?
yeah, the p/s split was amazing, but I wouldn't hold it against RSE. The movepools really fucking suck, though. EVs/natures not spectacular, but I won't condemn the games for not delivering a firework of innovation. It's just a simple mechanical revamp.
We all like abilities, sure, but if that's what you took away from RSE, why aren't you just playing FRLG? That game has none of the above problems.
But it has a much worse region, with the only fun parts being Vermillion, Silph Co./Saffron, Fuchsia, Sevii and maaaybe the east routes. I don't dislike the games, but I have a lot more fun with Emerald than these. At least they had a better rival, the RSE rivals suck.
Also, why do you bring up global gen 3 flaws, and then say "play FRLG"?

Evil teams, Pokemon designs and music are subjective, so I'll refrain from commenting on that.

why mad at RSE, ingame was better than DPPT and BW by far
hey, Platinum was actually really good. I haven't played BW (1 or 2), though, and am not really interested either (linear region looks boring, though).

vonFiedler

I Like Chopin
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
Also, why do you bring up global gen 3 flaws, and then say "play FRLG"?
Having caught and trained all original 150 Pokemon in FRLG, I don't think the in-game movepools sucked. I don't think the Pokemon are even nearly as affected by the lack of a PS split. Gengar comes to mind, however Gengar was awesome even when there wasn't a working ghost type move at all.

Cresselia~~

Junichi Masuda likes this!!
Can't sleep, browsed through Smogon till 5am
only because I have an essay to hand in today. (hard copy required)

A couple of weeks ago I was on a night out. Got black out drunk and don't remember leaving the bar. Ended up walking to a 24 hour petrol station, two guys attacked me and then we were arrested for fighting. In the mean time I was beaten up pretty bad and had my ankle stamped on (it's broke) and in the midst of some of the nicest weather the country has had for years I was bed ridden and still won't be able to weight bear for 4 more weeks.

Meant I couldn't work the summer job I'd got and I can't go on a holiday I'd booked with some friends.

RSE remakes are however the straw that broke the camel's back though. I mean the fact that some people had to surf for meager amounts of time in the grand scheme of a game, on probably the nicest routes/water/surf pokemon is just gutting. #istherenogod #relevant #justsmogonstuff

Bummer

Jamming to the beat
is a Top Artist Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
While preparing a meal yesterday, I noticed something white on my mushrooms, and assumed it was ice since things can sometimes gets frosty in my fridge. Except it was mold. So basically, fungi was growing on my fungi. I guess there's an inception joke that could have been made there, but I was too busy vigorously washing my hands and thinking of what to substitute the shrooms with (meatsauce turned out just fine). The twist is that I bought those shrooms the same day, so this has probably scarred me enough to make me check for mold whenever I purchase that stuff again. Pity I didn't save the receipt.

Theorymon

Long Live Super Mario Maker! 2015-2024
is a Site Content Manageris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Oh this happened about a week ago. I was at Cass Park (a Swimming Pool area in Ithaca), and I had to use the bathroom. Everything was normal, but then, the bathroom stall FUCKING BROKE. As in, I was locked in the stall. I tried everything, but the door wouldn't budge, so I had to crawl under the stall, and people were watching me. All I could say was "that stall is broken, don't use it!". It's a good thing people laughed with me, and that the bathroom was clean! Still though, for now on, I'm going to check to see if a stall door will open before I use one!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)