Complain about your stupid and probably insignificant problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

TGMD

ƧÏÐÈ¥¯ÏĈ¼Á°¿±³´µ¶·¸¹º»ŤûŠť²ØéŋŌ
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
My room is one floor above the kitchen and when I go down stairs to get some food I always forget something and I don't realize until I'm back in my room, so I have to go back down then up again. It's good exercise to work off the food, but fuck both walking and moving in general imo.

So I ran all the way through Pokemon Stadium 1's Gym Leader Castle today. If you asked me my team's biggest weakness, I'd say "confusion". Literally every time one of my mons gets confused, it's completely immobile until it snaps out of confusion.
Sure, I can switch out, but if I'm outsped or miss an attack, the CPU will just use Confuse Ray again. Before long this ends up into me shuffling my team around and having everything take unnecessary damage. I have to eventually keep one thing in to do the job, but once it gets confused (again) it literally can't friggin move.

I just received a disput on PayPal because apparently they didn't receive their item yet.

Fuck you. I sent it to the address provided with the correct stampage.

I'll still probably lose. Fuck you

I realized in college last semester that people only wanted to hang out with me whenever I had weed or alcohol, or if I wanted to buy weed from them or sell pills to them. If not, then suddenly they were too busy to hang out (and you just KNOW that if you said that you had an eighth of weed or a fifth of whatever liquor that they'd drop everything).

How do I get friends who like me for me, rather than what substances I can bring to the table? I don't want it to be a repeat of last semester, where my "best friend" turned out to be a complete scumbag who was emotionally manipulating me for money and drugs and managed to manipulate me into doing morally reprehensible things like shoplifting alcohol that I'll never again repeat in my life because I'm so ashamed of doing it.

AccidentalGreed

Sweet and bitter as chocolate.
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
I realized in college last semester that people only wanted to hang out with me whenever I had weed or alcohol, or if I wanted to buy weed from them or sell pills to them. If not, then suddenly they were too busy to hang out (and you just KNOW that if you said that you had an eighth of weed or a fifth of whatever liquor that they'd drop everything).

How do I get friends who like me for me, rather than what substances I can bring to the table? I don't want it to be a repeat of last semester, where my "best friend" turned out to be a complete scumbag who was emotionally manipulating me for money and drugs and managed to manipulate me into doing morally reprehensible things like shoplifting alcohol that I'll never again repeat in my life because I'm so ashamed of doing it.
You're human, so there's no number one or default solution to the problem you're having at the moment. The bigger question is how did you ever come to a position where you were easily manipulated and could access all of those things you mentioned. For now, just discard everything (if possible, because it's easier said than done if you actually took them) you had which involved the whole drug and alcohol scene, and try starting anew with a blank slate with people who actually share your interests or get along with you easily. With a positive attitude and atmosphere, it should be fairly easy to get some true friends.

(and if you really wa- eh never mind, I was about to say a really stupid idea so don't tempt me)

---
LilOuOn said:
I need a 3DS to play X & Y but I don't want to buy one

Ah, the classic conundrum of trying to find friends among the populace of todays vapid shallow youth. You do know that about 80% of your fellow students are handed things by mommy and daddy at an early age and in having everything afforded to them at a young age they learn to manipulate anyone not versed in such tactics.

It seems to me that you're looking for friends in all the wrong places. Try going and hanging out at places where your interests are strong (I.e. Comicon, Card Shops or wherever you hang out.) Also try and reconnect with some old friends in the area from high school that you liked kicking it with. You don't have to stop smoking and drinking, just make that a background activity and not what you are known for in friends. Also grow a pair of nuts my dude, if a friend of mine tried to get me to do a liquor run against my better judgment I'll whomp that dude. You're the master and commander of your life... master and command it bud.

Ah, the classic conundrum of trying to find friends among the populace of todays vapid shallow youth. You do know that about 80% of your fellow students are handed things by mommy and daddy at an early age and in having everything afforded to them at a young age they learn to manipulate anyone not versed in such tactics.
you mean 80% of the population are good at manipulating other people? that sounds very overblown

So today I started a summer-long internship with a group of medical students studying white blood cells. Because blood is more valuable than gold and a consistent amount of different samples is needed, lab members alternate giving blood samples to study each day.

I have low blood pressure and faint instantly after giving any blood sample that isn't a finger prick.
Is it even legal for an employer to FORCE an employee to give blood? Somehow, I don't think so :/

a fairy

is a Tournament Directoris a Site Content Manageris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Social Media Contributor Alumnus
Community Leader
The employers withhold your wages? Or do you just not have wages, and it's 'Good boy!' money?

please note i do not know how internship/studying internships work.

is giving blood always something paid in [i'm assuming] the states? here it's entirely volunteer though they're really nice to you and give you free soup/cookies/juice etc.

is giving blood always something paid in [i'm assuming] the states? here it's entirely volunteer though they're really nice to you and give you free soup/cookies/juice etc.
No, it's normally entirely volunteer, this is a special circumstance because the lab needs a lot of blood and it's cheaper to get it from student interns than a blood bank, and I think blood banks have really limited supplies anyways.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)