[COMPLETED] Crobat

This is probably something slightly insignificant, but since crobat is a poison type shouldn't it be holding black sludge over leftovers?
Only if you play VGC-singles with Item Clause on. Overall though, Leftovers is safer, as trick pokemon can't get black sludge and pass it around to another one of Crobat's teammates who aren't immune to poison.

Actually, Black Sludge is almost always going to be the superior option. This has been debated before and everyone should use it on any Poison-type rather than Leftovers.

Here is why.

Dumb question, but how can you get Infiltrator and Brave Bird on the same set? I was under the impression that you can only pass down HA's through breeding a male with the hidden ability with a ditto, and the resulting baby can have the HA as well.

Mmm.. for the speed EVs, wouldn't 200 Speed EVs with Jolly be enough for Crobat? It's just enough to out-speed base 123 (Noivern) with a full 252 Speed EV investment with a positive nature. You'd lose on the 130 Speed tie and the base 126~129, only notable Pokemon you'd lose on is Weavile (who has Priority anyway, and I doubt there will be much usage for Weavile), Jolteon (speed tie, wouldn't want to stay in on this), Mega-Gengar (speed tie)..

A spread of 252 Att, 200 Speed and 56 HP Jolly is what I'd probably recommend

Maximizing speed allows you to outpace anything that uses a Choice Scarf up to and including 262 speed, or the 70 max speed+ group. However, a speed stat of 380 would leave you vulnerable to anything at or over 254 speed, again utilizing a choice scarf. Scarf Magneton comes to mind as something you'd want to outspeed so you could U-turn away, but couldn't if you were at less than max speed.

Maximizing speed allows you to outpace anything that uses a Choice Scarf up to and including 262 speed, or the 70 max speed+ group. However, a speed stat of 380 would leave you vulnerable to anything at or over 254 speed, again utilizing a choice scarf. Scarf Magneton comes to mind as something you'd want to outspeed so you could U-turn away, but couldn't if you were at less than max speed.
Mmmm.. alright, didn't really think about Scarfed Pokemon.. but I personally have never seen a Magneton ever used before, so I kinda feel that one's a bit of a stretch in OU play, however, one that really stands out to me is Politoed.. that might be worth mention :P

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)