Confirmed rules for the Gamestop tournament

If this is Single. level 50, there won't be that many Legendaries, right?

Mewtwo is banned, because it's caught at level 70
Mew is legit if you got it at the Nintendo event, or Trade otherwise it's not legal. (I bet they'll ban Mew)
Celebi, again same as Mew, Nintendo event, or it's Illegal or trade
Ho-Oh and Lugia are legal right? cuz you catch them in Collesum and XD?, or there levels too high?
Latios, Latias, Kyogre, Groundon are all legit when they are first caught, but I doubt a ton of people have them at level 50.
Same with the legendaries in Diamond and Pearl. little kids that don't know about training correctly or have them at level 50 won't do it. Plus there will probably be a bunch of whining parents, if there kid can't enter a level 51 or 52 Pokemon in a level 50 tourney.

I really hope they ban Legendaries, cuz I think it's too confusing on what is legit and what isn't legit

Plus if they don't have set rules, and every gamestop does there own thing. People will be traveling around to different game stops to try and win the grand prize with there Ev trained pokemon.
If it's level 50, stuff like Mewtwo will automatically be deleveled to 50.

i went to my gamestop yesterday and the employees said they havent got the rules set up. they just said to comeby next week. the day i find out the rules is the day of the event...how gay.=!

the one by me has no sleep clause, level 100(or a small chance of level 50) and even if two people show up they're still having the tourney

I have the Dex data for Shaymin, Darkrai, and Arceus, but I used them for educational purposes. I showed my friends how to do it. I hope I can still play. Also, know that the 5 year old who uses Deoxys' attack form with a crappy moveset, terrible IVs, and a Careful nature, anyone here would be able to beat them. What I'm saying is non-uber properly trained Pokemon > uber Pokemon that are poorly trained.

What I'm saying is non-uber properly trained Pokemon > uber Pokemon that are poorly trained.
I completely agree and I think if people didn't know this before (which they did) then random battles on pbr has taught the non-believers. Togekiss can take out just about any uber (poorly trained) that I have seen used on PBR.

Yeah, you never know if your Gamestop is running a rigged, retarded tourney like mine.

Dumbest rules EVER:

All Legendaries allowed.
Level 65 cap.
You have to be the original trainer of your Pokemon.

Here's their reasoning when I asked them:

They think there'll be more cheated Pokemon if they're traded. Things like Birth Island Deoxys and whatnot is what I'm guessing they're afraid of.

They think cheaters don't level their Pokemon to 65, only 100, therefore having a weird-ass level 65 cap decreases the number of cheaters. Edit: So, the only way to make this work on PBR, just tested it, is to make a custom rule that only allows Pokemon between a specified level range and also a specified cumulative total for their levels (like on some of the DS-to-DS rules in D/P). So if you don't have a team of Pokemon at exactly 65 for this one Gamestop's tourney, you're screwed. It doesn't level up/level down Pokemon over the specified level when using this rule, only 50 All does that.

If they're so worried about cheated legendaries, then why the fuck don't they just put a blanket ban on all legendaries instead of this ridiculous bullshit? My guess is that they want to use them themselves but are trying to find some way to make it work conveniently for themselves. I feel like hacking a bunch of Pokemon to 65 now to spite them since I can't use my legitimate level 50s and 100s, half of which were bred in Emerald, since none of them are at the ridiculous 65 cap.

It's a Pokemon tournament run by noobs that work at Gamestop who play Pokemon casually. So, if you're following, this means it's an uber tournament where you have to have obtained all your Pokemon on Diamond or Pearl and they can't be over 65, thus, no Giratina, Heatran, Regigigas, or Dialga/Palkia (depending on which version you have as one would have to have been traded), and no legendaries from older versions of the game (as they would also have been traded).

So, I have to call these people and try to talk some sense into them. Or, threaten to call Gamestop management and complain that the store is prohibiting people from playing and manipulating the rules to benefit Gamestop employees.

Update:
Apparently what's happened is, the guy that was put in charge actually isn't familiar with the game and has been fed suggestions by people that somehow led to these rules. Fortunately he's open to having someone familiar with tournament rules coming in and helping him adjust the rules. So yes, definitely check your Gamestop's rules before you go, and if they seem unfamiliar with it perhaps offer to help out or offer up some fair rules if they don't have any in place.

Those rules are pretty retarded. At least you HAVE rules though, I called my GameStop again today. They're having the tournement, but they STILL can't even tell me if it's going to be singles or doubles, or 4v4/6v6.

Those rules are pretty retarded. At least you HAVE rules though, I called my GameStop again today. They're having the tournement, but they STILL can't even tell me if it's going to be singles or doubles, or 4v4/6v6.
Tell me about it; I've asked different days and each day the rules have changed and now they are undecided.

Jibaku

Who let marco in here????
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Two-Time Past SPL Champion
Yeah, you never know if your Gamestop is running a rigged, retarded tourney like mine.

Dumbest rules EVER:

All Legendaries allowed.
Level 65 cap.
You have to be the original trainer of your Pokemon.

Here's their reasoning when I asked them:

They think there'll be more cheated Pokemon if they're traded. Things like Birth Island Deoxys and whatnot is what I'm guessing they're afraid of.

They think cheaters don't level their Pokemon to 65, only 100, therefore having a weird-ass level 65 cap decreases the number of cheaters. Edit: So, the only way to make this work on PBR, just tested it, is to make a custom rule that only allows Pokemon between a specified level range and also a specified cumulative total for their levels (like on some of the DS-to-DS rules in D/P). So if you don't have a team of Pokemon at exactly 65 for this one Gamestop's tourney, you're screwed. It doesn't level up/level down Pokemon over the specified level when using this rule, only 50 All does that.

If they're so worried about cheated legendaries, then why the fuck don't they just put a blanket ban on all legendaries instead of this ridiculous bullshit? My guess is that they want to use them themselves but are trying to find some way to make it work conveniently for themselves. I feel like hacking a bunch of Pokemon to 65 now to spite them since I can't use my legitimate level 50s and 100s, half of which were bred in Emerald, since none of them are at the ridiculous 65 cap.

It's a Pokemon tournament run by noobs that work at Gamestop who play Pokemon casually. So, if you're following, this means it's an uber tournament where you have to have obtained all your Pokemon on Diamond or Pearl and they can't be over 65, thus, no Giratina, Heatran, Regigigas, or Dialga/Palkia (depending on which version you have as one would have to have been traded), and no legendaries from older versions of the game (as they would also have been traded).

So, I have to call these people and try to talk some sense into them. Or, threaten to call Gamestop management and complain that the store is prohibiting people from playing and manipulating the rules to benefit Gamestop employees.
I feel grateful that mine does not have such terrible rules

The only thing I'm wondering is if they care about pokedex entries. Because in my little search for everything on the GTS some retards thought it would be funny to hack the look of a pokemon, but have the data of other things, such as Darkrai, Shaymin, and Arceus. Now I'm not sure if I am screwed because I have those pieces of data. My gamestop doesn't have horrid rules, but they're nothing specific.

Just explain to them that you don't actually have the pokemon, and you're not going to use them. They should understand. Just having the dex data for the pokemon is a dumb reason to ban them.

Surgo

goes to eleven
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Seems like I have a choice of either single ubers (no sleep clause) or double ubers, depending on where I go.

That and the fact that I realeased those things as soon as I got them, but I think they'll be very suspicious sinse I have every dex entry due to mass amounts of trading.

I just called my local gamestop (Village at Waugh Chapel, MD) and while the employee did not know if it was going to be 2v2 or 1v1, he did say if you had more than 2 shinies that you would be disqualified.

I just called my local gamestop (Village at Waugh Chapel, MD) and while the employee did not know if it was going to be 2v2 or 1v1, he did say if you had more than 2 shinies that you would be disqualified.
Did he specify if that was on your team, or in your PC?

I honestly think two shinies is way too low a cap. In the past 3 months I've found about 5. I think it'd be blatantly obvious if you had a huge amount of shinies in your PC that you might have hacked them. But really, I think it should be a ratio of how many shinies to how many pokemon you have total, not a set number. And even then, maybe the player has just spent a huge amount of time chaining. Overall, I think that would be a terrible rule with little thought behind it.

Thankfully, I have so many fucking Pokemon in my boxes there's no reasonable person who'd be willing to look through all my (legit) shit. There's supposedly a fuckton of people going to the Commonwealth Centre location in VA, so they basically told me...

Don't use more than one shiny pokemon in battle.
Don't hack.
No trash talking.
No #491-493.
Lv.50
Single battles (1vs1)

Past that, no one knows. Gotta call them again today... the day before the tournament.

Guy at mine said that he doesn't care what pokemon you have in your box. All he's gonan screen is teh pokemon you use for battle. PBR screens most hacks and illegal legends anyway.

Guy at mine said that he doesn't care what pokemon you have in your box. All he's gonan screen is teh pokemon you use for battle. PBR screens most hacks and illegal legends anyway.
If I remember correctly, it doesn't check for illegal movesets and abilities, though.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)