Cookie Clicker

decided to prestige, mainly because i wasn't going anywhere until i got a 99T upgrade and didnt want to wait. got a 50% bonus so not a bad trade imo, plus i get to relive it all again :')

Pikachuun

the entire waruda machine
A small update just went live.

-Prestige system added. Now when you soft reset, you get a permanent cps boost depending on your "Cookies baked (all time)" stat that stacks over multiple resets.
-Save format has been modified to be shorter. No word on whether old saves still work.
-77 golden cookie achievement has been renamed and a new 777 golden cookie shadow achievement added.
-Clicking Frenzy (the golden cookie effect that makes only your clicking amount boosted for 13 seconds) has been increased to 777x.
-This isn't listed, but I think the Lucky! effect may have been nerfed? I was getting a little over 1.2 trillion on Lucky! before, and am now only getting around 830 billion. About a 1/3 drop...
I screwed around with the game and found out that True Neverclick has returned. There's also a new achievement, Black Cat's Paw, which requires 7777 Golden Cookie Clicks (Don't worry, it's a shadow achievement)! In addition, another new shadow achievement, Nihilism, which requires you to reset with 1 quadrillion cookies. So, yeah, fun.

got neverclick. imo neverclick and the resetting achievements should be returned to regular achievements, as most people can get them easily (well maybe not 1Q), once they prestige.

Just discovered something interesting. Because of the Get Lucky upgrade (makes golden cookie effects last twice as long), it's really easy for another golden cookie to spawn before the Frenzy effect ends (assuming you have the upgrades that reduce their spawn times, which you should as they're way cheaper), and if it's a Lucky! cookie it'll get boosted by 7x as well. So my normally 830k Lucky! becomes 5.8 trillion. It's worth paying attention to the game even more now.

breh

強いだね
Just discovered something interesting. Because of the Get Lucky upgrade (makes golden cookie effects last twice as long), it's really easy for another golden cookie to spawn before the Frenzy effect ends (assuming you have the upgrades that reduce their spawn times, which you should as they're way cheaper), and if it's a Lucky! cookie it'll get boosted by 7x as well. So my normally 830k Lucky! becomes 5.8 trillion. It's worth paying attention to the game even more now.
Wow, I knew Frenzy and Clicking Frenzy stacked but I never noticed that Frenzy and Lucky did. I was wondering why I was getting to 99T so relatively fast, lol

To be honest I'm considering resetting as well once I buy two more cursors now Prestige has been added. The game presently has severe pacing issues at about the point golden cookies outscale red cookies. (The 99t cookie additions help, but getting to 99t is really painful.) I don't know if I can bring myself to do it, though, when I'm at half a quadrillion cookies baked. qq I have 9 time machines left as well for the achievement, which is gonna take f-o-r-e-v-e-r, but resetting is gonna make that WORSE...

at about the point golden cookies outscale red cookies.
Can you explain what you mean by this? Afaik the red cookies (which I've just been calling clots since that was the only effect I got from them for a couple days...) have the same effects as golden cookies as well as Clot and Ruin, and Elder Frenzy (which seems to be the rarest effect in the game and not worth all the Clots and Ruins you'll likely get before a single EF).

They also have a considerably higher chance to start the cookie chain, which is really useful. However I realised I was technically wrong (which is also explained in the comments), if you get Get Lucky before the point they outscale then golden cookies are better because of the possibility of Frenzy + Lucky overlaps and so on. But it's really expensive, I don't know if I would buy it before that point.

http://en.reddit.com/r/CookieClicker/comments/1lrj8t/math_triggering_grandmapocalypse_is_good_red/ explains it, the difference is actually small but red cookies are a-ok. IMO its only really relevant for the fact that Grandmapocalypse increases your CpS and the fact that red cookies aren't actually that harmful makes it an unambiguously good thing (except aesthetically) to trigger until a certain point, but more relevantly I wasn't so much specifically citing the outscaling so much as using it as as a rough guideline for the point where the game stops getting exciting.

prestige is actually really fresh for the game, as it significantly speeds up the beginning, but you still get the new feeling of starting over. i made 36M CPS in 10 hours without even trying to optimize with +50% cps. im thinking about getting +150% and then going for 100 TM achievement

I really don't know whether to reset or just go for Get Lucky (now the price of 1.5 time machines) and farm golden cookies

fml

breh

強いだね
holy shit, you haven't gotten get lucky yet?

get lucky is amazing; it makes getting the 99 T cookies a loooot easier for the reason that magicmaster described above. Because the x7 boost to CpS lasts for such a stupidly long period, a lot of the other golden cookie effects can interact with it. I think I've gotten maybe 2 of the 99 T cookies in about 2 hours and my CpS is about a billion atm.

On the note of the 99 T cookies, I feel like it's actually feasible to obtain them in a reasonable amount of time for some reason. They seem to be getting easier and easier to get. Getting all of the time machines is not a crazy thought right now (granted, a sliiiightly tedious one, but w/e I guess)

Nah I know why it's amazing, I just didn't get it because I was attempting to rush one of the final achievements I needed. I kinda regret my approach though because the time taken to get there would've been drastically decreased by taking the detour for Get Lucky (which would've taken quite some time to wait for though, or a lot of golden cookies), and now I'm at a point where I don't know if it's worth saving up that many cookies when I can just reset. I feel like I'm getting fewer golden cookies the last few days despite being at my laptop (which I play cookie clicker on), whereas when I was spending more time on my desktop playing other games and periodically checking back for golden cookies the time spent waiting for golden cookies was more minimal. All in my head obviously but it's very frustrating.

Timbuktu

get bukt
is a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
i still find such an achievement as prestige mode to let me reset and get back to where i was and more within a day pretty out there.

Too OP

6 million? That's gonna take forever to get enough for Get Lucky, which is 77+ trillion. If you meant 600 million, then yeah definitely go for it. It should only take a few hours if you're paying attention and get most of the gold cookies.

I can't pay attention enough to get the cookies consistently the last few days; I keep too many tabs open. Even when I make a new window for cookie clicker I end up opening more tabs in it. ;_;

@Leonardo DiCaprio: Seriously? How OP is it? I haven't refreshed for the update yet. Where were you that you could get back to where you were in a day?

GatoDelFuego

The Antimonymph of the Internet
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
I've tried this twice now and still haven't seen any reason to keep going. I got a couple grandmas and I just realized I wasn't going anywhere.

You people's devotion to this thing scares me also. When does the game end????

Timbuktu

get bukt
is a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
@jumpluff: I was past the grandmatriarchs, right before i got the last two 99 billion +15% cookie upgrades before i reset. I had something like 200 or 300 million CpS and now i have well over 18 billion CpS

Too OP

6 million? That's gonna take forever to get enough for Get Lucky, which is 77+ trillion. If you meant 600 million, then yeah definitely go for it. It should only take a few hours if you're paying attention and get most of the gold cookies.
oops yeah 600

So basically the best strategy for prestiging is to sell all your buildings and re buy them until you are bankrupt and then reset. This will get you more cookies baked all time so you can get extra chips for free.

Okay, thanks! That's promising. (wrt prestige stuff)

Can I sell some of my cursors (I have 200 now) and still buy quintillion fingers later, or is that upgrade dependent on me having 200 cursors?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)