Cool sets to use in NU

Status
Not open for further replies.
So... as I haven't found a thread about this (we have one about combinations, but i wanted one about just cool sets you could use on certain mons), I made one. I really want to know what sets you use that are not common, or even are made by you. Anyway, please, just post things that really work (even if its a VERY specific job), and things that you really use.

And to start, I'll post my Liepard set, which I think is only used by me.

Liepard @ Dark Gem
Trait: Prankster / Unburden
EVs: 84 HP / 252 SAtk / 168 Spd
Timid Nature
- Dark Pulse
- Encore
- Nasty Plot
- Protect / Thunder Wave​

So, this set has some purposes. First (and the main one) is to kill Jynx. EVs are there to outspeed Jynx, and the rest go to HP to get some nice bulk. With Dark Gem, Dark Pulse will always Ko Jynx, so you can switch into the expected Psychic and ko when it doesn't expect you to be able to do it. You can revenge kill it too with this, as you are faster than she is. Liepard gets rid of Substitute variants if i get to switch her into it, encoring it and forcing the switch, so Liepard gets a free Nasty Plot, and trust me, even if its not Jynx, a +2 Dark Pulse with Dark gem hurts.
The reason to use Liepard as an special attacker is that he is the only Dark type that can really do it. Cacturne is much better in the physical side, because of sucker punch priority that he needs so much, and Shiftry is too slow too, so jynx outspeeds it anyway.
Oh, the other thing i use Liepard for is to revenge kill Zangoose. If he had 2 turns of toxic (which is not difficult) you ko it with Dark Pulse. If he just had 1 turn of toxic, stall another one with Protect and go for the kill, its really unexpected!
And that's it, I guess... Prankster is nice, but well, Unburden is really viable too since Unburden + Dark Gem and Nasty Plot can make Liepard really scary.
T-Wave is another viable move for the last spot, but i prefer protect to scout moves, so i can keep Liepard in against a counter, and if he predicts a switch and uses a set-up move, i can encore it and set up myself.​

This is a fun one I use. It was on another thread, but I cannot for the life of me remember who made it first. All I know is that it's fun as hell to use.

Simisage @ Flying Gem
Trait: Overgrow
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpDef / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Acrobatics
- Seed Bomb
- Substitute
- Endeavor

This set is really a fun time. Basically, come in one of the copious specially bulky mons in the tier (or a water type of something.) and hit hard with the appropriate move. Flying and Grass is really good type coverage, hitting a lot of major threats like Seismitoad and Primeape for SE damage. Endeavor is a cool move as it allows Simisage to the opponent down to low health so it can use its strong STABs (especially in Overgrow range) to finish off multiple mons in a match. A good partner is Rocky Helmet Carracosta, who can set up rocks to help net KOs and take punishment while wearing the foe down.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)