Project Core Analysis Workshop (Discussing Partners for Mega Sharpedo + Tank Chomp)

Status
Not open for further replies.

DennisEG

Civil Engineer
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Is Thursday for me so, i'd like to start the partners section. Okay lets analize the core in the offensive point of view, Altaria hates steels and other fairies manaphy can lure some steel or every single steel in the current meta with HP Fire but the lack of ice move make it vulnerable to opposing Altaria as we saw a couple post above is a threat to this core and also can kill Lati twins in one hit althought Altaria can set up on lati twins take in like 60 from Psyshock, u cant set up more than once and u get low enough for revenge kill. Another threat to this core is Unaware Clef which can stall out both and kill it, in my mind a great partner will be Scizor i've trying an AV Scizor in this meta and does fucking great, this little steel bug makes a core with Altaria Fairy/Dragon/Steel which is gud defensively and offensively but u can also run Spedef SD Scizor which isnt bad at all but the main job of this AV scizor is trap thing that annoy the core like Gengar, Alakazam, Lati twins, Specs Raikou locked in hp ice, etc. Also give u momentum with slow u-turn to safely switch in and set up with one of the core and as if that were not enough has the ability to hit steels and damage a lot fairies as well. Here the set

Scizor @ Assault Vest
Ability: Technician
EVs: 252 HP / 212 Atk / 16 Def / 24 SpD / 4 Spe
Adamant Nature
- U-turn
- Superpower
- Bullet Punch
- Pursuit

Albacore

sludge bomb is better than sludge wave
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus

Excadrill @ Air Baloon
Ability : Sand Rush
EVs : 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Iron Head
- Rock Slide
- Rapid Spin / Swords Dance

This core is, generally speaking, vulnerable to Fairy types like Altaria and Gardevoir, a couple of Dragon types such as Latios and Kyurem-B, and fast offensive Pokemon like Talonflame and Alakazam and Excadrill can revenge kill most of these threats under sand, and also opens up possibilities for a SFD core with its Steel typing. Not only that, but it benefits from Altaria's ability to switch into Fighting and Fire types, as well as having Manaphy lure Ferrothorn which can be annoying for it

Last edited:

Heatran @ Air Balloon
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Magma Storm
- Earth Power
- Taunt
- Will-O-Wisp

Switches into defensive roadblocks like Venusaur & Clef and either traps them with magma storm or forces them out. Capable of checking Magnezone, Kyurem-b and Metagross lacking hammer arm (only if it has its balloon intact) and softening up physical threats with will-o-wisp so teammates can set up on them later. Heatran also has excellent defensive synergy with the two, covering every type Manaphy and Altaria are weak to (bar electric) and capable of falling back on (pre-mega) Altaria to absorb the ground, fighting and water attacks aimed at it.

Last edited:
Latios @ Life Orb
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
IVs: 29 HP
Hasty Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Shadow Ball
- Memento

Latios outspeeds and can deal a lot of damage to Kyurem-B, Mega Venusaur and Manaphy with its STAB attacks. It is also able to Speed tie with opposing base 110s such as Gengar although this is not recommended. Shadow Ball may be bad but it deals upwards of 60% to Mega Gardevoir and 70% + to Mega Metagross, both of which are huge threats to this core. Finally, Memento allows you to sacrifice Latios to give a set-up chance for either Pokemon which can blow a big hole in your opponent's plans.

EDIT: Shadow Ball can be changed to Hidden Power Fire to lure Ferrothorn / Scizor although Manaphy already does the job so I use SB to weaken Mega Gard and Mega Meta which I feel are quite threatening.

Last edited:

SketchUp

Don't let your memes be dreams
Heatran was already taken littlelucario
Btw astromund I actually wanted to pick Taunt + Magma Storm Heatran too but you were faster and you made a good post about it. Heatran is nice because it traps and weakens pokemon like Chansey, who is a pretty big threat to the core if paired up with Skarmory for example. Maybe slash Chople Berry over Air Balloon? It helps against Mega Alakazam, Mega Gardevoir, Thundurus and Gengar. Wisp can be replaced with Flash Cannon for Clef / Gard or Stealth Rock, because this core really appreciates pokemon like Venusaur being weakened and Stealth Rock helps a lot (though will o wisp works too of course in this situation)
Also Taunt is also nice because it prevents Spikes which reduce the longetivty of Manaphy and Heatran beats many Spikes setters 1v1 (Skarm, Ferro, Chesnaught) so that is also a very nice thing about Heatran.

Dr Ciel

Banned deucer.
Reserving Kyurem-B.

Kyurem-Black @ Life Orb
Ability: Teravolt
EVs: 20 Atk / 252 SpA / 236 Spe
Mild Nature
- Ice Beam
- Earth Power
- Fusion Bolt
- Roost

This core has insanely bothered by Mega Venusaur, and to a lesser extent, Electric types, especially Magnezone. Thus, Kyurem-Black is a fantastic teammate for the core, 2HKOing Mega Venusaur thanks to Teravolt, and KO'ing most Electric types (Thundurus with Ice Beam) with Earth Power.

Last edited:

DarkNostalgia

Fading in, fading out, on the edge of paradise
is a Contributor Alumnus

"The truth is hiding in your eyes
And it's hanging on your tongue
Just boiling in my blood
But you think that I can't see"

Decode (Alakazam) (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Magic Guard
Timid Nature
- Psychic
- Focus Blast
- Shadow Ball
- Encore / Taunt

Alakazam is a good partner for this core (trust me, I'm using it on one of my teams right now haha), because of its ability to check a variety of threats to the Mega Altaria + Manaphy core, such as Kyurem-B, Mega Venusaur, Roserade, Amoonguss, Clefable, Gengar, and Heatran, and also sort of checks Mega Altaria and Landorus. The choice of the last move boils down to preference. Encore is what I use, as it allows Alakazam to lock Pokemon into undesirable moves, such as Clefable into Soft-Boiled, Mega Altaria into Dragon Dance, Mega Venusaur / Amoonguss into Hidden Power Fire etc. Taunt can be opted for to stallbreak more effectively and shut down mons using other moves.

Last edited:

SketchUp

FWG Coverage Manaphy still leaves the core pretty weak against grass and dragon types as you can't really hit them (HP Fire is pretty weak) which means pokemon like Celebi and Dragalge are pretty annoying for this core. The most important about the 3rd teammate is that it can take on Chansey+Skarmory, Mega Venusaur, Dragons that threaten Altaria (Latios, Dragalge, Kyurem-B) and Unaware Clefable. Steel types are good because they can switch in against these dragons and also beat Venusaur and Clefable, so Scizor and Heatran were both good picks. I will also go for a steel type but with a little gimmick twist:

Klefki @ Leftovers
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Spikes
- Thunder Wave
- Play Rough
- Heal Block

Heal Block Klefki is a really nice way to shut down the mentioned defensive pokemon Chansey, Clefable, Venusaur and Skarmory. Play Rough is an option to hit SpD Mega Sableye (most used set) which can bounce the other 3 moves back so that is a really nice lure for it. Klefki can also switch in against dragons like Dragalge and Latios without many problems and it can use Prankster TWave to cripple Metagross, Alakazam and Kyurem-B, tho Klefki struggles to switch in. Max SpD to take on hits from pokemon like Thundurus and Kyurem-B a bit better and Spikes is great to wear down pokemon like Unaware Clefable and Mega Venusaur which is great in combination with Heal Block.

bludz

a waffle is like a pancake with a syrup trap
is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Hey guys I'm starting work today so I might not be able to completely update the OP etc until I get back, I'll see what I can do before I have to go but I'm dropping the preliminary stuff here now.

Anyway thank you to Invok3r for this week's core:

Alakazam @ Alakazite
Ability: Trace
Timid Nature
- Psychic
- Shadow Ball
- Focus Blast
- Encore

Scizor @ Choice Band
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Bullet Punch
- U-turn
- Superpower
- Pursuit

A nice HO core in which Alakazam takes on the majority of offense and weather sweepers while Scizor provides priority, slow U-turns for free switch-ins and a buffer against dark types like Bisharp, Ttar and some other stuff Zam would rather not deal with.

Here's a link to the good cores post: http://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/oras-good-cores-check-post-714.3524713/page-33#post-6149815

Time to discuss threats

Last edited:

Albacore

sludge bomb is better than sludge wave
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus

Talonflame
Ability: Gale Wings
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Acrobatics
- Swords Dance
- Roost
- Will-O-Wisp

252+ Atk Choice Band Technician Scizor Pursuit vs. 248 HP / 0 Def Talonflame: 143-169 (39.8 - 47%) -- guaranteed 3HKO
+2 252+ Atk Talonflame Acrobatics (110 BP) vs. 248 HP / 0 Def Scizor: 288-339 (83.9 - 98.8%) -- 75% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock

252 SpA Mega Alakazam Psychic vs. 248 HP / 8 SpD Talonflame: 246-291 (68.5 - 81%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252+ Atk Talonflame Acrobatics (110 BP) vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Mega Alakazam: 204-241 (81.2 - 96%) -- 56.3% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock

Pretty straightforward really. Easily sets up on Scizor locked into basically anything, outspeeds and almost OHKOes Scizor at +2, and does the same for Alakazam without a boost. A bulky offensive SD set is what I chose here, but a SpD set fares just as well against Scizor, and also switches into Alakazam quite easily, a max Speed max Attack Jolly set with Sharp Beak and Flare Blitz outright OHKOs both Scizor and Alakazam without a boost, and a Banded set revenge kills Alakazam and deals a ton of damage to Scizor with Brave Bird without needing to boost. Really, every single Talonflame set easily destroys this core.

Last edited:
Volcarona @ Passho Berry
Ability: Flame Body
EVs: 72 HP / 252 SpA / 184 Spe
Timid Nature
- Quiver Dance
- Fire Blast
- Giga Drain
- Bug Buzz

Volcarona can set up a Quiver Dance on Scizor and proceed to destroy both it and Mega Alakazam with Fire Blast and Bug Buzz, respectively. Bug Buzz also allows Volcarona to have a reliable STAB move which can destroy Lati@s and Tyranitar which beats Volcarona if it opts for Hidden Power Ground. Giga Drain, as usual is for bulky Waters. Although Volcarona can survive a Psychic, setting up on Alakazam isn't recommended since Psychic will put Volcarona into Bullet Punch KO range.

252+ Atk Choice Band Technician Scizor Bullet Punch vs. 72 HP / 0 Def Volcarona: 114-135 (34.6 - 41%) -- guaranteed 3HKO
252+ Atk Choice Band Scizor Superpower vs. 72 HP / 0 Def Volcarona: 153-180 (46.5 - 54.7%) -- guaranteed 3HKO
252 SpA Mega Alakazam Psychic vs. 72 HP / 0 SpD Volcarona: 177-208 (53.7 - 63.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
+1 252 SpA Volcarona Bug Buzz vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Mega Alakazam: 474-558 (188.8 - 222.3%) -- guaranteed OHKO
+1 252 SpA Volcarona Fire Blast vs. 248 HP / 8 SpD Scizor: 1324-1560 (386 - 454.8%) -- guaranteed OHKO

Last edited:

Houndoom @ Houndoominite
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 40 HP / 8 Def / 208 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Fire Blast/Flamethrower
- Dark Pulse
- Will-O-Wisp

208 SpA Mega Houndoom Dark Pulse vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Mega Alakazam: 278-330 (110.7 - 131.4%) -- guaranteed OHKO
208 SpA Mega Houndoom Fire Blast vs. 248 HP / 8 SpD Scizor: 880-1036 (256.5 - 302%) -- guaranteed OHKO

While not the most common threat, Houndoom does put quite the bit of pressure on this core; able to OHKO both without even having to set up a Nasty Plot. It survives like four Bullet Punches from Scizor though can't come in on a superpower, and what it does to this core is pretty self-explanatory. Though of course it is worth noting that Alakazam outspeeds Houndoom even before the former Mega Evolves, though it can't ever afford to switch in on Houndoom and hence is pressured by it quite a bit and forces the 'Zam player to be a bit safer.
love me Recreant

SketchUp

Sableye @ Sablenite
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Impish Nature
- Will-O-Wisp
- Recover
- Calm Mind
- Shadow Ball

Physical Defensive Mega Sableye can easily take hits from both Mega Alakazam and Scizor and hurt them with either Will O Wisp or Shadow Ball and even turn them into setup fodder. SpD sets need to watch out for banded U-Turn / BP but are still big threats to this core.

252+ SpA Alakazam Shadow Ball vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Mega Sableye: 88-104 (28.9 - 34.2%) -- 1.9% chance to 3HKO
252+ Atk Choice Band Scizor U-turn vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Mega Sableye: 117-138 (38.4 - 45.3%) -- guaranteed 3HKO
252+ Atk Choice Band Technician burned Scizor Bullet Punch vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Mega Sableye: 50-59 (16.4 - 19.4%) -- possible 6HKO

Screw it gonna make cute user Recreant love me times 2

Absol @ Absolite
Ability: Justified
EVs: 252 Atk / 32 SpA / 224 Spe
Jolly/Naive Nature
- Sucker Punch
- Knock Off
- Fire Blast
- Superpower

I know this is another obscure, barely used dark-type mega but hey, it works. I'm not entirely sure I need to explain what it does to Alakazam; Magic Bounce blocks encore, sucker2win.
Now of course, the point of contention here is when it's against Scizor - it doesn't beat it 1-1 due to being OHKOed 37% of the time by Bullet Punch at max health, and it can't OHKO with Sucker Punch - however, Scizor is pressured to not come in not only because of Fire Blast, but because of Knock Off. This is important when Knock Off is a very safe and spammable move and hence Scizor is even more likely to come in on that than say Fire Blast. Not only does this badly cripple Scizor, but:-
252 Atk Mega Absol Knock Off (97.5 BP) vs. 248 HP / 0 Def Scizor: 177-208 (51.6 - 60.6%)
252+ Atk Technician Scizor Bullet Punch vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Mega Absol: 163-193 (60.1 - 71.2%)
32- SpA Mega Absol Fire Blast vs. 248 HP / 8 SpD Scizor: 392-464 (114.2 - 135.2%)

In addition, if Scizor wasn't at full health due to rocks/spikes/prior damage:-

252 Atk Mega Absol Superpower vs. 248 HP / 0 Def Scizor: 146-172 (42.5 - 50.1%)

Knock Off + Superpower + Rocks/Spikes/Prior Damage OHKOes if you don't want to risk the Fire Blast miss

Basically, it wins if Scizor switches in on Fire Blast or Knock Off (if Absol is above 72% for the latter, of course)

Clone

Free Gliscor
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
suicune @ Letovers
ability: pressure
EVs: 252 HP / 224 Def / 32 Spe
Bold Nature
- Calm Mind
- Rest
- Sleep Talk
- Scald

Encore does kinda fuck cune up if its awake, but if its asleep neither member can break cune after a CM. Again, cune kinda has to be asleep or have a CM and have used scald to beat Zam, but thats not entirely impossible. Scizor fears a Scald burn and can only U-Turn out to deal damage, really.

Last edited:

Mandibuzz (F) @ Leftovers
Ability: Overcoat
EVs: 248 HP / 136 Def / 108 SpD / 16 Spe
Impish Nature
- Foul Play
- Toxic
- Roost
- Knock Off

Mandibuzz is a pretty solid check to this core. It can easily switch into both alakazam and scizor if SR is off the field, as their strongest moves won't be able to 2HKO it. Meanwhile, Mandibuzz can easily 2HKO both with Foul Play.
0 Atk Mandibuzz Foul Play vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Mega Alakazam: 152-180 (60.5 - 71.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
0 Atk Mandibuzz Foul Play vs. 248 HP / 0 Def Scizor: 171-202 (49.8 - 58.8%) -- 99.6% chance to 2HKO
252+ Atk Choice Band Scizor U-turn vs. 248 HP / 136+ Def Mandibuzz: 144-171 (34 - 40.4%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery
252 SpA Mega Alakazam Focus Blast vs. 248 HP / 108 SpD Mandibuzz: 153-180 (36.1 - 42.5%) -- 17.6% chance to 2HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery

Mandibuzz does have some key issues against this core however. If SR is on the field, then Mandibuzz will be hard-pressed to take multiple hits and will soon be forced to Roost, leaving it vulnerable to Alakazam's encore. Mandibuzz is also 2HKOed by Dazzling Gleam if Alakazam chooses to run that.

DarkNostalgia

is a Contributor Alumnus

Charizard @ Charizardite X
Ability: Blaze
EVs: 104 HP / 220 Atk / 184 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Dragon Claw
- Flare Blitz
- Roost

Alright, so this thing is woefully unprepared for at the moment. It completely decimates this core, as it is able to get a boost or two on Scizor, which does nothing back to Charizard, and proceed to OHKO both Scizor and Alakazam. However, before a Dragon Dance, Mega Charizard X is beaten by Alakazam, so it should only use Dragon Dance against Scizor.

Calcs:
252+ Atk Choice Band Technician Scizor Bullet Punch vs. 104 HP / 0 Def Mega Charizard X: 74-87 (22.9 - 26.9%) -- 45.3% chance to 4HKO
252+ Atk Choice Band Scizor Superpower vs. 104 HP / 0 Def Mega Charizard X: 197-232 (60.9 - 71.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
220 Atk Tough Claws Mega Charizard X Dragon Claw vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Alakazam: 315-372 (125.4 - 148.2%) -- guaranteed OHKO
220 Atk Tough Claws Mega Charizard X Flare Blitz vs. 248 HP / 0 Def Scizor: 1020-1204 (297.3 - 351%) -- guaranteed OHKO

Charizard-Mega-Y @ Charizardite Y
Ability: Drought
Timid Nature
- Fire Blast
- Solar Beam
- Roost
- Focus Blast/Will-O-Wisp/Ancient Power

Zard Y decimates this core due to the increase in SpDef it gains upon Mega Evolving, allowing it to take any of Alakazam's hits, even if they crit (i.e. you're facing a haxlord like bludz or ArchPhantom), and its monstrous SpA stat allows it to OHKO both mons with ease.

252 SpA Mega Alakazam Psychic vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Mega Charizard Y on a critical hit: 246-289 (82.8 - 97.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252 SpA Mega Alakazam Shadow Ball vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Mega Charizard Y on a critical hit: 146-172 (49.1 - 57.9%) -- 96.9% chance to 2HKO
252+ Atk Choice Band Technician Scizor Bullet Punch vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Mega Charizard Y on a critical hit: 149-176 (50.1 - 59.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

252 SpA Mega Charizard Y Fire Blast vs. 248 HP / 8 SpD Scizor in Sun: 1492-1764 (434.9 - 514.2%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252 SpA Mega Charizard Y Fire Blast vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Alakazam in Sun: 328-387 (130.6 - 154.1%) -- guaranteed OHKO

Timid>Modest because the monster known as Manaphy still exists in OU.

Last edited:

MANNAT

Follow me on twitch!
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Reserving spdef skarm
sorry I'm late guys

Skarmory @ Leftovers
Ability: Sturdy
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 248 HP / 232 SpD / 28 Spe
Careful Nature
- Iron Head
- Spikes
- Roost
- Whirlwind

This set is pretty self-explanatory as it walls both members of the core to hell and back, and it can whirlwind out both members of the core, raking up spikes damage on both members as well as being able to roost of the damage done by both members of the core. Also, Iron head can do some good damage vs Megazam.

252 SpA Mega Alakazam Focus Blast vs. 252 HP / 232+ SpD Skarmory: 151-178 (45.2 - 53.2%) -- 1.2% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
252+ Atk Choice Band Scizor Superpower vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Skarmory: 161-190 (48.2 - 56.8%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Leftovers recovery
0 Atk Skarmory Iron Head vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Mega Alakazam: 102-120 (40.6 - 47.8%) -- guaranteed 3HKO

Last edited:

Landorus-Therian (M) @ Earth Plate
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 24 HP / 252 Atk / 232 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Rock Polish
- Swords Dance
- Knock Off
- Earthquake

This thing is a threat, it come in on a Scizor and just set up a Rock Polish, -1 Scizor won't be doing a lot should it decide to stay in(which it shouldn't). Mega Alakazam is so frail so all it needs is one Rock Polish to beat the core.

Calcs:
-1 252+ Atk Choice Band Technician Scizor Bullet Punch vs. 24 HP / 0 Def Landorus-T: 118-139 (36.3 - 42.7%) -- guaranteed 3HKO

252+ Atk Choice Band Technician Scizor Bullet Punch vs. 24 HP / 0 Def Landorus-T: 177-208 (54.4 - 64%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

252+ Atk Earth Plate Landorus-T Earthquake vs. 248 HP / 0 Def Scizor: 234-276 (68.2 - 80.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

252+ Atk Earth Plate Landorus-T Earthquake vs. 32 HP / 0 Def Mega Alakazam: 331-391 (127.7 - 150.9%) -- guaranteed OHKO

252+ SpA Mega Alakazam Psychic vs. 32 HP / 0 SpD Landorus-T: 244-288 (74.6 - 88%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

DarkNostalgia

is a Contributor Alumnus
Time to make user: Recreant love me instead of user: Kurona! xD

Pidgeot @ Pidgeotite
Ability: Big Pecks
Timid Nature
- Hurricane
- Heat Wave
- Hyper Beam
- U-turn

Alright, so Mega Pidgeot is a pretty big threat to this core, considering it can come in on both Pokemon, outspeed, and deal a lot of damage if not outright OHKOing. Heat Wave is of course a guaranteed OHKO on Scizor, while Hurricane deals around 76%-90% to Alakazam, which means with some prior damage Mega Pidgeot completely destroys the core. If Scizor falls and it is Pidgeot vs Alakazam, Pidgeot OHKOes with Hyper Beam. It can also pivot out with U-turn against Alakazam, weakening it so that Pidgeot can clean up later on. Of course, Pidgeot can't switch into Scizor OR Alakazam, but it can come in on a free switch and check both Pokemon.

252 SpA Mega Pidgeot Hurricane vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Alakazam: 193-228 (76.8 - 90.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252 SpA Mega Pidgeot Hyper Beam vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Alakazam: 262-310 (104.3 - 123.5%) -- guaranteed OHKO
0- Atk Mega Pidgeot U-turn vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Alakazam: 140-166 (55.7 - 66.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252 SpA Mega Pidgeot Heat Wave vs. 248 HP / 8 SpD Scizor: 508-600 (148.1 - 174.9%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252+ Atk Choice Band Technician Scizor Bullet Punch vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Mega Pidgeot: 195-229 (63.5 - 74.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

Victini @ Choice Scarf
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- V-create
- Bolt Strike
- Zen Headbutt / Final Gambit
- U-turn

So, we're allowed to post more than one? OK, going with Scarf Victini. With a Choice Scarf, it outspeeds both Pokemon and OHKOes them with STAB V-Create. It really only fears Shadow Ball (which doesn't OHKO without Stealth Rock) and U-Turn (which deals around 60%) as the other moves does laughable damage. Moves are fairly standard and I don't think I need to show that STAB V-Create OHKOes Scizor and Mega Alakazam.

bogoljubow

formerly Betapf
Kinda weird to just throw in fire types or pokemon with fire coverage that live a hit from megazam and ko it in my opinion. Anywway, the core threatens Offense pretty well, but is rather prone to fat stuff that can set up on it, especially with Scizor potentially locked into an attack.

Scizor @ Scizorite
EVs: 248 HP / 44 Atk / 16 Def / 200 SpD
Impish Nature
- Swords Dance
- Roost
- Bullet Punch
- Knock Off / U-turn

Mega-Scizor easily sets up on Mega-Alakazam and Scizor, can roost off any damage taken and proceed to sweep. Since it practically forces both of them out, it can possibly gain momentum with U-turn to wear Alakazam's and Scizor's teammmembers down.

252 SpA Mega Alakazam Focus Blast vs. 248 HP / 200 SpD Mega Scizor: 136-160 (39.6 - 46.6%) -- guaranteed 3HKO
+2 44 Atk Mega Scizor Knock Off vs. 32 HP / 0 Def Mega Alakazam: 390-460 (150.5 - 177.6%) -- guaranteed OHKO

252+ Atk Choice Band Scizor Superpower vs. 248 HP / 16+ Def Mega Scizor: 145-171 (42.2 - 49.8%) -- guaranteed 3HKO
+2 44 Atk Mega Scizor Knock Off (97.5 BP) vs. 248 HP / 0 Def Scizor: 204-241 (59.4 - 70.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

bludz

a waffle is like a pancake with a syrup trap
is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
I just want to clarify something about posting multiple threats to a core. I am perfectly ok with people posting more than one threat to each core. I only ask that you a) give others time to respond as well and b) don't just spam all the biggest threats early on (if you only make one threat nomination, feel free to make it as big a threat as you want, of course :) ) since I want everyone to have a chance to contribute. Just to be clear, so far everyone who has posted multiple threats to a core has met these criteria so we're all cool

Anyway carry on, partner nominations will start tomorrow.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)