Bisharp @ Blackglasses
Ability: Defiant
EVs: 252 Atk / 52 SpD / 204 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Knock Off
- Iron Head
- Sucker Punch
- Pursuit

Standard trapper Bisharp. 52 SpD is supposed to let him take hidden power fires better. Bisharp lets you beat opposing Gengar and more importantly Latis, Starmie & most Togekiss. Life orb is an option to guarantee ohko on defensive Togekiss, though usually not necessary.

I said i would do my own nom but it was gonna be Bisharp anyway... basically it beats Victini 1v1, it Knocks Off Dragalge doing a lot of damage and removing Black Sludge which lets Gengar essentially sweep - it's got great synergy with Gengar as Gengar beats the main Bisharp stop in Chesnaught, but the only problem I see is opposing Bisharp. If we're trying to make it as hard to counter as possible, I would suggest Low Kick over Pursuit, and I guess if we're doing that a Life Orb would be helpful. I don't see the need to trap Victini when Garchomp is basically a guaranteed free switch anyway, and plus the fact that you're forced into 50/50s with either pursuit or Sucker, because if Victini stays in and V-Creates:

252+ Atk Black Glasses Bisharp Pursuit vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Victini: 168-200 (49.2 - 58.6%) -- 98.4% chance to 2HKO

you'll die even if it has got a speed drop so you can outspeed.

Low Kick also hits things like Ferrothorn and Heatran for much more damage, much more likely to KO any T-tar variant, and so on.

Bisharp in general leaves the team weak to Keldeo though, and the fact that team 2 can afford to run an offensive counter would be pretty annoying considering they can then run two offensive Pokemon in one go. However, I'd say Bisharp really fits in atm, so it's probably got my vote unless someone convinces me otherwise.

I said i would do my own nom but it was gonna be Bisharp anyway... basically it beats Victini 1v1, it Knocks Off Dragalge doing a lot of damage and removing Black Sludge which lets Gengar essentially sweep - it's got great synergy with Gengar as Gengar beats the main Bisharp stop in Chesnaught, but the only problem I see is opposing Bisharp. If we're trying to make it as hard to counter as possible, I would suggest Low Kick over Pursuit, and I guess if we're doing that a Life Orb would be helpful. I don't see the need to trap Victini when Garchomp is basically a guaranteed free switch anyway, and plus the fact that you're forced into 50/50s with either pursuit or Sucker, because if Victini stays in and V-Creates:

252+ Atk Black Glasses Bisharp Pursuit vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Victini: 168-200 (49.2 - 58.6%) -- 98.4% chance to 2HKO

you'll die even if it has got a speed drop so you can outspeed.

Low Kick also hits things like Ferrothorn and Heatran for much more damage, much more likely to KO any T-tar variant, and so on.

Bisharp in general leaves the team weak to Keldeo though, and the fact that team 2 can afford to run an offensive counter would be pretty annoying considering they can then run two offensive Pokemon in one go. However, I'd say Bisharp really fits in atm, so it's probably got my vote unless someone convinces me otherwise.
Yeah, I thought about Keldeo, and probably would nominate it for team 2 if Bisharp is selected. But I there will be another pokemon allowed the same advantages as Keldo if Sharp is not picked. We still have 3 more slots, we can easily pick any of Starmie/Slowbro/Latis/Azumarill to handle keldo.

Edit: I was actually talking about trapping potential starmie and latis, as in potential hazard removers from Team 2. Bulky Garchomp can handle opposing Bisharp nicely, and Gengar does not allow it to come freely either due to focus miss.

Edit: I thought more about it and I can certainly see the merit in low kick for the reason you have already mentioned. The thing is, the main draw of bisharp is that 50/50 mindgame between pursuit & sucker punch. Trapping Starmie means we have all the spinners covered. This is a special case where both Team knows the opposing pokemon sets. Therefore if Bisharp does not carry pursuit, the opposing starmie can switch out safely. I'm open to further feedback to sway my opinion though.

Last edited:
Renominating Zard-X as the third pick of Team 1.

Charizard @ Charizardite X
Ability: Blaze
EVs: 104 HP / 220 Atk / 184 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Flare Blitz
- Dragon Claw
- Iron Tail

As stated before, Zard-X has decent Offensive Synergy with Gengar as it's most common switch-ins (Slowbro, Quagsire, Rhyperior, Mega Altaria) are dealt with easily by Gengar / Garchomp while Zard-X takes on Dragalge, Raikou, Goodra, Bisharp and Gliscor who are used to defeat Gengar. With this EV Spread, Zard-X outspeeds Scarf Victini after a Dragon Dance and OHKO it with Dragon Claw. It can easily find opportunities to set-up a Dragon Dance against a Choice-locked Victini or threatening to OHKO Dragalge with Dragon Claw. Iron Tail may be a surprise option but it OHKOes Mega Altaria at +1 after Stealth Rock. While this leaves it walled by Heatran, Team 2 would not want to have 3 Pokemon weak to Ground-type moves.

Extra info: Zard-X also outspeeds and OHKOes Keldeo at +1, who will be a threat to other team members otherwise.

Not many nominations this time, huh? Only 2 so far.

Bisharp: Has good defensive synergy with Gengar as it resists Ghost, Psychic and Poison attacks aimed at Gengar while Gengar is immune to Ground and Fighting type attacks which Bisharp hates. Bisharp can also pick off Scarf Victini and has a strong priority attack in general. It can also help to defeat Starmie, the premier Spinner in OU, which Gengar has issues with (although it has to play a dangerous prediction game here as Hydro Pump will KO Bisharp). It should be noted that Gengar and Bisharp are checked by similar Pokemon (such as AV Conkeldurr, Gliscor, Hippowdon, Mandibuzz) so they can wear the checks down together. However, picking Bisharp causes half the team to be destroyed by Mega Lopunny, who can tear through Bisharp, Gengar and Bisharp with ease.

Zard-X: My nomination. Has decent offensive synergy with Gengar since they can take down each other's checks for the other to clean up. Picking Zard-X causes Team 1 to be weaker to Starmie, Azumarill and bulky Waters (except the Slowpoke family). It also requires hazards control since without Roost, Zard-X is going to be worn down fast with Rocks, taking attacks while setting up and priority attacks (which Team 2 will be packing since Zard-X is hard to stop once it boosts)

Tomorrow is the last day to submit a nomination, so if you have an idea, get it out there!

To prevent this from just being a useless bump, I'll submit a nomination of my own. As it stands now, Team 1 has nothing that actually switches into Dragalge, so that's clearly a priority. Additionally, I like the residual damage that Garchomp brings to the field, and figured we might as well add to that.

Klefki @ Leftovers
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Spikes
- Thunder Wave
- Foul Play
- Toxic

An immunity to both of Draglage's STABs make Klefki a solid switch in to it, although it might not enjoy a Scald burn. The real kicker here, though, is Spikes. Team 1 already has SR Chomp with Dragon Tail, not to mention a spinblocker in Gengar, so adding Spikes to the mix would be brutal for an opposing team to manage, forcing Team 2 to bring hazard removal (which we might be able to trap later). On top of that, Klefki makes for a nice generic sweeper check thanks to Thunder Wave. Set is pretty basic, I thought that Magnet Rise might be fun, but ultimately figured that Toxic would be better in case Team 2 decided to answer with a defensive Defogger like Mandibuzz.

All right, I'll make a nomination even though I'm really digging the Klefki nom atm. Anyway, I nominate Choice Scarf Tyranitar:

Tyranitar @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Pursuit
- Crunch
- Stone Edge
- Earthquake

This is the standard ScarfTar set, so I don't think I need to explain it much. It can switch into either V-Create and Bolt Strike from Victini and then Pursuit trap it. Bolt Strike does 41% max, and U-Turn only does like 45% max to Ttar. Dragalge does 42% max with Draco and otherwise just hopes for a Scald burn. Ttar can return big damage on either of them, but it doesn't OHKO without some prior damage. I guess Choice Band is also an option if we don't think outspeeding potential spinners/defoggers like the Latis and Starmie is necessary.

Klefki : Not really a fan of this, to be honest. Yes, I know Klefki is good (I even make a post in the OU Cores Workshop about it) but it doesn't have any offensive pressure whatsoever, allowing Team 2 to pick anything they want to set-up on it or pile offensive pressure on Team 1. Thunder Wave can be a clutch move but Team 2 can play around it by picking slow, bulky Pokemon or simply offensive Ground or Electric types ( or simply choose a Natural Cure Starmie who won't mind the paralysis).

Ttar: Not really sure what to do with this. Normally Scarf Ttar is used to pick off Lati@s, BP-less Celebi, Jirachi or other things weak to Dark, all of which Team 2 has yet to choose. Ttar is also really slow, even with a Scarf and a locked Pursuit screams set-up bait.

Sorry if I sounded arrogant in the post above. Just my 2 cents and trying to create some discussion.

Submission Period is now over. Voting has begun!
  1. Users with fewer than 25 posts will not be allowed to vote. This is to prevent people from making alts or getting their friends to join in order to manipulate the votes.
  2. To avoid vote bandwagoning, please PM me your votes.
  3. You are allowed to vote for your own submission.
Voters will pick their two favorite submissions. A ballot should look something like this.

Tyranitar
Azumarill

Each Pokemon will receive votes based on their position in the ballot. To use the above example, Tyranitar will receive 2 votes, and Azumarill will receive 1 vote.

At the end of the voting period, the Pokemon with the most votes will become the first Pokemon on Team 1.

Candidates:
Voting will end on May 11th.

Feel free to continue discussing candidates until the 11th.

Team 1's third Pokemon is Bisharp!

Bisharp @ Blackglasses
EVs: 252 Atk / 52 SpD / 204 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Knock Off
- Iron Head
- Sucker Punch
- Pursuit

It's now time to nominate the third member of Team 2. Voting will begin on the 15th.

Lopunny @ Lopunnite
Ability: Limber
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- High Jump Kick
- Return
- Fake Out
- Ice Punch

I will be boring and nominate the standard Mega Lopunny set. Mega Lopunny can act as a win condition for Team 2 as it can outspeed and deal a lot of damage to all of Team 1's Pokemon with the proper move. Furthermore, switch-ins to Mega Lopunny such as bulky Psychics, Skarmory and Fairies doesn't appreciate Victini's presence while Hippowdon, Slowbro and Chesnaught gets worn down by Dragalge's Toxic Spikes. However, Lopunny is frail so it is not that easy to switch it in. It's defensive typing also leaves things to be desired.

EDIT: SD Mega Scizor deals with Bisharp (and 2 other mons of Team 1) easier but it is easier to counter (just pack a Fire-type ) due to it's worse coverage. However, it gives the second part of the FSD core and it has a much better defensive typing than Mega Lop so it can be considered.

Last edited:

Karxrida

Death to the Undying Savage
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
Why settle for one Bisharp when you can have 2?

Bisharp @ Blackglasses
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Knock Off
- Iron Head
- Sucker Punch
- Low Kick

My reasoning is that Bisharp is awesome, you can't have enough of it, and it would be hilarious to have it be its own counter.

Oh and it can revenge Team 1's Gengar set and switch into Psychic attacks for Dragalge, which is cool I guess. BUT MORE BISHARP!

EDIT: Fuck now I wasted my 2.6k. If this gets voted for then it was totally worth it, though.

Last edited:
Bisharp proved as the lord and saviour for team 1.
Alrighty then, I'm going to leave the obvious fighting type that was brought up when I nominated Bisharp, and pickup something else. I nominate Defensive Landorus-T as Team 2's third pick.

Landorus-T @ Leftovers
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 Atk / 168 Def / 88 Spe
Impish Nature
- Knock Off
- U Turn
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock

About time Team 2 got started in their own hazard game. As of now, Team 2 has a massive ground weakness between Victini and Dragalage which is needed to be solved. On the other hand, Drag resists water for Lando-T while Victini resists ice attacks aimed at Lando-T. Drag also switches into toxics aimed at Lando-T while Victini takes the will-o-wisp. Garchomp is basically free switch in for Lando-T. From there he can wear down Garchomp who relies on rest without sleep talk for recovery, smack incoming Gengar with knock off and beat +1 Bisharp 1v1. 88 speed is necessary to outspeed max speed Adamant Bisharp and uninvested base 100s (Let me know if speed creeping is a problem; I think its just part of teambuilding, even if we did not know the opposing team we wouldve liked to outspeed some specific mons). Bear in mind, Lando-T can only blanket check them, he can not be relied upon to take too many hits.

252 SpA Life Orb Gengar Shadow Ball vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Landorus-T: 207-243 (54.1 - 63.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery
0 Atk Landorus-T Knock Off (97.5 BP) vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Gengar: 292-344 (112.7 - 132.8%) -- guaranteed OHKO

+1 252+ Atk Black Glasses Bisharp Sucker Punch vs. 252 HP / 168+ Def Landorus-T: 210-247 (54.9 - 64.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery
+1 252+ Atk Black Glasses Bisharp Knock Off (97.5 BP) vs. 252 HP / 168+ Def Landorus-T: 255-301 (66.7 - 78.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery
0 Atk Landorus-T Earthquake vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Bisharp: 300-354 (110.2 - 130.1%) -- guaranteed OHKO

Skarmory @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Impish Nature
-Roost
-Spikes
-Stealth Rock
-Counter

What can I say? It counters (hehehehe) Bisharp and Garchomp in one go, and while it can't actually touch Garchomp barring Rocky Helmet damage on the Dragon Tail, what I like most about it is the hazards. Garchomp is free Spikes, if it decides to Rest Skarmory gets all its hazards up, Bisharp is free spikes, Bisharp has nothing but attacking moves so it's easy to Counter (as in the move Counter). Gengar is annoying but Gengar can't OHKO Skarm if for whatever reason you ever needed to live one attack and get up some hazards or something.

Skarm deals with the ground weakness of Team 2, while providing hazards, completely countering 2 of Team 1's Pokemon, and can act as a last ditch check to (usually only physical) setup sweepers through Sturdy. Yes, it's true Skarm is extremely passive, and is beaten by Special attackers, but this is literally just meant to be Team 2's Bisharp counter and Team 2 then gets another pick afterwards, one that can be an offensive powerhouse or deal with those. For the time being, however, Skarm fits the bill (guys it's a bird and birds have bills right? hehehehe)

Calcs:

252+ Atk Black Glasses Bisharp Knock Off (97.5 BP) vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Skarmory: 117-138 (35 - 41.3%) -- 71.6% chance to 3HKO after Leftovers recovery

252+ Atk Black Glasses Bisharp Knock Off vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Skarmory: 78-93 (23.3 - 27.8%) -- 76.4% chance to 4HKO

0 Atk Garchomp Dragon Tail vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Skarmory: 23-27 (6.8 - 8%) -- possibly the worst move ever

252 SpA Life Orb Gengar Shadow Ball vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Skarmory: 227-269 (67.9 - 80.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

Last edited:

bludz

a waffle is like a pancake with a syrup trap
is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
So I had a couple of thoughts for a nom. Mega Diancie destroys Bisharp + Garchomp and beats Gengar on a speed tie, but makes the entire team weak to ground moves (RIP). Weavile pretty much obliterates Team 1 completely but isn't switching into anything and we're supposed to counter stuff. AV Conkeldurr is another cool thought as it 1v1s all 3 members of the other team, but makes Team 2 really slow. I also admit I like the idea of Bisharp + something else later on that might bait Icy Winds.

Instead I'm gonna go with a pretty boring nomination:

Keldeo @ Choice Specs
Ability: Justified
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Scald
- Hydro Pump
- Secret Sword
- Icy Wind

One of the best Bisharp checks out there and Team 1 has no switch ins for this monster yet. Forcing them to add a psychic type to wall it will give some nice pursuit trapping options and just easy to counter pokemon in general.

All right, team 2 needs some hazard removal, and I was trying to think of a mixed wall that could do that and take on all three of team 1's mons. Therefore, I am going to nominate Mandibuzz.

Mandibuzz (F) @ Leftovers
Ability: Overcoat
EVs: 248 HP / 136 Def / 124 SpD
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 0 SpA
- Foul Play
- Defog
- Roost
- Toxic
Mandibuzz is actually a pretty good check to all of the mons on Team 1. It avoids the 2HKO after Leftovers recovery from Gengar's Sludge Wave, meaning it can just roost off damage and force Gengar to die to LO recoil. Oh, and Foul Play takes a huge chunk of Gar's HP too. Mandi is likewise a rather reliable answer to Bisharp, and Foul Play discourages Bish from switching in on a predicted Defog. Finally. Mandi just kinda lols at Tank Chomp. It can easily wear Chomp down with Toxic, forcing it to use Rest. Not to mention, DT is doing practically nothing, and Mandi can remove SR to aid Drag and Victini. Mandibuzz also helps out in terms of defensive synergy, as it mitigates Team 2's ground weakness to an extent.

252 SpA Life Orb Gengar Shadow Ball vs. 248 HP / 124 SpD Mandibuzz: 78-92 (18.4 - 21.7%) -- possible 7HKO after Leftovers recovery
252 SpA Life Orb Gengar Sludge Wave vs. 248 HP / 124 SpD Mandibuzz: 187-220 (44.2 - 52%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Leftovers recovery
0- Atk Mandibuzz Foul Play vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Gengar: 158-188 (61 - 72.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

252+ Atk Black Glasses Bisharp Knock Off (97.5 BP) vs. 248 HP / 136+ Def Mandibuzz: 78-93 (18.4 - 21.9%) -- possible 6HKO after Leftovers recovery
252+ Atk Bisharp Iron Head vs. 248 HP / 136+ Def Mandibuzz: 108-127 (25.5 - 30%) -- 0.2% chance to 4HKO after Leftovers recovery
+2 252+ Atk Bisharp Iron Head vs. 248 HP / 136+ Def Mandibuzz: 214-253 (50.5 - 59.8%) -- 85.9% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

0- Atk Mandibuzz Foul Play vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Bisharp: 83-98 (30.6 - 36.1%) -- 49.9% chance to 3HKO
+2 0- Atk Mandibuzz Foul Play vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Bisharp: 165-195 (60.8 - 71.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

Chesnaught @ Leftovers
Ability: Bulletproof
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Impish Nature
- Spiky Shield
- Leech Seed
- Drain Punch
- Spikes

Counters bisharp and chomp. Sadly loses to gengar but setting up spikes is definitely cool when dragalge is setting up toxic spikes, wears stuff down for scarf victini to clean up.

Alright, here's my nom.

Alakazam @ Alakazite
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Psyshock
- Focus Blast
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Substitute

Pretty straightforward special sweeper that picks up a ton of KOs. HP Ice is obviously used for Chomp, and the rest of the coverage is pretty simple. Substitute is to avoid 50/50 games with Bisharp, and to make it extremely difficult to revenge kill. Modest Nature because it outspeeds most threats anyway, and needs to be able to KO TankChomp.

Last edited:
Alright, here's my nom.

Alakazam @ Alakazite
Modest Nature
- Psyshock
- Focus Blast
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Substitute

Pretty straightforward special sweeper that picks up a ton of KOs. HP Ice is obviously used for Chomp, and the rest of the coverage is pretty simple. Substitute is to avoid 50/50 games with Bisharp, and to make it extremely difficult to revenge kill. Modest Nature because it outspeeds most threats anyway, and needs to be able to KO TankChomp.
We're meant to be picking a counter for Bisharp though, as in it has to be able to switch in on Bisharp. We get an offensive nom afterwards.

Alright, here's my nom.

Alakazam @ Alakazite
Modest Nature
- Psyshock
- Focus Blast
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Substitute

I would definitely be running Timid on Mega Alakazam. As it stands, Team 1 has yet to pick a Mega, which means it still has a variety of speedy threats that could potentially outrun a Modest MegaZam, including Mega Lopunny, DD Gyarados, Mega Manectric, or Mega Beedrill. Going Timid makes those threats less appealing, since they're no longer able to outrun it. Tank Chomp has a chance to get OHKOed regardless, and the chances of it having full health by the end of a match is pretty slim, given how it'll have to be switching into Victini's U-Turns and V-Creates throughout the match.

Hmmm, a lot of nominations this time around. Let's review (to spark some discussion)

1) Mega Lop : Win condition. Currently outspeeds and easily KO all of Team 1's Pokemon (after Garchomp takes about 25% of damage). Gives some much-needed speed to Team 2. Unresisted STAB and checks hate the Tini + Dragalge combination.

2) Bisharp : Good choice to check Bisharp and pressure Garchomp + Gengar. Strong priority to pick off threats. Also, discourages Icy Wind and Intimidate.

3) Lando-T: While it fixes the Ground weakness (to a certain extent), Lando-T has major issues with Gengar and gives Bisharp a +1. While it does counter Garchomp and gives Rocks, I don't feel it is very beneficial since Chomp can be pressured by other stuff. (ugh, why no Toxic / Fire Blast on Chomp?)

4) Skarm : I noticed that user Eraxxer likes to nominate defensive mons haha. While I agree Skarm is good, but having 2 hazards on Skarm is kinda bad since you need Whirlwind to prevent opponents from setting up on you. Having Counter as your only attacking move might work but I don't like the idea of giving Special Attackers like Gengar free-switch-ins (please put Whirlwind over Spikes since letting things set-up is bad in this meta). Good to negate the Ground weakness but watch-out for RP Lando-I (again, please Whirlwind).

5) Keldeo : An excellent choice. Easily hard checks Bisharp (why no Aerial Ace) and can basically kill something each time it comes in. Grass types also hate Victini so the only big threat is Lati@s who can be easily trapped.

6) Mandi : On paper, it looks really good but from my experience (maybe I wasn't good at using it), Mandi needs to be at high health to check the things it's supposed to beat (kinda hard to do with Rocks + switching in to take hits).

7) Chesnaught : Basically the same as Skarmory, it counters Garchomp and Bisharp while also giving a Defensive backbone. Also sets up Spikes. Letting Gengar come in for free is one big con though.

8) Mega Zam: Same deal with Mega Lop except it is faster. However, it doesn't match-up as well against Bisharp and Scizors.

Nominating the Underrated Mamoswine for the 3rd Pokemon of Team 2:

Mamoswine @ NeverMeltIce
Ability: Thick Fat
Evs: 240 Atk / 16 SpA / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Ice Shard
- Freeze Dry
- Earthquake

Yes I know this is a very weird set. But it works. Very well. Now let me explain. Mamoswine is able to 2HKO every Pokemon on team 1. It also provides much needed rocks for team 2, while also hitting ground types super effectively. due to Thick Fat, it has only 4 weaknesses to Grass, Water, Steel and Fighting. In this Mamo himself deals with Grass and Steel types, while being able to 2HKO most water types with Freeze Dry. This leaves only Fighting types, which both Dragalge and Victini resist. Why NeverMeltIce? well, when I used Mamo, most of the time Only his Ice type moves need a boost and in practice, LO recoil sucks for Mamo, as it needs high enough health to check Team 1. I would like to run Icicle Crash to OHKO both the Gar's in Team 1 but if Team 1 picks something like BD Azumarill or Mega Burrito they could get free setup every time and that in practice means team 2 loses. And I learned that the hard way...

Nominating the Underrated Mamoswine for the 3rd Pokemon of Team 2:

Mamoswine @ NeverMeltIce
Ability: Thick Fat
Evs: 240 Atk / 16 SpA / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Ice Shard
- Freeze Dry
- Earthquake
This calculation worries me a little:

240 Atk Life Orb Mamoswine Earthquake vs. 248 HP / 0+ Def Mega Scizor: 144-172 (41.9 - 50.1%) -- 88.3% chance to 2HKO after Stealth Rock
240 Atk Mamoswine Earthquake vs. 248 HP / 0+ Def Mega Scizor: 111-132 (32.3 - 38.4%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Stealth Rock

How does Azu gets a free set-up when EQ takes more than 50% off it?
240 Atk Life Orb Mamoswine Earthquake vs. 92 HP / 0 Def Azumarill: 253-300 (69.5 - 82.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock
240 Atk Mamoswine Earthquake vs. 92 HP / 0 Def Azumarill: 195-231 (53.5 - 63.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)