Cryogonal

I used one on my sun team.

Cryogonal @ Leftovers
252 Spe/252 Def/4 HP Timid

Rapid Spin
Recover
Ice Beam
SolarBeam

It actually survived some physical attacks...282HP/159Def is like a 4/0 pokemon with 70/66 defenses. It's better than Spinda, at least. And being SR weak is pretty petty with Rapid Spin+Recover.

Sensible, I would so take that bet. (Maybe not if you said "alternate form" instead of "evolution" in gray, though.)

omg, this is literally the exact same set I used LONG ago. I'm gonna back this up and admit it gets the job done more often than not.

An explosion from that base stat can net a few OHKOS on fragile sweepers.

And with Explosion, you can keep the momentum of the battle as even if it doesn't kill the opponent, you can switch to the appropriate Pokemon and defeat him from there.

An explosion from that base stat can net a few OHKOS on fragile sweepers.

And with Explosion, you can keep the momentum of the battle as even if it doesn't kill the opponent, you can switch to the appropriate Pokemon and defeat him from there.
Can you define fragile sweepers? Explosion no longer has the 'oomph' it has, so exactly what kind of fragile sweepers are OHKO'd by Explosion? Azelf? Infernape? Deoxys-A?

Cooky

Banned deucer.
Can you define fragile sweepers? Explosion no longer has the 'oomph' it has, so exactly what kind of fragile sweepers are OHKO'd by Explosion? Azelf? Infernape? Deoxys-A?
Nope, Cryogonal's 0 Atk neutral natured Explosion does 46.6% - 55.1% to 4 HP Infernape. It does OHKO Deoxys-A, but so does a dirty look.

Basically just don't use Explosion.

Cryogonal looks like a pokemon who looks like glalies evolution who wishes his special defense is his special attack.
I think choiced dragon killer is his best set because he outruns garchomp with that speed

Breeding
Curiousity killed the cat. He is genderless so he cannot breed.
Correction to the main post:
Just because it's genderless doesn't mean it's not allowed to breed; noted example is Ditto.
Just today I put it in with a Ditto and got a Cryogonal egg.
It's part of the Mineral egg group, as it can breed with many rock and steel types. It has to act as the female of the pair in order to obtain it in an egg, of course.

All other info you posted was very useful, thanks! =)

Correction to the main post:
Just because it's genderless doesn't mean it's not allowed to breed; noted example is Ditto.
Just today I put it in with a Ditto and got a Cryogonal egg.
It's part of the Mineral egg group, as it can breed with many rock and steel types. It has to act as the female of the pair in order to obtain it in an egg, of course.

All other info you posted was very useful, thanks! =)
It can only breed with Ditto; it can't breed with anything else, even from its own Mineral egg group. As such, it has no egg moves, which is the main point.

Also a Hyper-Offense variant (with not nearly as much utility, the first Sun set is MUCH better, and a great Pokemon overall.).

Cryogonal@Choice Specs
Modest
252 Spd./252 Sp.Atk/4 Sp.Def

Solarbeam
HP Fire
Ice Beam
Flash Cannon/Rapid Spin/Confuse Ray/Reflect/Light Screen

Horrendously less useful but obligatory Specs set. The original moveset can have Rapid Spin slashed for HP Fire, getting a very good hit on Steels, if the team is otherwise unconcerned about entry hazards (Spin isn't always essential, so it can afford the excellent coverage). Fire/Grass/Ice is amazing!

How's this thing compared to Vanilluxe? I'm considering using this snowflake over the ice cream simply because Vanilluxe's base 79 speed bothers me, but it seems Vanilluxe has better sp. attack, mirror coat, and can actually use explosion/ice shard

How's this thing compared to Vanilluxe? I'm considering using this snowflake over the ice cream simply because Vanilluxe's base 79 speed bothers me, but it seems Vanilluxe has better sp. attack, mirror coat, and can actually use explosion/ice shard
Also, Vaniluxe has a move to boost it's speed.

Is Autotomize really worth it?
It is, surprisingly. I ran a Vaniluxe on a Hail team with Blizzard/HP Fight/Automize/Explosion. If it got off a Automize, I won, no questions asked. Though Explosion could be replaced, if wanted. I think it held a Life Orb, and had Ice Body as it's ability.

Does anyone else think he will have that move that reverses the def aand spe def of all pokemon for 5 turns in the 3rd game ?

Katakiri

Listen, Brendan...
is a Researcher Alumnus
Does anyone else think he will have that move that reverses the def aand spe def of all pokemon for 5 turns in the 3rd game ?
Until Wonder Room DOESN'T have -7 Priority, no Pokemon is gonna want to use it. Your entire team had to be commited to the move. Which is why you don't see it around ever.

It's more gimmicky that even Trick Room. And that's saying a lot.

...now excuse me while I make a Wonder Room team.

I've been playing with Trick Room for sometime now, and I would agree agree with Rayquaza that it is NOT a gimmick at all. It's almost like a playstyle of its own, something that I believe takes more skill to use compared to Hyper Offense or Stall. When Wonder Room was released, I was pretty excited to try out this new Room move, think that it is as awesome as Trick Room,. But until now I can't think of any great way to abuse its effects, and have never heard anybody who was successful with it.

He seems like somebody you throw out on a special attacker to get a rapid spin off once during the game. Then you save him to Haze a Calm Mind user later (though damn Psychoshock just destroys you). His use is so limited that I would never use him if he looked as stupid as the ice cream cone, but I usually use Pokemon due to aesthetics because I'm weird.

I'm thinking of running:
Rapid Spin
Recover
Haze
Ice Beam
(EVs in HP and Speed probably).

Hell, you give him a focus sash, you can actually Haze a Dragon Dancer, then they have to switch the next turn or you KO them. If you predict the switch, you can Recover to see what they throw in (and then switch out if it's anything physical). Focus Sash is also nice with Recover, as you can still get in a position where you have full health.

In short, the guy is crumby, but I'm still going to run him.

If I'm going to ignore that this guy is a Rapid Spinner, I may think about trying out:
Ice Beam
HP Elec/Fighting
Substitute
Recover

But the non-PS CM stopper (as it's not really a counter) and RSer seems so much more desirable to me. A 95 SpAtk stat that probably won't even have investment (his HP needs those EVs) just seems to low to really do much with (though I guess you can beat some other Special Attackers in a long and drawn out boring fight... blegh. Though the same applies if you're going to fight Calm Mind users with recovery. Imagine having Suicune and Cryogonal fights as the last Pokes, stallfest. Sui would probably win if it had Scald due to reducing the Recover PP first).

When playing a hail team on uu for a while, I really got to know Cryogonal. He is Unova's gift to hail teams in the form of an amazing support pokemon. I've used this set many times to much success in uu;

Cryogonal @ Light Clay Trait: Levitate
EVs: 252 Def / 252 Spd / 4 SDef

Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Rapid Spin
- Light Screen
- Haze
- Reflect

He can really support hail teams nicely. Rapid spin because ice hates stealth rocks, haze to stop setup sweepers. Dual shields is an excellent touch, after one reflect, that aside from priority you will probably get up, you can take a decent physical hit, and continue to spin/light screen. I run offensive hail so weavile, jynx, and froslass really appreciate the extended lifetime from dual shields. He's throwaway after he's spun and set up/hazed if there's no more threat, so use him for fodder to preserve what you can after that. Many times I've had a common situation of coming in with him after a ko, setting up the respective shield to resist the opponents current pokemon, spinning out rocks/spikes, then setting up the other shield, and by then I'm 3HKO'd so it's perfect to switch to a sweeper to clear things out.

First off: The most bad-ass snowflake on the planet. It's a shame it doesn't get egg moves though. I mean, who wouldn't wanna mate with that?

Anyway, Cyragonal has Icy Wind! I see potential for doubles with a set like:

Cryagonal @ Focus Sash/Light Clay
Modest/Timid/Bold
Levitate
Icy Wind
Recover
HP Electric/Reflect
Protect/Explosion/Light Screen

Not sure if this is at all viable, or what EV spread would be best. I guess it's so you can survive Rock Slide and sweep(?) or set up screens. Pair it with something relatively slow (but still with usable speed) that can benefit from the practically +1 in Speed.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)