D/P Mismagius .

JabbaTheGriffin

Stormblessed
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
i love this set so much :D

let me know if i could elaborate upon a few more points in the set description

http://www.smogon.com/dp/pokemon/mismagius

[SET]
name: Bulky Mismagius
move 1: Shadow Ball
move 2: Hidden Power Fighting
move 3: Will-O-Wisp
move 4: Pain Split
item: Leftovers
nature: Calm
evs: 252 HP / 252 SpD / 4 Spe

[SET COMMENTS]
<p>This Mismagius set is designed to be your typical spin blocker. At first glance it may look like a much less capable version of Spiritomb or Dusknoir, however there are several key differences that separate this from the normal bulky Ghosts of choice. The most important difference lies in Mismagius’s Speed. With 0 EVs, Hidden Power Fighting and a neutral nature, Mismagius rests at 245 Speed, which outspeeds both Jolly Tyranitar and Adamant Breloom. This Speed allows Mismagius to heal via Pain Split much more easily than the other common spin blockers. Mismagius is capable of switching in on a plethora of walls when she's at low health and can use Pain Split before your opponent has an opportunity to finish her off.</p>

<p>This set also packs quite the surprise for the unsuspecting opponent. Unlike Spiritomb and Dusknoir, who are known to commonly carry Will-O-Wisp, opponents will switch bulky Steels such as Scizor and Metagross into Mismagius not expecting to be crippled in the process. On the other end of the spectrum, Mismagius can also stand up to special threats such as Deoxys-S and Gengar if need be. A Life Orb Shadow Ball from Timid Gengar will always fail to OHKO, even if Mismagius has taken damage from Stealth Rock, while Mismagius will return an OHKO with Shadow Ball a majority of the time.</p>

Bologo

Have fun with birds and bees.
is a Contributor Alumnus
[SET COMMENTS]
<p>This Mismagius set is designed to be your typical spin blocker. At first glance it may look like a much less capable version of Spiritomb or Dusknoir, however there are several key differences that separate this from the normal bulky Ghosts of choice. The most important difference lies in Mismagius’s Speed. With 0 EVs and a neutral nature, Mismagius rests at 245 Speed, which outspeeds both Jolly Tyranitar and Adamant Breloom. This Speed allows Mismagius to heal via Pain Split much more easily than the other common spin blockers. Mismagius is capable of switching in on a plethora of walls when she's at low health and can use Pain Split before your opponent has an opportunity to finish her off.</p>

<p>This set also packs quite the surprise for the unsuspecting opponent. Unlike Spiritomb and Dusknoir, who are known to commonly carry Will-O-Wisp, opponents will switch bulky Steels such as Scizor and Metagross into Mismagius, not expecting to be crippled in the process. On the other end of the spectrum, Mismagius can also stand up to special threats such as Deoxys-S and Gengar if need be. A Life Orb Shadow Ball from Timid Gengar will always fail to OHKO, even if Mismagius has taken damage from Stealth Rock, while Mismagius will return an OHKO with Shadow Ball a majority of the time.</p>
Just a few nitpicks with capitalization. Great job, this set actually looks pretty damn good.

Lee

@ Thick Club
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnus
The most important difference lies in Mismagius’s Speed. With 0 EVs, Hidden Power Fighting and a neutral nature, Mismagius rests at 245 Speed, which outspeeds both Jolly Tyranitar and Adamant Breloom.
Technically, with 0 speed EVs and a neutral nature, Mismagius is at 246. It's very nitpicky but *shrugs*

With the EVs, what about switching its HP EVs so that it can have max Leftovers recovery (236 HP EVs)? The remaining EVs from those 16 EVs can be placed in Special Attack?

Great set but the spread looks wasteful.

I would go with 252 Hp/64 Sp.A/192 Sp.D

Stats at lv 100:
Hp:324
Atk:140
Def:156
Sp.A:261
Sp.D:322
Speed:244

It takes Gengar's Shadow Ball well:

Max Sp.A Gengar Shadow Ball: Max 77.78%
Neutral Max Sp.A Gengar Shadow Ball:Max 70.37%
Neutral Max Sp.A LO Gengar Shadow Ball:Max 91.02%

And hits it hard:

Mismagius Shadow Ball on Neutral Gengar 4 HP evs: 100.76%

Still out speeds Tyranitar and Breloom.

If you need anymore calculations, feel free to ask.

Should it also be mentioned that unlike Spiritomb and Dusknoir, Mismagius is actually immune to Donphan's Earthquake (which can do some hefty damage to the two ghosts if Donphan hasn't been burned yet)?

Just curious but how much does a standard Starmie Surf do on it? Is it only a 3hko? If so, I would definitely mention that peice of information and tell that shadow ball will ohko it back.

Lee

@ Thick Club
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnus
^

140 SpA Starmie Surf vs 252/252 Missy = 32.41% - 37.96%
0 SpA Missy Shadow Ball vs 180 HP Starmie = 68.63% - 80.72%

Should it also be mentioned that unlike Spiritomb and Dusknoir, Mismagius is actually immune to Donphan's Earthquake (which can do some hefty damage to the two ghosts if Donphan hasn't been burned yet)?
Yeah, good selling point. Unfortunately she takes a shitload more from Forry's Gyro Ball which makes me wonder if a few dozen Def EV's would be a sound investment.

Caelum

qibz official stalker
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Yeah, good selling point. Unfortunately she takes a shitload more from Forry's Gyro Ball which makes me wonder if a few dozen Def EV's would be a sound investment.

Missy is going to be faster than Forry anyway so she'll just hit it with WoW making Gyro ball not really a threat. I guess in the scenario where WoW misses it would be useful but I wouldn't EV it in defense just for Forry's Gyro Ball.

Nice set Jabba btw. I put it on my stall team over Spiritomb and it seemed to work well enough, there were several instances where the speed stat made a difference (although I still prefer Spiritomb's lack of weakness to Pursuit).

140 SpA Starmie Surf vs 252/252 Missy = 32.41% - 37.96%
0 SpA Missy Shadow Ball vs 180 HP Starmie = 68.63% - 80.72%
So it is 4hkoed factoring in Leftovers? I would mention that starmie at beast 4hkos you and you always 2hko back. Mentioning as many Rapid Spinners as possible is pretty good since the main goal is "Anti-Spin"

Definitely a cool set, I just tested it out on my stall team and it worked much better than dusknoir and spiritomb ;D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)