Darmanitan

i dont think stone edge and/or thief are getting boosted by encourage. the higher crit chance boost the chance of something already possible happening instead of giving a chance of a entire new effect(example:burn) while thief ALWAYS steal the item as long you are not holding. heck, even if boosted thief i rather not use.

maybe it boost them but idk. still dont got my own copy of the game to test myself.

edit:holy fuck, dindt even noticed u-turn in there. but while its true he got great stats and movepool for a scarf set remember he is still weak to SR and is affected by all entry hazards.

reyscarface

is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a defending SPL Championdefeated the Smogon Frontier
World Defender
ps just letting you all know that Scarf Hihidaruma is very underrated and its a very damn good revenge killer, U-Turn, Flare B, SE and EQ is killer coverage and daruma has good speed with insane attack, boost Flare B and SE by Encourage and you got a mighty scarfer.

Blitz can even 2HKO Garchomp!!

breh

強いだね
[SET]
name: Belly Drum Daruma
move 1: Flare Blitz
move 2: Belly Drum
move 3: Rest
move 4: Sleep Talk
item: Leftovers
ability: Daruma Mode
nature: Adamant
evs: 148 HP / 180 Def / 180 SpD

GIMMICK BD DARUMA SET

Otherwise it has sleep talk, use it guys... sure it's not great but it deserves mention

@ Lucalibur

yes use u-turn; there's lots of other hidden gems in his movepool (nitro charge is questionable... it always raises speed; too lazy to check with an ingame darumakka); oh and why has cheer up gone unmentioned? I realize it's not really needed to boost 140 attack but..

[SET]
name: Belly Drum Daruma
move 1: Flare Blitz
move 2: Belly Drum
move 3: Rest
move 4: Sleep Talk
item: Leftovers
ability: Daruma Mode
nature: Adamant
evs: 148 HP / 180 Def / 180 SpD

GIMMICK BD DARUMA SET

Otherwise it has sleep talk, use it guys... sure it's not great but it deserves mention

Otherwise @ Lucalibur

yes use u-turn; there's lots of other hidden gems in his movepool (nitro charge is questionable... it always raises speed; too lazy to check with an ingame darumakka); oh and why has cheer up gone unmentioned? I realize it's not really needed to boost 140 attack but..
Sleep Talk is useless with that set.

Hihidaruma would be a lot more usable if he weren't such a "glass cannon." 140 base attack is amazing, but his poor defenses kind of take some of that away. And waiting until 50% health to get descent defenses isn't worth it. Scarf is the only option me thinks...

Manaphy

Throughout heaven and earth, I alone am family guy
is a Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributor
Lol, I remember when Serebii said the Daruma Mode was Grass/Pyschic.....

Anyway, i think this Pokemon is Really good. Encourage Hihidaruma can rip apart anything that's slower than it. Daruma Mode has Great Defense and 140 Sp.Atk is Gigantic.

All in all Hihidaruma is a fucking boss. Choice Scarf is where he really shines. Encourage FB hits like a fucking truck.

Hihidaruma@Choice Scarf
ABility:Encourage
EVs: 252 Atk/252 Spe/4 Hp
NAture:Jolly

Moves:
Flare Blitz
Superpower
U-Turn
Stone Edge

Superpower>EQ because Rotom forms lost Ghost type, and it hits shit like Sazandora and Nattorei on the switch. Better than EQ where a ton of pokes are immune.

A shame you can only get daruma mode Hihi after you beat the elite 4....

I won't be able to get one for next weeks torny, not upto the elite 4 yet! :(

All in all Hihidaruma is a fucking boss. Choice Scarf is where he really shines. Encourage FB hits like a fucking truck.

Hihidaruma@Choice Scarf
ABility:Encourage
EVs: 252 Atk/252 Spe/4 Hp
NAture:Jolly

Moves:
Flare Blitz
Superpower
U-Turn
Stone Edge

Superpower>EQ because Rotom forms lost Ghost type, and it hits shit like Sazandora and Nattorei on the switch. Better than EQ where a ton of pokes are immune.
Rock Slide is better than Stone Edge with Encourage, since Stone Edge doesn't get the boost.

Fire Punch with Encourage (the secondary effect is burn) = 75*1.5 = 112.5 bp
Flare Blitz with any ability = 120 bp + recoil

Fire Punch is the obvious winner for any encourage set.

Oh really? Stone Edge doesn't get the boost? What a shame. OH well, might as well use Rock Slide since its stronger now. Plus better accuracy. Also Dr.Sawbones, Flare Blitz is boosted, as it says in the SmogonAttackDex, that Flare Blitz has a 10% chance of burning. Serebii only posts In-Game descriptions of the move. Flare Blitz is the better move than Fire Punch.FLARE BLITZ MOVE

I dunno how many attacks Daruma mode can survive at just 50%, but... ChestoRest seems like it would be alright with Belly Drum. Pretty much guaranteed to start the next turn at 100% since it's pretty much always going to be going last in that mode, and with that much Atk you wouldn't even need Flare Blitz - Fire Punch works perfectly fine on Bellyzard after all. Something like Belly Drum/Rest/Fire Punch/Earthquake seems like it would work well. I'm not really sure of the EVs though, since I have no idea if you would need any HP in Durama mode to get the Rest off.

The only problems really are the stuff that outspeed it (para support?) and the fact that if it goes below 50% it's pretty much neutered... but I think if you really wanted to use Belly Drum, that would probably be the best way to pull it off. Takes a lot of team support though, so I dunno.

You revert to normal Hihidaruma if you go above 50%, so if you rest you'll have paper defenses again until you go back down to half.

I may not have a very good understanding of what Daruma Mode can do but I think it's more of a gimmick than anything.

1) What good is Daruma Mode Hihidaruma as a wall if it only does it well at half its HP? If you want something near 105/105/105, look at any of the BST 600 legends or bulky mons like Swampert. If you want something with base 140 SpA look at Shanderaa. If you want something with both... look at a <50% Hihidaruma who has a bunch of common weaknesses and shit speed.

2) If you're planning to do anything between 100% and 50% you'll have to be carrying something like Fire Punch + Flamethrower. Which means you either lower your defences or your speed; the former contradicts Daruma Mode and the latter contradicts pre Daruma Mode. Or you can go all physical and hit off base 30 Atk when trying to wall stuff. Or you can go all special with Flamethrower and Grass Knot for coverage and nothing to do when you first get in apart from trying to lose HP ASAP.

3) I would rather use Encourage and > everything.

You revert to normal Hihidaruma if you go above 50%, so if you rest you'll have paper defenses again until you go back down to half.
You miss the point there. The idea is to Rest back up to full HP BECAUSE you revert back. Because then you've gathered +6 Atk to use with base 140 Atk... at that point you aren't looking for taking hits, since you'd kill just about anything that stood in your way. And you'd be back to normal speed.

^ I think it's like you can Belly Drum into Daruma Mode and much survive any hit thanks to godly defences. Then you can Rest up back into non Daruma Mode and begin rampaging. Unfortunately I think the SR weak and loss of coverage will hurt it badly.

If that's the case, why not just use Encourage? You're not trying to stay in Daruma Mode since you're going to rest ASAP, so the increased defenses won't be accomplishing much. The low speed will probably force you to take one more hit than you would've if you had the 95 base speed, so that kind of cancels out the defenses.

the problem is that he is not fast enough without scarf/salac. sitting at base 95 speed with all kinds of pokemons that got 100+ base speed out there is not exactly good, specially when most of the time they got a move that can rip more then 50% from you, if not ohko outright thus forcing you back into daruma mode while you fight back with a base 30 atack.

stick with encourage please.

Yeah, as I said originally the speed is the biggest issue. If it could outpace more than Belly Drum would be much more useful, but as it stands I'm just not seeing it.

The point of using Daruma > Encourage was pretty much meant as a safer way of being able to get Belly Drum off without instantly failing to every priority move ever. It was just about the best use of Belly Drum I could see, but clearly the move itself is just too dangerous to use lol

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)