DAWSONS THREAD

You have three pokemon that can be decimated by Specs Jolteon, four if it's toting Shadow Ball, which it usually is. Snorlax can maybe take Jolteon, but if it gets taken out you're done, since Aerodactyl will probably already be gone. If you're not opposed tousing newer pokemon replacing Dragonite with Flygon might be a good idea as it will give you a Rotom/Joltoen counter.

Flygon@Choice Scarf
Adamant
EVs: 252 Atk/4 Spd/252 Spe
-Earthquake
-Outrage
-U-Turn
-Fire Blast

you may find that a Flygon will provide you with some key resistances and will help to counter many threats to your team. Hope that helps!

Well, four of the Pokemon on your team can be beaten by a Jolteon, so eh. Also, imo having three Flying types in one team is asking for trouble. I seriously think you should switch out your Gengar with Jolteon.

In my opinion, your Snorlax should have the Impish nature. Just my opinion

And, since you want to stick with the First Generation, I can't really say much for this team. I don't really have time right now. Later I might be able to make more suggestions.

That's it for my comments.

Oh, and ninjaman1515, he can't use Flygon since it's not in the First Generation. But if he could it would be great.

you said you go to Starmie if it's TTar on Aero... that's REALLY dumb. They'll crunch you becuase they know your going to hit it.

I was shocked you didn't start with a Champ lead but Aero sets up SR.

Jolteon >> Snorlax helps with your Jolteon and Suicune problem. HP Ground has a gag can hit incomning Jolteons and Electrivire HARD.

Looks like a nice team and good luck!

Thanks for the comments. I don't need to stick to first gen, whatevers best for the team, I'll do
Lucien, I let Aero die, then hit TTar with Hydropump.

Machamp lead might be a good Idea, I'll try it

Thanks for the comments. I don't need to stick to first gen, whatevers best for the team, I'll do
Lucien, I let Aero die, then hit TTar with Hydropump.
I see.

Then I recommend using the Flygon that ninjaman1515 mentioned. It would be to your advantage to use that.

1) Synergy isn't necesary on aerodactyl, because it's a suicide lead, it'll die anyway.
2) Where are the EV's on Dragonite?
3) Remove Psychic. Psychic doesn't do anything for you. There are a lot of resists for it in the OU metagame, and Hydro pump already provides necessary power. Use Thunderbolt on it if you want to go offensive, or Recover if you want to go defensive. If you opt recover, then tweak your EV's to a more defensive one.
4) Get rid of Energy Ball. It does no use besides hit tyranitar (which doesn't even KO, and most tyranitars outspeed you anyway because they are scarfed) and the odd lategame swampert. Put focus blast or HP fire in it. HP fire is mostly for scizor and other steel types.
5) Careful nature on snorlax.

Your team seems to be mostly weak against setup users such as Agiligross and DDers. Your team is also very weak against electric types such as specs jolteon and rotom. Remedy this using a choice scarfer. Flygon is the best but you apparently like to use a 1st gen team.

Another thing I noticed is that your synergy doesn't make complete sense. You don't have any pokemon to switch into electric attacks, dark attacks or rock attacks. Flygon is immune to electric (and not to mention ground) attacks, and can easily switch into rock attacks. Speaking of rock attacks, your only hope is starmie, and it isn't even defensively orriented. You are weak to scarf tyranitar, who opens huge holes in your team. It looks like you didn't even test this before you put it here, which is one of the rules mind you.

Also, on a less assholish note, don't write in big bold red text forcing everyone to leave a comment. It just makes you look like a total douchebag, lessening the chances of people leaving comments. Also use better grammar and english skills like instead of writing, "Your probably wondering" write, "You're probably wondering"

That is all.

Dark - heres how it would go down...

Aero uses SR.
TTar uses Stone Edge and does 147% - 173.5%. Well... a smart user would...
You send out Starmie
Starmie uses Hydro Pump, and if you don't miss, you do 54% - 64.4% Did you not factor in SS in your calc? you 2HKO, but,
TTar uses Payback / Crunch and does 136.4% - 161.7%.

You lose, plus your out 2 pokemon in the first 2 turns of the game.

1) I debated putting Synergy on him for the same reason, but thought I should as it would make the RMT more uniform, and I didn't think anyone would think about that.
2) I'll post them. It's 252 Atk / 252 Spe, incase I don't get to posting them soon
3) Psychic counters Machamps, and actually does alot more then any other moveset. I've tried Defensive, but like the Sweeper Ev's more
4) Focus Blast is way to innacurate for me. EnergyBall is much more Reliable.
5) Thanks.

Who should Flygon replace? (Dnite I'm assuming)
I do have a big Electric weakness, which I noticed through testing on Shoddy. Thats why I posted, to find holes in my team, hoping people would help me out with it. I also needed a Rock, and Dark counter. As well as Suicine and Jolteon counter.

The First Gen thing was mainly just for more views, instead of my title being "Rate My Team Please." I thought more people would look at it.

Lucien, my Starmie has one hit every TTar I've encountered (at least when it doesn't miss) from what I remember

Azelf
- Taunt, then SR. After Aero is
KO'd Starmie can KO it with Hydropump
uh, if azelf attacks first turn then it can kill aero with sash intact then kill starmie with explosion. if you are ok with starting 4-5 with rock advantage i guess thats fine.

"Starmie uses Hydro Pump, and if you don't miss, you do 54% - 64.4% Did you not factor in SS in your calc?"
Offensive T-tar are very often ohko'd by LO STAB hydro pump, it does 83.2% - 98.5%. with SR up its 95.7%-111% damage. (299 spa starmie using 120 power hydro pump vs 341/354 T-Tar)

Flygon should replace Dragonite.

And that's one Electric counter right there.

Your Starmie should take out most Rock types...excpet for Scarfed Tyranitar. Its Crunch could do a lot of damage. I would suggest Kingdra in the place of Gyarados.

Kingdra @ Chesto Berry
Ability: Swift Swim
EVs: 48 HP / 96 Atk / 80 Def / 120 SpD / 164 Spe
Adamant nature (+Atk, -SpA)
- Dragon Dance
- Rest
- Waterfall
- Outrage

DD as much as you can, then use Rest to restore health. The Chesto Berry would wake it up.

From here it is pretty much self-explanatory, Waterfall and Outrage are for STAB. I would recommend using Outrage late-game, and Waterfall early- or middle-game.

Hope this helps ;)

Thanks for the very helpful tips, I'll be sure to try those out.
Jechen, my starmie has Life Orb. Did you factor that in?

Thanks for the very helpful tips, I'll be sure to try those out.
Jechen, my starmie has Life Orb. Did you factor that in?
Yes i did. on Azelf it has sash so it will never die in one hit, and the ones without sash are either faster or colbur berry, and those dont die either with the HP investment. personally i would just explode and not risk losing speed tie if i were in that position. on T-tar you get the OHKO most of the time if you have rocks up, no idea wtf Lucien is calculating.

Thanks for pointing that out, I changed it.

So you guys are saying I should have:
Aerodactyl
Flygon
Kingdra
Starmie
Gengar
Snorlax?

Thanks, I'll try that out.
I really appreciated the tips.

Oh, and on the Flygon I should have Fire Blast with Adamant nature? Or should I go niave, with some EV's in special Attack
(Adamant was recommended by ninjaman)
So does his set look alright?

Not sure if anyone has mentioned this yet but aero learns whirlwind, so (even though they're rare) it can phaze soundproof pokes too. Also use focus blast over energy ball on gengar, the accuracy might be a bitch but without it ur not doing much yo ttar in the sand.

Threat list
Green is easy
Orange can be a threat
Red is a big threat
- Swampert 2HKO's it with Stone Edge
- Swampert sets up SR, then 2HKO's it.
-
Kingdra can scare it out and DDance on the switch
-
Celebi can Psychic it, and if its put to sleep to sleep Naturual Cure will heal it so it can back in. All my Pokemon except Swampert and Snorlax outspeed it. But behind a sub he can get annoying.
- Heatran with Fire Blast
- Heatran with Fire Blast, or Snorlax with Fire Punch
- Swampert with Stone Edge. Heatran with Dragon Pulse
- Heatran can 2HKO it with Fire Blast

- I forgot he's even OU. Heatran with earthpower or Flygon with Earthquake
- Flygon withwith Earth Power, Flygon or Swampert with Earthquake. Earthquake, Swampert with Earthquake.
- Heatran if its gonna outrage, then Dragon Pulse it. If its sent out to counter Heatran the I go to Flygon, and Outrage
- Roar it out if its a lead, if not Heatran or Flygon will OHKO it.
- Flygon can outspeed it and break its sub with any move. Heatran can handle it, but can't switch in on a Focus blast. He's a big threat to my team.

Gengars almost guaranteed to take down 1-2 of my Pokemon
- Swampert with Ice Punch. Heatran or Celebi can hit it and KO it with Special Attacks

- Hp Electric from Heatran, ThunderPunch from Flygon

- Earth Power with Heatran or Celebi. Earthquake from Flygon or Swampert. Kingdra can scare it out and DDance on the switch. Snorlax can also wall his Fire Blast with Thick Fat and Curse because it'll be scared of Earthquake
- Flygon or Heatran with Fire Blast.
- He's a threat to my team, but Celebi can OHKO it with Grass Knot.
- Kingdra with Waterfall, Flygon and Swampert with Earthquake, Heatran and Celebi with Earth Power (or Psychic for Celebi)
- Flygon and Heatrean with Fire Blast, Celebi and Heatran with Earthpower. Flygon and Swampert with Earthquake
- Flygon or Swampert OHKO with Earthquake
- If its locked into Outrage then Heatran and Dragon Pulse. If not Flygon and Outrage can OHKO it.
- Heatran or Flygon with Fire Blast. Swampert and Flygon with Earthquake. Celebi and Heatran with Earth Power
- Celebi OHKO's it with Psychic
- Flygon and Heatrean with Fire Blast, Celebi and Heatran with Earthpower. Flygon and swampert with Earthquake.

- Heatran can switch in on an Ice Shard, and then OHKO it with Fire Blast. He also can't really hurt Swampert, and Swampert can wear him down.
-Heatran or Flygon with Fire Blast. Swampert and Flygon with Earthquake. Celebi and Heatran with Earth Power
- Roar with Swampert. If its a lead it no problem. But a late game Ninjask is definatly a problem (unless it there last pokemon)
- This thing Destroys Swampert. On the First turn I switch to Celebi and if I'm not asleep I use Psychic, it hangs on with Focus sash, then I use another attack to KO it. If Celebi is put to Sleep, I switch to Heatran and Fire Blast it, then Switch back to Celebi to take the Sleep Powder, then Back over to Heatran to Finish it off.
- Depends on what its gonna use. Snorlax can usually wall these things though, and Heatran can KO it with Fire Blast
-Depends on what its gonna use. Snorlax can usually wall these things though, and Heatran can KO it with Fire Blast

-Depends on what its gonna use. Snorlax can usually wall these things though, and Heatran can KO it with Fire Blast

- Heatran with Earth Power or Fire Blast (Earth Power incase they have Heatran) Flygon can also Fire blast it, Snorlax can Fire Punch it.
- Heatran or Flygon with Fire Blast.

- Roar with Swampert

- Set up on it with Kingdra, or Roar it out with Swampert. Snorlax. can set up on it. As a last resort Heatran can explode on its unboosted defenses.

- Energy Ball with Celebi.
- Psychic with Celebi. Swampert and Flygon with Earthquake. Celebi and Heatran with Earth Power

- Stone Edge with Flygon
- Earth Power with Heatran, Earthquake with Flygon, Earthquake with Swampert, Energy Ball with Celebi, DDance and Waterfall with Kingdra.
- Heatran. Snorlax and Kingdra can also set up on it and KO it.

-Energy Ball with Celebi. Snorlax can wall it, and boost up. Kingdra can also set up on it

- Weavile can hit 4 of my pokemon for super effective hits, but he can't

do much to Kingdra. He's never really been a threat, but he could.
- Snorlax can set up on it, Heatran can come in on a Heat Wave and KO Zapdos with Fire Blast

Definitely use focus blast on gengar. This is actually a pretty good team, you should post your stats with it soon. BTW, it's Gyarados might do well here...

jc104

Humblest person ever
is a Top Contributor Alumnus
I think your Flygon needs max speed and a Jolly nature, so run a spread of 252atk 4def 252spe. With no speed investment it is outrun by the sweepers it is expected to revenge kill (Gyarados, Dragonite), and a Jolly nature ensures a tie with other Scarf Flygon and Scarf Jirachi. Also, I would recommend U-turn over Fire Blast, as it provides excellent scouting (if the opponent switches you get to switch afterwards having noted their switchin.)

Kingdra has an inefficient spread. A spread with more investment in HP and less in the defenses gives better overall defensive ability. However, I would suggest that you run 144hp 160atk 40spdef 164spe. This spread gives much greater offensive power, and still lets you avoid the 2HKO from LO Starmie's and +1 lefties Suicune's Ice Beam (turning both into great setup bait).

Finally I think that your team is reasonably fast, bar Snorlax who is outrun by even paralysed opponents after a curse or two, so Paralysis support from Celebi is unnecessary. I would suggest HP Fire instead, in order to OHKO Scizor, who could give celebi some problems, as well as hitting other Grass-types hard. Finally, you might want to consider running Recover over one of your moves, since Celebi plays an important defensive role for your team as well as offensive.

You should add 4 EVs to either HP or defense on Heatran and Celebi, or perhaps attack on heatran to slightly boost explosion.

Good luck.

ginganinja

It's all coming back to me now
is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Got yuour VM
Well there is no much to say really since the team is looking pretty good. Still I have a few nitpicks to offer you.

Drop Earthpower on Celebi for Recover. Earthpower is realy only hitting Heatran and kingdra really appreciates the free switch in to Heatran to set up. Recover lets you last longer and thus check more threats.

Run Chesto Berry over Lum berry. This mamy seem silly but the fact is that since you run Rest any other status condition that Kingdra gets will get healed by rest. You also don't want your "free heal" stratigy screwed by a random status move. Thus Chestor berry works better.

Thats it realy however I do have one possibale suggestion for you to think about. I observe that Gengar is quite an issue to this team so I was wondering is a CM + Wish Jirachi will help fix that issue. I was thinking of it over Celebi since Jirachi still gets STAB on Psychic and can check Bulky Waters with Thunderbolts. Its just an idea though for you to bear in mind if Gengar is difficult for your team since I can see it comming on on ground moves and Snorlax and getting a free SUb or Something.

Have a Nice Day!

I would highly consider the use of a Strong Pursuit user such as CB Weavile to eliminate any of those pesky Ghost types that will just wall the hell out of your Snorlax. This would also give you a priority move to smack those Dragons down with, that is if Heatran goes down. I don't really know where he could fit in you could use him over Flygon as he has priority and packs a lot of power.

Weavile @ Choice Band
Jolly Nature
252 Attack/ 252 Speed/ 4 HP

Ice Shard (As explained above.)
Pursuit (Bye-Bye Ghosts)
Low Kick (Take cares of the ever popular Heatran and Tyranitar)
Ice Punch/ Night Slash (Depending on which STAB you want)

Also I would consider using a much different Snorlax set, especially if you want it to late game sweep. This set will allow you to come in and set-up on anything that is not Banded or already heavily set up.

Snorlax @ Leftovers
Thick Fat
Impish
252 HP/ 252 Defence/ 4 Special Defence

Stockpile
Belly Drum
Rest
Body Slam

This set will allow you to sweep a whole team once their Ghost is gone (It is especially good late game when they have weakened Pokemon). The idea is to come in and set up your Stockpiles, once you have done so or when you need to Rest off the damage. Then when you wake up Belly Drum and either rest up or proceed to sweep their team. Alternatively if you have your stockpiles up and have enough HP to Belly Drum and then rest then do so, just beware of crits.

thanks for the comments ginganinja and lolaser.
Intresting Snorlax set, I'll have to give it a try.

The problem with with replaces Flygon with Weavile is that it makes 3 of my pokemon weak to fighting

I like your use of Snorlax. He's a pretty underrated Pokemon.

If you DO replace him with T-Tar, I'd recommend Babiri Berry over Leftovers. It takes advantage of some of Tyrannitar's counters, like Jirachi and Scizor. In the new metagame, I gues Shuca Berry could work too. I've always found the ability to just plough through "counters" to be a far bigger boon than Lefties. It also lets you fake Scarf/Band, which is always nice.

I do really like using Snorlax. He's made so many come backs.
But Tyranitar would work on the team just as good.

Very good point on Tyranitar. I use to run Yache Berry Dragonite, and that saved me so many times.
Thanks!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)