NOC Deathnote NOC Mafia - GAME OVER, Postgame in #714

Status
Not open for further replies.

pancake

movement and location
is a Contributor Alumnus
Stop talking to me. "Because someone thinks i'm scum, there's no chance they are town." is not why you're scum, acid would fit that bill even better than you. Now stop talking to me because you're scum (moody still could be but less likely for reasons).
Vote pancake

Head is telling me to stick to my guns on moody but pancake's first couple posts itt were nearly as bad as ag's, and his last post just removed the thing keeping him as possible town for me.
what is this then

Josh

=P
is a Team Rater Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
what is this then
I had a reason to tr you. You took it away in that post. Scumreading me does not apply to you exclusively and you aren't stupid enough to believe that so this whole conversation is reassuring me you're scum which is a relief because I have xonvincing reasons to scumread moody too.

Asek

Banned deucer.
yeah constantly explaining your posts with 'im not going to explain myself but you guys should still mindlessly sheep me' isnt going to work today

Asek

Banned deucer.
Gronkasaurus Rex what do you think about hitmonleet vs josh and when the inevitable flip happens on either of them who is light? I'm going to work now but consider this an open question to all players in the game. I have some interactions to read through when I find some time for myself.

TIME TO DO ANOTHER ONE OF THESE FUCKIN VOTECOUNTS

Josh (6): Asek, pancake, acidphoenix, Hitmonleet, Haruno, Mithril

pancake (2): MoodyCloud, Josh
Hitmonleet (1): King_

Deadline is in less than 12 hours

Haruno

Skadi :)
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Someone not josh give an actual reason to not lynch josh plz.

Now since we put that tangent aside, what are our respective night actions? Since at this point having everyone acting independently is kinda fucking retarded so it's best to have some semblence of a plan in play

Identity exchanger => swaps with hitmonleet if josh flips scum. If he does flip town, then in all likelyhood asek/hitmonleet are the two remaining scum and we'll work on that.
Janitor => targets myself since I'm fine being lynched tomorrow if we do not get a definitely hold on light.
Cop => make a judgment call or if not go for the default of if josh flips scum target king, and if he flips town target asek.
Tracker/watcher can make a judgment call but it'd be really hard for either of them to call light/hooker out even if they do track successfully.
Merlin = vanillager at this point that gives mafia a +1 if killed
BG => target who you think merlin is

zzzz have fun lads.

Haruno

Josh gets lynched :
Flips town - oh damn we lynch hitmon + no more material from the only actual person who actually tried day 1 that is still alive.
Flips scum - oh now we believe hitmon + dead sombra

Hitmon gets lynched:
Flips town - If he's Merlin , he didn't really fucking help anyways
Flips scum - one less scum to worry about
This is a fucking retarded analysis by the way.

Haruno

unvote
vote hitmonleet

nvm just realized king is most likely cop seeing as how he's playing like a dumbshit and insisting so much on josh which would make no sense otherwise b/c there's no other reason to insist on his innocence so hard. Why the fuck would cop target a merlin claim is beyond me, also aligns well with josh claiming he got inspected at the start of day 2. Why am I fine saying king is cop? b/c identity exchanger will do some magic on that ass. King_ have fun. Leaning towards hitmon + asek scum team.

Wew lads.

Hey : )

Sorry.

Man I don't know.
I was also paranoid because things didn't add up. I'm just gonna talk about all the things I find weird and will keep checking periodically till I sleep (though I have to do some stuff for an hour and a bit after this). I know it's quite late to reverse the lunch or anything but I do want to talk about it.

• I guess hitmonleet's start of day post -kind of- makes sense if they're merlin and it's Josh, twin, asek and ag in their PM? I don't know why you wouldn't press a fake merlin claim harder though?

• Also irked me that they didn't just affirm that they were merlin at that point rather than 'it is as you say'?

• why the heck was Josh so adamant that they'd been inspected?

• twin knew that Josh was fakeclaiming (as he was disguise artist and Josh didn't list them), so why would they target Josh? Maybe twin thought he'd hit up Josh and either reveal that they were lying or confirm they were town but that target seems so risky.

• On Josh, man the aura guardian vs Josh is hard to see scum v scum. I'm Josh-sided on this one because I also thought that ag's vote of hitmonleet was by far the scummiest post in the thread, though I didn't push it nearly as much. Of course there's like "he KNEW ag was scum" - maybe I'll check back to see if there is evidence for that.

• why did ag push hitmonleet? Seems so out of place, and with ag getting lynched at that point why vote him if hitmonleet is town? Why if scum? Maybe so that we ask this q....

• is it actually possible that texas' pm said someone other than Josh/hitmonleet? (Really someone other than Josh? - because then that gives more validity to what Josh is saying - or that what he's saying is true)

• Another question I don't want to spec too much on but basically is that has Josh lied multiple times (more than one lie rather than the same lie multiple times) about role etc.?

• haven't digested all that Mithril has posted but they've seemed to flip on the idea that hitmonleet can't be merlin

• has hitmonleet been coached through answers?

I want to hear more from asek talking about hitmonleet's start of day post and also reads post (pg. 8 iirc - my phone is messing up so it's hard to quote). What do you think about them? I want you to think hard rather than just Josh = scum because I am struggling.
Asek; I think it would be hitmonleet + pancake/mithril but if it was Josh, I don't really know. There's "way too obv" King_ but I can see a Knight/King_, ag, Josh team doing that. Other than that I don't know, prob not pancake cause I think twin wouldn't have targetted them.

I think more it's hitmonleet scum because of the ag stuff and some of the stuff in Hitmonleet's game can be addressed by daychat whereas question marks about Josh scum don't have as clear answers (but I realise occam's razor and the reverse is probably true of town scenario's - as in it's easier to explain hitmonleet town than Josh) but I'm so full of self-doubt and I do keep turning on this. And I REALLY want to hear Josh's answer to my q. v below!

Anyway Josh if you're around; when did you know texas was percival? Please answer if you can! It's important!

p-edit: Haruno will look at your plan but just basic skim, but I don't think bg can't target merlin.

Bye : )

Haruno

my b. BG should target whoever the fuck they want in that case as long as it's not obvious mafia.

Also I refuse to believe that anyone can go from editing/deleting posts (see literally first page), to still shit posts (pretty much every post up till now) to this beauty http://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/deathnote-noc-mafia-day-2.3591164/page-21#post-7170666. Someone has to be coaching him since otherwise he has shown more improvement in a week than players here have done in a year, I'm more likely to believe the former though. Quentin should not be held as a potential proof that he played mafia since OC and NOC are two very diff ballgames.

Haruno

actually BG target king since he's more than likely cop at this point. Identity exchanger can hit king up as well if they want if they're confident in merlin being unknown.

my b. BG should target whoever the fuck they want in that case as long as it's not obvious mafia.

Also I refuse to believe that anyone can go from editing/deleting posts (see literally first page), to still shit posts (pretty much every post up till now) to this beauty http://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/deathnote-noc-mafia-day-2.3591164/page-21#post-7170666. Someone has to be coaching him since otherwise he has shown more improvement in a week than players here have done in a year, I'm more likely to believe the former though. Quentin should not be held as a potential proof that he played mafia since OC and NOC are two very diff ballgames.
I think I should address this post here. Yes, I came in here without pretty much any experience and one goal in mind: Not die. With that in mind, I wanted to get people not to lynch, so that I could sort the scum from the village. Unfortunately, people read that the wrong way. As such, to avoid revealing my identity, I tried to not be too prevalent with pushing those I read as scum, because I thought the repercussions would be greater than the benefits. Josh claiming Merlin made me pretty sure he was either scum or town trying to distract Mafia from the real Merlin, and in either case, it would work out, and I would probably survive the night. With Josh's admitting he lied about his role, his floundering, and Asek forcing my hand, I had to speak up. As such, now, I can be blunt, and stop with the vague, sometimes stupid posts, since I'm going to die tonight. I'd like us to figure this out quickly, considering the Mafia will get at least 2 more guesses (unless they bungle the about 1/22 chance with the IE).

Tl;Dr: I wasn't improving, I was acting stupid to avoid the Mafia.

Asek

Banned deucer.
unvote
vote hitmonleet

nvm just realized king is most likely cop seeing as how he's playing like a dumbshit and insisting so much on josh which would make no sense otherwise b/c there's no other reason to insist on his innocence so hard. Why the fuck would cop target a merlin claim is beyond me, also aligns well with josh claiming he got inspected at the start of day 2. Why am I fine saying king is cop? b/c identity exchanger will do some magic on that ass. King_ have fun. Leaning towards hitmon + asek scum team.

Wew lads.
Can you stop theorizing on roles and work with what is confirmed in the percival flip? If the roles in texas pm arent josh and hitmonlee his play late yesterday makes literally 0 sense. If the fact that texas basically did everything short of outright stating that josh and hitmonleet were his targets is lost on anyone in this game please go back and read my first big post. I think i proved it pretty clearly that it is the situtation. If josh was merlin he died last night, and if he isnt then he is the mafia hooker from the way texas was acting yesterday. Town needs to work with what we have confirmed right now, not what we are theorizing. In what world does cop target a merlin claim last night? Please think about the likelihood of where a cop would actually go last night before proposing things that a cop would never do. I am much more likely to say this is king_'s relative inexperience at NOC where hes placing a higher emphasis on rhetoric then what has actually occured.

Do you want to know why exactly I was suspicious of josh yesterday which lead to me analysing yesterday to reach the conclusions i did today? His whole rhetoric this game has been based around town trusting and sheeping him, with the belief being you should trust what he is saying because 'he knows it'. Do you not recognize how dangerous this line of thinking is? If you aren't thinking for yourself in a NOC you have already lost. You are unable to analyse things like the percival play yesterday to see yes, things definitely do not add up here at all. Think about how willingly you were all following what josh was saying until I posted today. Does that seem like a constructive way to ensure a town victory, having one guy calling the shots and everyone else mindlessly voting with them? No, and it is almost certain to lead to town losing due to sheeping a scum. To finally concrete himself as a town leader you should all sheep he bussed his own teammate in to finally secure that people wouldnt question what he was saying today.

Josh's merlin claim was either an extremely poor town play considering A_G was already being lynched or a mafia play that has worked extremely well. Please think about how badly that play has impacted town and how little sense it makes for the ACTUAL MERLIN (note: he can only be one of the 2 here) to do what josh did late yesterday. If people are still not seeing how josh is scum when I've laid out clearly how this is the case, and mithrils analysis of hitmonleet_ shows strong merlin signalling throughout his reads and play day 1, then I'm not sure what to say.

Also stop trying to publicly direct roles. Im beginning to seriously doubt that you are town considering how many bad town plans you are pushing only to go 'well derp' when someone points out that they are objectively bad.

Asek

Banned deucer.
also lol at someone not being able to develop as a player during a game. This is hitmonleets first NOC as far as i know, so obviously hes only going to get better as the game goes on, not to mention people have been prodding him and getting him to post what he should be, and he is analysing what is good play so far to see how he should be posting himself. That point is incorrect on many levels.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)