Deoxys-D

If you posted that about two weeks ago, I would have agreed. I've used that set a ton since I found out about and I've made a lot of changes to it and found its flaws. The main issue I found with that set is that you're complete setup fodder for things like CM Landorus, DD Zard, Mega Pinsir, etc. The reason with that is because you lack Taunt as one of your main moves. I would prefer the set being SR | Spikes | Thunder Wave | Taunt.

From my experience you don't really need to lure out Bisharp and beat it with Superpower since you're able to get up two layers on it for two reasons. First, more Bisharps are running BlackGlasses or Assault Vest to be a better check to the Latis and secondly you can change the EVs around to be able to survive a LO Adamant Knock Off and get up two layers. As for Aegislash, I've only had the opportunity to use Mirror Coat once in all my testing of it. On top of that why bother trying to lure out Aegislash when Bisharp is almost always paired with Deo-D.

With that said this does need some revamping. I would remove Red Card from the first set and make Mental Herd the only item. It's redundant considering you already have both Taunt and Thunder Wave to stop setup sweepers. Mental Herb is much more useful as it helps with Taunt users like Thundurus, Sash Terrakion and Mega Gardevoir. I would also change the set to this one:

Deoxys (Deoxys-D) @ Mental Herb
Trait: Pressure
EVs: 248 HP / 72 Def / 188 Spd
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Stealth Rock
- Spikes
- Taunt
- Thunder Wave

The EVs allow you to like an Adamant Life Orb Knock Off from Bisharp and be able to setup SR + 1 Spike. You don't really need to run max speed since you every other SR lead is faster than you (Garchomp, Mamoswine, Terrakion) and since Breloom is becoming more popular this is a good benchmark to hit.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)