Desert Rose

Desert Rose
Introduction
One day I decided to do a team, and I wanted it was a sandstorm based team. There are two Pokémon that can make the sandstorm is in the field permanently: Tyranitar and Hippowdon. I preferred to Tyranitar, because I wanted the team had more offensive style.

Since my team had sandstorm and I wanted it to be offensive, I needed a sand abuser. And what better Excadrill?

A sand abuser is good but it is better to have two. My team is weak to ground and fight, and needed resistance. Here Landorus suited to what we wanted and gave me strength not only to those, and it gives me immunity to Earth.

It is obvious that this team needs help with water-type attacks and wanted to put more entry hazards sweepers to help make your function. Ferrothorn adapted to the requirements asked for so I decided to add it to the team

I Had 2 hazards (Spikes and Stealth Rock) and if you do not have a antispinner, a spinner would ruin the work of Ferrothorn and Tyranitar. Jellicent is the perfect assistant for Ferrothorn (and vice versa), so I decided to add

Finally needed a special sweeper, and I chose Latios

In depth

Tyranitar♂(Reptile)@Leftovers
Trait: Sand Stream
Sassy nature (+SDef,-Spd)
Ev spread: 252 HP, 180 SAt, 76SDef
-Stealth Rock
-Ice Beam
-Fire Blast
-Crunch
Standard set of Tyranitar. He is usually the team lead by two rather obvious reasons: to introduce Stealth Rock and Sandstorm soon. It is very important for the team alive for as long as possible, if not until the possible climate-inducing rival, dies. If sandsotrm is in the field in lategame (and sandabusers) I have a good chance of winning. Tyranitar also serves to eliminate two very annoying pokemon for my team: Ferrothorn and Gliscor, who tend to stay in the field(rather, they tended to stay, because this set is the standard and everyone knows it has Ice Beam and Fire Blast). He also helps with Scizor (used recklessly), Skarmory, Dragonite and especially Latios.

Excadrill♀(Laggan)@Air Balloon
Trait: Sand Rush
Jolly nature(+Spd,-SAt)
Ev spread: 252 At, 252 Spe, 4 HP
-Swords Dance
-Eartquake
-Rock Slide
-X-Scissor
One of the 2 sandabusers. What to say about this beast? Access to Swords Dance, EdgeQuake combo, which gives me perfect coverage (not really EdgeQueake, since it has Stone Edge, but has rockslide), X-Scissor, and even ClawSharpen. There's just get it out to force a change and take advantage to use Swords Dance and then attack with one of his 3 attacks as conveniente.Without Gliscors and Skarmorys, and above all having sandstorm and having used a Swords Dance can kill an entire team . Ev standard spread to maximize their attack and speed. With Air Ballon he has more options to set up Swords Dance.

Landorus♂(Mustachioed)@Choice Scarf
Trait: Sand Force
Naive nature(+Spd,-SDef)
Ivs: 30 At, 30 Def
Evs: 252 Spe, 252 At, 4 SAt
-U-turn
-Stone Edge
-Earthquake
-Hidden Power [Ice]
The second sandabuser team. It covers pretty well the weaknesses of Excadrill except water (which are responsible Ferrothorn and Jellicent). Earthquake and Stone Edge received a power boost thanks to Sand Force U-Turn to scout and ultimately Hidden Power [Ice], to kill Gliscor. Choice Scarf to be faster,ev spread standard and 4 evs on SAt to HP[Ice] do a little more damage

Ferrothorn♂(Cachiporra)@Leftovers
Trait: Iron Barbs
Relaxed nature(+Def,-Spe)
Ev's: 252 HP, 48 Def, 208 SDef
-Spikes
-Leech Seed
-Power Whip
-Gyro Ball
Supporter of the team. Put one of the two entry hazards of equipment and synergy with Jellicent ago. Thanks to him the team is stronger and resists shock very well. Life Leech Seed to recover and take the opponent some life. Gyro Ball takes advantage of its speed to almost zero for BulkyWaters PowerWhip attack and also has enough power and helps me a lot. It really helps to Jellicent, and overall the team

Jellicent♀(Pringles)@Leftovers
Trait: Water Abosrb
Bold nature(+Def,-At)
Ev's: 248 HP, 216 Def, 44 Spe
-Will-O-Wisp
-Taunt
-Recover
-Scald
Along Ferrothorn forms the defensive core. Jellicent is weak to Electric and Dark, however,Ferrrothorn resists it. Ferrothorn, is weak to Fighting and Fire, but Jellicent resists it. With Will-O-Wisp cripples the physical sweepers, Taunt to prevent movement of state, entry hazards, etc.. Recover, recover and Scald to attack and not be vulnerable to Taunt

Latios♂(Jet)@Choice Specs
Trait: Levitate
Timid nature(+Spe,-At)
Iv's: 30 At, 30 SAt, 30 Spe
Ev's: 252 Spe, 252SAt, 4 HP
-Trick
-Draco Meteor
-Surf
-Hidden Power[Fire]
The special team's sweeper. One of the best hard hitters of OU. Draco Meteor as main attack because of its great power. Surf and HP [Fire] for coverage. Trick to cripple walls like Blissey, Skarmory.etc
At a glance

Possible Changes
-Rapid Spin in Excadrill instead of X-Scissor
-Change the set Landorus to Swords Dance or Rock polish
-Change HP Fire by Thunderbolt in Latios

Great team.I am only concerned with t-tar moveset.you can change it a little bit.I suggest to use Superpower over Ice beam so you can hit opposing tyranitars and because most gliscor will not change in you thinking that you have ice beam.Also Landorus and Latios are very good counter to it.Also Pursuit>Crunch because you can lock the Lati@s and killing them.

You have alot of trouble with hard-hitting physical attackers, such as Terrakion and opposing Excadrill. Try running Gliscor over Landorus - this means you only have one sandstorm abuser but Scarf Landorus' speed isn't needed if you're running Excadrill, the fastest Pokemon in OU under sand. Glis can still act offensively by using Swords Dance to boost its respectable attack, while performing well defensively using its great typing and bulk.

Gliscor @ Toxic Orb | Poison Heal | Impish | EVs: 244 HP / 176 Def / 88 Spe
Swords Dance | Protect | Earthquake | Ice Fang

Protect is necessary to abuse Poison Heal recovery, ensuring you'll stick around alot longer. It also scouts choice users such as opposing Specs Latios. As for the EVs, 244 HP gives a Poison Heal number for maximum HP regained; 176 Defense hits a bonus point; and 88 Spe outruns other Gliscor. With this change your team looks extremely solid, good luck.

Why would you name your female Jellicent 'Pringles'? if it were male.. i'd get it but, female... it just dosen't make any sence o_o

Cool team but i see a lot of deblities at: BallonMole, and the defesne skarmbliss. the rest off the team its nice but danger with the spiners, and magnezone subcharge

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)