Desperate need of double battle help :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey guys
Okay so this is actually my second post here now as i put one in the wrong spot and was redirected here and yeah basically i need help with a double battle team for Heart Gold i have no idea if this is the right place to post but let's just hope so.. :)
I know my way around single battles and things but i've decided i want to try out some doubles i have NO idea what to use as my team or anything like that at all so yeah any help would be appreciated :)
My current team atm is Starmie, Scizor, Arcanine and Ampharos which was purely just to get through the game lo

This forum is for the VGC championships, and I don't think that this is what you are looking for. I think that there is a thread on the Stark Mountain part about double battles you could check out.

If the team is for vgc (vidoe game championships) it should be here. You need ev trained stuff with good ivs if you expect to get very high. Real advice is impossible without descriptions......

As Aqueos said it is for VCG and yeah I know all about EVs and IVs and can easily deal with them. I'm also not worried about using any of those 4 in my actual team but if they can be used that's just a bonus :P. Anyway I've read some double battle guides but can't really find anything good. So I've just come here to get some advice on an efficient double battle team :) cheers in advance if you can help

Ok, then. Well, pretty much ignore most of the stuff concerning double battles because none of them are about the VGC's. The problem with the VGC's is that now you have to deal with ubers and they are much stronger than the normal Pokémon. The VGC's almost REQUIRE that you have the maximum amount of Ubers in your team. So you need to take this into account. Most of the teams will be centered around weather and taking advantage of that from auto-weather Pokémon, i.e. Groudon, Kyogre, and T-Tar, so take this into account when you build your team. Good luck.

You really need some better pkes though. Otherwise the moment you hit another person from smogon you may be steamrolled.

Like i said i'm not worried about using that team or completely changing it :)
I really just want help on choosing some good mixed pokemon. :)

andrea

/me cresselias
Dude, no one is going to make the team for you. You need to start out with a concept on your own. Watch some YouTube videos of VGC battles, read some old or current VGC RMTs, check out more double battle articles and come up with a central idea that you find interesting. It could be a TR Dialga, a Choiceogre, etc etc- there's no automatic team to conquer the VGCs with.

Once you've tweaked your idea enough, its time for you to a)start battling with it or b)post a complete RMT. People will be able to give you better advice if they know what you're trying to work with.

The best way to get the double battle help that you seem to need is to jump right on in the metagame. If your team gets beat-up by a choiced Giratina, then you end up realizing what weaknesses you have and you can adapt your team to fit those needs.

Not sure if this is an appropriate thread to be in this sub-forum... someone is probably going to tell you to lurk more or something, but hopefully this will encourage you to just keep working on your own. Sadly there is no double battle tutoring program on the site, so you've just got to jump right in and see how you do. ^_^

^godudette has some very good points.

Due to the fact there's not a lot of tutoring and such, your best option is to battle, post in RMT and such. That's really what I would recommend as well. Eventually you'll figure out a team that can adequately handle most (if not all) of the most powerful threats, and prevent some of the smaller more discrete ones from beating your team(s) (such as Shedinja... ugh).

Battle, battle and battle some more until you've worked out a good team strategy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)