NU Ditto

Analysis was given to me by Aerow
Skeleton partly written by him
QC: Soulgazer / Scorpdestroyer / TheCanadianWifier
GP: none yet

Overview
########

Ditto is essentially a one trick pony, though it is amazing at what it does. Ditto's ability Imposter allows it to copy the foe's stat boosts, ability, and moveset upon switching in, while also making Ditto a decent scout. When given a Choice Scarf, Ditto becomes a well-rounded revenge killer, albeit one easily played around.

Imposter
########
name: Imposter
move 1: Transform
move 2:
move 3:
move 4:
ability: Imposter
item: Choice Scarf
evs: 248 HP / 252 Def
ivs: 0 Atk / 30 Def / 1 Spe
nature: Relaxed

Moves
========

Transform is the only move Ditto learns, although it's quite useless because Imposter does the exact same thing as Transform without wasting a turn.

Set Details
========

The EVs are simple: 248 HP EVs are used because HP is the only stat that transfers over after Ditto transforms, and it also hits a Stealth Rock number. 252 EVs are allocated to Defense on the off chance that a Ditto versus Ditto PP stall occurs. A Relaxed nature further improves Ditto's Defense and lowers Speed so that your Ditto will succumb to Struggle recoil later than an opposing Ditto. Setting the Attack IV to 0, Defense IV to 30, and Speed IV to 1 gives Ditto Hidden Power Ice when transforming into a Pokemon with Hidden Power and keeps Ditto's Speed and Attack as low as possible.

Usage Tips
========

The sheer presence of Ditto on your team should keep your opponent cautious when considering using setup sweepers. Watch out for opposing Choice Scarf users, as Ditto can only Speed tie with them and risks taking a lot of damage from an attack. Don't ever directly switch Ditto into an attack, as it is meant to revenge kill, not tank hits. Try to save Ditto for late-game, and don't sacrifice it unless absolutely necessary, as losing a revenge killer can be the turning point of a game, especially if the opponent still has a setup sweeper present. Ditto doesn't have the best matchup against bulkier setup Pokemon like Gurdurr and Musharna, having difficulty KOing them while receiving a huge chunk of damage in return because of its pitiful HP stat.

Team Options
========

All Ditto really needs is to switch in safely. Because of this, Ditto fits really well on teams with slow U-turn, Volt Switch, or Baton Pass users such as Probopass, Lanturn, Musharna, or Xatu, that will get Ditto in safely. Since Ditto usually transforms into a sweeper, entry hazards are appreciated.

Other Options
########

Using any item other than Choice Scarf defeats Ditto's main purpose as a revenge killer, leaving any matchups against opposing setup sweepers to a Speed tie. Running minimum happiness is an option to do more damage with Frustration; however, this greatly lowers the damage output of Return, should Ditto encounter it.

Checks & Counters
########

**Substitute**: If the foe is behind a Substitute, Ditto won't be able to transform. However, this only works if a Substitute is set up before Ditto comes in.

**Happiness variability:** If Ditto locks itself into Frustration with maximum happiness or Return with minimum happiness, the attack will be pitifully weak and cause it to lose the matchup.

**Trick Room**: Trick Room can turn Ditto's Choice Scarf-augmented Speed against it, causing it to move after the foe it has transformed into.

**Choice Scarf Mind Games**: As Ditto's Choice Scarf locks into one move, it can be played around with Pokemon that have proper resistances and immunities to its moves.

**Revenge Killing**: Pokemon faster than a transformed Ditto as well as Pokemon with priority moves can usually pick off Ditto due to its low HP stat.

Last edited by a moderator:

Minus

get a dog little longy, get a dog
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
some things:

overview
you should mention Ditto being able to outspeed and threaten mons that have gotten speed boosts since ditto also copies stat boosts.
you should also mention that a predicted sub can completely dismantle ditto here
it can be used to scout mesprit and archeops and stuff that have 1000+ diff movesets
it's hp stat doesn't change so it's basically ko'd by errythang

usage tips
haven't used ditto myself, but this section seems lacking haha
umm...don't switch ditto into to rk scarfers because it doesn't have the speed advantage anymore
stuff like gatr can just boost on the predicted switchin and rek so play carefully

team options
mention another scarfer to pair up with ditto so you can overwhelm the opponent/use it as back up

CanadianWifier

Run Away With Me
Set Details
========

- Choice Scarf is the only item Ditto should use. Since without a choice scarf
the anticipation is killing me.

also mention maybe in Set details that you can run 0 happiness to take advantage of all the people who now run frustration? I know it'll eventually turn into a 50/50, but it's still worth a line or two imo.

One more thing to possibly mention is how good ditto can be in Trick Room. With Macho Brace, Ditto will outspeed the transformed Pokemon in Trick Room and still be able to use all of its moves.

scorpdestroyer

it's a skorupi egg
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
- mention in overview and checks & counters that your opponent knows Ditto's set so it's quite easy to play around
- mention in usage tips never to switch directly into something, and only ever send it in for a revenge kill
- don't even say you "could" run any other option in OO because it's terrible without scarf. Emphasize this point.

I trust you'll do these, so QC 2/3

the anticipation is killing me.

also mention maybe in Set details that you can run 0 happiness to take advantage of all the people who now run frustration? I know it'll eventually turn into a 50/50, but it's still worth a line or two imo.
this is already in other options :)

also updated with the above (except swagalges mention sorry m8)

Punchshroom

FISHIOUS REND MEGA SHARPEDO
is a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributor
I know this has been QC finished but I have to nitpick things.

Mention why Ditto would want the IVs for HP Grass (Gorebyss).

in Usage Tips, do not, and I mean do not, send in Ditto to revenge bulky boosters (Bulk Up / Calm Mind mons), unless Ditto can KO them immediately. Ditto's poor HP, limited PP, and inability to use recovery and said boosting move puts it at such a massive disadvantage.

Reactions: g

slayerx725232

"to sea, or not to sea" ~Melodramatic Sailor
AM Checks are fun! (Love meh pls horyzhnz ;-;)
Remove Add (Comments)
Overview
########

Ditto is essentially a one trick pony. Butthough it is amazing at what it does. It's ability, Imposter, makes it so that it copies every aspect of the opponent's Pokemon, including stat boosts, ability and moveset on switch in. Slap a Choice Scarf on it and you have a really verstatile revenge killer, albeit predictable.When given a Choice Scarf, Ditto makes a quite well-rounded revenge killer, albeit easily played around. (That sentence seemed a tad meh, just strange. Also *versatile. :p)

Imposter
########
move 2:
move 3:
move 4:
evs: 248 HP / 252 Def (RIP remaining 8 EVs. Not even SpDef'ing them? Eh, I suppose it's a thing if QC lets it be a thing.)
ivs: 0 Atk / 30 Def / 1 Spe (Having the IVs here seems a little weird, would be better mentioned in the Set Details portion, in my opinion, though I'll leave that one to the more experienced GP'ers.)

Moves
========

Transform is the only move Ditto learns, andalthough it's pretty muchquite useless due to Imposter doing the exact same but not takingwithout having to take up a turn.

Set Details
========

The EV's(Capitalize EVs, remove apostrophe.) are simple, 248 HP EVs are used since the HP stat is the only stat that transfers over to the Pokemon Ditto transforms into, as well as hitting a Stealth Rock number. 252 EVs in Defense for the possible Ditto vs Ditto Struggle war situationare allocated into Defense on the offshot of a Ditto vs Ditto PP stall happening. Relaxed nature has been chosen for the same reason as well as lowering speed, which is once again useful for the Ditto war, so that your Ditto is hopefully slower and dying of Struggle recoil later than your opponentA Relaxed nature is given here to also improve Defense, as well as lowering Speed, so that your Ditto will succumb to Struggle recoil later than the opposing Ditto, in the event that it happens.(Seemed kind of choppy, tried making it flow slightly better.) 0 Attack, 30 Defense and 1 Speed IV's(Fully spell out the stats, remove apostrophe.) gives youDitto Hidden Power Ice when Transforming into a Pokemon that has a Hidden Power,(AC) while keeping your Speed and Attack as low as possible.

Usage Tips
========

Just the sheer presence of Ditto on your team should wary your opponentkeep your opponent aware that they should be careful how they isare using histheir set up sweepers.(Grills play Pokemanz too. :p #GenderEquality) Also watch out for opposing Scarfers since Ditto won't have the Speed advantage anymore. Don't ever directly switch Ditto in on something. It is meant to revenge kill, not take hits. Try to save Ditto for late-game and don't sac it unless absolutely necessary, because it makes it makes a huge impact on the game if you lose your revenge-killeras losing a revenge killer can be a vital aspect of a game, especially if the opponent still has a set up sweeper present.

Team Options
========

All Ditto really needs is to switch in safely. Because of this, Ditto fits really well on teams with multiple U-turn/Volt Switch/Baton Pass users and prefers the ones that are slow, like Probopass, Pangoro, Lanturn, Musharna or Xatu, that way Ditto doesn't(Add apostrophe) have to take a hit. After all,(AC) you don't(Add apostrophe) want to let your revenge-killer die on switch in. Since Ditto usually takes the form of a sweeper, hazards are appreciated. You can also pair Ditto up with another scarfer, and try to over (Dat cliffhanger doe. "and try to over" what? Finishing this sentence would be lovely. <3)

Other Options
########

You COULD run any item other than Choice Scarf but that would be a really bad choice. Because thatNot having a Choice Scarf would make any revenge-kill attempt come down to a speed-tie. You could also run(Add space) 0 Happiness to do more damage with Frustration. But then you will do near no damage with ReturnHowever that affects the amount of damage Return would do immensely, supposing the Pokemon you copy is running Return.. It's a 50/50 chance of what move you will encounter.

Checks & Counters (Remove caps.)
########
Ditto is pretty hard to fully counter since it can take any form. But one of the
ways to hinder Ditto is the ability Unburden. Pokemon who have this ability, like Slurpuff, and if it has already used up it's item, it will receive a x2 speed increase. Ditto, however, will still have a Choice Scarf, so Unburden will not activate, so it will only have a 1,5x speed boost, causing Ditto to be slower. If the foe has a Substitute up, Ditto won't be able to transform. This will render Ditto helpless but you need to have a Substitute up before Ditto comes in. If you run Frustration and the Ditto has full happiness, then Ditto won't be able to use Frustration since it will basically be useless. But there might also be a chance that they have 0 happiness. Trick Room can turn Ditto's speed against it, causing it to move later than whatever it has transformed into. Due to Ditto always being locked into one move, it can be taken advantage of with Pokemon that have type immunities if predicted correctly. The same goes for Magic Bounce pokemon if Ditto is not using an attacking move. If you have a faster revenge killer you can revenge-kill Ditto, which will usually be quite easy, due to Ditto's low hp.

(The format down here should be something along these lines:
**Slurpuff**: Having access to Unburden, Slurpuff is able to outspeed Ditto after it has its item removed, regardless of whether or not Ditto is holding a Choice Scarf. Seeing as the Unburden boost is not a physical boost gained, unlike Agility, Ditto would be unable to such a Speed boost and proceed to be outsped.
And things like that, not cluttered all together friend. Please fix dis. ;-;)

Last edited:

Ares

Fool me...can't get fooled again
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
You actually wrote it up, its a MIRACLE!

The overview seems a bit lacking, maybe fatten it up a bit. Everything else looks fine if you implement slayers AM check and fix the formatting in C&C.

Punchshroom

in Usage Tips, do not, and I mean do not, send in Ditto to revenge bulky boosters (Bulk Up / Calm Mind mons), unless Ditto can KO them immediately. Ditto's poor HP, limited PP, and inability to use recovery and said boosting move puts it at such a massive disadvantage.
You did not implement this from last time.

tehy

Banned deucer.
Amcheck

Overview
########

Ditto is essentially a one trick pony, though it is amazing at what it does. It's abilWity,h Imposter, makes Ditto becomeso that it copiesy of the opponent's Pokemon, including its stat boosts, ability and moveset, upon switching in. This also maklets Ditto a decent scout to see what set the opponent'sing pmokvemon haset. When given a Choice Scarf, Ditto makes a well-rounded revenge killer, albeit one easily played around.

Imposter
########
move 2:
move 3:
move 4:
evs: 248 HP / 252 Def
ivs: 0 Atk / 30 Def / 1 Spe

Moves
========

Transform is the only move Ditto learns, although it's quite useless due to Imposter doing the exact same but without having to take up a turn.

Set Details
========

The EVs are simple, 248 HP EVs are used sSince Ditheto's HP stat is the nonly stat thaltered by transfers over mation, the248 HPokemon DittoEVs transbuformsf into up, as whilell as hitting a Stealth Rock number. 252The rest of the EVs and nature mallke yocu ateds physintocally Ddefensive and slow as possible on the offs chot ofance a Ditto vs Ditto PP stall happoccurs, lentting. Ayou Reltaxked naStrurggle iswell giveand here to also improve Defense, as weull asy lowertting Speed, so that your Ditto will usuccumb toe Struggle rsecoilnd later thans the opposing Ditto, fain thes duevent thato recoitl. happenYour IVs. 0 Attack,id 30in Defenthis re ganrd, 1 Spwhileed IVs. givesing Ditto Hidden Power Ice when Transiforming into a Pokcquiremon that has a Hidden Power, while keepving your Speed and Attack as low as Impossiblter.

Usage Tips
========

Just tThe sheer presence of Ditto on your team should makeep your opponent aware that they should be careful of how they are using their set up sweepers. Also wWatch out for opposing Scarfers, since Ditto won't have thea Speed advantage anymorn them. Don't ever directly switch Ditto in on something., as Iit is meant to revenge kill, not take hits. Try to save Ditto for the late- game and don't sacrifice it unless absolutely necessary, as losing a revenge killer can be a VITALvital turning aspecoint of a game, especially if the opponent still has a set up sweeper present. Ditto doesn't have the best matchup against bulky boosters like Gurdurr and Musharna, having trouble witoh KOing them, and Ditto will receive a huge chunk of damage itself because of it's pitiful HP stat.

Team Options
========

All Ditto really needs is to switch in safely. Because of this, Ditto fits really well on teams with multiple U-turn/Volt Switch/Baton Pass/Parting Shot users and, prefers thpecially ones that are slow, like Probopass, Pangoro, Lanturn, Musharna or Xatu, that wayso Ditto doesn't have to take a hit. After all, you don't(Add apostrophe) want to let your revenge-killer die on switch in. Since Ditto usually takes the form of a sweeper, hazards are appreciated. You can also pair Ditto up with another scarfer, and try to overwhelm the opponent. Or it could be used as back up.

Other Options
########

You COULD run0 Hany ppitem other than Choice Scarf but that would be ass really bad choice. Not having a Choice scarf would make any revenge-kDill attempt come down to a speed-tie. You could also run 0 Happiness to do more damage with Frustration. However, that affects the amount of damage Return would do immensely, supposing; the Pokemon you copy is ramounning Return..s It'so a 50/50 chance of what moverall, ysou willt's encount really worth it.

So, an important aspect of transform vis-a-vis ditto v ditto matchups, is transforming on the opposing ditto after it transformed. Assuming you can survive a hit, you can then hopefully revenge, if you win the speed tie.

So the spread should be 248/252/8, with a mention of a spd spread depending on team composition, i.e. weakness to your own spc sweepers or higher proportion of spc sweepers.

By the way, why lower attack? Doing less damage with struggle doesn't actually help, you know?

I purposely shortened the bit about ditto v ditto set details; i did this stuff a lot but specifically here. I feel it looks bad to spend so many words on something so intensely minor.

If you have no ideas for OO items, don't mention it or keep it very short. Maybe mention red card for bulky boosters, but ask a qc about that. Also, no alternate ivs for different hidden powers?

Punchshroom

So, an important aspect of transform vis-a-vis ditto v ditto matchups, is transforming on the opposing ditto after it transformed. Assuming you can survive a hit, you can then hopefully revenge, if you win the speed tie.
Lol this is incredibly risky, if not dumb. Whatever the opposing Ditto has already transformed into is likely to deal a good chunk of damage to Ditto (and likely kill it), and then you're telling me Ditto also needs to win a speedtie? If the opposing Ditto is healthy or has stat boosts which it copied via Imposter, don't even bother sending in your own Ditto.

By the way, why lower attack? Doing less damage with struggle doesn't actually help, you know?
This is more to reduce confusion damage. Struggle damage really doesn't matter, even in the Ditto matchup.

So the spread should be 248/252/8, with a mention of a spd spread depending on team composition, i.e. weakness to your own spc sweepers or higher proportion of spc sweepers. If you have no ideas for OO items, don't mention it or keep it very short. Maybe mention red card for bulky boosters, but ask a qc about that. Also, no alternate ivs for different hidden powers?
Yeah Nozzle missed 8 EVs there. OO seems fine, Red Card does seem interesting enough to be mentioned in OO since it deals with sweepers that Scarf has no chance of handling. Relevant Hidden Power types should also be mentioned, such as Grass, Fire, and Rock, though be sure to mention the according IV spreads for each Hidden Power while maintaining the low Attack and Speed IV.

tehy
Ditto fits really well on teams with multiple U-turn/Volt Switch/Baton Pass/Parting Shot
Ditto would end up copying Parting Shot's stat drops, so I wouldn't actually mention this.

Nozzle Your C&C section is messed up. Check up your formatting by referring to the main page, or other analyses.

tehy

Banned deucer.
Lol this is incredibly risky, if not dumb. Whatever the opposing Ditto has already transformed into is likely to deal a good chunk of damage to Ditto (and likely kill it), and then you're telling me Ditto also needs to win a speedtie? If the opposing Ditto is healthy or has stat boosts which it copied via Imposter, don't even bother sending in your own Ditto.
252 Atk Archeops Stone Edge vs. 248 HP / 252+ Def Ditto: 190-225 (63.5 - 75.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
(190, 193, 195, 198, 199, 202, 204, 207, 208, 211, 213, 216, 217, 220, 222, 225)

As for boosts:

+2 252+ Atk Feraligatr Waterfall vs. 248 HP / 252+ Def Ditto: 271-321 (90.6 - 107.3%) -- 43.8% chance to OHKO
(271, 276, 279, 282, 285, 288, 291, 294, 298, 301, 304, 307, 310, 313, 316, 321)

Of course, you easily survive the DD variant's Waterfall. You can't do much back, of course, so this is not my example of 'something you transform into', but this is ample proof that you can take boosted hits. Archeops is more my example of something you'd actually revenge.

Anyhow, even with the 50/50 speed tie, this is way more relevant than Ditto V Ditto PP stall, the original reason for the EVs, which can only happen on a double death and subsequent double Ditto switch-in. Yes, it's risky, but you don't always have your pick of stuff to stop boosted sweepers, even if they are scarfed, so you might end up having to bite this bullet.

This is more to reduce confusion damage. Struggle damage really doesn't matter, even in the Ditto matchup.
I agree that struggle damage doesn't really matter; i'm just curious why its reduction is being seen as some sort of plus, when it's just a minus. With that said, if there's a better Iv spread, you might as well use it, though i'm willing to acknowledge that, due to the other IVs being great, you might not have a better IV spread than this one overall.

Also, the stats granted by the IVs don't carry over through transformation, so the confusion/struggle damage would only matter if Ditto was untransformed.
Yeah Nozzle missed 8 EVs there. OO seems fine, Red Card does seem interesting enough to be mentioned in OO since it deals with sweepers that Scarf has no chance of handling. Relevant Hidden Power types should also be mentioned, such as Grass, Fire, and Rock, though be sure to mention the according IV spreads for each Hidden Power while maintaining the low Attack and Speed IV.

tehy Ditto would end up copying Parting Shot's stat drops, so I wouldn't actually mention this.
My bad, it's just that he mentioned Pangoro as a teammate, so I filled in Parting Shot without thinking. But on reflection, Pangoro should just be cut out as a teammate mention entirely.

Punchshroom

252 Atk Archeops Stone Edge vs. 248 HP / 252+ Def Ditto: 190-225 (63.5 - 75.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
What's stopping the opposing Ditto from escaping after smacking your Ditto, or hell, pull the same shit on your transformed Ditto? Regardless, playing coinflips should never be included in Ditto's Usage Tips; it's like the whole reason Scarf is the primary item for revenge killing things.

+2 252+ Atk Feraligatr Waterfall vs. 248 HP / 252+ Def Ditto: 271-321 (90.6 - 107.3%) -- 43.8% chance to OHKO
(271, 276, 279, 282, 285, 288, 291, 294, 298, 301, 304, 307, 310, 313, 316, 321)

Of course, you easily survive the DD variant's Waterfall. You can't do much back, of course, so this is not my example of 'something you transform into', but this is ample proof that you can take boosted hits. Archeops is more my example of something you'd actually revenge.
I thought this was already implied, but Ditto makes a very poor response to boosted sweepers if it cannot Imposter them straight away (like Tranformed Ditto or Sub sweepers etc.), since it is very likely they will simply overwhelm Ditto before it gets a chance to Transform.

I agree that struggle damage doesn't really matter; i'm just curious why its reduction is being seen as some sort of plus, when it's just a minus. Also, the stats granted by the IVs don't carry over through transformation, so the confusion/struggle damage would only matter if Ditto was untransformed.
Pretty much. If Transformed, max Attack IVs don't help Ditto much, but if not Transformed, Struggle damage increases (highly irrelevant) while confusion damage increases (more relevant, since Ditto needs all the HP it can get). It's still not that big of a plus, but max Attack IVs do even less for Ditto.

tehy

Banned deucer.
What's stopping the opposing Ditto from escaping after smacking your Ditto
Oh shit, that sweeper that apparently had me over a barrel (since i had to resort to a speed tie to defeat it) switched out and lost its boosts! I'm in a bad situation now...

, or hell, pull the same shit on your transformed Ditto?
Who cares if it does? You already accepted a coinflip if you were trying to revenge a ditto with another ditto, right?

Regardless, playing coinflips should never be included in Ditto's Usage Tips; it's like the whole reason Scarf is the primary item for revenge killing things.
It should if you have no other option, which could happen since Ditto is likely to be your primary revenge killer against many threats, so you'll have problems if those threats are ditto'd themselves (thus meaning your ditto can't imposter revenge). Games have been decided on speed ties before;better to have that 50% chance than to just get swept.

And again, this scenario really only needs to be better than the Ditto V Ditto PP stall, which again, is a result of a double death and them both switching in. In any other scenario, one of them would have transformed via Imposter, even if you both switched to them normally. (Almost certain of this, but it's still unlikely even if that's possible.) And, it pretty clearly is more likely and relevant than that one, no/

I thought this was already implied, but Ditto makes a very poor response to boosted sweepers if it cannot Imposter them straight away (like Tranformed Ditto or Sub sweepers etc.), since it is very likely they will simply overwhelm Ditto before it gets a chance to Transform.
I thought this was already proven, but it's fairly likely they won't, since it's nearly taking a +2 hit from a fairly powerful Pokemon with an adamant nature. (Oh yeah, sub blocks transform, so it's not relevant.)

Pretty much. If Transformed, max Attack IVs don't help Ditto much, but if not Transformed, Struggle damage increases (highly irrelevant) while confusion damage increases (more relevant, since Ditto needs all the HP it can get). It's still not that big of a plus, but max Attack IVs do even less for Ditto.
But, when would it be confused if it's not transformed? Either it gets imposter transformation, or you spam Transform, in which case you transform as soon as anything capable of confusing you switches in. Only if the opposing ditto scarfed itself on a confusing move, most likely one with a low secondary chance (and then that activates) would that matter.

But regardless, my point was more that it's weird that it's being talked about as a plus to do less struggle damage, when it's a minus. Barely a minus, of course, it's just a strange thought process.

Punchshroom

Oh shit, that sweeper that apparently had me over a barrel (since i had to resort to a speed tie to defeat it) switched out and lost its boosts! I'm in a bad situation now...
Didn't we already establish how most boosted sweepers that Ditto cannot Imposter will beat the shit out of Ditto regardless? The odds of them losing to Ditto after landing a free hit on the latter are really low, if not non-existant.

Who cares if it does? You already accepted a coinflip if you were trying to revenge a ditto with another ditto, right?
You don't revenge a Transformed Ditto with your own Ditto cos you'd most likely end up just end up with an injured Ditto without gaining much ground (you used Archeops in this example, which isn't a setup sweeper and can copy your Archeops again provided it hasn't yet been killed). Odds are that the already Transformed Ditto will still come out on top anyway since it landed a free hit on you, unless it happens to be majorly weak to its own attack

I thought this was already proven, but it's fairly likely they won't, since it's nearly taking a +2 hit from a fairly powerful Pokemon with an adamant nature. (Oh yeah, sub blocks transform, so it's not relevant.)
Okay, now tell me how Ditto is supposed to kill the much healthier Ditto-Gatr (the Poke used in this example) afterward.

But, when would it be confused if it's not transformed? Either it gets imposter transformation, or you spam Transform, in which case you transform as soon as anything capable of confusing you switches in. Only if the opposing ditto scarfed itself on a confusing move, most likely one with a low secondary chance (and then that activates) would that matter.

But regardless, my point was more that it's weird that it's being talked about as a plus to do less struggle damage, when it's a minus. Barely a minus, of course, it's just a strange thought process.
Doing less Struggle damage will hardly ever matter, but doing even a bit less damage to itself via confusion when every bit of Ditto's HP can matter seems like a worthy (or why not?) trade-off.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)