Walrus do u like older music von (A Walrus) - Won by Morgan

vonFiedler

I Like Chopin
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
19th
5.4 Points
Cancerous

Hello - Lionel Richie

Lionel Richie and not Rhythm of the Night was the wrong choice. Still, this scores high enough that it will probably get cries of reverse robbed. It still just sounds kind of good and I've got nothing against slow music.

vonFiedler

I Like Chopin
15th
6.8 Points
atomicllamas

Ex-Factor - Lauryn Hill

I don't usually like modern R&B, but the singing reminds me a lot of great 70s soul. I originally scored this song really high, but the more I listened to it the more the constant "yo" in the background just annoyed the fuck out of me.

vonFiedler

I Like Chopin
14th
6.9 Points
Eagle4

Ha-Ha - Serengeti

In his quest to podium with rap, Eagle4 sends another chill rap with heavy synth sounds. It's a more serious song than the last, which is fine, but it also doesn't push quite the vibe the last one did either.

vonFiedler

I Like Chopin
11th
7.5 Points
Blazade

The Imaginary Force - Bob Katsionis

Blazade takes notice that I only ever say good things about metal in regard to clean, hard hitting instrumentation. So he sends me an instrumental. Well, it's not like I LIKE instrumental songs. Good vocals will elevate anything. But there are exceptions, and this song consistently jams.

vonFiedler

I Like Chopin
10th
7.6 Points
Texas Cloverleaf

What It Is - Mark Knoplfer

Out of curiosity, I've looked up each of these artists to see what band they were in. But the vocals started and I it was like, op, that's Dire Straights dude. Fuck, this could just be a Dire Straights song. Most solo artists change at least a little.

vonFiedler

I Like Chopin
10th
7.7 Points
Granny Pie

Stand by Me - John Lennon

This is a pretty nice cover (live judge so lazy write up).

9th
7.8 Points
Rodan

Two Hearts - Phil Collins

It's a little surreal that Phil Collins was once considered the trashiest most manufactured sound in music. I mean, relatively you can see it, but we've come so far since then in terms of making trashy manufactured music. This is pretty good. It's no 'You Can't Hurry Love', but it's less basic bitch than 'In the Air Tonight'.

Last edited:

vonFiedler

I Like Chopin
8th
7.9 Points
icecoolblue

Yankee Rose - David Lee Roth

This is a really stupid song. It actually opens with him talking to his guitar about how hot a girl on the side of the road is. Holy fuck. Still, you can't help but have fun with it.

vonFiedler

I Like Chopin
7th
8 Points
SketchUp

Paris 1919 - John Cale

Very peculiar song. This is the kind of weird I hope for in category seven. Of course, there's nothing wrong with it here. I like strange music. This sounds like it belongs more in a movie soundtrack than on the radio, but I think I could still make room for it in my library.

vonFiedler

I Like Chopin
4th
9 Points
Steven Snype

You Know My Name - Chris Cornell

I remember feeling conflicting and confused in the theater that this song was as good as it is. It's very much not the kind of music I listen to, but I think a lot of acts are elevated when they make Bond music. Even then, this is one of the best Bond songs. This REALLY should have been listed under my 90s to now category, so it's smart that two people submitted it (the other in a different category).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)