Walrus do u like older music von (A Walrus) - Won by Morgan

vonFiedler

I Like Chopin
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
3rd
9.1 Points
JazzAutomatic

O Fortuna - Carl Orff

Yeah. That song from the trailers. A classic introduction. It's the only classical music I've been subbed so far, so I think it's pretty good, but I'm cautious with its rating cause I don't have much to compare it to.

vonFiedler

I Like Chopin
2nd
9.5 Points
icecoolblue

Black Betty - Ram Jam

You've got the persisent drum beat that goes throughout the song, but you combine it with a pretty sweet guitar riff. It's an awesome way to open a song that's all about being awesome throughout.

vonFiedler

I Like Chopin
1st
10 Points
Martin

Roundabout - Yes

Martin changed his choice of song twice to end up with a 10 point song. I don't know how many 10s are given out in Walrus, but here it's geniunely hard to think of a better submission. The opening itself has gained as much traction as the John Cena theme for how effective it is, but it's also attached to a fucking amazing song.

Martin

A monoid in the category of endofunctors
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Second 10 I've recieved. Ngl it feels p. fucking good.

Hopefully I score high in the rest, or at least most of the rest hahaha

vonFiedler

I Like Chopin
30th
1 Point
Yeti

Revolver - Madonna

I notice this trend where you like songs by old people who should have retired in the 80s. And maybe that would intrigue me at least. But Madonna's later hits were bad even when they were somewhat succesful. This is just painful to listen to. I couldn't listen to it more than once.

vonFiedler

I Like Chopin
29th
1.1 Points
theangryscientist

It's So Easy - Guns N' Roses

I was warned by tas that he didn't know much music and would mostly be submitting video game music, which is fine. In a category where he can't do so, we see why. Guns N' Roses is a good instinct, but... why does this song suck so much? They aren't the best band but you'd think their mandatory minimum of quality would be higher than this. This just drones on and does nothing.

vonFiedler

I Like Chopin
28th
1.6 Points
atomicllamas

Smile Like You Mean It - The Killers

Not really at fault for this submission. I did say I like Mr. Brightside, but listing that and How to Save a Life were kind of more charitable than anything, like relative to how fucking awful the 00s were, those songs are ok. And I mostly like Mr. Brightside because after being forced to listen to it dozens of times on allegedly 80's music station, it got through to a relationship trouble addled youth mind. Lightning probably wasn't going to strike twice.

vonFiedler

I Like Chopin
27th
1.9 Points
Cancerous

One More Minute - Weird Al

Weird Al has gotten robbed repeatedly in recent walruses. And most of his singles are uncharted. So why this one? I listened to half of it before realizing it was supposed to be funny. Cause it's not. And without that, it's just a bleh oldie sounding tune.

vonFiedler

I Like Chopin
26th
2.2 Points
Jazz Automatic

Hard in da Paint - Waka Flocka Flame

"This will lose but I have to do it". I wish I liked this as much as Waka misreading a fan's name or tearing up over 50 Shades of Gray. The production is tight, but that's about it. D I C K T O W N

vonFiedler

I Like Chopin
25th
2.6 Points
Former Hope

Planes - Jefferson Airplane

Jefferson Airplane? That's a nice choice. Love me some 60s psych rock... what? The Jefferson Airplane reunion? After Jefferson Starship and Starship? This is like using Charizard without a mega stone. They still have some talent... but it amounts to a song that feels like untapped meme potential at best.

vonFiedler

I Like Chopin
24th
3.3 Points
Ullar

Perform This Way - Weird Al

This is definitely better Weird Al. The joke is on point. Yep, that's Lady Gaga. I just don't like this song that much. It doesn't sound very good. Maybe it's cause Born This Way isn't a song I was keen on to begin with?

vonFiedler

I Like Chopin
23rd
3.4 Points
Martin

Comet Melody - Kraftwerk

Old electronic music? Cool! But this takes seven minutes to build into anything... and by anything I don't mean a lot.

vonFiedler

I Like Chopin
22nd
3.5 Points
Rodan

Porcelina of the Vast Oceans - The Smashing Pumpkins

I've been interested to look into more Smashing Pumpkins. But it feels like DLE was right when he said the singer's voice works sometimes and doesn't sometimes. He just comes across as grating here. The instrumentation is chill sometimes... but I'm not really feeling what it builds up into.

vonFiedler

I Like Chopin
21st
3.6 Points
Asek

Aahhh don't make me like 2000s punk please. This isn't really bad. The lead up sounds pretty good, and I've heard worse vocals, but I'm not a fan either. I liked your last song quite a bit more.

vonFiedler

I Like Chopin
20th
4.4 Points
Granny Pie

Now we're getting better. This is definitely helped by That Way being a nice song to listen to in its own right, and it seems like Weird Al sings a lot better. There's nothing really clever or funny about the lyrics, but a lot of his songs are nonsense like that.

vonFiedler

I Like Chopin
19th
4.5 Points
Da Letter El

Chasing Pirates - Norah Jones

DLE thought I'd like this and shared another Norah Jones song that was pretty okay. I thought this song was soft and aimless at first, but it grow on me as I was bored at work. I feel like every other category is gonna have that advantage.

vonFiedler

I Like Chopin
18th
4.6 Points
Texas Cloverleaf

Mark of the Triangle - Evergrey

This is much more my speed when it comes to metal music. The instruments sound very good throughout, a good mix of hard hitting guitar and soft piano. I don't exactly respect the song listening to the lyrics or the vocals, but you could easily leave a song this on in the background and it'd be fine.

vonFiedler

I Like Chopin
17th
5.5 Points
Uncle Sam

The River - Bruce Springsteen

This is supposed to be the category of hidden gems. Many of my favorite songs are uncharted. But I guess that's subjective. Obviously a lot of songs never charted cause they just weren't good enough. I like the Boss, so I listened to this a bunch to see if I could like it. But in the end, not much. When I look at my library, I see that none of my Springsteen music is particularily slow. And I think there's a reason for that.

vonFiedler

I Like Chopin
16th
5.7 Points
Lightwolf

The Centre of the Heart - Roxette

This is more what I'd have expected out of Yeti. It's definitely interesting. The first time you hear the chorus, it's pretty catchy. But after that, it just feels pushy. It just kind of screams for attention, "I'm so hip right now!" But it got my attention over time, I'll admit.

vonFiedler

I Like Chopin
15th
5.9 Points
AfroGear

Go Where You Wanna Go - The Mamas & The Papas

I'm told this is the only song by The Mamas & The Papas that failed to chart. That doesn't surprise me much. It says good things about the band if this is one of their worst songs, it's still nice and upbeat, but there's not a lot to it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)