Do you guys get sunburned?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know that I am targeting a select audience with this topic, but do any of y'all get sunburned? I know that me personally, I burn like crazy. For some reason, despite being half Hispanic, my skin is quite pasty, resembling Scandinavian skin pigment. No matter what I do to prevent sunburn, if I go outside for long periods of time with little shade, I still get sunburned. Hell, I've even been sunburned in the winter! Of course, living in Florida doesn't particularly help me, but still, I burn like crazy. I also seem incapable of building up color and actually tanning, once again no matter what I do.

So, do you guys get sunburned?

Only if I stay out for like 4 hours in direct sunlight with no sunscreen. I tan really easily instead of burning.

Everyone in my family gets sunburned pretty easily, but I can be outside for hours with no sunscreen and not even care. Perhaps it's because I have the darkest skin in my family (we're all black).

monkfish

what are birds? we just don't know.
is a Community Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnus
If I'm stupid and don't wear sunscreen then yeah I get burnt. But normally it peels off and I get a nice tan B)

kinda pc++

i've never gotten a sunburn in my life tbh

maybe when i was a wee one but none in the past ten years or so

gee let's make a check list

pasty white: check
irish descent: check
swedish descent: check

yes. A lot. Generally it's not an issue unless my face gets burned, which sucks.

reyscarface

is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a defending SPL Championdefeated the Smogon Frontier
World Defender
Well, im latin, and here in Mexico theres a lot of hot all the time, so my body is kinda comfortable with the sun, and i only get sunburned if im heavily exposed like 4 hours. Hoorah for my skin :D

gee let's make a check list

pasty white: check
irish descent: check
swedish descent: check

yes. A lot. Generally it's not an issue unless my face gets burned, which sucks.
Hey! I'm Irish descent with a little bit of Swedish in me! God, it certainly sucks to be white in this case = (

I'm of Paki descent, so I don't get sunburned even if I'm at the pool all day. It's pretty awesome making fun of all the white people who DO get sunburned =P

nah, Ukrainian guys tend to take the sun pretty well since our ancsestors spent most of their days farming in the sun. I can't even recall an instance I had a sunburn that I even felt lol. I do have a bit lighter complextion than most Ukrainians, but I guess that can be attributed to my life in the igloo called Alberta.

Vineon

Fleurdelysé
is a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Im not prone to sunburns but I cant say I've never had any.

I've nothing to really complain about.

I'm of Scottish/Norse decent, so I'm WHITE, well, actually, I'm kinda more transparent.

Surprisingly enough, I don't burn easily, yet I don't tan either, I'm kinda confused about it.

I am part Sweedish and Irish, so yes, I burn, really bad. When I was 14 I broke my ankle and was in a cast for 4 months. My already white white legs did not see light for those 4 months and the week I got the cast off I went on a trip with my family. My dad and my brother took me on those little pool rafts you lay on and we went around this good size lake on just those. I put sunscreen on but since my legs had almost no pigment left it burned anyways (the other leg was fine). My leg felt really hot by the time we got back to our spot and hours later my leg was covered in blisters. I got a second degree burn on the entire back half of my calf. The blisters drained for a few days and I was in pain for a good part of the trip. The other leg was still fine, only a little hint of burning, as with the rest of me since I used sunscreen. Months after the back of my calf remained purple from the damage and took very close to a year to fully recover.

I have gotten blisters before, but never that bad. I burn any time I dont use sun screen, or not enough. I have also come to the conclusion that I am physically incapable of tanning thanks to my super white genetics from six super white European countries (Swedish, German, Irish, Welsh, English and Scottish. (Damn Genetics)

Being Irish, I definitely do. But now I know to wear sunscreen if I'm going to be spending a lot of time outdoors so it's not really a problem.

occaissionally, but not more than just going red and being a bit sensitive for a day or two. I rarely wear sunscreen, but I make sure I cover up with a tshirt and a big hat if im gonna be in the sun all day. I just stay a brilliant glowing white most of the time

I have what is called the "ginger skin" syndrome.
We burn.
We peel.
We freckle.
We then come out just as white as before.
Life sucks. So in answer to your question, I do get sunburnt. A lot.

Deck Knight

Blast Off At The Speed Of Light! That's Right!
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
I don't get tans, I get reds.

Darker than the darkest dark, deeper than the deepest night, er... whiter than the whitest white.

Jibaku

Who let marco in here????
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Two-Time Past SPL Champion
Quite the opposite; I've never gotten sunburned even after hours in direct sunlight...yet.

So badely. It sucks being that fly white kid that sunburns. It's kind of embarassing.. Wearing earrings, and fancy clothes kind of looks lame once you add a sunburn

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)