Does Ecstasy fuck up your immune system..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Seriously, uh
i took the drug about a week ago, last saturday, and i still wake up feeling like shit. Its just normal sickness though, runny nose sore throat

But its getting annoying and i want to know when i should expect to be better, if that means that when i'm better the pill will be out of my system or what

Or is it already safe to take advil

I know a lot of you guys are quite the drug enthusiists, so maybe its just because it was my first time? I know its different for everyone as well

but still, can you guys help, should I drink Florida Orange Juice to try and rebuild some of my immune system or what lol

P.s. I know my avatar is pretty ironic

jrrrrrrr

wubwubwub
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Why would you take a drug if you didn't know the consequences?

Basically, MDMA just eats your brain and nothing else. If your stomach has been hurting for a week, I highly doubt it was the x. I've never heard of a case like this.

um. no idea what you took, but if it's done this to you it probably wasn't X.

or you've just got a cold. anyway. E and advil won't interact on any meaningful level.. not to mention MDMA has a half life of roughly nine hours, meaning there would be negligible amounts in your system now anyway.

actually google ecstasy immune system and you find "stuff" in particular a U of dublin research paper. my friend used to do fucktons of ecstasy and she began noticing her skeletal muscles were getting eaten away in hs. that was about 7 years ago and today she gets sick alot =\

I'm not trying to use this one person to generalize but o_o;

DM

Ce soir, on va danser.
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
MDMA affects the brain immediately, and the body slowly over time. You're just sick dude.

Whenever I have a terrible hangover (quite often), I always start pondering whether I'm sick rather than just going through a hangover. Making up an excuse for the hangover is normal, just like what you're sort of doing here.

It's more than common that you get sick at this time of the year. The drug was just consequentially taken at the same time you decided to get a flu.

TAY

You and I Know
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Well this isn't really on topic but I think it's worth saying: you should stay away from Ecstasy. As gorm mentioned, it does affect your overall health if you use it too much, and even as a one time thing it is incredibly easy to get dehydrated. (One of the effects is dehydration, which is pretty bad because it also gives a fuckton of energy is pretty much exclusively taken at parties where you're encouraged to dance etc). So if you're going to do it again drink a lot of water =P .

As a synthetic drug there is also the added risk of not knowing what the fuck is in it, and as a methamphetamine it can be extremely addictive. So yeah, I'm not trying to be anyone's mom...but be careful with that shit.

Not sure if you checked wikipedia but...
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Effects_of_MDMA_on_the_human_body

tay, please don't give shit advice.
E is not addictive. you can build up a tolerance, but it is not physically addicted.

and basically the only E deaths were from drinking too much water.
drink 1 pint an hour.

evan

I did my best -- I have no regrets
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
That last bit is just not true, coochie. Dehydration is just as dangerous. Take it from someone who has spent time at Bonnaroo.

dehydration is very dangerous, but more easily fixed by an ambulance crew than brains getting damp and popping out of skulls.

p.s. it's cute when you call me that :3

I have to stress, despite earlier advice on this thread, NEVER, EVER trust any research that you find on Google unless you're clued up in the relevant field. Especially when it comes to medical research. 90% of the health information you'll find via search engines is partisan bullshit and pseudoscience.

Did you try wikipedia? No joke it is usually right. I have never heard of immunity problems from e, problems are usually mood and sexually related.

DM

Ce soir, on va danser.
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
I just realized this thread has lots of my favorite people in it.:jump:

Yeah, I don't think there's much call to leave this open.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)