1. Welcome to Smogon! Check out the Smogon Starters Hangout for everything you need to know about starting out in the community. Don't forget to introduce yourself in the Introduction and Hangout Thread, too!
  2. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.

Dota 2

Discussion in 'The Great Library' started by Fishin, Dec 9, 2011.

1. SgtWoodsy

SgtWoodsy

Valve sent out another batch of Dota 2 invites today. Check your inventories.
  2. CaptainKishimoto

CaptainKishimoto

Yep, I have some.
  3. Temperantia

Temperantia

Got 2, but gifted 1 already
  4. Royal Flush

Royal Flush in brazil rain
    is a World Cup of Pokemon defending champion

Probably happened due to Gaben's birthday. It seems the game is very close to become f2p, maybe after all the heroes before 6.73 are released.
  5. Nietzsche

Nietzsche

Man, Valve's spreading the damn things around like herpes. I got four a few days ago, a fifth yesterday, and a sixth just now. Anyone not have the game yet and want one?
  6. Temperantia

Temperantia

Same here, I got like 5, if someone wants one, just message me
  7. Heroes Fall

Heroes Fall

I've been in the beta for 7-8 months now, not a single key was given to me. Maybe it's because I'm from Canada, none of my other Canadian friends have received keys either. Oh well, I don't need them anyways.
  8. gookie

gookie Administrator
    is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus

tay, sal, myself, and a few others have been playing almost daily; hit us up on irc for some quality queue :)
  9. CaptainKishimoto

CaptainKishimoto

I finally got a job, so hopefully I'll be able to get a new computer by year's end.
  10. the pugilist

the pugilist
    is a Past WCoP Winner

literally just started playing this. if anyone feels like "crushing" some bots with me, my steam name is rootgreevil.
  11. Lemonade.

Lemonade. fluffy bird
    is a Smogon Social Media Contributoris an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus

hey, if anyone has an extra invite they can gift to me so I can gift to my friend i would love you forever!!! i am AGOL | wah on steam
  12. SgtWoodsy

SgtWoodsy

13. Temperantia

Temperantia

I love Slark :3
  14. Stagnant

Stagnant

Anyone have a key 2 share?
  15. Heroes Fall

Heroes Fall

EG vs Empire coming up now in the RaidCall league.
  16. CaptainKishimoto

CaptainKishimoto

Early Christmas present from IceFrog:

[​IMG]

Edit: Better pic
  17. CaptainKishimoto

CaptainKishimoto

Double-post because fucking Bastion Announcer available!
  18. SalTheThief

SalTheThief

i want a new update. last update, 6.76, we got when i just started playing. ):
  19. Royal Flush

Royal Flush in brazil rain
    is a World Cup of Pokemon defending champion

I hope Valve release more announcers from other games (any tf2 character would be awesome!!!), jugger and furion ones were a bit meh, but storm/axe/dr kleiner are amazing.

and they added Shredder before Medusa wtf. Prolly means Icefrog will make some big changes to Medusa on 6.77 (next week I suppose), like happened to Centaur.
  20. Heroes Fall

Heroes Fall

Bastion announcer is coming up.
  21. comatthew6

comatthew6 Uther's Noble [Ball]Sack
    is a Researcher Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus

Love this game. Shame I'm failing college because of it. Anyways, is anyone else upset how Brewmaster's Ultimate restores all of his HP AND makes it so only one of the three clones has to survive? I think that needs to be patched.
  22. CaptainKishimoto

CaptainKishimoto

That's probably a bug (and a relatively new one) since that isn't suppose to happen, nor have I come across it.
  23. Nietzsche

Nietzsche

I'm reasonably sure it doesn't regenerate all his health after it finishes. In other news,

But wait, there's more! You can see all the upcoming lines here (might have to scroll down a bit).

This is awesome as hell and I'm definitely buying it as soon as it's available. Seems like it's a bit more complex than the other announcers and narrates a wider variety of things you do, in keeping with the theme (hell, I see voice lines for when your team accidentally picks 5 carries or 5 supports).

Interestingly, the hero pick lines at the bottom of the textbox seem to reveal some name changes for unreleased heros. Pit Lord will probably be renamed Pyre Lord, Tuskarr will probably just be Tusk, Tauren Chieftain will be something along the lines of Tribal Chieftain, and Goblin Techies will just be Techies (because Valve doesn't like orcs, goblins, or dwarves).
  24. comatthew6

comatthew6 Uther's Noble [Ball]Sack
    is a Researcher Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus

I have an extra copy if anyone wants it - just gimme your email I can't send it through steam.
  25. Stagnant

Stagnant

I just received 6 copies the other day. Same thing as above.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)