Doubles Circuit Minitour #2 — BW2 Doubles [Won by Robert Alfons!]

Haruno

Skadi :)
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
If a team is good enough to get you to the semis then who are we to criticize? =C And you know a team is legit as fuck when your opp knows your whole team from the get go and they still lose.

TL;DR FANGAME4INVITATIONALCHAMP

Braverius

snowls
is a Past SPL Champion
yeah beat Braverius gg http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen5smogondoubles-103112139 pls no more arguing over me I just want to have fun ;_;
Confirming. GG man. Don't feel bad about it- I apologize for the "raging", was intended to be satire, you actually played that very well. The Megahorn miss was sort of big but I think you had a fair shot at it even if that landed, since Cresselia would have survived anyways.

Also, about this whole arguing over Fangame thing...I blew my lid in #doubles about this because it's really frustrating. I know people want to see others lose or something because they're not good, easy to counterteam, whatever it may be. I'm not sure if people were more upset at me for losing or more upset at Fangame for winning. I don't understand why either has to happen. Yeah, you're mad that Fangame isn't as good as his rating suggests or whatever, SO WHAT. He won. This happens to me all the time in VGC, too. It's so goddamn irritating, especially when friends do it. I'm playing to have fun and do my best, not be judged on who I pull and whether or not I beat them to satisfy your narcissistic passions.

"But you could have counterteamed him and won, Braverius!" No, shut up, I had a perfectly viable matchup. Sure, I could have bent over backward and tried to CT but after how the past week has gone I didn't have the time or ambition to do so. I wanted to run this team through the entire tournament and see if it could do it, and it was a coinflip away on that last turn from doing so. Credit to Fangame for taking down the team that was on top of the ladder for about 3 straight months last year. That's no small feat. I don't think I even played that poorly, either, so he should feel really good about that.

Enough of this "SOMEONE BEAT HIM BECAUSE I THINK HE SUCKS" bullshit though. Instead of dragging people down, build them up. If you think he needs to diversify, then help him out you malefic fuckers. You'll never build the community by dragging someone down who could use and would probably welcome your help and hospitality with open arms.

Fangame is seriously strong. He KNOWS people are going to counterteam, but guess what? He still comes out ahead. He has a ton of talent and skill and people underestimate him just because 1. He wasn't around Gen 5 and 2. He runs full TR in a meta that doesn't support it.

Echoing Zach here though, enough with the trash talk. There's a huge difference between friendly back-and-forth (me and Pwne for example) and retarded-ass Pile Ons.

I watched that game beginning to end. It was so fucking intense the whole time and afterwards, Fangame felt really fucking bad ABOUT WINNING. That's wrong. He should have felt elated about beating such a strong opponent (Zach is really fucking good at this game, even if we disagree about Gastrodon), but he felt terrible because he thought he had somehow not earned his win. That is not what we want to foster in this community. I think the fact that Zach came into chat to congratulate Fangame shows that it really was, in fact, an amazing game, and that Fangame deserved the win.

Finally, how in the hell does Zach have TC Badge and sub 100 posts? That's mindblowing. :P

running full TR in a unsupportive meta proves that fangame10 can overcome great obstacles to win. And using one team can help, because you know that team very well and know the threats, and how to handle them.
If a team is good enough to get you to the semis then who are we to criticize? =C And you know a team is legit as fuck when your opp knows your whole team from the get go and they still lose.

TL;DR FANGAME4INVITATIONALCHAMP
i hope that's not sarcasm, because if it is, then HARUNO4INVITATIONCHAMP. If it isn't good job, first step to being nice to people.

Fangame10 I told you they were just jealous. Good job crushing the haters' spirits! Knew you would win :)
Also mad props to Zach for being a really good sport the whole time. Some people would be super mad in that situation.

Last edited:

Audiosurfer

I'd rather be sleeping
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
the fact that "don't try to actively tear down other users" is something that needs to be clarified only serves as a continual reminder to me to make a rules page
also, am in contact with tenchi17
but seriously tl;dr don't be shitty to each other, the end

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)