Ability: Pressure
EVs: 120 HP / 252 SpA / 136 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Hurricane
- Freeze-Dry
- Ice Beam
- Protect

Cool rain team i made. Manaphy is excellent as a bulky setter, and is very threatening with a tail glow. Tornadus is the secondary frail setter. Mega swamp is mega swamp. Raichu gives a lot of nice support, lightning rod is much appreciated. Scizor is the all important hail check, and offers some much needed coverage. Articuno is a weird pick for sure but it gives me a much needed way to beat opposing water types, hurricane spammer, ground immunity, and secondary abomasnow check.

How to ruin a meta:
Step 1: Rise the two best fires in the tier and replace them with arcanine and volcarona (who doesnt look bad tbh)
Step 2: Drop friggin mega metagross and mega scizor
Step 3: Make hailroom op af because there is no camel to check it

You are done! You have ruined the meta :). *Clap clap clap.

In all seriousness tho. Hailroom will have to find a decent fire now since victini is gone to be able to deal with scizor and the gross. Diancie is done. I expect to see more char x which is pretty cool i guess. Hailroom I do think got a buff (even though it was weak to steel) because of the fact that its worst enemy got risen to ou, camel. We will just wait and see I guess. Volcarona seems like a tier 1 mon atm, but it is real weak to rhyperior which is a huge threat right now. Oh and I almost forgot. Welcome back rain! You are now the best thing in doubles uu again. We missed you!!

n10siT

Hoopa can do anything!
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
How to ruin a meta:
Step 1: Rise the two best fires in the tier and replace them with arcanine and volcarona (who doesnt look bad tbh)
Step 2: Drop friggin mega metagross and mega scizor
Step 3: Make hailroom op af because there is no camel to check it

You are done! You have ruined the meta :). *Clap clap clap.

In all seriousness tho. Hailroom will have to find a decent fire now since victini is gone to be able to deal with scizor and the gross. Diancie is done. I expect to see more char x which is pretty cool i guess. Hailroom I do think got a buff (even though it was weak to steel) because of the fact that its worst enemy got risen to ou, camel. We will just wait and see I guess. Volcarona seems like a tier 1 mon atm, but it is real weak to rhyperior which is a huge threat right now. Oh and I almost forgot. Welcome back rain! You are now the best thing in doubles uu again. We missed you!!
i played hailroom with min speed hp fire landorus I earlier and it was actually super cool. earth power/hp fire/focus blast, to beat aboma before TR, scizor, metagross, rhyperior, darkrai, etc, etc. rain is good, but mega metagross and mega scizor are good rain checks.

Landorus @ Life Orb
Ability: Sheer Force
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Earth Power
- Psychic
- Sludge Bomb
- Protect

Metagross-Mega @ Metagrossite
Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Meteor Mash
- Zen Headbutt
- Bullet Punch
- Protect

Volcarona @ Leftovers
Ability: Flame Body
Modest Nature
- Heat Wave
- Giga Drain
- Quiver Dance
- Protect

Tangela @ Eviolite
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Impish Nature
- Rage Powder
- Leech Seed
- Power Whip
- Sleep Powder

Manaphy @ Leftovers
Ability: Hydration
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Scald
- Ice Beam
- Tail Glow
- Protect

Kyurem @ Leftovers
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 200 HP / 252 SpA / 56 Spe
Modest Nature
- Ice Beam
- Earth Power
- Substitute
- Protect

Incredibly simple, straightforward metagross DOU style team built around using tangela and offensive pressure to get something set up. Really boring compared to other teams ive made but quite effective. I feel that mega metagross is enough of a force in the DUU metagame to warrent a sample team.

xzern

for sure
is a Tiering Contributoris a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
we added a rank 2.5 to separate the cluttered tier 2. please voice any concerns (complaints if your a puspy) and potential changes to the viability rankings

viability changes:
Sableye: UR -> 3
checks most trick room setters but gets fucked by fire types and arommittse

Excadrill: UR -> 3
a steel type that isnt particularly weak to fire types, but can probably only run scarf

Arcanine: UR -> 1.5
intimidate is handsome and it beats common stuff like abomasnow and most steels, but doesnt beat dragons

Landorus: UR -> 2
can beat many a pokemon, but requires oodles of support such as removal of dragons, waters, and tailwind

Volcarona: UR -> 1.5
once you let it set up you will get the bbig fuck, it is the only fire that can deal with latias or waters, depending on covergae option. however, it has a bad matchup against other fire types

Mega Heracross: 3 -> UR
hello ok goodbye

Klefki: 2 -> 1.5
beats dragons, provides good support with thunder wave to hinder volcarona and screens

Mega Scizor: UR -> 2.5
is super strong, but instantly loses to any fire type and or fire attack

Mega Metagross: UR -> 1
"it hits harder than my dick" - astroboy
it also 2hkos most things in the meta and has a big speed

Blastoise: 2 -> 1.5
is a sick redirector that assists the setup sweepers and also meta megagross

Jellicent: UR -> 1.5
strong trick room setter that cannot be bamboozled by fake out

Foonguss: 3 -> UR
no reason to run it without camerupt

Tentacruel: UR -> 3
[7:05:02 PM] astro boy: holy shit why is tentacruel so good
[7:05:13 PM] astro boy: counters hariyama volc and altaria
[7:05:18 PM] astro boy: it beats the bugs
[7:05:21 PM] astro boy: fire resist
[7:05:29 PM] astro boy: beats aromatisse and shit
[7:05:37 PM] astro boy: and all around great family man

Fletchinder: UR -> 3
beats volcatona and can revenge kill many things, such as deoxys and also set up with sd

Last edited:

CorruptedOmega

Banned deucer.
All this DPL talk is making me want to bump dead ass threads.

Volcarona @ Lum Berry
Ability: Flame Body
Modest Nature
- Heat Wave
- Giga Drain
- Quiver Dance
- Protect

Hitmontop (M) @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Close Combat
- Fake Out
- Wide Guard
- Helping Hand

Hitmontop bolsters Volcarona's poor physical defense with Intimidate and also blocks Rock Slide with Wide Guard, allowing Volcarona to set up more easily and sweep. The EV spreads can be elaborated on, I just didn't want to bother toying around with them. Anyways, the core is v cool so try it out! get on the ladder you scrubs

e: why isn't virizon ranked frens

Last edited:

xzern

for sure
is a Tiering Contributoris a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
we need a banlist + clauses, I'm not doing because I did a few weeks back and put it in the OP and since then it was deleted for some reason
duu mons now show up in the teambuilder so posting a banlist probably isnt necessary. also all the clauses should be the same as dou (lack of sleep clause, hypnogravity, etc)

xzern

for sure
u can still see the banlist if u go to the teambuilder and select doubles ou, the "DOU" pokemon are banned :s
also if u try to type in a mon thats banned into the teambuilder for that tier then it will say that its banned

Tail glow Manaphy with icy wind + surf wrecks shit. Also, is cradily viable? So far ive been pairing it with manaphy; Surf takes out grounds and or fires for cradily, while Manaphy herself benefits from grass coverage on cradily and th random chip damage cradily tends to spread (moveset of toxic/giga/earth power/recover with a rocky helmet).

xzern

for sure

For the length of the DPL tournament (and maybe afterwards too,) Charizard X will be banned. It's ridiculously strong, even for DOU, and in DUU, its even harder to stop once it gets up a dragon dance boost. Most of the best practical checks to fire-types, such as Jellicent, Gastrodon, or Manaphy, still have to fear being 2hkoed charizard's secondary STAB, dragon claw. It also can't be easily revenge killed, as it is capable of outspeeding even Deoxys-A after just one boost. This makes it really frustrating to prepare for, as the only really solid check is Diancie and maybe Rhyperior. Furthermore, when paired with Tangela (or tangrowth lol,) its nearly impossible to prevent it from setting up and heavily denting your team.

heres a replays :
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/doublesuu-356847186
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/doublesuu-360323341

Charizard X is, however, still legal on the ladder for the time being. Should it stay banned? Whether you agree or disagree, feel free to post your thoughts. You can discuss Charizard X's tiering or the DUU DPL games here.

Last edited:

Mishimono

mish mish
is a Top Tiering Contributoris a Past SCL Champion
With Charizard's dual STABs and high speed and attack after a Dragon Dance it can 2HKO almost anything in the tier. With a redirector it becomes even harder to stop Zard X. Because of this, I think it should be banned.

talkingtree

large if factual
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Two-Time Past SCL Champion
Stats are finally up, here's what happened:

Mew moved from Doubles OU to Doubles UU
Ninetales moved from Doubles OU to Doubles UU
Porygon2 moved from Doubles UU to Doubles OU
Victini moved from Doubles OU to Doubles UU
Landorus moved from Doubles UU to Doubles OU
Scizor moved from Doubles UU to Doubles OU

Lots of big changes here, thoughts anyone?

mega abomasnow immediately becomes less viable because of fire drops, volcarona is now even more powerful without landorus around.
mew is potentially top tier imo because of its versatility, as will victini, probably becoming the premier fire type for the tier. although scizor is gone, having a good fire is essential in this tier.
We'll definitely miss the bulky af trick room setter that was porygon2, but trick room has definitely gotten a boon with victini + mew.

I will miss landorus, but I think we can all agree it was one of the most OP mons in the tier.

Ninetails is free boy's!

Just so that it's here (since Showdown isn't updated yet) here is the current banlist

Aegislash, Amoonguss, Azumarill, Bisharp, Breloom, Camerupt-Mega, Charizard-Mega-Y, Chandelure, Conkeldurr, Cresselia, Diancie-Mega, Dragonite, Ferrothorn, Garchomp, Gardevoir-Mega, Gengar, Greninja, Gyarados, Heatran, Hoopa-Unbound, Hydreigon, Jirachi, Kangaskhan-Mega, Keldeo, Kyurem-Black, Landorus, Landorus-Therian, Latios, Ludicolo, Mawile-Mega, Milotic, Politoed, Porygon-2, Rotom-Wash, Scizor, Scrafty, Suicune, Sylveon, Talonflame, Terrakion, Thundurus, Togekiss, Tyranitar, Ubers, Venusaur, Venusaur-Mega, Volcanion, Weavile, Whimsicott, Zapdos

Last edited:

Yoda2798

Not the user you are looking for
is a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributor
Doubles Leader
When DUU gets even more Fire-types and Fake Out users.

Sun obviously gets a lot better, I think that overall Trick Room benefits from the changes since Victini has power and Fire coverage, I think Mew could work on Trick Room as well but Victini is the main one. Porygon2 is a sad loss but I don't think it was super amazing anyways with all the Fighting-types/Tangela/other TR checks going around which it can't really handle so well IMO.

Landorus-I was a good mon, I think I only used it like once though lol. Scizor was a decent mon but not the best due to all the Fire-, Water- and Steel-types. Victini back stops Genesect from being super-duper-amazing so much. Mew is going to be quite good, IDK about top-tier but we'll see, it does have a great support movepool and nice coverage but isn't super strong.

Volcarona ban when?!?!?!??!!?!? I love the fire moth but this thing is so OP, with the right support it can even power through Trick Room teams (I don't think TR teams are the best in general but the drops could change things), along with destroying any other team pretty easily a lot of the time.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)