DP Lopunny

Redid this analysis. After clearing up some issues as well as taking what bologo said I realize I do need to make it cleaner and not do a poor job. So heres round 2...

changes: starf berry as main item. sub placed next to agility.

http://www.smogon.com/dp/pokemon/lopunny

[SET]
Name: Baton Bunny
Move 1: Return
Move 2: Baton Pass
Move 3: Encore
Move 4: Agility / Substitute
Item: Starf Berry
Ability: Cute Charm
Nature: Jolly
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Spe

[SET COMMENTS]
<p>With a Base 105 Speed and access to Encore, Lopunny makes a brilliant Baton Passer. Unlike the previous sets, this one revolves around helping your teammates instead of messing with the opponent's gameplan.</p>

<p>The plan is to switch into a Pokemon using a support move such as Stealth Rock or a weak attack such as Rapid Spin. If you can switch Lopunny into a Ghost-type using Shadow Ball, you could really make a big play. Simply Encore them, forcing them to continue using that move. This will likely cause a switch giving you time to use Agility. Then Baton Pass to a slow but strong Pokemon and hopefully sweep. Substitute can be used in place of Agility as not only can it be passed, but it can also activate Starf Berry. If Lopunny falls victim to Taunt, Return is there to ensure you can still hit an opponent.</p>

<p>If you are confident that Lopunny can take a hit, you can use Agility over Substitute. Hopefully, you will have your Speed increased +2 as well as have another stat increased once Starf Berry kicks in. However, Substitute can safely activate the Berry boost, as well as give a Baton Pass recipient a small shield to hide behind.</p>

<p>You must use Cute Charm as the ability as Klutz will negate Leftovers and Starf Berry. Cute Charm also could give you another chance to Agility if the opponent becomes immobilized by love.</p>

Encore and Agility+Baton Pass is way too good to give up, especially since Lopunny is the only Pokemon capable of doing it.
Ledian and Plusle/Minun can pull this off ... perhaps not as frequently as Loppuny ... still.

<p>Lopunny is one of a small number of Encore users found in UU, and may possibly be the best Baton Passer that has access to this move. The main goal is to switch into a support attack or a weak [special?] attack and Encore the opponent. Then use Agility and Baton Pass to quickly leave the field. Return provides a solid attack for finishing off [weakened] opponents and also allows you to function even when under Taunt. Substitute can also be used instead of Encore although Lopunny's frail defensive stats won't let you live through too many powerful attacks.</p>

Bologo

Have fun with birds and bees.
is a Contributor Alumnus
[SET COMMENTS]
<p>Lopunny is one of a a (Correct this please.) small number Encore users found in UU and may possibly be the best Baton Passer that has access to this move. (Have you actually looked at the other pokemon that can learn Baton Pass/Encore? Because it's sure as hell not the best at it. If you're specifying Encore + Baton Pass + AGILITY, say that in your peer edit...On another note, when only 3 pokemon can do that job, saying that Lopunny is the "best" at it really doesn't mean much.) The main goal is to switch into a support attack (Support MOVES aren't attacks from what I remember.) or a weak special attack and Encore the opponent. (What about Ghost attacks?) Then use Agility and Baton Pass to quickly leave the field. (This sounds like a sentence fragment. Either merge it with the previous sentence, or use something other than "then" to start off the sentence.) Return provides a solid attack for finishing off weakened opponents (Perhaps if they're extremely weakened.) and also allows you to function even when under Taunt. (There are very few pokemon in UU that are actually faster than Lopunny and who can Taunt it. Maybe say "allows you to function if it happens to switch in on Taunt".) Substitute can also be used instead of Encore although Lopunny's frail defensive stats won't let you live through too many powerful attacks. (Remove Substitute as an option over Encore, it takes away the only thing about this set that makes Lopunny stand out with Agilipassing, which is Encore. All Substitute is going to do is make Lopunny lose health, and a lot of stuff do agilipassing much better than Lopunny if it uses Sub instead of Encore.)</p>
I'm sorry I had to be so harsh when I was editing this, but it honestly doesn't sound like you've been trying at all for these peer edits you've been unloading. If you're not going to take some time to proofread your peer edits, research your set, or to even make sure that what you're saying is true instead of just making statements, then stop posting them. I've seen you post some good peer edits before, so why are doing such a shitty job on these ones, and not even testing the set out in some cases? The Dodrio one was ok, but they're getting worse and worse. I shouldn't even be having to tell you this, but I'm being nice just this once.

Its not too terrible, [in the sense it could be worse].

Consider a Berry as an alternative Item option, as Lopunny wont be taking physical hits too well even in UU, and it may get a chance to active 1.

Perhaps Starf Berry, since no matter what boost you get, Agility provides you with enough Speed to get out.

tried to make it look much more presentable and detailed. Thanks bologo, your rant really was the motivation I needed to finish and clean this up.

Any other suggestions or does it look ready for analysis?

You need to specify that Cute Charm is the desired ability so you can make use of Leftovers and Starf Berry. Klutz will negate them.

Bologo

Have fun with birds and bees.
is a Contributor Alumnus
<p>The plan is to switch into a Pokemon using a support move such as Stealth Rock or a weak attack such as Rapid Spin. If you can switch Lopunny into a Ghost-type using Shadow Ball, you could really make a big play. Simply Encore them, forcing them to continue using that move. This will likely cause a switch giving you time to use Agility. Then Baton Pass to a slow but strong Pokemon and hopefully sweep. If Lopunny falls victim to Taunt, Return is there to ensure you can still hit an opponent.</p>
Other than that typo of "too" to "to", this is an insane improvment over your last one. Keep up the good work!

Thanks =D. You really helped me pull myself up to do these analysis correctly. I think I fixed all of the ones I submitted.

I would make Sub an option over Agility. It works well with Encore, and you have a more reliable way to activate your pinch berry.

Substitute being included. I originally had it on but it was in place of Encore which was a big mistake. I will do a brief paragraph on which one to choose.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)