DP Research Thread #1 ("Old")

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does Big Root affect:

- Leech Seed
- Rain Dish/Ice Body

Also how does it interact with Liquid Ooze? Will the "drainer" take more damage if it has Big Root attached?

X-Act

np: Biffy Clyro - Shock Shock
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Was Skill Swap's effect permanent in ADV? That is, if you switch the Skill Swap user out and bring it back, would it have the old or new ability? And does this happen also in DP?

Driftblim avoided Rock Slide!

I'd say that confirms it. Attacks that hit both opponents in 2v2 will have a "Pokemon avoided the attack!" message in 1v1 rather than the normal "The attack missed!" message.

Also, WTF at the U-Turn thing. It shouldn't come up much, but it's weird.
This was the same way in Advance, wasn't it? I remember my Tyranitar using Rock Slide in 2v2, and it had the "(pokemon) avoided the attack!" message.

CB Pursuit on a switching foe DOES NOT allow you to switch moves, unlike in the JPN games where you are able to.

ΩDonut

don't glaze me bro
is a Programmer Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
It seems odd that they would very suddenly change the game mechanics like that. Could you give a blow-by-blow description of the battle in which you found this?

Jibaku

Who let marco in here????
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Two-Time Past SPL Champion
Uhh...what would happen in a WiFI match?
(I'm guessing that they'll go in separate mechanics, since the U.S game might not detect the move change as illegal and proceed).

This is another reason that I'm grateful that I brought the Jap version.

In that case, Japanese games have a slight advantage in online battles when faced against the English version

This is what happened:

PaBlO sent out Metagross
Lupo sent out Weavile

Weavile is about to switch out.
Metagross used Pursuit, 50% damage.

Lupo sent in Gyarados.
Gyarados Intimidate doesn't work.

Then I clicked on ThunderPunch confidently, but I got the message: Choice Band allows the use of only one move.

choice band only allows the use of one move, but once you switch out you can choose whatever again when it comes back in (although it will lock it again).

ΩDonut

don't glaze me bro
is a Programmer Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Read the disclaimer regarding Pursuit and Choice items on the front page. (Which will now have to be re-updated.)

Uhh...what would happen in a WiFI match?
Well, in GSC they changed Present's mechanics in Crystal. If I'm not mistaken, in a Gold or Silver vs. Crystal match, Present would work like it does on Crystal. Maybe that's the case on Pursuit too?

And on the fifth generation let's remember to NOT post any glitches we discover anywhere, or they'll be fixed. ;x

Does anyone know the effects of Secret Power in D/P?

Also, what about Nature Power? I saw someone post a list of what it turns into a while ago, but I can't find it anymore.

Wild Eep

pet pet pet
is a Forum Moderatoris a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnus
A Medicham in Victory Road tried to Hi Jump Kick my Mismagius. The game said "It doesn't affect Mismagius..." and then the Medicham crashed!

I don't remember Hi Jump Kick causing crashes when attacking Ghosts in previous generations. Is this a new thing?

Jibaku

Who let marco in here????
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Two-Time Past SPL Champion
A Medicham in Victory Road tried to Hi Jump Kick my Mismagius. The game said "It doesn't affect Mismagius..." and then the Medicham crashed!

I don't remember Hi Jump Kick causing crashes when attacking Ghosts in previous generations. Is this a new thing?
New thing

It's probably a balance because it has 100 BP now, and that it technically goes right through the ghost

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)