DPP Latias (Full OU Revamp)

the original latias 3 attacks + recover set that stellar used had modest, i dont know why he took it off lol.

the original latias 3 attacks + recover set that stellar used had modest, i dont know why he took it off lol.
Probably because it can't outspeed pokemon with 100 base speed that has a +speed nature?

Not really sure though, but this is what I think.

<p>Thunderbolt deals with the few threats that don't mind taking Draco Meteor or Thunderbolt; namely, Suicune, Vaporeon, and especially Empoleon. Thunderbolt 2HKOes all the aforementioned Pokemon while providing Latias with another attack to hit Steel-types for neutral damage if it predicts incorrectly. Thunderbolt has the added advantage of KOing min HP Salamence, without resorting to the Special Attack lowering Draco Meteor, if it has switched into Stealth Rock twice.</p>.
A very slight fix but the second Thunderbolt was supposed to say Surf.

I would rather know I can't outspeed them and not take the chance rather than not killing Tyranitar or Scizor and dying...

I would rather know I can't outspeed them and not take the chance rather than not killing Tyranitar or Scizor and dying...
But surf can 2HKO scizor though regardless of nature. Also, even if you have a modest nature, you still can't beat T-tar 1-on-1 anyways.

SoT

I leave and they change my avatar to this?
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
<p>Offensive Calm Mind Latias is very simple to use. Simply bring it in on one of the many Pokemon which cannot hurt it badly, use Calm Mind, and sweep. If Latias’ HP gets to low then you can have it Recover off the damage.</p>

Caelum

qibz official stalker
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I don't like the first sentence of the opinion section ("recently voted to OU" etc, don't bother mentioning that). Also, in the Counters section, you mention Blissey switches into just about everything but I'd put in a note to be weary of Trick.

Fix those up and I'll read it over again and figure out how this analysis is going to work (e.g. how it's going to fit when Latias practically needs its own uber analysis).

Jimbo

take me anywhere
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
It can be either, as long as it's consistent. Personally I think Latias' looks a lot nicer, neater, and more concise (having s's looks dumb imo).

They both are grammatically correct. The only reason you would ever have to end with the apostrophe is if the object in question is plural.

TAY

You and I Know
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I was previously going to edit legal IV spreads into every legendary Pokemon's dex entry, but I realized it would look to cluttered. I am actually working on a guide which lists every useful hidden power for every nature that isn't -SpAtk or neutral everything.

I was previously going to edit legal IV spreads into every legendary Pokemon's dex entry, but I realized it would look to cluttered. I am actually working on a guide which lists every useful hidden power for every nature that isn't -SpAtk or neutral everything.
That would actually be very useful. I was about to make a bold Latias with HP fire on shoddy, but couldn't find any IV spreads that were legal and gave me HP fire so I was forced to use substitute instead.

Caelum

qibz official stalker
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
<p>Whether you choose Modest or Timid is really a matter of what you need Latias to do for your team. Modest makes it a much better wall breaker, since 10% damage coming from 110 base Special Attack and a 140 base power attack with STAB actually winds up being quite a bit. If you need Latias to perform as more of a late game sweeper, then Timid is the better choice, as it will allow Latias to outspeed most things that try to revenge kill it.</p>
I'm pretty sure, technically speaking, that the damage output is not exactly 10% greater when switching from Modest to Timid. It's very close to 10% (in that it appears that way) but that's technically not correct. Rewrite that and I'll look this over later and figure out with darkie how this is going to fit lol.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)