Dragonite is Back!

Finally, the long awaited 5th Gen RMT's are here. And after much testing on PO, I found this team to be the best. Before I start the actual team, I find that Shaymin has been covering way too many weaknesses than it should have to, if you see a way to cover some weaknesses that Shaymin does but no other pokemon do, please let me know. On another note, I would also like for you to read through the comments after reading the actual team, it will help to keep you updated on what is being tested.

Images by Arkeis.

To start, I wanted an attacking lead that can deal a lot of damage. In this case, Crobat was perfect with its astonishing speed and attack high enough to OHKO a lot of leads.

Next, I wanted a main sweeper, so I went with one of my favorite ones from Gen 4, Dragonite. He proved to still be a huge threat in Gen 5.

Then I wanted a FWG core, which brings back some of the best of 4th gen.

Finally, I needed a revenge killer. Something that would be able to take out almost anything that came in. And Latios was perfect.

While Latios was a great Revenge Killer, it added another Ice weakness which lead me to Heatran, to fix this problem.

Starmie was too frail to switch into anything, and I needed something a little less bulky. Kingdra was a perfect fit.

Crobat worked well, but not having Stealth Rock hurt a lot, and I needed a fast lead that could put up Stealth Rock and get an attack off. Azelf could do all of those things.

While Heatran did work as planned, I still needed a Doryuuzu counter and something else physical, so Terakion was a perfect fit.

I thought Azelf was working pretty well, but having a suicide lead wasn't helping in the long run; enter Metagross.

In-Depth

Metagross @ Lum Berry
Trait: Clear Body
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Def / 4 Spd
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Stealth Rock
- Meteor Mash
- Bullet Punch
- Rock Slide

Role: Set up Stealth Rock and do some damage.

Moveset: Stealth Rock is a must for teams, and Metagross was the only pokemon that fit in. Meteor Mash and Bullet Punch OHKOs both leads, and helps Metagross do some damage later in the game. After 1 Meteor Mash Attack raise, Metagross usually doesn't go down without taking at least one with it. Rock Slide is more of a filler, to hit Flying types. I'm not exactly sure what to put here, let me know what you think.

EVs, Nature, and Item: The EVs are pretty standard, they give Metagross a lot of bulk to set up Stealth Rocks easily and also be able to come back later in the game to do some damage.

Change: Metagross replaced Azelf which replaced Crobat, and I'm liking Metagross a lot better.

Dragonite (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Inner Focus
EVs: 4 SpD / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Dragon Dance
- Dragon Claw
- ExtremeSpeed
- Fire Punch -- Previously Earthquake

Role: Main Sweeper

Moveset: Dragon Dance is great for setting up. After +1 Attack and Speed, Dragonite can rip through most teams with ease thanks to this moveset. Dragon Claw is great for other Dragons, and especially after +1, since it outruns most other Dragons and OHKO's them. Then, Fire Punch is very useful for taking out those pesky Steel types (this will not be replaced with Roost, so don't bother suggesting it). And finally, ExtremeSpeed is amazing when I need to get rid of something after a Focus Sash, or just the need to outspeed the foe and take him/her out quickly.

EVs, Nature, and Item: The EVs and Nature are pretty standard, and the Item is great when it comes to surviving some attacks with just a little HP left.

Change: Most likely not, since Dragonite is the main sweeper. Some people recommend Salamence over Dragonite, but ExtremeSpeed is need to pull off a successful sweep.

Shaymin @ Leftovers
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Seed Flare
- Earth Power
- Leech Seed
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Role: First part of a FWG core and a bulky Special Sweeper.

Moveset: Seed Flare is a must for all Shaymins, thanks to its extremely high base power. Earth Power takes out Heatrans, which are still common 5th gen and usually switch in on Shaymin. Leech Seed is for regaining some extra HP and is very useful against stallers. The combination of Leech Seed and Leftovers gets Shaymin back to max health easily. Finally, Hidden Power [Fire] is just to get some damage off against Scizor or Nattorei. Even though it won't OHKO, it still does enough damage for Dragonite to come in and take it out with ExtremeSpeed.

EVs, Nature, and Item: Standard all around.

Change: Probably not changing this, it ties together the team quite nicely.

Kingdra (M) @ Life Orb
Trait: Swift Swim
- Rain Dance
- Hydro Pump
- Signal Beam
- Dragon Pulse

Role: The water part of a FWG core. Also, a counter to a lot of threats to this team such as Kingdra.

Moveset: Rain Dance makes Kingdra outrun basically everything, which allows Kingdra to sweep. Hydro Pump in the rain OHKOs most switch-ins, unless its Not Very Effective. Signal Beam is for Grass types, or whatever else it can hit (Psychic types), and finally Dragon Pulse is for other Kingdras and Dragon types that switch in. With these moves, Kingdra can pretty much cover anything that comes in.

EVs, Nature, and Item: All of these give Kingdra all the Speed it needs to counter some major threats.

Change: Kingdra replaced Starmie for something less frail, and a Kingdra counter.

Blaziken (M) @ Balloon
Ability: Speed Boost
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spd
- Swords Dance -- Previously Protect
- Flare Blitz
- Hi Jump Kick
- Stone Edge -- Previously Earthquake

Role: Complete a FWG core and a strong, fast, fire/fighting pokemon.

Moveset: Swords Dance gives Blaziken some much needed power that goes great with Speed Boost. At +2 Attack and a couple Speed Boosts, teams that aren't prepared are about to get 6-0'd. Flare Blitz is the most powerful move, a great Fire type move which gives Blaziken enough power to OHKO a lot of the metagame. Same with Hi Jump Kick, its great for taking out Doryuuzu if Blaziken is in before it, along with being a powerful Fighting move in general. Finally, Stone Edge is for other Blazikens or other Flying types that may come in.

EVs, Nature, and Item: The EVs and Nature help make Blaziken the powerful sweeper it is. Then the Item is because pretty much every team has an Earthquake somewhere, and that OHKO's every time. This way, Blaziken has a chance of surviving.

Change: Right now, I can't find anything better.
-- Arkeis didn't have a drawing for this yet.
Terakion @ Balloon
Trait: Justice Heart
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
- Close Combat
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide
- Rock Polish

Role: Revenge Killer (sorta).

Moveset: This moveset gives Terakion enough to cover almost everything it comes in on. Close Combat for things like Doryuuzu, which thanks to Balloon, Terakion can counter, but only if it has a balloon, otherwise Earthquake can take it out easily. Earthquake works well on most other foes too, thanks to its 100 Base Power and 100% Accuracy. If I know Earthquake can kill something, I'll go with that over a STAB move so I don't get haxed. Rock Slide is great for Gyarados, and Bug pokemon, especially Urugamosu. It's also a great STAB attack for when Earthquake won't kill something and Close Combat is Not Very Effective. Finally, Rock Polish is for when I know the opponent will switch, then after that, I can sweep.

EVs, Nature, and Item: The EVs, Nature, and Item give Terakion the power to be a Doryuuzu counter, and an excellent physical sweeper as well.

Change: Latios used to have this spot, then Heatran did, but for some reason, I was walled by Blissey/Chansey so Terakion took over.

Former Members​

Azelf @ Focus Sash
Trait: Levitate
- Stealth Rock
- U-turn
- Ice Punch
- Zen Headbutt

Latios (M) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Levitate
- Draco Meteor
- Thunderbolt -- Previously Energy Ball
- Psychic
- Surf

Starmie @ Life Orb
Ability: Natural Cure
- Thunderbolt
- Boil Over
- Psychic -- Previously Psycho Shock
- Ice Beam

Crobat (M) @ Choice Band
Ability: Inner Focus
- Brave Bird
- Cross Poison
- Pursuit
- U-turn

Heatran (M) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Flash Fire
- Fire Blast
- Earth Power
- Dragon Pulse
- Hidden Power [Electric]

Tested Pokemon​

Suicune @ Leftovers
Ability: Water Absorb
- Ice Beam
- Hidden Power [Electric]
- Boil Over
- Extrasensory

Suicune was supposed to replace Starmie, but without the Speed, Suicune just didn't cut it.

Roobushin (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Guts
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Def
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Bulk Up
- Drain Punch
- Mach Punch
- Payback

Roobushin was supposed to replace Blaziken for a better Doryuuzu counter, but the lack of a Fire type move hurt way too much.

Jirachi @ Leftovers
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spd
- Stealth Rock
- Iron Head
- Fire Punch
- Drain Punch

Jirachi was supposed to replace Blaziken, but it couldn't do a thing against Doryuuzu and its moves weren't strong enough.

Vaporeon (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Water Absorb
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SDef
Calm Nature (+SDef, -Atk)
- Boil Over
- Wish
- Ice Beam
- Protect / Toxic

Vaporeon was supposed to replace Starmie, but I lost Thunderbolt and Psycho Shock, which hurt a lot.

Jarooda (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Perversity
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
- Leaf Storm
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Substitute
- Leech Seed
Jarooda was supposed to replace Shaymin, but it didn't have the type coverage I needed it to.

Infernape (M) @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Blaze
EVs: 192 Atk / 64 SAtk / 252 Spd
Hasty Nature (+Spd, -Def)
- Close Combat
- U-turn
- Stone Edge
- Fire Blast

Infernape was supposed to replace Terakion as a Revenge Killer, but I lost my Doryuuzu counter which hurt a lot in the long run.
Conclusion​

This team utilizes some of the best of 4th Gen, and makes them great for 5th gen. Especially Latios, which isn't Uber this gen (yet?) so it is a huge threat for other teams. And Dragonite, one of the best sweepers in 4th Gen, is still just as good 5th Gen. Finally, Blaziken, Speed Boost gives it the extra edge to become an effective OU sweeper.

A Few Threats​

In-Weather Threats

If Blaziken comes in after Doryuuzu, I'm screwed. Dragonite sometimes works, but only if its Balloon is already popped.
My only hope is for Latios or Dragonite to survive an Outrage. Other than that, Kingdra tears this team apart.
Ludicolo has something Super Effective against every member or this team (except Kingdra, which was recently added in), and in rain, it outspeeds them too.

Out-of-Weather Threats

Even if I do have Stealth Rocks (from testing), Urugamosu can take out pretty much everyone easily.​

A Last Glance​

Nice team. First off, I want to say that this team is a little outdated, like you said, it uses only 4th gen pokemon. I would just like to update it a little. Like you said in your Blaziken set, Roobushin could be a good change. I would have to say that putting in Roobushin is a great idea, and should go with the set as follows:

Roobushin @ Leftovers
Guts
Adamant
252 HP/252 Atk/4 Def
-Bulk Up
-Mach Punch
-Drain Punch
-Payback

This set provides a great Doryuuzu counter, since it would be able to survive anything it uses (assuming it's not +2). Then you could come back with a Drain Punch and OHKO. I've used this set before, and works great all around too. Even before 1 Bulk Up, it has over 400 Atk which goes great with Mach Punch and Drain Punch. Then Payback just covers whatever Mach Punch and Drain Punch dont.

On another note, I think you should replace Latios with Eccentric Ditto. Like you said, it is a counter to basically any team and it would work better than Latios. Just make sure it has Eccentric and a Choice Scarf, so it outruns whatever it comes in on and it automatically transforms. This would give you a Kingdra counter, as well, since Dragon is Super Effective against itself. Ditto guarantees at least one kill, usually.

One final note: I don't see Starmie as much of a threat to this team. Shaymin can survive an Ice Beam and take it out, also, if Ditto replaces Latios, Ditto would be able to deal with Starmie easily. Good Luck!

I played you when you were using this team! :D

I disagree with the above post. If you switch in Doryuuzu on Blaziken, all Blaziken has to do is protect and it outspeeds, even in the Sandstorm.

Plus all three of his moves OHKO Doryuuzu (I think bar Earthquake) but that's not really a problem.

Thanks for the rates!

@MixedCalibur
I know that if Doryuuzu switches in on Blaziken, I'm fine. But if Blaziken switches in on Doryuuzu, just 1 Protect won't allow Blaziken to outspeed. So I think I might just have to try Roobushin.

@iNoob
Roobushin sounds like a good idea, since as I stated above, Blaziken only works if he is in before Doryuuzu. I'll have to give it a try. You also said that Ditto would work over Latios, while this would provide a Kingdra counter, if it comes in late game I'm screwed, especially if its my last and it has to come in on something like a Blissey. So, for that reason, I think I'll keep Latios. Finally, you said that Starmie wasn't much of a threat, but after more testing, Timid Starmie can outrun most of this team and pick them off 1 by 1. My revenge killer, Latios, while faster with the scarf, can't do much against Starmie. After Shaymin is gone, I'm swept, so I am going to try what I thought about before, replacing Starmie with Suicune. I plan to adjust Suicune's moveset to have the same type coverage as Starmie, while giving some extra bulk. I'll test it when I get the time.

Hi, nice team. You mentioned potentially changing Starmie to "something less frail". In my team I use a Vaporeon, which isn't as good as Suicune at countering threats, but is extremely bulky and gets Wish, so it could be useful. A typical Vaporeon set might look like this, which I stole from supermarth64's analysis:

name: Wish Support
move 1: Boiling Water
move 2: Wish
move 3: Protect
move 4: Roar / Ice Beam / HP Electric
item: Leftovers
nature: Bold
evs: 192 HP / 252 Def / 64 SpD

Despite not having a good Sp. Atk stat, it still 2HKOs even the most specially bulky Doryuuzu, which isn't feasible anyway. Vaporeon's only real problems are other Vaporeon, Ditto, and Blissey. Oh, and anything with a status move.

Again, nice team! You've really put a lot of thought into this, I can tell.

scarftran mess up your team badly if starmie is gone, he is loosing popularity this gen but you should patch it up you also need too worry about the occasional electivire lulz (couldn't type that with a straight face) but don't worry no one use him.

can't help much right now but I suggest putting Heatran in the threat list

The.Lost.Hylian

Conquer your Shadow
is a Researcher Alumnus
I was hoping for a different Dragonite... instead I see a standard set "different" only because of the new ability lol.

If you really wanna see Dragonite's potential, throw him in with Politoed with Choice Scarf and Hurricane (100% accurate)/Thunder (100% Accurate)/Draco Meteor (lol damage)/Superpower (stfu Blissey)

Nice team, but I was hoping for more :\

Thanks for all the rates!

@Galladiator
Having Vaporeon would be great if all I wanted was something less frail, but I also need something to counter threats, which rules out Vaporeon.

@Heero
Scarftran only hurts this team if it's able to switch repeatedly. And at that point, Blaziken should be able to outspeed after 1 or 2 Speed Boosts. Also, like you said
heero said:
electivire lulz
Plus, Roobushin may be switched in for Blaziken which would take out Heatran with ease.

@The.Lost.Hylian
I actually have that set on a Rain Dance team that I have but it didn't exactly fit on this team. I would've utilized Dragonite's new ability if I put Roost on Dragonite, but Earthquake is much more useful in this metagame.

I'll also be updating the team after some more testing.

EDIT: I tested both Suicune and Roobushin, together and separately, didn't work at all.

Big ass Ice weakness. And your switch ins aren't exactly bulky. Fear CB Mamoswine that's for sure.

Dragonite much prefers Fire Punch over EQ since many Steels wall you otherwise (Skarmory, Bronzong, Nattorei) and it hits Scizor harder.

EQ has poor coverage on Blaziken as well. It doesn't need it for Doryuzuu when it already has HJK. Swap it either for a Rock attack for fliers or Shadow Claw for Shandera, Burungeru and L@tias.

You want a bulky water with Stealth Rock? There's always Swampert.

Finally replace Energy Ball on Latios with either Thunderbolt or Trick. Crippling the opponent is always handy.

@Galladiator, Vaporeon has more base special attack than Starmie.

Roost appears to be incompatible with Multi-Scale (unless it is a dream world move), and I find Multi-Scale very good because it allows Dragonite to survive Ice Shards and odd Stone Edges, Ice Punches, etc.

I think Cross Poison is pretty redundant, as the only type it hits super effectively is Grass, which is hit harder by Brave Bird and hard by U-turn anyways. It also has a crappy 70 base power. Electric, Rock and Steel resist Flying moves, and Electric is the only one even hit neutrally by Poison. Maybe Taunt could fix that, however, it would be a little hard to use with a Choice Band. Hidden Power Ground hits all 3 types that resist Brave Bird for super effective damage, though being a special attack, having just 70 base power, and seeing a lot of Balloon user running around, it probably sucks too.

I agree with Jaroda with that BIG Ice weakness, with 4 guys weak to Ice. It convinces me more to say scrap Crobat.

I also agree with Jaroda with Fire Punch on Dragonite. Look at all the Steels carrying Balloons, too (like Heatran and Doryuuzu).

Thanks for the rates.

@Jaroda
I knew I had an Ice weakness, but I never really saw it as a problem while testing. But now that you mention it, Mamoswine has been somewhat of a problem, seeing that my only counter was Blaziken and like you said, it's not very bulky. I'll have to try Fire Punch on Dragonite, never thought of it but seems good. Also, I'll give a Rock move on Blaziken a try when I get the chance. Finally, Energy Ball on Latios is kind of pointless, since Draco Meteor usually kills whatever Energy Ball would, so I'll test Thunderbolt.

@Zeburaika
Roost was never really much of an option for me, and as for Cross Poison, all I really needed was something to fill the slot, and with the Choice Band, I didn't see much else to put there so I just went with Cross Poison. And I'd hate to scrap Crobat, since it usually takes out at least one pokemon that could be a threat. Also, since Skymin's been running around, Crobat's Inner Focus helps a lot since it resists most of Skymin's attaks then comes back and hits it hard with Brave Bird.

I will be adding Mamoswine to the threat list, and I'll think about what can be changed to help fix this. If any of you have any suggestions, please let me know.

EDIT: Fire Punch on Dragonite and Stone Edge on Blaziken both work great, I'll update the team.

Roost appears to be incompatible with Multi-Scale (unless it is a dream world move), and I find Multi-Scale very good because it allows Dragonite to survive Ice Shards and odd Stone Edges, Ice Punches, etc.
Dragonite learns Roost via leveling up. It is absolutely compatible with Multi Scale.

Your team is better, although I still think you need something big and bulky to take a hit. You tried Suicune before but why not try a Calm Mind version with ChestoRest? It takes hits amazingly well.

Right. Oops. Just need the relearner. And yeah it is funny to try to convince someone to use Fire Punch because Heatran with a Balloon would be immune to EQ.

Now Mamoswine is even more of a threat since EQ hits Heatran harder than Icicle Drop on Latios. Remember Heatran is not that big of a threat since mamoswines from the Dream World get Thick Fat.

Water Pokemon carrying Ice moves (like almost all Water types except Kerudio and some real stallers do) hit everyone but Starmie for super effective damage. In fact, Starmie itself looks like a decent counter since they usually carry Thunderbolt, Ice Beam and whatever water move of choice.

Thanks for the rates.

@Jaroda
See, the problem with Suicune is that it's not fast enough. The set I had would have worked but it wasn't fast enough to counter the threats I needed it to counter. I updated the thread to say why they didn't work in the Tested Members section.

@Zeburaika
Even though some Mamoswine have Thick Fat, Mamoswine does have pretty poor Special Defense so a Heatran Fire Blast should be able to OHKO regardless of its ability. And as for Water pokemon, Shaymin can take an Ice beam and come back and KO it. Or, for the less bulky waters, Heatran can take it out with Hidden Power [Electric]. As for bulky waters, Shaymin also fixes this with Seed Flare. One thing I'm concerned about is Shaymin covers too many weaknesses. If Shaymin is gone, there's a pretty good chance of me getting swept.

In that case switch Starmie out for a Vaporeon. Vaporeon can use Wish to get your Dragonite back to Multi Scale range and keep your Shaymin healthy. It also outright absorbs Water, resists Ice, and is extremely bulky. It can burn with Boiling Water protecting your team even further, and can even nullify all weather simply by using Hail. All those Swift Swim, Chlorophyll and Sand Throw users are now extremely neutered. It also threatens Mamoswine with boiling water, just make sure you have a bulky spread. Try this.

Vaporeon@Leftovers
Water Absorb
Bold/Calm/Modest 252 HP / 252 Df / 4 SpA
Boiling Water
Wish
Hail/Toxic/Baton Pass
Substitute/Protect/Ice Beam

You'll be amazed how much more survivability your team has from passing 232 HP Wishes. Your final two options depends on what you want your team to have. You can Baton Pass 116 HP Substitutes, which will really help your Dragonite and Blaziken set up boosts and be immune to status. You can Toxic stall tough opponents. Or you can neutralize weather bonuses for your enemy. I think he's exactly what your team needs.

Thanks for another rate.

@Jaroda
Since you're not the first person to suggest a Vaporeon, I'll have to give it a try. Just one thing I'd like to point out is that Dragonite does not currently have Multi Scale. But when I try this set, I'll have to give it Multi Scale. Only reason I'm running Inner Focus at the moment is because Skymins have been on a large amount of teams, and Inner Focus with Fire Punch takes them out. So like I said, I'll give it a try.

But isn't that what Crobat is for? Crobat already has Inner Focus, 4x resists both STABs, and is immune to Earth Power. Skymin needs HP Ice and Scarf to outspeed and hurt Crobat.

As a result, perhaps you should make Dragonite bulky. Give him HP EVs and sacrifice a little speed and attack, which are remedied by Dragon Dance anyway. Dragonite can survive STAB Outrage from full health, it's incredible.

While Crobat does counter Skymin quite nicely, Crobat usually isn't around late game and if it is, it usually doesnt have much HP from Brave Bird recoil. This is why I'm testing Mamoswine in the lead position, it has Stealth Rock, which helps this team a lot considering that after 1 Butterfly Dance, Urugamosu can sweep me (forgot to add that to the threat list), has one of the strongest Earthquakes in the game, and has Ice Shard/Icicle Drop, which are 4x Super Effective against Skymin. So for that reason, I think Crobat will be scrapped after some more testing. Also, I would be able to remove Mamoswine from the threat list. And I may end up using Multi Scale on Dragonite, I'll have to test it once I'm done with Mamoswine.

EDIT: Mamoswine is not working out, testing your set now.

Unless the atlas moth has been giving you problems in testing, it doesn't look like a counter on paper. Blaziken and Heatran both resist its STABs, and Blaziken has Stone Edge. Blaziken has to watch out for Psychic, and they both have to watch out for odd Hidden Powers, but otherwise, it looks like you have 2 counters to Ulgamoth (Urugamosu, whatever).

Thanks for the rate.

Blaziken is pretty much my only counter, and Stone Edge always seems to miss at bad times, then Heatran can't do much against it since it has high Special Defense and no Super Effective moves. He'll usually be able to set up on Heatran for that reason and be able to sweep. And after 1 Butterfly dance, Blaziken has to risk a second Protect to be able to outspeed, and while risking that Protect, he may set up again, making Blaziken useless. So for that reason, Urugamosu stays a huge threat. And it has been giving me problems while testing, part of this is because, like I said, I don't have Stealth Rocks. Possibly after Stealth Rock damage, Dragonite would be able to kill with ExtremeSpeed if he's taken some Life Orb damage.

EDIT: Vaporeon hasn't been working out, and having Multi Scale wasn't any better than Inner Focus. Like I said before, Skymin's have been everywhere and Crobat's not usually around late game, so until Skymin is banned (if it gets banned), Dragonite will stick with Inner Focus.

Kingdra is a good choice, but if you're actually using it as a sweeper than use Surf or Hydro Pump. The extra power from STAB and Rain will get you many more OHKOs. Boil Over is better on a tankish set. Although Rain erally hurts both your Blaziken and Heatran. It's not good team synergy. Why not go mixed sweeper with Dragon Dance?

Dragon Dance
Waterfall
Draco Meteor
Outrage

I don't see how Acrobta counters Ludicolo since it will undoubtedly be faster in the rain, and your Zen Headbutt does more damage unless your sash is broken anyway. I don't think the coverage is particularly good. Maybe use Flamethrower or a support move like Reflect to set up behind. Your Blaziken will certainly like that.

Your team is coming along nicely now though. Much better than before.

Thanks for the rate!

I will being changing Boil Over to Surf, I would go with Hydro Pump but with my luck, I'll probably end up missing at crucial times. And as for the Dragon Dance set, I need to have a special attacker since if you see the edit, Terakion is being tested for Heatran's spot for better type coverage overall, and I'm not sure how but I end up getting walled by Blissey near the end of most matches. For if Terakion is switched in for Heatran, Rain Dance will stay, otherwise, I'll find something else to put there or maybe even try the Dragon Dance set. Also, I see where you're coming from with Acrobat, it doesn't counter Ludicolo and it can still do a lot of damage, so I'll give Reflect a try. But having Signal Beam on Kingdra helps a lot, since it outspeeds Ludicolo in rain and it's super effective. But like I said, that depends on Terakion.

Your team is much better than before.
Azelf...Hmm...It looks like you should run
Stealth Rock
Psycho Shock/Psychic
Thunderbolt (for flyers)
Energy Ball/Grass Knot (Ground leads, and many Ground types are fat)
If you're so scared of Ludicolo, I think U-Turn would be much better than Acrobat, considering that you will almost never see a Ludicolo out of a rain team.

Terakion eh? Terakion with Baloon is a great Doryuzu check since it has to pop it for the KO and Terakion can use SE Close Combat.

Thanks for the rate.

@Zeburaika
I think I'll try that, since Terakion is working out, and that would bring back the 3 special - 3 physical balance. But instead of Thunderbolt, I'll put U-Turn there since there aren't too many Flying leads. That way, I still keep Grass Knot for things like Hippowdon and Tyranitar.

@Jaroda
I actually never thought of that. I've been running Choice Scarf for as much Speed as possible, but I'll have to give that a try. Only problem is, if it gets hit prior to Doryuuzu, I lose my revenge killer and Doryuuzu sweeps, unless Kingdra can survive and set up a Rain Dance.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)