#DW Teambats!

Hello Dreamworld, glad we made it as an official tier and garnered a lot of respect as the third most active tier on Smogon. Teambats have been an activity used by the NU tier as far back as DPP and recently found a resurgence among lower tiers in BW, receiving a lot of attention and activity amongst NU and RU.​

The specifics of teambats are as follows:

- When a host designates a time for a teambat and you are willing to participate, you will be assigned to a team.​
-Go to the channel in which you are assigned (#team1, #team2, etc.)
- The objective of the Teambat is to build the best team possible within a given amount of time and that follows set restrictions. The average amount of time given is about 20 minutes but can vary from 10 to 30 depending on the restrictions.

-The restrictions can vary pending upon the host's desire and can range from a simple "build any team" to "build a team around X mon or X type;" there can even be teambats that ban the use of certain mons or abilities (aka weather). For a few examples of what a teambat's theme could be check here.​

-When the time is up and you and your team are finished you must export the team to a pastebin and designate a user to battle for your team. The battles are usually held on the Smogon Server but can be held elsewhere if the server is down. While the battle is going on you and your teammates can help your battler on the IRC chan by coaching them through tough decisions and such, just be aware of the timer because it WILL be in effect.​

The teambats will be announced on the forums between 2 days in advance or 30 minutes pending on what the host(s) wish. If the teambat is announced more than a day in advance it will be announced below, while one's to be held on the same day will be announced as individual posts.​

NEXT TEAMBAT:

February 10th @ TBA (GMT -5)

Restriction hint: TBA

TEAMBAT HOSTS:

-Steamroll​

-Birkal​

-Natgeo​

-Karpman​

-Kuja20​

-HardCore​

**I am looking for more diverse timezones than EST so users from all timezones don't have to go incredibly out of their way to participate.​

Recorded Teambats:

Teambat #1 Jan 30th, 2012

Restrictions: Build a standard team in 30 minutes

Team 1: Kuja20 / DTC / AOPSUser (joined for battle)

Pokemon: Politoed / Genesect / Serperior / Zapdos / Jirachi / Manaphy

Team 2: Ala / Karpman / Birkal (joined 10 minutes in)

Pokemon: Tangrowth / Zapdos / Tentacruel / Politoed / Jirachi / Genesect

Winner: Team 2

Battle Replay:

Teambat #2

Restrictions: Mons above 8% usage for January are banned

Team 1: Karpman / Lady Salamence / Matthew

Pokemon: Hippowdon / Garchomp / Excadrill / Latias / Infernape / Jirachi

Team 2: Hawkstar / Hardcore / Skynet

Pokemon: Hippowdon / Keldeo / Rotom-C / Garchomp / Excadrill / Thundurus

Winner: Team2

Battle Replay:

Standings:

Ala: 1 point (1 battle)

Hawkstar: 1 point (1 battle)

Skynet: 1 point (1 battle)

Hardcore: 1 point (1 battle)

Birkal: 1 point (1 battle)

Karpman: 1 point (2 battles)

Matthew: 0 points (1 battle)​

Lady Salamence: 0 points (1 battle)​

Aopsuser: 0 points (1 battle)

Kuja20: 0 points (1 battle)

DTC: 0 points (1 battle)

Hi I'm a dumbass and forgot that most people have school today, delayed the teambat by four hours to make up for it.

Teambat #1 Jan 30th, 2012

Restrictions: Build a standard team in 30 minutes

Team 1: Kuja20 / DTC / AOPSUser (joined for battle)
Pokemon: Politoed / Genesect / Serperior / Zapdos / Jirachi / Manaphy
Pastebin

Team 2: Ala / Karpman / Birkal (joined 10 minutes in)
Pokemon: Tangrowth / Zapdos / Tentacruel / Politoed / Jirachi / Genesect
Pastebin

Winner: Team 2
Battle Replay:
http://pokemon.aesoft.org/replay-Akai-vs-ala--2012-01-30-1

An interesting opening teambat for #dw. Zapdos vs. Zapdos trying to stall each other out for the majority of the battle. Here's to many more in the future and the other hosts can now begin to host their own Teambats, just notify us in this thread and post with the same format as Teambat #1 is in.

Joeyboy

Has got the gift of gab
is a Team Rater Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
this seems really cool and I'd love to partake :), I'm EST timezone though as well.

Ps. That Zapdos stall was booooorrrring haha

Teambat #2 Feb 2nd, 2012

Restrictions: Mons above 8% usage for January are banned

Team 1: Karpman / Lady Salamence / Matthew
Pokemon: Hippowdon / Garchomp / Excadrill / Latias / Infernape / Jirachi
Pastebin

Team 2: Hawkstar / Hardcore / Skynet
Pokemon: Hippowdon / Keldeo / Rotom-C / Garchomp / Excadrill / Thundurus
Pastebin

Winner: Team2
Battle Replay:
http://pokemon.aesoft.org/replay-HardCore-vs-Gen-Empoleon--2012-02-02

Gen. Empoleon: DO ANYTHING
Gen. Empoleon: AND I
Gen. Empoleon: MAKE A CHANGE
ORLY: rofl
Gen. Empoleon: TAKE A CHANCE
Art of Ruin: use swords dance
Steamroll: lol
Gen. Empoleon: OUT OF THE DARKNESS AND INTO THE SUN
HardCore: and break away!
Steamroll: LOL
Steamroll: YOURE SO DRUNK YOU CANT SING RIGHT
[RS]Seed Bomb Testt is watching the battle.
HardCore: I'll spread my wings and I'll learn how to fly and something....
Gen. Empoleon: DO ANYTHING AS I TOUCH THE SKY
[RS]Seed Bomb Testt stopped watching the battle.
Jupiter Djinn: break away, etc
HardCore: yeah

Genny Edit:
OUT OF THE DARKNESS AND INTO THE SUN

Team Bats in this tier was a great idea. You get to see how it is working with a team that actually cooperates and can maneuver around the restrictions. The restrictions for this tournament banned some of my favorite Pokemon, but our team gave nothing but positive and good suggestions and we won in the end. It would have been fun even if we lost. The people that I worked with and played against all had positive attitudes and made the experience fun.

Great Game and much fun and remember it's a team effort if you all add to the stack of cash you're all winners!

Sorry I'm doing this on such short notice, But i am apartment shopping and I'm likely going to miss this teambat. Next one is in 55 minutes, if a host could kindly, well, host; that'd be lovely.

And Check that statement from Sunday. I decided that since the teambats have really been misfiring lately, I will be setting a 3-day a week schedule where they will be hosted. Times will be announced later, but for now they will be hosted on Tuesdays, Fridays and Sundays. I also have to do some major updating with my signature below so the next one will be held on Friday, with a time to be set.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)