Dynamic Entry!!!

I wanted to try to get into UU, so after looking at the tierlist, I eventually decided on this team. I started by looking for a lead, and then walls, phazers, sweepers, and revenge killers, and settled on these guys here. Enjoy!

Ambipom @ Silk Scarf
Trait: Technician
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature (+Spe, -SAtk)
- Fake Out
- Return
- Taunt
- U-Turn

Ambipom seemed like a good lead, so I chose him. Fake Out is boosted by Technician and the gem, to ensure that i hit hard. After that, Return and Acrobatics are the main attacks, depending on which is better. Pursuit hits ghosts and retreating foes. The EVs are to make sure I hit hard while outspeeding other leads.

Empoleon @ Leftovers
Trait: Torrent
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SDef
Calm Nature (+SDef, -Atk)
- Scald
- Toxic
- Stealth Rock
- Roar

Well, if Petaya Berry isn't legal yet, I guess I'll have to settle for specially bulky Empoleon. Good thing it works as well as it does. Scald makes sure I'm not taunt fodder, burns physical sweepers, and provides STAB that works well with Torrent. Toxic breaks walls like Milotic, and Stealth Rock is the entry hazard that my team can always use. Roar is for phazing and racking up SR damage. Once Deoxys has paralyzed the faster Pokemon on the opponent's team, Empoleon roars them around.

Heracross @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Guts
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature (+Spe, -SAtk)
- Megahorn
- Close Combat
- Aerial Ace
- Stone Edge

I needed a fast revenge killer, and I've always liked Heracross, so why not? I chose Guts over Moxie because I generally don't keep him in very long. Megahorn hits Alakazam and Slowbro the hardest, Close Combat is for Bisharp, while Night Slash is better for ghosts and more accurate than Megahorn. Stone Edge hits threats like Sigilyph. The EVs let it outspeed a lot with a scarf. With team preview and good prediction, I can catch enemies by surprise and OHKO them with a supereffective move.

Rotom-H @ Choice Specs
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spe
Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
- Volt Switch
- Overheat
- Hidden Power Ice
- Trick

I was in need of a special attacker, so I used this guy, who had worked well in the past. Volt Switch is to scout and for STAB. Overheat is my main STAB for when I want to stay in, and does good damage to just about everything. HP Ice hits dragons and ground types for supereffective damage, and is mainly for coverage. Trick lets me hand my specs to a wall or physical attacker, and then be free to pick among my moves.

Deoxys-D @ Leftovers
Trait: Pressure
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SAtk
Bold Nature: (+Def, -Atk)
- Recover
- Thunder Wave
- Spikes
- Night Shade

Deoxys-D is a freaking champ. With no SDef investment at all, he still has a 356 in that stat. He can take ridiculous hits from both sides, and cripple opposing sweepers with T-Wave so that Nidoking, Heracross, or Empoleon can come in and take advantage. Recover is to regain health. Ice Beam hits dragons and Psychic is its main STAB against fighting types. This guy is an absolute beast, and the star of my team.

Nidoking @ Life Orb
Trait: Sheer Force
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SAtk / 252 Spe
Rash Nature (+SAtk, -SDef)
- Sucker Punch
- Earth Power
- Ice Beam
- Flamethrower

When I learned about LO Sheer Force Nidoking, I knew I wanted to try him out. The EVs are to hit hard and fast. Sucker Punch hits sweepers low on health who would normally outspeed him. Ice Beam and Flamethrower are for coverage, and Earth Power is its main STAB. He's not that fast, but once Deoxys has paralyzed the enemy's faster pokes, or Heracross has outright killed them, he can shine. For this reason, I'm debating using Rash Nature (+SAtk, -SDef) instead of Naive, so let me know what you think.

Well, that's my UU team. Let me know what you think, any suggestions are appreciated.

Use this ambipom set instead, yours kinda stinks no offense

Ambipom @silk scarf
252 SPE 252 ATK 4 HP
Jolly nature
-Fake Out
-Return
-Taunt
-U-turn

OK thanks honchkrow I made those Ambipom changes. Any suggestions for the rest of the team? Different EVs or moves on anyone?

Very Great team, good coverage, I can't find a weakness. Only one thing, Silk Scarf Ambipom isn't very good. Fake Out is the main attack of ambipom, letting him take out lot of HP freely due to Technician + STAB + 100% Flinch Rate. But with Silk Scarf You will be trapped on Fake Out or Taunt, and this is very bad because this will let a free turn to your opponent, wich could become dangerous if he does Dragon Dance/ Swords Dance/ Nasty Plot etc... Keep this moveset but replace Silk Scarf by a Life Orb, this will be [I think] the same power and you won't be blocked on a Fake Out/Taunt.

Second off, giving 4 EVs in Def to Empoleon won't make any changes because it will only give 1-2 Def more. Giving these 4 EVs to his Speed stat could be very usefull in a particulary moment, having 1-2 much speed than a pokemon having the same base speed as Empoleon [And not EV trained in Speed + no nature boosting Speed] would be more usefull than 4 EVs in Def :P. Always remember that the only two great places to put the 4 lefts EVs are HP and Speed.

Third off, your Nidoking don't need his nature, a faster pokemon than Nidoking will still be a faster pokemon than him even if you have a nature that boost Speed stat. Rash nature is a better idea.

Your team seems very good, have fun and I'm sure you will have lot of wins.
Good Luck !

Very Great team, good coverage, I can't find a weakness. Only one thing, Silk Scarf Ambipom isn't very good. Fake Out is the main attack of ambipom, letting him take out lot of HP freely due to Technician + STAB + 100% Flinch Rate. But with Silk Scarf You will be trapped on Fake Out or Taunt, and this is very bad because this will let a free turn to your opponent, wich could become dangerous if he does Dragon Dance/ Swords Dance/ Nasty Plot etc... Keep this moveset but replace Silk Scarf by a Life Orb, this will be [I think] the same power and you won't be blocked on a Fake Out/Taunt.

Second off, giving 4 EVs in Def to Empoleon won't make any changes because it will only give 1-2 Def more. Giving these 4 EVs to his Speed stat could be very usefull in a particulary moment, having 1-2 much speed than a pokemon having the same base speed as Empoleon [And not EV trained in Speed + no nature boosting Speed] would be more usefull than 4 EVs in Def :P. Always remember that the only two great places to put the 4 lefts EVs are HP and Speed.

Third off, your Nidoking don't need his nature, a faster pokemon than Nidoking will still be a faster pokemon than him even if you have a nature that boost Speed stat. Rash nature is a better idea.

Your team seems very good, have fun and I'm sure you will have lot of wins.
Good Luck !
One thing though, silk scarf does NOT lock you into a move, it only boosts the power of normal type attacks. Silk scarf works fine.
You could try double hit instead of return if you wish. It works good.

Hi there bud! I find your team is nice but i want to suggest something i hope you can test and tell me if it works for you or not.

As i stated at a RU team before (with a Clefable set) i feel that Deoxys-D can run a more stalling/supporting moveset instead a (semi) attacking one. I could try to replace Ice Beam and Psychic with Spikes and Seismic Toss/Nigth Shade, because TW support and Spikes one can give your sweepers a smoother playgrond to break opposition.

And as a little final note i would test to replace Nigth Slash with Aerial Ace on Heracross to counter oposite Hera, as Adamant one is more common than Jolly so you can outspeed and revenge kill it as he can shatter Empoleon, Deoxys-D and Rotom-H (because your Rotom is Specs) with the appropiate move.

I really wish you can give me feedback even if it's negative in order to improve my future rates, so thank you and good luck!

PS: Even if your team isn't affected badly by SR you can consider to add a Spinner somewhere, because Ambipom loves to jump in and out from field and having 2 choice pokes means they'll need to do the same many times in a match...

Thanks, Blaziken, I've actually been testing that Deoxys idea and it's worked better. I'll put Aerial Ace on Hera, because I never use Night Slash

I'm glad that set works for you! I wanted to give Deoxys-D a place in my past UU team but i didn't feel comfortable with him, so that idea was somewhat improvised, he he.

Thanks for your time to read and test my idea, good luck!

Why not run Spikes on Deoxys-D? It makes for better Roar abusing.
I also suggest Pursuit over Night Slash on Heracross to catch a ghost trying to escape.

I've been thinking about EQ on Heracross instead of Aerial Ace. EQ hits the Nidos, but AA hits Adamant Heracrosses. What do you guys think?

I see a very big Mismangius problem, and it seems like all variants can give you some trouble.

Stallbreaker Missy (Will-O-Wisp, Taunt, Shadow Ball, Pain Split / Perish Song) Can burn Ambipom and Taunts Empoleon and Deoyxs-D.

Nasty Plot versions easily set up on a -2 Rotom, Heracross locked into Close Combat, and even Deoxys-D, and Ambipom. Empoleon is then taken out by Hidden Power Fighting with some Prior damage, or even worse, Thunderbolt. Usually they carry Substitute so you can Sucker Punch them with Nidoking and then potentially try to Mingame them, but it isn't always reliable.

To fix this I'd suggest Registeel over Empoleon because it takes Peanuts from Hidden Power Fighting and can still serve as a Special wall for your team. You can try any set, but I'd suggest the Curse set as you have little against stall right now and last 'mon Curse Registeel is a nightmare for Stall.

You should also replace Flamethrower on Nidoking with Thunderbolt, as Ground/Ice/Electric offers better coverage than Ground/Ice/Fire, and on Rotom-H you should use Hidden Power Grass instead because Dragons aren't seen that often in UU and you need Hidden Power Grass for Water/Grounds and Rock types.

I generally have little trouble with Mismagius, actually. Generally, they send it out to take Ambipom's Fake Out and then I taunt it.

Registeel seems like the better choice, but I use Empoleon because it can phaze with Roar.

I like T-bolt on Nidoking, but I can't hurt Ferroseed that way. I'll try it, though.

Molk

Godlike Usmash
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
hey there

1) you may want to reconsider a speed boosting nature on nidoking again to out speed the base 80 speed group and opposing nidoking Un STABBED un evd sucker punch doesn't hurt much, even with a life orb (sucker punch doesn't get the sheer force boost). I would recommend go to a timid nature and replace sucker punch with thunderbolt, it gets the sheer force boost and gets good coverage with ice beam.

That's pretty much it, I hope you excell in your uu battling!!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)