Eevee Friendly

I have made a team that I hope to use for the tournament. I know it's not the best in the world but I hope it works. I would really appreciate any feedback. I kind of just threw in MythTrainerInfinity's Jolteon set because I didn't know what to use.

Vaporeon @ Heat Rock
Water Absorb - Bold
252 HP / 168 Def / 64 SpD / 24 Spe
Sunny Day
Wish
Protect
Surf

Flareon Toxic Orb
Guts - Jolly
240 Atk / 12 Def / 252 Spe
Flareblitz
Façade
Quick Attack
Protect

Leafeon Focus sash
Chlorophyll - Jolly
252 Atk / 252 Spe
Leaf Blade
X-Scissor
Quick Attack
Swords Dance

Umbreon @ Leftovers
Synchronize - Careful
252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
- Wish
- Payback
- Curse
- Sunny Day

Espeon @ Life Orb
Magic Bounce - Timid
252 SpA / 252 Spe
- Psyshock
- Dazzling Gleam
- Sunny Day
- Calm Mind

Jolteon @ Petaya Berry
Volt Absorb - Timid
12 HP/244 SAtk/252 Spd
- Charge Beam
- Thunderbolt
- Shadow Ball
- Substitute

Vaporeon is EVed to be able to survive one thunderbolt from modest Jolteon with life orb and outspeed other neutral nature base 65 eons by 2 points. Flareon is EVed to be able to survive one facade from jolly ToxiGuts Flareon.

The idea of the team is to lead with the first three of the pokemon most of the time and customize the fourth slot depending upon my opponent. I would like to think that vaporeon is the most likely member to be KOed so I have wish support and sunny day on my fourth member. During the first turn, I aim to get up sunny day with vaporeon and then set up on my second turn with leafeon. If I face a team with a jolteon, I will either use Espeon or Umbreon just in case I lose Vaporeon early on so that I can set up sunny day again. If I feel like I'm going to need more support later on I'll use umbreon, otherwise I'll use Espeon.

I would really appreciate any advice you can give!

Why do you want to replace espeon?
Try something like this instead:

Pokemon: Espeon
Ability: Magic Bounce
EVs: 252 SpAtk / 252 Spe / 6 HP
Nature: Timid
- Calm Mind
- Dazzling Gleam
- Psyshock
- Protect / Reflect / Light Screen

Not sure what item would be useful though. If you're running screens, maybe light clay?
I dunno, it just seems like Espeon is too weak. Why Psyshock instead of Psychic?

Pyritie

TAMAGO
is an Artist
I dunno, it just seems like Espeon is too weak. Why Psyshock instead of Psychic?
Look at everything's stats. Most of them have a SpD of 95ish and a Def of 65. Psyshock will hit harder for the most part and also gives you the edge in a calm mind war, since you hit the defensive stat that they aren't boosting

Look at everything's stats. Most of them have a SpD of 95ish and a Def of 65. Psyshock will hit harder for the most part and also gives you the edge in a calm mind war, since you hit the defensive stat that they aren't boosting
Oh, right. Thanks for the tip!

Age of Kings

of the Ash Legion
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Not really sure how to EV my Espeon, I did 252 SpA/252 Speed on accident but that may not be optimal for one of the prime supporters in the tier. Well, I'm at least using mine for screens instead of CM. That being said, the lack of power might hurt in emergencies since I plan on running Psyshock / Dazzling Gleam.

On a side note, I'm having ridiculous luck with breeding. I got a 5IV flawless female HA Eevee within 10 eggs (to be said Espeon) with two imperfect parents.

Woot woot~ I also had similar luck. Was trying to breed with Stored Power, Baton Pass, and Wish. Ended up getting a perfect 6IVs one but a nature I didn't like. Breed fodder! I think it lost Baton Pass, though. ;_; I hope you breed what you are looking for.

Ive been trying to get a HA Eevee all day but the GTS is unreasonable. I can offer a pokerus Pokemon from my Platinum days. Can anyone help me?

FC 1392 4810 8297

Last edited:

cant say

twitch.tv/jakecantsay
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
So I'm about to start breeding for my Espeon and wondering if it's worth aiming for HP bug or not. I'm working against the clock so id be happy with just any 31/e/e/31/e/31 spread (e=even) instead of 30's. I just need a 4th move for it and I can't decide between HP, shadow ball and calm mind. HP would cover all of Leafeon (walls you if running psyshock) Espeon and Umbreon. I don't know... I was gonna aim for bug on Jolteon too (which suits jolty better anyway) but it also looks good on Espeon. Any thoughts?

Bedlington

I have a spare Calm female Vee 31/x/31/31/31/31 and some male Bold Vees.

What's your in-game name?

Oh and add me tatertotking I got some.
My in game name is Matthew. I really appreciate the help! I'll just take one of the bold eevees off your hands (It will be one less eevee for me to breed, plus I managed to get a female with four perfect stats already). Is it possible for me to get the bold eevee with run away as it's ability? If not, I'll take whatever you have. Thanks again!

Pyritie

TAMAGO
is an Artist
Attempt #3

Flareon (F) @ Toxic Orb
Ability: Guts
Level: 30
EVs: 232 HP / 252 Atk / 24 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Flare Blitz
- Protect
- Quick Attack
- Facade

Leafeon (M) @ Focus Sash
Ability: Chlorophyll
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Leaf Blade
- X-Scissor
- Swords Dance
- Quick Attack

Sylveon (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Cute Charm
EVs: 252 HP / 204 SpA / 52 Spe
Modest Nature
- Moonblast
- Wish
- Psyshock
- Calm Mind

Espeon (M) @ Light Clay
Ability: Magic Bounce
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Sunny Day
- Dazzling Gleam
- Reflect
- Light Screen

Vaporeon (F) @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Hydration
EVs: 252 HP / 104 Def / 128 SpA / 24 Spe
Modest Nature
- Haze
- Ice Beam
- Scald
- Wish

Jolteon (F) @ Petaya Berry
Ability: Volt Absorb
EVs: 12 HP / 244 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Charge Beam
- Thunder Wave
- Shadow Ball
- Substitute

I figured that in any game where I'd want to use leafeon and flareon, I'd want sun, why not put it on one of them instead? Though this means I have to drop protect on flareon so I can't wishpass as easily. Don't really know where else to put it. I could stick it on espeon but then it gets saddled with too many support duties. Could put it on sylveon but then it can't CM as well. If I put it on espeon I'd have to either get rid of one of the attacks or move one of the screens somewhere else, and I'm not sure where that'd go. Who would've thought that things with such small movepools would have so much 4MSS?

Changed sylveon to be the CMer and made espeon the screener instead. Is this a good idea?

Still not quite sure what to do with the vaporeon/jolteon. I do want to keep haze though because I don't know what bullshit I'm going to find on battle spot, and hydration is for helping with toxicstalling, if I get any. But if I'm facing an umbreon, what am I going to do back? Neither vaporeon nor jolteon can boost in front of it, though vaporeon gets rid of any curses.

Other option is changing vap to water absorb and trying out that charge beam jolteon. Haven't been able to do any practice yet because my home internet's gone tits up recently. Hopefully it sorts itself out by this weekend.

EDIT: changed some stuff.
Some replays:
U5JG-WWWW-WWW8-DAY9
749W-WWWW-WWW8-DAYA

Last edited:
Haha, so you're internet is perky? I just got good signal, so I'm all for testing if your interwebs is done jiggling around. XD

Personally, I'd just stick it on Leafeon. Sure, it could use that Swords Dance, but you don't have to get that off. I've tested it a bit.

Edit: Or not. Guess I have to keep internet open for it to remain connected. That's stupid. Can't do that on a 3DS.

Last edited:

cant say

twitch.tv/jakecantsay
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Ok I've scrapped my previous team (trick room last resort eevee spam) and am now just gonna try to get an echoed voice chain going, ending in a scarf Sylveon. Sylv will be hard to take down in a meta that can't hit it super effectively, and only Flareon resists fairy (pixelate echoed voice), but nothing resists normal. Protect doesn't lower the base power and substitute doesn't block it either so it should be easy enough to spam it.

Age of Kings

of the Ash Legion
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
The onsite calculator unfortunately doesn't feature Metronome, but it might be useful for Echoed Voice sets if you choose not to go choiced. It takes three turns to outdamage LO but if the point is to spam the move anyways, it works. It outdamages Silk Scarf at least.

Another thing that I might actually consider that no one else has mentioned yet is Baby-Doll Eyes. The fact that it is priority is really appealing even though Leafeon can outboost it and Flareon can still do a shitton of damage at -1. However, I think it is a viable choice for the slower tanks (Sylveon, Umbreon, Vappy) to disrupt what is probably two of the most threatening sweepers. Also consider that Scald isn't a helpful tool between Synchronize, Flareon's burn immunity, and Leafeon being an unfavorable matchup to Vaporeon; Reflect is the only other way to have some semblance of counterplay vs the physical sweepers.

So I'm about to start breeding for my Espeon and wondering if it's worth aiming for HP bug or not. I'm working against the clock so id be happy with just any 31/e/e/31/e/31 spread (e=even) instead of 30's. I just need a 4th move for it and I can't decide between HP, shadow ball and calm mind. HP would cover all of Leafeon (walls you if running psyshock) Espeon and Umbreon. I don't know... I was gonna aim for bug on Jolteon too (which suits jolty better anyway) but it also looks good on Espeon. Any thoughts?
Espeon doesn't need HP imo between STAB / Shadow Ball / Dazzling Gleam. You can certainly condense those slots but imo Espeon isn't meant to take them on. If you're really concerned about Leafeon, Psychic outdamages SE HP Bug.

I would run screens or weather as filler imo. Doesn't have to be both screens but one can help the team. Maybe I primarily view Espeon as support rather than a sweeper.

Last edited:
Right now I have Screens Espeon / Flame Charge Orb Flareon / SD Leafeon / CM Sylveon / Jolteon / Vaporeon, seems pretty standard..

I played a couple of unrated randoms just to try it out and most people also had Eevee teams. So far I got some sweeps with Flareon/Leafeon under screens support and got wrecked by a surprise Curse Sylveon that was paired with a Haze Vaporeon that kept resetting my boosts, so I couldn't muscle past it. I'm surprised more people aren't using Flame Charge on Flareon, it outspeeds everything except Jolteon at +1 and Adamant ties with Espeon. I even saw a Scarf Flareon as well which did some damage.

Pyritie

TAMAGO
is an Artist
Some ideas I've got from people over on /vp/:

1) Glaceon is a damn good wall, especially if you're running rain:
252 Atk Guts Flareon Flare Blitz vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Glaceon in Rain: 140-168 (81.3 - 97.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
STAB ice moves to hit leafeon hard and it's got mirror coat to deal with special attacks. It can't really do much back to flareon though.

2) Leafeon still has that nice 130 def, so running it as a max atk max speed sun sweeper isn't the only option it's got.
252 Atk Leafeon X-Scissor vs. 252 HP / 4 Def Leafeon: 44-52 (41.1 - 48.5%) -- guaranteed 3HKO

3) Scope lens leafeon might be a good idea. I think screens are going to be immensely popular, and being able to slice right through them with a 50% crit leaf blade could be really useful

cant say

twitch.tv/jakecantsay
Ok so I haven't done an online competition since the May International and I've completely forgotten how to sign up! I remember you had to go onto the global link page and register on the competition's page then that would transfer to your game or something like that, except the Eevee Friendly page doesn't seem to have a sign up button anywhere, and when I go to the online competition bit on battle spot it thinks I'm still doing the May International....

Pyritie

TAMAGO
is an Artist
Ok so I haven't done an online competition since the May International and I've completely forgotten how to sign up! I remember you had to go onto the global link page and register on the competition's page then that would transfer to your game or something like that, except the Eevee Friendly page doesn't seem to have a sign up button anywhere, and when I go to the online competition bit on battle spot it thinks I'm still doing the May International....
http://3ds.pokemon-gl.com/competitions/4010/ register button is here but you need to be logged in to see it I think

if your game still thinks you're in an old tournament, you go to battle spot and press "cancel participation". This will also unlock your battle box

Pyritie

TAMAGO
is an Artist
I've got a spare of:
- jolly 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe chloro leafeon with leaf blade and QA
- timid 12 HP / 244 SpA / 252 Spe volt absorb jolteon
- adamant 232 HP / 252 Atk / 24 Spe guts flareon with flare blitz and QA
- modest 252 HP / 204 SpA / 52 Spe pixilate sylveon with wish
all level 30+ and nicknameable

looking to trade one of them for an adamant chloro leafeon

can't be arsed rebreeding

Anyone mind helping me with my eevee team? I'll be using, Sylveon, Vapoeron, Espeon, Jolteon, Umbreon, and (maybe choice banded)Eevee

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)