XY OU Everything Breaks (CM Clefable Team 1700s)

How was the team?

• Total voters
Team Preview:

Introduction:
At the end of using my Scolipede team, (linked here for convenience) I found a new pokemon to give a go: CM Clefable. My undying hate of Chanseys lead me to try out Stored Power in place of Flamethrower, which is where I got the name "Everything Breaks" because once Clefable gets to +6 (not very hard after a few key threats are eliminated), everything... well breaks. Of course this is barring any 3 consecutive parahax and then a crit unforeseen problems like Amnesia Quagsire (seriously I ran into 3 people using this it made me cringe). I have grown to love Bulky-ish offense so that is the road this team went down. Side note, every member of the team has a color that is composed with red, which is kinda nifty.

"I will have my revenge one day"

Teambuilding Process:

This whole team started out with standard CM Clefable. I knew I had a huge vulnerability to Scizor, Bisharp, Excadrill, Venusaur, Keldeo, Talonflame, Mega Medicham, and similar pokemon, so I decided to go with something to fix those.

Physically Rotom-W struck me as a great pokemon to add, as it could handle most of the aforementioned pokemon and with Will-O-Wisp to help with physical attackers, and also provided pivoting options.

Specially defensive Heatran came next, acting as a secondary check to most of the same pokemon but also handling most Mega-Venusaurs. Stealth Rock was an added bonus.

Landorus was the 4th addition, meant to help clean up the mess left by Clefable. The power output behind it was terrifying, which pleased me. Though at this point, the team became heavily specially based so I knew I'd need some physically offensive firepower.

Breloom came in because I wanted a reliable lead who could bother offense, not to mention Spore Spam is effective on teams without a Grass-type. And so, a FWG core was completed.

Scizor was the last addition, bringing more powerful priority than Breloom, and also completed a Volt-turn core with Rotom-W. This is V1 of the team, which was fairly effective and held its own even without clefable. However, Mega Manectric was capable of giving this team a run for its money because of its great coverage, and Mold Breaker Excadrill and sand offense dealt a ton of damage if Landorus was to go down. So, with these weaknesses in mind I went back to the drawing board and tried fixing some things.

With the above problems in mind, I replaced Rotom-W with Slowbro, and Landorus with Landorus-T. Slowbro was more durable than Rotom-W (with reliable healing and Regenerator), while Landorus was mostly replaced for more physical offense. The team has had more success in this version than the previous one.

EDIT 9/15: As per suggestions, Scizor has been changed to a mega, and Breloom has been replaced for Latios. The team runs smoother with regards to the Scizor set change, though Latios I'm still on the fence about.

EDIT 10/9: Latios has been replaced with Latias for more bulky presence, while still remaining respectfully powerful. Other changes include Scizor EVs and Heatran's moveset. Now, almost every member carries some type of recovery, and all forms of status can be inflicted.

In-Depth View:

Hoenn Intensifies (Latias) (F) @ Life Orb
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 72 HP / 184 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Psyshock
- Draco Meteor
- Roost
- Defog

Latias carries the important role of team defogger, which allows me to switch in and out without getting worn down quickly. The EVs are standard, maximizing speed while allowing Latias to take two LO Thundurus HP Ices. Psyshock allows me to reliably handle Mega Venusaur along with Keldeo, while Draco Meteor is a nuke that allows me to severely dent if not outright KO most offensive pokemon. Roost is to keep Latias healthy and counteract Life Orb, making her harder to take down. So far, Latias has been reliable, and adds much needed speed since there is little speed investment on this team, while still adhering to the 'bulky offense' mindset.

MEGA SLOWBRO (Slowbro) (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 248 HP / 236 Def / 24 SpD
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Scald
- Grass Knot
- Slack Off
- Thunder Wave

Slowbro is the physical wall, and also acts as a reliable Keldeo counter. The EVs allow Slowbro to avoid a 2HKO from Specs Keldeo Hydro Pump after Stealth Rock damage, while dumping the rest in physical defense. Scald is STAB of choice, and has the neat burn chance on pokemon trying to switch in. Grass Knot was added to allow me to take on Sub-DD Gyarados who could set up on Slowbro and proceed to sweep the team from there, as well as take on Quagsire and Keldeo. Slack Off allows me to stall out burned physical attackers and keeps Slowbro healthy. Thunder Wave is here to slow down faster threats like Keldeo and Charizard-X so even boosted they're more manageable.

0 SpA Slowbro Grass Knot (120 BP) vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Gyarados: 86-102 (25.9 - 30.8%) -- guaranteed 4HKO
0 SpA Slowbro Grass Knot (120 BP) vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Mega Gyarados: 138-164 (41.6 - 49.5%) -- guaranteed 3HKO
0 SpA Slowbro Grass Knot (80 BP) vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Quagsire: 324-384 (82.2 - 97.4%) -- 25% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock

Mr. Tulip Toes (Landorus-Therian) (M) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 136 HP / 160 Atk / 212 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide
- U-turn
- Knock Off

Landorus is the somewhat reliable scarfer but mostly here for intimidate pivoting to something else. With Breloom gone Landorus acts as my lead Intimidating whatever they lead with and then U-turning out if necessary. The 212 Speed EVs are so that I outspeed Timid Mega Manectric, which essentially puts me above all non-scarfed pokemon. The rest of the EVs are split between HP and Attack, giving it an odd number so rocks damage is reduced, while dumping the rest in attack. Earthquake is reliable STAB and Rock Slide is to hit Charizard-Y before it can strike back, while being more accurate than Stone Edge. U-turn is for pivoting and Knock Off is to cripple things on the switch. Landorus is my main check to Sand Offense, and useful for some cleaning with its good speed. On a side note this name comes from the Fairly Odd Parents episode Action Packed because most people don't get the reference.

Jalapeno (Heatran) (F) @ Leftovers
Ability: Flash Fire

EVs: 248 HP / 20 SpA / 232 SpD / 8 Spe
Calm Nature
- Lava Plume
- Toxic
- Protect
- Stealth Rock

Heatran was chosen initially because it covered so many of Clefable's weaknesses, and also synergizes well with Slowbro and Scizor. The EVs are to speed creep opposing Heatran, while guaranteeing a 2HKO on Talonflame after Stealth Rock Damage. Lava Plume is reliable STAB (much like Scald in burns), while toxic is to wear down Slowbro and Volcarona. Protect is for scouting choice users like Keldeo and Garchomp and can also be used to get more leftovers recovery/status damage. Stealth Rocks is mandatory hazards. Heatran is my most reliable answer to Mega Venusaur, a major threat otherwise.
Photo Credit Here

20 SpA Heatran Lava Plume vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Talonflame: 75-88 (25.2 - 29.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock

Nyoooom 2.0 (Scizor) (F) @ Scizorite
Ability: Light Metal

EVs: 248 HP / 44 Atk / 192 Def / 24 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Bullet Punch
- Superpower
- Roost
- Swords Dance

Scizor (as suggested by MCBarrett) was changed to a Bulky SD Mega set, and while I'm missing U-turn a bit all the benefits of this set make up for it. The Speed EVs are to outspeed Heatrans running 8 Speed EVs (speed creeping them speed creepers), and the rest are split between defense and attack (This is the set I'm looking to optimize if anyone has suggestions). Scizor is my backup physical wall, taking on threats I don't want to risk switching Slowbro into (Conkeldurr and Bisharp), and can take advantage of less threatening walls (Gliscor) to set up a few Swords Dances and punch holes. Scizor is also my win condition in battles where Clefable can't manage to do much/I'm up against Sand Offense, and compliments Slowbro and Heatran's walling capabilities beautifully. I couldn't find a cool gif of Mega Scizor so I'm sticking to the one of normal Scizor.

Everything Breaks (Clefable) (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 248 HP / 160 Def / 96 SpD / 4 Spe
Calm Nature
- Moonblast
- Stored Power
- Soft-Boiled
- Calm Mind

And last but certainly not least, the star and whole reason this team was made, Clefable. Clefable is my pseudo-special wall, and once all threatening physical attackers and powerful special attackers are eliminated, Clefable is free to boost and rampage as appropriate. The EVs allow Clefable to come in on Greninja's Hydro Pump and Thundurus's LO Thunderbolt and avoid a 2HKO, two otherwise terrifying threats to the team (as well as set up on many powerful special attackers if they switch in as Clefable gets a CM boost like Landorus and Keldeo). Moonblast is STAB that is more powerful neutrally than Stored Power if Clefable has less than 4 CM boosts. Stored Power is what allows Clefable to kill the sturdiest of special walls (Chansey) and unaware users (Quagsire) because of the Base power mechanics (also what made it so threatening under BP chains), and the whole reason I'm using it. Soft-boiled is wonderful because leftovers get knocked off frequently so I need some way to replenish HP (also helps in PP stalling out Ferrothorns), and Calm Mind is my boosting move of choice since Cosmic Power doesn't allow me to get off as much damage. Extremely reliable, and in cases where it doesn't completely sweep, the other team has usually taken heavy casualties or is already weakened enough for the other members to finish off. Either that or an unlucky crit, which seem to come every time I say to myself "please don't crit".
Photo Credit Here

0 SpA Clefable Stored Power (260 BP) vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Unaware Quagsire: 252-297 (63.9 - 75.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery
+6 0 SpA Clefable Stored Power (260 BP) vs. 4 HP / 252 SpD Eviolite Chansey: 363-428 (56.5 - 66.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock​

Threat List:
- Ok I'm pretty sure this thing threatens virtually every team it goes up against, Slowbro is my main response being able to live most attacks even at +1 and paralyze it so something else can defeat it. Those running Flare Blitz are easy enough to wear down by recoil, and bulky sets can be toxiced by Heatran.
- A well-played Landorus is a deadly Landorus, especially because nothing can switch in without much risk. Slowbro can handle it if its healthy and Scizor can handle a weakened one. Landorus can come in and Knock Off its Life Orb, though this usually results in Landorus dieing in the process.
- If this thing gets to +2, it is terrifying because it can pretty much clean shop at that point. However, Landorus can outspeed and OHKO with Rock Slide, and doesn't immediately die to a +1 Quick Attack, and Latias has a decent shot at OHKO-ing. If Scizor is healthy then it can take a non-boosted Return and deal a bit of damage.
- Bisharp is a pain because Scizor is my only answer to it, and it can maim 4/6 members of the team with STAB alone.
- I'm not sure how common Earthquake is as coverage but if its running EQ then it isn't running HP Fire so its just a matter of finding out which one it runs (and if it runs both then I've got some questions for the teambuilder). Latias can deal significant damage with Psyshock.
- Moreso annoying than really a threat, because its a reliable user of Spore with recovery. Clear Smog can hurt if Clefable hasn't set up fully yet, but it only takes a few CM boosts to KO (3??). Spamming U-turn and Psyshock works pretty well, and if something is asleep Heatran and Scizor takes pitiable damage from most attacks.
- Rain Offense is tricky but can be played around between Slowbro and Landorus. If Clefable gets a chance to set up after Kabutops and Scizor go down then its all over.
- Trick Room variants are problematic because of the power coming off of it being faster, though after Trick Room goes down it is easily killed. To think that my own original playstyle would be used against me is painful, though seeing Trick Room rise in popularity is nice (I played many hundreds of games and only ran into 3 serious Trick Room teams).​

Thanks for reading and have a good day!

Importable:
Calm Nature
- Moonblast
- Stored Power
- Soft-Boiled
- Calm Mind

Bold Nature
- Scald
- Grass Knot
- Slack Off
- Thunder Wave

Calm Nature
- Lava Plume
- Toxic
- Protect
- Stealth Rock

Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide
- U-turn
- Knock Off

Adamant Nature
- Bullet Punch
- Superpower
- Swords Dance
- Roost

Hoenn Intensifies (Latias) @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Defog
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Roost

Calm Nature
- Moonblast
- Stored Power
- Soft-Boiled
- Calm Mind

EVs: 252 HP / 232 Def / 24 SpD
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Grass Knot
- Slack Off
- Thunder Wave

Calm Nature
- Lava Plume
- Earth Power
- Protect
- Stealth Rock

Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide
- U-turn
- Knock Off

EVs: 248 HP / 44 Atk / 152 Def / 64 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Bullet Punch
- Superpower
- Roost
- Swords Dance

Hoenn Intensifies (Latios) (M) @ Life Orb
EVs: 24 Atk / 232 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Psyshock
- Draco Meteor
- Earthquake
- Defog

Wanda (Clefable) (F) @ Leftovers
EVs: 232 HP / 232 Def / 40 SpD / 4 Spe
Bold Nature
- Moonblast
- Stored Power
- Soft-Boiled
- Calm Mind

Jorgen Von Strangl (Landorus) (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Sheer Force
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Earth Power
- Psychic
- Sludge Wave
- Focus Blast

Cosmo (Heatran) (M) @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 20 SpA / 196 SpD / 44 Spe
Calm Nature
- Lava Plume
- Earth Power
- Protect
- Stealth Rock

Timmy Turner (Breloom) (M) @ Focus Sash
Ability: Technician
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Mach Punch
- Bullet Seed
- Rock Tomb
- Spore

Momma Cosma (Rotom-Wash) @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 220 Def / 40 Spe
Bold Nature
- Volt Switch
- Hydro Pump
- Will-O-Wisp
- Pain Split

Blonda (Scizor) (F) @ Choice Band
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Bullet Punch
- U-turn
- Knock Off
- Superpower

Last edited:
Is your Breloom possibly named after a Nickleback or All Time Low song if so I applaud you because that's the name of my Staraptor. (Still don't like Linkin Park)

Anywho. Your team seems to be pretty weak to Ground types. Just for this reason, I'd consider running Air Ballon on your Heatran, or possibly even using a Talonflame in place of Scizor.
thanks for the quick rate. Breloom is named for the nickelback lullaby. The linkin park reference on the other hand, I couldnt help myself.

Landorus is my main answer to ground-type attacks in general, especially earthquake users since its immune and can force a switch with intimidate. Slowbro is bulky enough to take non-boosted earthquakes, and threatens with Scald/Ice Beam in case of Garchomp. The only special ground type attacker is Landorus-I, who isn't very bulky and can get worn down relatively easily between Hazards and random attacks.

Also, talonflame would require a bit more support than just slapping it on, since its really weak to hazards (which I tried to avoid since I don't have hazard control). Air Balloon is an option, but it would definitely kill longevity if I plan on switching it in to take Draco Meteors/Psyshocks, which pop the balloon, and ground-type attacks aren't enough of a problem now to give up the recovery.

Hey there, nice team. Here are my suggestions:

I agree with Ohioisonfire with the use of Air Balloon on Heatran. The few turns of Ground immunity is quite important.

Next, Psyshock over T-wave on Slowbro allows you to get past Special walls that try to stall Slowbro (Cough *Eviolite Chansey* Cough).

I see you run no mega on this team (despite your Slowbro's name) and have no form of Hazard removal, so why not try Mega-Scizor
Scizor @ Scizorite
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Impish Nature
- Defog
- Roost
- Bullet Punch
- Knock Off

Also, just a personal preference but Stone Edge over Rock slide on Lando-T allows for more OHKOs and 2HKOs but that's just food for thought.

Hope it helps!
-PK

Last edited:

MCBarrett

i love it when you call me big hoppa
Hey Mango Smoothie, pretty nice team you've got here. Hopefully I can help improve it a bit more.

The first change I'd recommend, as others have pointed out, is to change your CB Scizor to a Bulky SD Megazor. Bulky SD Megazor really helps out against Sand Offense, Azumarill and Bisharp, all of which could be a bit troublesome for your team if they are played well. Too much pressure to take physical hits is put onto Slowbro here so it won't be too difficult for opposing teams to wear it down. This is also going to give you an added sweeping threat which can help you against teams that are well prepared for Clefable.

Here's the set:
Scizor (M) @ Scizorite
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Roost
- Superpower
- Bullet Punch

By using this set I don't think you really need Breloom anymore. Scizor is a much longer lasting, more reliable check to Sand Offense / Bisharp so you won't be needing to rely on saving Breloom to come in and mach punch these threats after they've already punched holes in your team. I think an offensive Defogger such as Latios would be a good fit here for a couple of reasons. First of all it can help check threats such as Lando-I which is definitely a big threat to your team. Also Defog is just going to make it a bit easier for your bulky mons to take the hits they need to and it will allow Landorus-T to come in more often and not worry about getting worn down. Lastly its going to provide you with the fire power to get past threats such as Mega Venusaur which can be problematic. Since you really want Heatran out of the way on this team Earthquake would be a good choice for a coverage move to act as a lure and it also hits Bisharp hard on the switch in.

Here's the set:
Latios @ Life Orb
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Earthquake
- Defog

Lastly, I think you could optimize your Slowbro set a bit. As it stands Sub Mega Gyarados can set up all over your Slowbro and proceed to easily sweep your team. By using Grass Knot > Ice Beam you will be able to break any sub that Mega Gyarados tries to make. Also Ice Beam isn't helping you much anyways as it is mostly for Dragon Types which can also be handled by Clefable and Scizor if needed (Scald or T Wave will hurt them enough anyway if you need to rely on Slwobro).

Hopefully my changes helped. Let me know how it works and good luck with the team!

Ok, so i tried out your sets/ suggestions and here are my results:

1) Air Balloon Heatran: I tried this one and realized that its really hard to keep the air balloon in tact, especially because I rely on Heatran to deal with Scizors so its got to take some attacks. Also, its prone to getting worn down quickly and the recovery was incredibly helpful, and since it relies a lot on recovery I'm just not feeling Air Balloon. Sorry

2) Bulky SD Mega-Scizor VS CB Scizor: This is a nice change, they both fulfill mostly the same role, though I'm missing U-turn a bit, but not enough to make me regret changing since Roost makes it much harder to kill. MCBarrett I do have a question: What do the given EVs accomplish exactly? Mostly just curious.

3) Defog Latios: I'm torn on this one, because Latios just dies so quickly with the Life Orb and switching in and makes the team *that* much weaker to bisharp, but defog support along with being able to handle venusaur is nice. Id like to try out other defoggers, maybe mandibuzz next time im on
EDIT 9/14: Latios doesn't come out most battles, maybe thats just because i've yet to find something to use it on, but I can't switch it directly into venusaur and heatran can switch directly into most venusaur so i think that base is covered

EDIT 9/15: Updated OP with the team now

Last edited:
Bump, the team has found much success since the last change but it still doesn't feel like its complete and would like some more suggestions.

One thing I notice when you switch to Latios is that you're just reverting back to another special attacker, when the whole point of switching Landorus to Landorus-T was to have more physical attackers. You're saying that Latios isn't having much impact but you like the idea of a defog user, would you consider a Baloon Excadrill?

One thing I notice when you switch to Latios is that you're just reverting back to another special attacker, when the whole point of switching Landorus to Landorus-T was to have more physical attackers. You're saying that Latios isn't having much impact but you like the idea of a defog user, would you consider a Baloon Excadrill?
So I tried excadrill and found that Landorus, Keldeo, Charizard and Azumarill were quite more significant threats without Latios (also generally being able to outspeed stuff), and the benefits were marginal at best (except maybe Clefable but CM Clefable showdowns almost always end in someone getting swept after both clefables get to +6). It is like that with the 6th member at that point there isn't much left that stands out so its more of a last bit to be extra sure that you've got your bases covered (also I could never keep Air Balloon in tact long enough, any time I thought "definitely going to use earthquake" they didn't). Its kinda strange to think about it but with psyshock and earthquake latios functions somewhat like a physical attacker (both hit off defense) with Draco Meteor to lay waste to anything that can't be hit hard enough by those other moves.

If you still plan to keep Latios, I would suggest replacing EQ w/ Surf because when you fully invest in SpA, you can guarantee a 2HKO on Ttar, Heatran (with or without balloon), and deal massive damage to Bisharp without having to rely on using a physical attack.

252 SpA Life Orb Latios Surf vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Tyranitar in Sand: 172-203 (50.4 - 59.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252 SpA Life Orb Latios Surf vs. 248 HP / 252+ SpD Heatran: 177-211 (45.9 - 54.8%) -- 7.4% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
252 SpA Life Orb Latios Surf vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Bisharp: 172-203 (63.4 - 74.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

Of course, Bisharp could carry AV once in a while, so be careful about that; and yes, the chance to 2HKO Heatran is pretty low, but this is just the Specially Defensive set. Offensive sets might not have such a good time coming in.

lookin p good, not too much to say but I do have some changes for you to consider... lez start with the bro.

I love the bro myself but I really don't think it's the best bulky water for your team... you don't really have any issues with quagsire between latios and clef, yeah beating sub dd gyara is nice but there's better ways to handle that w/ the rest of your team so suggestion/change numero uno:

Slowbro --> Gyarados

the set in question:

Gyarados @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 252 SpD / 8 Spe
Careful Nature
- Rest
- Sleep Talk
- Waterfall
- Thunder Wave

lemme splain. Sdef RestTalk Gyara is bae first off, but more than that, it lets you handle knock off n greninja better while still doing everything slowbro was supposed to do on this team. plus it patches up that Volcarona weakness you were talking about! does everything you need except for beating sub dd gyara but let's move on for now...

Latios. I'm kinda confused as to why you're running such an offensive latios on what is clearly a balanced team but I don't wanna change it up w/out fuckin with the rest of the team which is fine as is,,, anyway between Gyara nd Lando you don't have a heatran weakness so it seems kinda unnecessary to be packing eq, and if you go with Gyara you do need something to break gyara's sub.. anyway I have two options for you to try out (feel free to edit the EVs however you want):

Latios @ Life Orb
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Thunderbolt
- Defog

or (what I'd prefer but hey it's yo team)

Latias @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Defog
- Draco Meteor
- Thunderbolt
- Roost

you don't really have a venu weakness and draco meteor takes out a sizeable chunk regardless, to me the electric coverage > psychic STAB. Anyway this handles regular gyara great (better than Latio cuz balk) but not mega unfortunately, but you have regular gyara and Scizor for that. also scizor's evs are kinda weird outside of speed but I'll go ahead nd assume you know something I don't.

final closing thoughts would be scrap earth power on Heatran, it's pretty unnecessary/kinda crappy in general. I'd replace it with Toxic, or, better yet since you hate Chansey so much, Taunt.

Also Rock Slide on Lando sucks, stone edge 4 lyfe

Importable of muh version, lemme know how u feelin:

Calm Nature
- Moonblast
- Stored Power
- Soft-Boiled
- Calm Mind

Gyarados @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 252 SpD / 8 Spe
Careful Nature
- Rest
- Sleep Talk
- Waterfall
- Thunder Wave

Calm Nature
- Lava Plume
- Taunt
- Protect
- Stealth Rock

Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- U-turn
- Knock Off

Adamant Nature
- Bullet Punch
- Superpower
- Roost
- Swords Dance

Latias @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Defog
- Draco Meteor
- Thunderbolt
- Roost

Last edited:
Eik00c & Rosenfeldius Thanks for the rates, I decided to go with Latias over Latios just for everything you said which brings me much joy because bulk and bulky offense work well together (I went with the 72HP set, the name isn't changing any time soon). I'm currently debating between Thunderbolt and Psyshock, but thats just my own indecisiveness. More on that later.

Slowbro to Gyarados though, I'm not exactly so sure on. Rest-talk so far has been really unreliable and its rocks weakness isn't exactly helping its case (no regenerator either for double switching madness). Volcarona is handled much better now with heatran's moveset change (thanks for suggesting that). I've tried the team both with and without slowbro, and maybe I'm just not used to playing RestTalk Gyarados but I can say the team runs better with Slowbro than it does with Gyarados.

Other minor changes include: Heatran's EVs and Toxic>Earth Power, and I'm currently working on scizor's EVs since most heatran aren't running 40 speed anymore, so that will be reworked. I'm running 24 EVs in speed now so that I can outspeed heatran with 8 speed EVs, the rest I'm trying to work out.

I will be updating the OP as soon as my exams are over (~1 week, though if you want the current importable it's right here)
Calm Nature
- Moonblast
- Stored Power
- Soft-Boiled
- Calm Mind

Bold Nature
- Scald
- Grass Knot
- Slack Off
- Thunder Wave

Calm Nature
- Lava Plume
- Toxic
- Protect
- Stealth Rock

Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide
- U-turn
- Knock Off

Adamant Nature
- Bullet Punch
- Superpower
- Swords Dance
- Roost

Hoenn Intensifies (Latias) @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Defog
- Draco Meteor
- Thunderbolt
- Roost

Last edited:
Well idk if I really was giving you a rate or anything... ;P

Anyway, concerning your decision between Thunderbolt and Psyshock, I'd suggest choosing Psyshock, seeing as you have Scizor to check Bisharp and that your team is weak to Venusaur and Volcarona. Though Latias wouldn't really like to take an attack from Volcarona; contrarily, Venusaur wouldn't want to take a Psyshock.

252+ Atk Bisharp Sucker Punch vs. 248 HP / 152 Def Mega Scizor: 93-111 (27.1 - 32.3%) -- guaranteed 4HKO

Bisharp, a threat to your team? Idk about that...

As for Scizor's remaining EVs, idk where you could put them. For now, maybe put them into SpD; not too sure how putting it into SpD will help though. That's all I've got for now. Good luck!

Also, I'm kinda tired, so what I say may or may not make sense atm.

For what it's worth, m-scizor has a very usable 100 base SP def, so investing in it is hardly a waste. I actually used to run full out SP defensive megazor as a mixed defensive defogger (not saying you should or anything), and it could take on pretty much any non-fire move, physical or special.

Speaking of special defense, the team kinda begins to crumble against strong special attackers, so I'm starting to look into more specially defensive pokemon (Keldeo w/HP Electric can give me a real run for my money thats for sure)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)