ORAS OU Excuse ma charisma: Ditto team! (1500 peaked)

Hey guys, this is my 2nd RMT post here. So, this ballanced team i'll show you came recently to my mind and is already giving me great results. Since the very beginning of ORAS, I've been in love with Mega Lopunny, so I wanted to unite her with my favorite pokemon from all time: Ditto! Yeah, this pink jelly is awesome and it's a shame that it's NU. I hope you like this thread and help me out in my little journey to the top. Let's go already!

Chun-Li (Lopunny) (F) @ Lopunnite
Ability: Cute Charm Klutz
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- High Jump Kick
- Return
- Fake Out
- Ice Punch Power-up Punch

So, let's start with (almost) everyone's favorite mega in ORAS. Lop is my main physical attacker, with huge atk and spe, she can deal heavy damage to almost every poke in the tier. This is the usual set, Fake Out is for needed priority and guarantees a safe mega evolution, Return and HJKick are main STABs and Ice Punch is to terminate Gliscor, Landorus and Garchomp. Power-up Punch is a better alternative to boost and deal defensive threats.

Gothic Lollita (Gothitelle) (M) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Shadow Tag
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe 80 HP / 232 SpA / 196 Spe
Timid Nature
- Psyshock
- Trick
- Energy Ball Calm Mind
- Hidden Power [Fire] Rest

Well, Gothitelle is a awesome duo for M.Lop, since it can give great coverage and also can trap annoying walls that could cause latter trouble to Lop, like Slowbro or Clefable. Trick is for breaking walls and stallers, like Clefable, Energy Ball is to deal with Rotom-W and Slowbro, commons physical walls that could resist to Lop and Psyshock is mainly to kill Mega Venusaur and Gengar, they may cause some trouble here. Choice Scarf is for obvious extra speed and i decided to maximize spa and spe. Since Gothitelle main goal is to trap annoying poke, I now run CM and Rest for boosting.

Behemoth (Hippowdon) (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 252 HP / 148 Def / 108 SpD
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Slack Off
- Whirlwind
- Earthquake

So, Hippodown is my new member (bye Sylveon), after the suggestions here, and he's really working out. SR is the best hazard in OU, Slack Off is for constant recovering and Earthquake is the best STAB. I chose Whirlwind cuz I had some troubles agains Sub + CM pokes, like Latios. The EVs are for extra mixed bulk and a defensive nature to deal better against physical threats.

Elecman (Rotom-Wash) @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 248 HP / 216 Def / 44 Spe
Bold Nature
- Volt Switch
- Hydro Pump
- Will-O-Wisp
- Pain Split

One of my mains physical walls. It serves as a important counter for Talon and SD M Scizor. The set is the common defensive machine: Will-o-wisp can destroy any physical sweeper (that is not fire type lol), Volt Switch and Hydro Pump are main stabs (wish he could learn scald ;;) and Pain Split is for recovering. It has main investiment in HP and Def as usual. Levitate is just the perfect ability.

Skar (Skarmory) (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Iron Head
- Spikes
- Roost
- Counter

After the replies, I totally changed Skar's set. He's now my main special wall and yes, he's a defensive poke, but with the EV distribution and great coverage (i love steel <3), he is now a threat to some special sweepers, specially the mega fairies (Gardevoir and Diancie). Iron Head is a fairy killer STAB, Spikes gives me more hazards to use, Roost is for classic healing and Counter ir for physical threats that I can't deal now without Brave Bird, like Mega Heracross.

Doppelganger (Ditto) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Imposter
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 30 Atk / 30 Def
- Transform

Ladies and Gentleman, my favorite poke ever! Ditto is just awesome. Its main objective is to kill buffed enemies. This is a usual set and th IVs is for HP ice. It's just a poke with so many possibilities like: a perfect counter for sweepers like M Charizard and Serperior, revenge kills some threats like Gengar and really help out my defensive core.​

Overall this team has an awesome synergy. For now, I just can't point one specific threat to this team (only things like sub calm mind raikou Keldeo or Latios, really hard to find out there), but it needs good predictions to work as I want. Maybe I'm running too much Lefties, idk, maybe I could change that. And I should say that So, I'm looking foward for your feedbacks ^^

Special thanks to: Alkov, DennisEG and serperioriscool

Last edited:

Alkov

plopping
is a Tutor Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Hey there really cool team you have there however there are a few minor changes I would like to recommend to improve the team n_n
  • I realized that your team might be a little too weak against things like
    or
    as it can hit really hard against your team and you do not really have an immediate check/counter to it. Your team is only able to weaken it with one thing before killing it off with the second so I would like to suggest replacing
    's Brave Bird with Iron Head
    and run the SpDef spread which is a lot more common now. With the change however,
    might hit Skarmory a lot harder, however you do have a
    and a
    to kill it with their STAB moves. Also,
    's usage had greatly reduced ever since the start of ORAS due to it's lack of speed in this fast paced metagame.

• I also noticed that your team lacks an Electric resist so I can see that an offensive Volt-Turn team might be really problematic against your team. A bulky ground type in your team would be really useful in this case as it helps to stop Volt-Turn cores or generally any hard hitting electric types.

Hope I helped n_n

DennisEG

Civil Engineer
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Hey man nice team, i think LopuGoth is really cool strategy to get rid off bulky psychics, fairies and other annoying stall mon for lopu sweep late game. For a threat list u seem weak to Gengar LO, CharY and Strong Fairies like Alkov said above and maybe Gyarados but for set up mon u have ditto so i dont think they're give u so much trouble, also u get really annoying for volt-turn teams and Bisharp cuz skarm lack of whirlwind or Counter. Let see what can we improve
  • First i think Change a lil bit the Goth set to CM/Trick/Rest/Psyshock could help u more than AOA simply cuz Goth isnt the stronger mon in the tier, people only used cuz it ability to trap thing and that's it.
  • Then i can think replace Hippowdon > Sylveon, this provide a electric immunity a bisharp check and a reliable switch for physical type attackers also u can give Stealth rock and put Spikes > Stealth Rocks and Iron head > Brave Bird on Skarmory, Iron head as alkov said help u against fairies ur team isnt hurt so bad for Hazards so u can add Taunt / Counter / Whirlwind > Defog although defog could still be useful but try out that.
  • And last having Spikes + SR support u can add PuP > Ice Punch on lopu to straight sweep ur opponent, Ice punch is only needed for Gliscor or Lando-T which both u can hit with return at +1.
Hippowdon @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 148 Def / 108 SpD
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Slack Off
- Stone Edge / Toxic / Whirlwind
- Earthquake

SE hit Thundurus for super effective and Talonflame but u have rotom for talon so i'd prefer Toxic if u put whirwind on skarm.

Gothitelle @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Shadow Tag
EVs: 80 HP / 232 SpA / 196 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Psychic / Psyshock
- Calm Mind
- Rest
- Trick
hope i help u

Alkov, DennisEG and serperioriscool

Thank you all for the awesome ideas! My team now is really better and I peaked 1600+ and climbing. Overall, I have now a great synergy and I fear only few pokes. Even if I don't have an appropriate switch in, I can revenge kill my threats later.

Gengar, CM Latios, Sub SpA Mega Altaria and Rotom-Wash may be a little troublesome, but I can handle them. Thank you all again ^^

Hey I'm here to make some suggestions ^_^ All changes in Blue

Ability:
Limber
Jolly Nature
- High Jump Kick
- Return
- Fake Out
-
Ice Punch
  • First your ability should be Limber as it keeps you from being Paralyzed before you Mega Evolve. It could potentially switch in on a predicted Thunder Wave and use that opportunity to Mega Evolve. I suggest you switch back to Ice Punch as with it you could potentially dispatch of many Pokemon 4x weak to Ice such as Garchomp and Landorus-Therian who are always threats to a team. More specifically you'd struggle with Defensive Variants of Garchomp as with Power-Up Punch you'll receive tons of recoil just to boost enough to damage it.
I disagree with the change
The team is already weak to Rotom and PuP punch lopunny helps to check it as a believe HJK is a 1HKO at +1 after rocks.
Rotom-W can also handle lando-T
Defense chomp can also be worn down enough to be revenged by lop and ditto.

p2

Banned deucer.
Yeah but the thing is Rotom-W has Will-O-Miss meaning it can burn Lopunny while boosting. And how will you wear it down effectively when receiving 30% each time you touch it? Ice Punch will simply half its HP which is more effective. I also don't see how Rotom-W is a problem when she/he has Gothitelle to trap it and it can't touch it after a CM boost.

Please lurk more.
The point about Rotom is that it comes in on Lopunny as it hits Power-Up Punch, which after SR + the unboosted PuP, gets OHKOd the following turn.
Rotom-W isn't getting trapped by Gothitelle at all when it can Volt Switch out whenever it wants to. And Lopunny isn't the only one that will be wearing down Garchomp, considering its a team with Spikes, Garchomp is going to be taking a lot of damage from switching in and taking Rotom burns / Hydro Pumps or even weak Psyshocks from Gothitelle. And if Lopunny can get a +1 prior to Garchomp coming in, it does 63% minimum. There is a little bit of a Garchomp weakness, but I think you're making too big a deal over it.

Yeah but the thing is Rotom-W has Will-O-Miss meaning it can burn Lopunny while boosting. And how will you wear it down effectively when receiving 30% each time you touch it? Ice Punch will simply half its HP which is more effective. I also don't see how Rotom-W is a problem when she/he has Gothitelle to trap it and it can't touch it after a CM boost.

Please lurk more.
Except rotom can just volt switch out
Not even a plus six psyshock OHKOs phys def rotom-W
+6 176 SpA Gothitelle Psyshock vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Rotom-W: 270-318 (88.8 - 104.6%) -- 31.3% chance to OHKO
And it's not like gothi will even get to +6

Albacore

sludge bomb is better than sludge wave
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
The previous rates did a pretty good job of covering your team's weaknesses, not too much can beat you without setting up and therefore risk getting revenge killed by Ditto, so as long as you play carefully with it you should be fine.
2 of the bigger threats to your team are Charizard-Y and Gengar, neither of which you really have swicthins to (Lopunny checks Gengar but Sludge Wave does a huge amount of damage). The best way to handle this is run Stone Edge over Whirlwind on Hippowdon enabling it to actually hit these Pokemon, I get your concern about Sub CMers but the only one that's really used is Keldeo which Gothitelle quite easily traps, Sub CM Latios being really uncommon and not really worth worrying about. This team really appreciates the presence of a Phazer though, what with all the hazard stacking it performs, so I would run Whirlwind over Counter on Skarmory, Counter doesn't seem too useful for this team especially on a SpD set. You could aslo run max SpD on Hippowdon, enabling it to properly switch into both of them, however this comes at the cost of it not being able to handle Bisharp (though Lopunny does check it so this isn't too bad) or XZard (which your current spread doesn't really wall but still does better against than SpD.

Another huge threat is Mega Sableye. It completely stops your entire team bar Lopunny cold, and though Lopunny is a good check, Sableye can very easy do completely indiscriminate Will-O-Wisping which will no doubt hit Lopunny eventually.One quick way you could fix this weakness is by running Heal Bell on Lopunny, which is nice support for yoru team given how weak your team is to satus in general. however this is far from a permanent answer, and Lopunny generally prefers its other moves.

A better way to deal with it would be running Tail Glow Manaphy which also destroys Sableye, as well as CM Mega Slowbro which, while rare, completely sweeps you, what with being a CMer that can't be tricked much like MSableye. It fits quite well over Rotom-W by virtue of being a bulky Water as well as a Scizor counter. That being said, you do lose a slow pivot for Lopunny and Ditto which is a problem, as well as a general physical wall which makes your team more vulnerable to being overwhelmed by physical attackers, particulalry Talonflame. If this is a concern you can run CM RD Manaphy or even Suicune, both of these lose to Psyshock MSlowbro but both can handle MScizor, Talonflame, Weavile (didn't mention this earlier but it is absolutely a threat to your team you should be wary of), are better at dealing with XZard, can usually handle Mega Sableye crits notwithstanding (especially Suicune which can potentially PP stall it) and act as good physically defensive bulky waters in general. They aren't nearly as reliable or immediate at taking out MSableye than TG Manaphy though.

Another option is running Bulky Mega Altaria as your mega, you do lose a fast offense-killer which lessens your matchup against offensive teams, buit in return, you gain a fantastic mixed wall with Heal Bell support (which, as I said previously, your team really benefits from), and it also makes all your YZard problems dissapear, makes you a lot more resistant to XZard which was also a threat, and also fixes your weakness to HP Fire/Tbolt Latios which can potentailly cause problems for you. It does make you a lot weaker to Gengar and Weavile though unfortunately, and it's not like these 2 pokemon were easy for your to handle in the first place.

Behemoth (Hippowdon) (M) @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Careful
Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Slack Off
- Stone Edge
- Earthquake

Skar (Skarmory) (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Iron Head
- Spikes
- Roost
- Whirlwind

Ability: Cute Charm Klutz
Jolly Nature
- High Jump Kick
- Return
- Power-Up-Punch / Fake Out
- Heal Bell

Manaphy @ Leftovers
Ability: Hydration
EVs: 96 HP / 252 SpA / 160 Spe
Modest Nature
- Tail Glow
- Scald
- Energy Ball
- Rain Dance / Ice Beam

Manaphy @ Leftovers
Ability: Hydration
EVs: 240 HP / 252 Def / 16 Spe
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Calm Mind
- Rain Dance
- Rest

Suicune @ Leftovers
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Calm Mind
- Rest
- Sleep Talk

Altaria @ Altarianite
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 248 HP / 104 Def / 156 SpD
Bold Nature
- Hyper Voice
- Roost
- Heal Bell
- Perish Song / Flamethrower

This might not be the best change as you won't have an electric resist but I feel like heatran>hippo.
This helps you deal with M-Taria that lack EQ and CM Latios as you can phaze it out with roar.
tran still provides SR support too.

Heatran @ Air Balloon
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Fire Blast
- Earth Power
- Stone Edge
- Stealth Rock
Stone edge to hit Zard y

Thanks for the rating, guys, Albacore I've been testing CM Suicune replacing Rotom-W and I'm liking it, but I lost like 2 battles to M Slowbro (I hate psyshock) and Sub M Gyarados. Maybe I should run Suicune with Roar replacing Sleep Talk?

Albacore

sludge bomb is better than sludge wave
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Thanks for the rating, guys, Albacore I've been testing CM Suicune replacing Rotom-W and I'm liking it, but I lost like 2 battles to M Slowbro (I hate psyshock) and Sub M Gyarados. Maybe I should run Suicune with Roar replacing Sleep Talk?
Unfortunately that's really enough to deal with Slowbro, since Roar only delays the inevitable (the opponent can easily just sack the rest of its team to guarantee an MSlowbro sleep and you can't really stop that. Maybe you could run Toxic on Lopunny to lure it, or even on any other of your Pokemon just to guarantee you won't be swept by Slack Off sets, though that doesn't really help much if it's Rest Slowbro. Does help vs Gyara though so if you have trouble with that feel free to try it out.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)