Favorite Disney Movies

Searched for a thread mentioning this, didn't find any.

I'm interested in hearing what everybody's favorite Disney movies were in the past/currently are, and reasoning if ya want.

This topic can be broken down into several different aspects:
Disney Movies-Any actual Disney movie that was released in theaters
Direct to VHS/DVD-I highly doubt anyone loved any of these, but the option is there
Disney Channel Movies: I genuinely liked some of these, so I'll list this here as well.
Those in italics are optional choices.
You can also post your least favorite Disney movie as well.

If anyone has any suggestions/additions to the criteria, I'll take a look and make changes as I see fit.

I'll start this off. When I was little, I absolutely loved Fox in the Hound. The animation, songs and pacing of the movie were astounding. I also liked the direct to VHS movie The Lion King 2: Simba's Pride; I especially like most of the songs in the movie, such as He Lives in You and We Are One. Finally, my favorite Disney Channel movie was Brink; It was so badass at the time and the skate scenes were so awesome.

az

toddmoding
is a Community Contributoris an Artist Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
honestly this topic would have more merit if it were about people that don't like disney films

Snorlaxe

2 kawaii 4 u
is a Top Contributor Alumnus
uggggghhh i can't watch the fox and the hound without crying, even to this day. i'm more into the many animated disney movies with catchy musical numbers that disney churned out in the 90s, such as the little mermaid, lion king, aladdin (all good ones!) i'm also quite partial to mulan, i grew up watching it and idolizing her for being such a badass. my favorite animated disney movie, however, is hercules. i just think it's absolutely hilarious, and susan egan (who voices hercules's love interest in the movie) has such a great singing voice! if we're talking about any disney-produced movie in general, then obviously i love anything by pixar, particularly the toy story movies and wall-e. i also love all four pirates of the caribbean movies; fuck the haters, those are some high-quality films!

as for disney channel movies...........i remember enjoying the first high school musical movie when watching it as a nine-year-old, but aside from that, i find those movies terribly unimpressive and dull.

honestly this topic would have more merit if it were about people that don't like disney films
Well, people that don't like Disney films can play too. I love older Disney movies but loathe the new stuff. For instance, I HATE the Pirates of the Caribbean movies that came out after the first one. I suppose I can put a least favorite Disney movie option as well, and talk about the deterioration of the modern Disney movie (Bolt, I'm looking at you).

I don't like most Disney films, yeah, I'm one of those guys, they're just not my thing

But I'll go for Fantasia, pretty enjoyable film, even when I barely remember anything about it

az

toddmoding
is a Community Contributoris an Artist Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Well, people that don't like Disney films can play too. I love older Disney movies but loathe the new stuff. For instance, I HATE the Pirates of the Caribbean movies that came out after the first one. I suppose I can put a least favorite Disney movie option as well, and talk about the deterioration of the modern Disney movie (Bolt, I'm looking at you).
actually my point was basically that only a fraction of moviegoers dislike disney films, but then i had forgotten about the dreadful shit they do and was thinking mostly of ye olde disney classics, so do carry on!!

obligatorylionkingaladdinbeautyandthebeastreppage

macle

sup geodudes
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
i really enjoy robin hood, Aladdin, lion king, beauty and the beast. Don't like snow white and any squeals.

FUCK pirates of the Caribbean

Fishy

tits McGee (๑˃̵ᴗ˂̵)
i haven't seen the little mermaid in yeaaaars, kinda wanna!!

also i have been singing all tracks from the lion king soundtrack since i was like in kindergarten, reppin' it

Haha, me and Cartoons! were just talking about this the other day. Gotta rank Lion King on top, but I always loved Aladdin as it was easier to appreciate as a kid. Of all the "girly" ones I think Beauty and the Beast was the best, as I think it's the best conflict of love of the bunch.

Of course, not counting Pixar movies in all this.

Mulan was the best DAC movie
Aladin Return of Jafar was a decent sequel
And the Phineas and Ferb movie was bitchen dawg

RODAN

Banned deucer.
can i make a post swooning over beauty and the beast which is by far the fucking best film oh my god

I think my favorite animated Disney movie, surprisingly, is Aladdin. The characters in that one are pretty fun to watch and listen to, especially Genie and Carpet. Jasmine's also pretty awesome for a Disney princess. Why? Really, Aladdin himself put it best: "She's smart, and fun, and beautiful!" (when you read that, I hope you emphasize the "beautiful" :D ) And she did want to get out of her privileged rut, but unlike Ariel, at least she doesn't trade her soul to the FRIGGIN' DEVIL to do so. Not many songs in Aladdin, but the ones that are used are pretty appropriately used.

@ Fatecrashers: Right away, sir. ;)

I do remember seeing Beauty and the Beast when I was little, but I badly need a refresher on that one in the near future. I also want to see what's so great about The Great Mouse Detective (other than Ratigan).

Live-action movies don't leave too much of an impression other than the first Pirates and maybe National Treasure. ...and Mary Poppins. Live-action shows on the Disney channel are a repellant (ESPECIALLY Zack & Cody) outside Even Stevens. And even some of the newer cartoons on the Disney channel suck.

Direct to video sequels? I haven't seen too many of them, but the Aladdin sequels were pretty good, although noticeably FAR inferior in animation. And Simba's Pride was pretty good. Only other one I can recall seeing was the sequel to Pocahontas, and I wasn't big on Pocahontas in the first place (although the first one was the main attraction at my first real exposure to the animation process).

So, here's my question to you guys: What was your biggest Disney letdown?

breh

強いだね
Does A Bug's Life count? Same goes for Toy Story.

Also, I agree with Lilo and Stich.

Focus

Ubers Tester Extraordinaire
I remember seeing a lot of Disney movies when I was young. I rewatched most of them, and I have to say Fox and the Hound, Fantasia, Toy Story (all of them), Lion King, and surprisingly The Brave Little Toaster held up the best for me. There's still a lot of crap movies by Disney that I still want to watch again, like Mulan, Lilo and Stitch, Beauty and the Beast, Aladdin (have it, but my VHS died halfway through), and a lot of other stuff.

Nastyjungle

JACKED and sassy
is a Top Artist Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnus
hercules never gets enough love it is easily my favorite disney movie

but the lion king is a pretty close second and i am real excited to go see it on the big screen

@Alan

Shrek is a dreamworks movie not a disney movie.

I'm really partial to the Lion King series and if I had to give favorites off of the music I listen to, I'd say Mulan and Pocohontas because there are quite a few songs in their tracks that I cant stop listening to when I'm outside. Those being make a man out of you and Colors of the wind.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)