Favorite non-ubers you use in ubers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
What are your favorite ou, uu or even ru pokemon to use in ubers. Please post effective pokemons that have a purpose, so don't post luvdisk and friends.
I've enjoyed scarfed adamant reckless Staraptor and banded scisor.

Abomasnow: Leftovers
252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
(+SpD, - Spe)
Snow Warning

Blizzard
Wood Hammer
Leech Seed
Protect

Slow enough to control weather, defensive move set to make-up for lack of defensive stats, just high enough base power to make-up for lack of offensive stats. Blizzard Dragons and Flying types, Wood Hammer other weather starters.

Protect is great for scouting Choiced foes, and stalls Leech Seed, Leftovers, and Hail. Protect makes up for a lot of Abomasnow's stats.

Abomasnow encourages Kyurem on your team, and allows for a few other Blizzard users like Mewtwo. Abomasnow's purpose is to prevent weather working on your opponent's favor, while also chipping away at your foe's HP.

What are your favorite ou, uu or even ru pokemon to use in ubers. Please post effective pokemons that have a purpose, so don't post luvdisk and friends.
I've enjoyed scarfed adamant reckless Staraptor and banded scisor.
Could you explain that set please? I really don't see how that set would be effective in Ubers.

Could you explain that set please? I really don't see how that set would be effective in Ubers.
With reckless and adamant nature it reachs an atk stat of 446. It has the power to 2hko all offensive ubers pokemon. Like doing 75-91% to specs kyorge and ohkos darkrai with rocks for exemple. With a scarf he outspeeds all non scarfed users. It's great revenge killer. I've had lots of success using it and I recommend you try it.

I've had success with a Sub Punching TTar to break down key pokemon in uber stall teams for my CM Kyogre + Giratina-O offensive team. It usually got in on Chansey/Blissey and -2 Choiced Dracos. From there, nothing but Groudon switched in safely. It would be more effective when the Latis are given back their soul dew, as their usage would surely rise. From there i'm particularly fond of Ferrothorn as a defensive pivot, and check to such a huge variety of problematic pokemon such as Zekrom, Lugia, and Palkia, as well as luring in pokemon like Blaziken and paralyzing them with a well timed Twave.

shrang

General Kenobi
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I think most Ubers players know how much I love Tyranitar in Ubers. Simple set I'm running:

Tyranitar @ Leftovers
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 252 HP / 56 Atk / 200 SpD
Nature: Brave / Adamant
- Crunch
- Pursuit
- Low Kick
- Ice Beam / Stealth Rock

This will be even more effective when Soul Dew and Shadow Tag Chandelure is released, but so far, you can take down stuff like Giratina-O and Lugia with it. Mixed Giratina-O is removed by Pursuit or Crunch, since it really can't do anything back to you, while Lugia can sometimes be taken out by Def drops from Crunch followed by Pursuit. Low Kick deals a lot of damage to Dialga, while I used Ice Beam because Gliscor is a piece of shit.

polop

Would you look at the time?
is a Contributor Alumnus
Tentacruel actually has a purpose in ubers but no one seems to use it. It's the only fast thing that can use toxic spikes and has insane sp def.

Tentacruel@ black sludge
Ability: rain dish
Evs: 252 hp/ 252 sp def/ 4 def
Nature: calm
- knock off/ confuse ray
- scald
- toxic spikes
- rapid spin

This thing can absorb special blows and still have quite a bit of hp left. It can easily set up toxic spikes on a scarfer locked into a neutral special attack that isn't draco meteor. Knock off screws over every chansey and blissey in the game (to an extent every poke) but confuse ray can offer you more time to set up. Scald can burn things so that it isnt complete set up bait. Rapid spin enables it to win 1 vs 1 between it and forry.

I used Shuckle as a wall for a good 2 months (though now replaced by Eviolite-Chansey), and also as a phazer Scrafty. This guy gets to 300 in both Defensive stats with the right investment, can absorb status with SS and phaze with Dragon Tail. Winner!

Specially defensive Scizor is quite awesome really. I run SD/Roost/Bullet Punch/Bug Bite and its fun to setup in the face of random things like Darkrai and Skymin. Also, setting up in the face of Draco Meteor is just... AWESOME.

Forretress is also excellent, providing spin/hazard support, but all I can say about Forry is...

fuck you Giratina.

My favorite is definately:
bold Registeel@leftovers
252 def, 253 hp, 5 sp def
toxic
t-wave
seismic toss
stealth rock
Dual status registeel is excellent at shutting down nearly all offensive threats in ubers, and it can stall out a lot of things with toxic+s-toss

^I would rather use Jirachi, Registeel is essentially dead weight and will lose to anything with 101 Subs (a good bit).

Focus

Ubers Tester Extraordinaire
My favorite pokemon to use when I am in the trolling mood is this little thing:

Whimsicott @ Leftovers
Prankster
252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold (+Def, -Atk)

-Substitute
-Leech Seed
-Encore
-Stun Spore / Memento

Bring it in on something, use Encore on a set-up move or a weak-enough attack, get behind a sub, then have the time of your life. Whimsicott is one mean subseeder. Priority on all four of these moves is simply divine. It is surprisingly beefy with maximum investment in the Defense stat, letting it take on most purely physical threats like a champ (though it does not like facing Extremekiller too much). Not only can this thing subseed, Whimsicott is great at helping to stop a potentially disastrous sweep from Mewtwo, Darkrai, or whatever. Either slow your opponents to a crawl with Stun Spore or cripple a pokemon with Memento in a pinch.

In the past I used Specially Defensive Scizor as a defensive pivot with Palkia, and as a revenge killer for Darkrai (after Sleep Clause) and slightly weakened Deoxys-A. Bullet Punch didn't OHKO, but Deoxys-A rarely carries HP Fire, allowing Scizor to beat it easily. It served my team well, especially when I was using Arceus-Fighting, but I've since replaced it with Arceus-Steel, who beats the Extreme Killer (Scizor was walled by it), is far bulkier, and can actually take unSTAB Fire Blasts.

However, if your team can't use an Arceus, I would recommend Scizor. It beats a pretty wide variety of Ubers, such as Mewtwo without Fire attacks, Deoxys-A without HP Fire, and Darkrai once Sleep Clause is activated. Arceus can only beat Deoxys-A by switching to a strong physically defensive Pokemon (like Groudon) to sponge the Superpower, then switch back in to kill Deoxys-A. Scizor doesn't have such trouble with Deoxys-A.

I love using Tornadus in teams with Kyogre.

Tornadus@Life Orb
Prankster
252 SpA / 252 Spe / 4 filler
Timid

Hurricane
Grass Knot
Hammer Arm/Focus Blast
Tailwind

Tornadus is such a good teammate for Kyogre since it is almost like a pure anti-Groudon. It can switch in on Earthquakes, and OHKO most of them with Grass Knot, so the sun threat is cleared. Hurricane is its main STAB which greatly damages anything that doesn't resist it. And there's Tailwind which basically gives itself or any other teammate a 2-3 turn sweep.

If Ampharos has no defense boosts, any Groudon with minimum investment in Attack will insta-floor it with EQ. Support Groudon, the one Groudon you'll most likely see with the lowest attack, still OHKO's it with EQ.

On the other hand, Signal Beam does like 18% to Groudon. I don't need to say about a resisted Power Gem.

ScarfOgre, one of the biggest threats in the meta, 2HKOs with Water Spout. SpecsOgre has a chance to outright KO.

Basically, Ampharos isn't really the best thing to use in ubers. Despite a decent amount of special bulk its not going to be able to weather up to strong and powerful attacks.

Why not work with a base 90 in Special Defense and HP.
Because there are a million other Pokemon with way better defensive stats, who can actually do something offensively? Because everything and its mother can just set up Substitutes and Calm Minds in your face? Because trying to wall without giving yourself the ability to kill things, phaze, or recover HP is suicide in Ubers?

I love using Tornadus in teams with Kyogre.

Tornadus@Life Orb
Prankster
252 SpA / 252 Spe / 4 filler
Timid

Hurricane
Grass Knot
Hammer Arm/Focus Blast
Tailwind

Tornadus is such a good teammate for Kyogre since it is almost like a pure anti-Groudon. It can switch in on Earthquakes, and OHKO most of them with Grass Knot, so the sun threat is cleared. Hurricane is its main STAB which greatly damages anything that doesn't resist it. And there's Tailwind which basically gives itself or any other teammate a 2-3 turn sweep.
Thundurus is great for killing Groudons too, it also has priority Thunder Wave and Taunt, making it a great lead.

breh

強いだね
I enjoyed using SpD heatran to sponge DMs on a sun team. Lava Plume is hilarious when it burns palkia in the sun since it can't do anything in return.

I've used a couple that were pretty good:

Jirachi @ Leftovers
Ability: Serene Grace
Nature: Careful
EVs: 252hp/40def/216Sdef
-Thunderwave
-Stealth Rock
-Iron Head
-U-Turn

Jirachi's cheap hax strategy is very effective. It's also quite bulky, allowing it to get up rocks nicely.

Salamence @ Life Orb
Ability: Intimidate
Nature: Naive
EVs: 252atk/4Satk/252spd
-Dragon Dance
-Outrage
-Earthquake
-Fire Blast

Not as effective as Raichi, but can sometimes help clean up whatever mess his buddy, Rayquaza started.

-pics handdrawn by Aaragornbird

alphatron

Volt turn in every tier! I'm in despair!
Jumpluff. Fastest sleep inducer during sunlight. Fastest cleric in a pinch. Immune to toxic spikes. Fast momento for when I need to set up. Has actually saved my weakened team from being destroyed by deo-a and is my go to guy for when giratina shows up.

Then again, I'm relatively sucky at ubers.

polop

Would you look at the time?
is a Contributor Alumnus
Actually whimsicoot is faster then jumpluff at mementoing and sleeping but he's not immune to toxic spikes.

I've used gravity chansey on one of my stall teams and being able to poison the likes of giratina and lugia with toxic spikes was always fun. Also gengar is actually a usable spin blocker lol. Subbing up on forry and threatening him or all the spinners with focus miss or hp fire, and thunderbolt is always just hilarious. It even beats tentacruel with specs thunderbolt .

Mr.lol, Gengar needs STAB Shadow Ball. I'm assuming you are switching around focus blast and hp-fire. Shadow ball is the best option for the myriad psychics that show up, such as Mewtwo. And yes, Whimsicott with Prankster Ability may be used in any weather (although it needs its leftovers to cancel out damage from sand or the rarely seen hail).

Obviously this gen's ubers is pretty much weather spamming. If Kyogre is the summoner, I would obviously go the top three swift swimmers (Ludicolo, Kabutops, Kingdra) or maybe someone like Lanturn. Pikachu with Light Ball might be an option, at least if given the speed boosts first, as it is really frail compared to the ubers, and is under the base 90 speed tier, the same as Groudon, Kyogre and company. If it's Groudon, the obvious options are the Chlorophyll sweepers. Yes I am talking to you, Venusaur! Also obvious are the big fire attackers, such as Volcarona and Darmanitan. What if it's another weather? First thing I think of is the Tyranitar to Excadrill combo, especially if Excadrill carries X-scissor for those random psychics. And Jolly to out-speed stuff like Scarf Chomp.

2 pokes I use cause other then that my sister will sweep me.
Lum berry scizor takes out Darkrai with little trouble.
MY own verison of breeloom.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)