5. The Legend of Zelda
6. The Adventure of Link
7. Oracle Series
8. Twilight Princess
9. Link's Awakening
10. Spirit Tracks
11. Majora's Mask
12. Phantom Hourglass

OoT is considered by many one of the greatest games of all time. It's an epic game, more like an interactive book or movie than a game since the player is sucked into the story so well.

reyscarface

is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a defending SPL Championdefeated the Smogon Frontier
World Defender
Im a big graphics fan so Twilight Princess was a godsend to me, also moving your arm like if you had a sword was pretty epic too...

But I also loved Ocarina of Time, so im stuck between both!

Going with TP though because although OoT story was excellent, my arm grew muscle from playing TP so much!

Oracle of Ages/Seasons. Who'd have thought they weren't canon back then? One of the funnest handheld games/series I've ever played.

zapzap29

The obssessive man of passion
I liked Twilight Princess. I'm also one of the few people that likes Minish Cap.

LttP always. I'm probably slightly biased towards it since it was the first one I played, but man, what a classic.

zapzap29

The obssessive man of passion
I like the replay value of Minish Cap. I wanted to unlock all the secrets in that game so I spent a lot of time slashing grass to find coins.

I'm a bit biased towards Wind Waker, it was the first one I played from start to finish, but I gotta say that Twilight Princess is the overall better game.

I really enjoyed Majora's Mask. The game was teeming with all kinds of things that made it so fun and unique. The mask system was awesome, the 3 day cycle was fun to mess around with, and the three big transformations were always fun to use and play as. I'm honestly not too big a fan of Zelda games, but Majora's Mask was so different that it always struck me as a fun game. My only complaint is that it was a tad short, despite the level of bonuses everywhere.

definitely link to the past for me, there's not really any other answer.

i loved OoT as well and it's probably my second favorite. wind waker might be my favorite if not for the triforce piece search and the removed dungeon :(

loved seasons/ages as well since they were my first zelda games (seasons > ages)

twilight princess was a huge disappointment; the next wii zelda will hopefully be better

UncleSam

Leading this village
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
This came down to Wind Waker and Ocarina of Time for me. Wind Waker was my first Zelda game, and so it will always hold a special place in my heart. HOWEVER...there is no denying that Ocarina of Time was the more expansive game, and I simply prefer horse riding and otherwise navigating on land to sailing on the vast sea. Also, the story was a little better in Ocarina of Time, and the cutscenes somewhat more enjoyable. Of Course Wind Waker had better graphics and cooler bosses, so it was not a landslide. Ultimately, my vote went to Ocarina of Time, mainly because of the awesomeness that is the Song of Storms, and the cutscene where young link drains the well. One of the best cutscenes in any video game, ever.

I am a HUGE Zelda fan and love them all... but if I had to pick one, I'm going with Ocarina of Time because it's a true masterpiece in gameplay and story. The dungeons were amazing and there were memorable boss battles as well. Second place is tied between Twilight Princess and Wind Waker. Third I'd say A Link To The Past. I think the best handheld Zelda game is Link's Awakening by far. One of the best stories in the series IMO.

Korski

Distilled, 80 proof
is a CAP Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Twlight Princess was a visual masterpiece and got the closest out of any of the Zelda games to a political plot line, which I thought was amazing, considering all the elements that have gone into the Zelda games in the past and how they could have stepped away from the purely "good vs. evil" binary but didn't (with the potential exception of Majora's Mask). The sheer expanse of the game and lack of repetitive puzzles/game play that seem to exist in other iterations of the franchise was a vast improvement over the other games.

It's between ALttP and OoT for me. Ocarina was my first Zelda game, and obviously, it was amazing, but A Link to the Past was great. The difficulty level was greatly appreciated.

Majora's Mask would be my third. That game is just too amazing.

Oracle of Ages/Seasons. Who'd have thought they weren't canon back then? One of the funnest handheld games/series I've ever played.
When has it be said that they aren't? Isn't it obvious that they proceed Link's Awakening?

In other news, Majora's Mask is such a fun game for me. I liked the whole mask concept and wish it would return.

Twlight Princess was a visual masterpiece and got the closest out of any of the Zelda games to a political plot line, which I thought was amazing, considering all the elements that have gone into the Zelda games in the past and how they could have stepped away from the purely "good vs. evil" binary but didn't (with the potential exception of Majora's Mask). The sheer expanse of the game and lack of repetitive puzzles/game play that seem to exist in other iterations of the franchise was a vast improvement over the other games.
OH MY GOD
THEY EXIST
PEOPLE WHO UNDERSTAND TP

Seriously, yeah. Twilight Princess is the most twisted and deep Zelda game to date, closely followed by MM. You just have to read between the lines. Also I think liking a 2D game, MM or WW over it is ok, but anyone who prefers OoT is simply refusing to see the truth in my opinion: Twilight Princess is more epic, has a better story, better dungeons, better 'minigames', it's like a giant best-of of all the games - and to those who say 'it lacks soul', yeah, you just didn't get into it and didn't notice how meaningful the story is.

Also fuck you Miyamoto die already just let Aonuma do his thing.

When has it be said that they aren't? Isn't it obvious that they proceed Link's Awakening?
I was under the impression that that they weren't officially recognized as canon until a while after they were released, due to capcom having a lot of say in the actual content; they're certainly the most difficult titles to fit into the LoZ timeline. But alas, this isn't a matter that should be discussed in this topic.

Now that I've voted, I regret not picking Majora's Mask. Actually, I might go and play it now!

I always say Majora's Mask. I enjoyed the side quests that focused on helping others with their issues in life. I also really love how you use time travel to your advantage. You don't keep your items or most of the accomplishments you've made, but the advantage you get from doing tasks before going back is the knowledge that allows you to bypass tasks you had done earlier. I find these puzzles fascinating.

Runner ups are OoT, and ALttP. OoT really has little to no major faults that turn people away from the game. It's a good starting game for new Zelda fans as it explains the basic Ganon/Zelda/Link plot. The game also introduced features that have been a part of every 3D zelda game since such as lock on, multiple item mapping, and the action button. ALttP introduced the modern dungeon design, and was incredibly difficult to the point that you almost needed to do side quests just to get upgrades. Otherwise, the difficulty would spike to near impossible in the second half.

Common favorites that aren't mine, TP and WW. TP was an awesome collection of references to past Zelda games and was a real beauty, but combat was too easy throughout. I don't believe I died once except from the miniboss in the yeti mansion. I hate WW's ocean. I baisly hate it. I found it monotonous and boring, and Triforce hunting made me quit the game for several months. >___> Pretty good game otherwise.

EDIT: I forgot about Four Swords! While the game didn't really offer anything new and was mostly 4 player aLttP without an explorable overworld, the game IS incredibly fun with a bunch of friends. For that reason, I have a lot of memories associated with Four Swords (not Minish Cap though). I wish the voting poll didn't group the games together because I would have been split between MM and FSA.

I actually liked the GBC Zelda Games, Oracle of Seasons and Oracle of Time. I quite like the dungeon/puzzle design of the new DS ones, but I'm not keen on the travel/sidequests/art style of them.

LttP was awesome, I only recently played the GBA port. And the classic Dark World theme...

Wind Waker. I liked the boat. I really enjoyed the sailing bits, even though it took a bit of criticism. Also, Wind Waker has my favourite combat of all the games, and the Savage Labyrinth was an absolute pleasure to play.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)