FEAR Pineco as a Dual Screener?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi, I'm not sure if this is the right place to post this, but I'm going to anyway.
I was thinking about the most reliable Dual Screener, and I came across the idea of a Level 1 Pineco Dual Screen set. Here it is.

Pineco @ Sitrus Berry
Level 1
Ability: Sturdy
252Spe
Jolly Nature
- Reflect
- Light Screen
- Pain Split
- Stealth Rock / Spikes / Toxic Spikes

The idea is that you set up one of the screens as your opponent brings you down to 1HP, where Sturdy will keep you alive. Sitrus Berry will restore your health to max, so you can set up the second screen as they bring you down to 1HP again. Then they will normally outspeed and kill you. If your opponent does not attack you, you can set up some entry hazards aswell. Pain Split could be handy, as when your Sitrus Berry is gone, by using it you will essentially halve your opponents health, and restore your own. But this isn't a good idea as it will waste the turns that the screens will stay up. 252Spe and Jolly nature is to outspeed other FEAR sets. This set has a few problems. Taunt shuts it down completely (as it does to most Dual Screeners), status causes problems, hail stops Sturdy from working, the lack of Light Clay means the screens will only last 5 turns, and Pineco is unlikely to be able to set up the screen more than once a battle. It's gimmicky, and probably terrible competitively, but what do you think?

I'd probably post this in the creative movesets thread, given that things of this nature usually go there. As far as dual screen users go, this would be complete setup bait against Substitute users, and for that reason, I would probably choose something such as Espeon for the slot.

Sitrus Berry only restores 1/4 of your health (according to Bulbapedia, it could be wrong but I don't think so) so it will not return Pineco to Full health. Oran berry comes 1HP short of restoring lv 1 Pineco to full health, so that won't work either.

Finally, there are other Dual Screeners you could use that'd be a lot more effective and able to set up screens more than once. While this set seems like a cool idea, it's just totally not worth using.

Finally, creative moveset thread would be where this would go in the future.

Matthew

I love weather; Sun for days
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
This would be better placed in the Creative Movesets thread for OU. Please read the rules of the forum before you post!

Welcome to Smogon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)